Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,207 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:16 PM

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" - Music/Radio (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" (79661 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Faze: 56% (180 votes)
2Face: 43% (138 votes)
This poll has ended

Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2007
@effa,mrmeetoo
It's a big lie that tuface has more than faze now. I don't know the current sales statistic but tuface's album wasn't as successful as the first one and faze Independent sold much more than faze alone(faze alone sold over 1.5 million). I need you to get their sales statitics and let's compare. And be honest cos I'll know if you lie grin grin grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 6:05am On Sep 13, 2007
Catch shaka this week on HipTV on the following stations - AIT (Tuesdays - 10:30PM, Saturdays - 4:30PM, Sundays - 3PM). GOTEL (Fridays - 9PM, Saturdays - 9PM, Sundays - 9PM). MBI (Saturdays - 10:30PM). MITV (Fridays - 11:30PM. Saturdays - 5PM. Sundays - 5PM). SILVER BIRD TV (11:30AM) The Revolution is on!!!!hiphop magazine all white party in london,spot shaka on white stunnaz.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 11:49am On Sep 13, 2007
O boy
Grass2Grace sold above that 1.5m faze sold
Platinum and 500 , e tr gOOD WORK FOR FAZE
but o bot tu sell pass that one oh
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by zigbo(f): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2007
shaka mc:

Catch shaka this week on HipTV on the following stations - AIT (Tuesdays - 10:30PM, Saturdays - 4:30PM, Sundays - 3PM). GOTEL (Fridays - 9PM, Saturdays - 9PM, Sundays - 9PM). MBI (Saturdays - 10:30PM). MITV (Fridays - 11:30PM. Saturdays - 5PM. Sundays - 5PM). SILVER BIRD TV (11:30AM) The Revolution is on!!!!hiphop magazine all white party in london,spot shaka on white stunnaz.

wat bout BEN and OBE wat time?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2007
@effa, Please read well.damn
The 1.5m is for d Faze alone album nd Independent. With Kolomental, I feel Independent should be more than 2m but I'll still make enquiries. U were wrong on that, tell ur informant to work harder