Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:49 AM

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" - Music/Radio (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" (79672 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Faze: 56% (180 votes)
2Face: 43% (138 votes)
This poll has ended

Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2007
Icon indeed grin keep dreaming, bunch of mumus

FAZE kiss
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 9:51pm On May 14, 2007
Hey no need 4 insults.Its obvious with his achievements
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 10:07pm On May 14, 2007
which achievements? tell me
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 10:08pm On May 14, 2007
No need 2 act dumb
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 10:09pm On May 14, 2007
Na beef go kill sum pple
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 10:14pm On May 14, 2007
Change ur ways
i nor dey beef e you my broda.

You are the one acting dumb, why not tell me his" achievements"
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 10:25pm On May 14, 2007
U shldnt b in dis forum if u know notin about 2face and faze. Cos i cant understand how sum1 is supposed 2 know music will ask me such a question.

u know wut jst go to google and type in the two names and tell me wut u see. And stop being a hypocryte.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 10:32pm On May 14, 2007
It's obvious you dont want to mention the MTV AWARDcos all true hiphop heads know the story

What else except for that fundamentally flawed fraud won by Kennisplease make bold to tell me and dont be a coward
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 10:37pm On May 14, 2007
Coward? Aint 2face or his manager.
And i dnt give a Bleep if the award was planned like haters like u think,but the fact remains that he is world known and that makes him beta
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2007
Glad to be a hater for saying the truth

Maybe you should go ask Okosi(MTV BASE MANAGER), Eddy Lawani(No 1 event manager in Nigeria) Ayo Animashaun(Publisher Hiphopworld Magazine)haters too just to mention a few , they would tell you who won that award even though they love Tuface more than u do

Please say what you know, and dont blab.

Maybe i should let you know that FAZE is the only Naija Artiste on an International label(Akon's Konvict Music)merit is what counts
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 10:59pm On May 14, 2007
Baro:

Maybe i should let you know that FAZE is the only Naija Artiste on an International label(Akon's Konvict Music)
merit is what counts
All of your shouting that faze has signed to Akon record label, how sure are your.

Let wait for the CD to come out people you guys start yapping and bragging around.

Moreover just because is signed doesn't mean is better than 2face

They are both respected and talented artists.

IF you claim faze is more international know why wasn't he invited to BET award in 2006

[center][size=17pt]2FACE 4 LIFE kiss kiss[/size] [/center]
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 1:38am On May 15, 2007
Baro:

Glad to be a hater for saying the truth

Maybe you should go ask Okosi(MTV BASE MANAGER), Eddy Lawani(No 1 event manager in Nigeria) Ayo Animashaun(Publisher Hiphopworld Magazine)haters too just to mention a few , they would tell you who won that award even though they love Tuface more than u do

Please say what you know, and don't blab.

Maybe i should let you know that FAZE is the only Naija Artiste on an International label(Akon's Konvict Music)merit is what counts

Ok pls who was supposed to win? Cuz u r dropping names right now that doesn't prove anything. So kennis music influenced MTV to give tuface the award? Wow!!! U guys should just stop all these theories. That was tuface's year. He was the most popular African artist that year bar none. The guy has achieved a lot and I can understand the reason tosinadeda doesn't want to bother mentioning all of them. When arguing lets state the facts and not twist them, it makes the argument much more valid and interesting. Give props where its due
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Emad(f): 8:25am On May 15, 2007
we can spend the rest of our lives arguing but the fact remains, 2face has got it , faze has to make more effort
i thought Kolomental was the maddest of his crap, what is popopodipopopodipopoooo angry angry angry
why has his wife not yet filed for divorce
oh i forgot madness is contagious
grin grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 8:41am On May 15, 2007
@mr me too

thank u jare
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 11:45am On May 15, 2007

These questions need your SINCERE answers;

Do you remember that" TALENTLESS" TONY TETUILA won the INAUGURAL EDITION of CHANNEL O MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS while with KENNIS?

Do you remember that "  WHACK AND EXTINCT" EEDRIS ABDULKAREEM carried the famous OLYMPIC TORCH(first ever a young Nigerian Act) while with KENNIS also?

Do you recall that TUFACE won the INAUGURAL EDITION of THE MTV BASE AWARDS with KENNIS too?

Do you know that, Kennis made sure an AWARD CATEGORY was created for Tuface(making sure he won one even though he didnt deserve any) and themselves in the INAUGURAL HIPHOPWORLDMAGAZINE AWARDS? If not, what the f*ck is Special recognition Award? Rubbish.

Do you you know that these awards and many more were won by KENNIS MUSIC (KEKE AND D1) and not by the individual acts?

Do you know that none of the aforementioned ARTISTES would NEVER smell these AWARDS  without KENNIS(ask TETUILA and EEDRIS how many awards they have won since KENNIS dumped them )

Do you know that KENNIS would have still won the MTV AWARD without YOUR TUFACE?

Do you know that KEISHA and ZAMAJOBE(fellow nominees for the MTV award) were miles better than(in any sense) Tuface that year, and would always be?

Do you know that AKON is the biggest thing in HIPHOP as we speak?(Hit collabs with Snoop, Shady, Ob trice e.t.c, and soon with Michael Jackson confirms this)

Have you ever asked yourself why AKON went for FAZE and no one ELSE?(Remember WYCLEF did same)

Do you know that TUFACE can not represent NIGERIAN MUSIC  internationally and FAZE can?

Do you know that FAZE turned down an offer from KENNIS MUSIC(because them nor reach), before he opted for WESTSIDE?

Kennis Music and KONVICT MUSIC which is bigger?

Now, some Facts

Tuface is good;even though he is very DULL(maybe that is why he is humble)

He is not the best, not even in a fair NIGERIAN TOP 5 CHART by you

Kennis in their usual tradition have succeeded, albeit temporarily, in making Tuface what he is not.

Faze is where he is presently in the industry based on his talent only , nothing else, and he is on the verge of blowing up now that he is getting some tested machinery to ride on.

From Lagos to Benin, Faze's songs(lndependent) has topped Tuface's(Grass to grace) in 90% of radio and Tv shows(except those owned by Keke and his stooges), quote me anywhere, facts are certain.

FAZE is a material for the GRAMMY'S, nothing less.

PEACE.

Maybe you should check this out
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 2:24pm On May 15, 2007
I obviously can't answer all your questions, I'm not being paid for this but what tires me about this kind of argument is when people want to twist facts.

Tuface was EVERYWHERE, EVERYWHERE, the yr he won the MTV Awards. Tell me what song Keisha was nominated for that would have beat "African Queen" that year.

Millions of people around the world can't be wrong just go look for a thread about tuface even on nairaland and see how people all over the world proclaim their love for the song.

Tony tetuila won channel o award, for what song? So lets know if the so called talentless guy deserved it or not.

We have about 100million people in Nigeria, and people all over the world that would have voted for these artistes to win, DON'T HATE.

Arguments like yours make me come back here because how can anyone say tuface is not talented? how? do you even listen at all? or have u let your bias or hate for the guy cloud your judgement?

What do u mean tuface cannot represent Nigeria internationally? Please what has he been doing all this time?

I'll say it again AKON had a best African playlist on MTV jams, he showed a video of "Ole" I did not see any faze on that list. It could be argued that tuface's contract with kennis is still valid and thats the reason Konvict Music didn't go for him.

Akon himself has shown his love and admiration for tuface numerous times.

Wyclef went for faze? WOW!!! Again maybe I heard the wrong version but I thought Tuface did more singing that any other person featured on that song. I guess Kennis music also told Wyclef to let tuface sing for that long.

Please I'll say this again lets not argue blindly. Give props where its due. I think faze is good but I prefer tuface but you'll never hear me saying he's talentless. Tuface brought the modern age of naija music into the international limelight. People all over the world that get up and sing along or dance when listening to tuface has never heard of Kennis before. Go check youtube out and see how many versions of "African Queen" are out there, check how many comments his songs generate. Please don't say faze's album is Grammy material. Maybe future ones but not this one lets not deceive ourselves
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 3:09pm On May 15, 2007
I obviously can't answer all your questions,

Thanks for admitting your handicap!!need not say more

Let me just say this for the records, Tuface is talentedvery dull too but there is just one thing you should know, i only respect Naija Artistes who's been able to make it outside Kennis i.e Sunny Nneji, Ruggedman, Faze, Psquare, Paul Play, Dbanj, Mode nine and a few moreThese are real men
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 9:10pm On May 15, 2007
Beef
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 9:24pm On May 15, 2007
Hmmmmmmm

FAZE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by kosikosi: 3:21am On May 16, 2007
in whatever u do
do GOOD so GOOD can follow u
DO GOOD by faze
this one has message abi

nobody one die but we wan go heaven
no shaking
ebi like say e don they happen 2face

na waoooooooo
i have both cd
i love them both

FAZE AND TUFACE ROCKS
cant wait for plantasuin boiz/ MEN LOL
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by beambally: 3:45pm On May 17, 2007
abeg while comparing an icon with a star,tuface had won awards locally and internationally,with somebody dat av won notin locally,in dere first album,u cant compare face 2 face with faze alone and 2face curreent album his donig well compare to fazes own.compare faze to musicians lik 2short,sasha,freesyle,konga.etc and signing for konvict make him  abeta musician?while not ask 4 the details of the contract,let see him release an album under this record label.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 8:04pm On May 17, 2007
Some people jst make me sick
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 10:11am On May 18, 2007
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Modups1(f): 2:32pm On May 18, 2007
faze:

u dont really understand
wetin u day do dis man
girl u know u got control of me oh no
baby wont u take my hand
and lead me to d promised land
girl i want u 2 have my kids
cos u knock me off my feet
u make my heart go
kpokpodi kpokpodi kpokpodi kpokpokpodi kpo!
kpokpodi kpokpodi kpokpodi kpokpokpodi kpo!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2face:

every time dat i look into ur eyes
i see fire in there
and if u look into my eyes
u'll see desire in there
if luv is a crime, then am willing to be wanted
if luv is a crime, then i want to b wanted
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

luv em both!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by realborn(m): 2:45pm On May 18, 2007
It is amazing dat people cld get insultive and fanatical about choosing a favorite between two musical artists.
I believe dat every opinion should be considered and respected to the person of the poster.
In as much as i luv face, i cannot dis 2face either. He is great nevertheless but i dove my hat anyday 4 face. from a humble beginnin and musical background, a less popular member of the defunct plantation boiz, expected to be d loser of the liquidation of the group, makin so much waves dat cld generate into a controversy is absolutely divine. listening to his first single 'face alone', i wept for joy in my heart dat a star was born.  The second album has proved him an excellent young talented lyricist and musical icon who wil make history. I believe d dissolution of the group was just 4 God to work wonders in His life. Who God has blessed no man can curse.
Life is not just about the money you make, but its about satisfaction and personalty. The dude has showed a lot of humility and respect for his fans and God so far in his young career.
I remember an incident dat happened wen i was still an undegraduate in OAU (great Ife) guess 2001 or 2002 cant remember precisely, the group was still intact, tests were holdin d day after (saturday morning) in preparation 4 exams about dis time and a show was slated for dis fateful friday. A lot of students read earlier in the day just to b at the show. 2face was d favorite by all then. but he did something dat made him loose followership till date. students rushed to the stage to snap with dem and 2face could not stand his fans. Pride overtook him dat he was shrugging off the hands of these students. while face and black face snapped, shook hands, endorsed and encouraged their fans. This singular act has affected my likeness 4 dis guy and i am sure a lot of odas agree to dis.
To his (2face) music, undoubtedly i luv his style of flow and effect in his voice and production, but i tink he has little understanding abt meaningful lyrics. He does better in collabos.
I listen 2 both of them religiously. Every track on their old and new album i know the lyrics word 4 word.
Face is my guy anyday and i know dat de hype is here to stay 4 him. Mtv base and Channel O cannot resist dis guy anymore. No god father but God dey solidly behind him.
Lets keep looking forward 2 greater stuff from dem. If truly wat we hear about dis Konvict deal is true then we should smile dat our own his going higher.
Face Keep it up. Much Luv
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 3:18pm On May 18, 2007
@Realborn,

Thanks bro for not failing to take a standstand for merit, its worth it

FAZE.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 10:41pm On May 18, 2007
lol, y'all.@realborn, u so right! To each his own. Personally, i think they both good. But both of 'em cld be really annoyin' sometimes with their songs. But i can't get over 2 face even after i criticize him. He got this smooth, sexy voice. i don't know how to explain it. Like in d beginnin' of that song, "for instance", i like d "eh, eh" thing he was sayin'. grin. I think it sounds rugged/ghetto. He's my homie, he got ghetto love. grin And that's what makes him significant. He has great charisma. Each time i hear such stuffs, i know it's def. 2face. C'mon, he's good. admit it! Faze, on d other hand is good too but nah, 2face got it!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 11:40pm On May 18, 2007
@Chiogo,
He got this smooth, sexy voice. i don't know how to explain it. Like in d beginnin' of that song, "kolomental", i like d "eh, eh" thing he was sayin'. . I think it sounds rugged/ghetto.

Faze sang Kolomental

He is the best

Check the poll presently going on wwwdotnigerianentertainmentdotcom, and even the one just concluded
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 11:49pm On May 18, 2007
Baro:

@Chiogo,
Faze sang Kolomental

my bad! i meant 4 instance. grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by ayefele200(m): 11:50pm On May 18, 2007
@chiogo

SO Who is the NITWIT, i too know?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 11:56pm On May 18, 2007
ayefele200:

@chiogo

SO Who is the NITWIT, i too know?
Fool, why u stalkin' me? anywayz, u still d nitwit or whatever u wrote 'cause i did not go about correctin' people of smthin' am not sure of in a rude way. I only posted my opinion and he corrected me. I was thinkin' of kolomental when i was postin', so i wrote that! u're still d fool. U ain't nothin' like me and wld never be.stop stalkin' me, fool and get a life!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by ayefele200(m): 12:00am On May 19, 2007
@chiogo
so funny, well i gat a life which am pretty much proud of, now left for u to find something reasonable to start with,
well amma act grown, wouldn't want to start any FEUD niether will i have any GRUDGES with u, cos if i start only God knows what comes last, well its iight, stay cool

@topic
just gat the tupac album, its iight but i think FAZE is pretty much better

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (72) (Reply)

Music: Download Travis Scott – Sicko Mode Ft. Drake / Shakira's New Video: Hips Don't Lie / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.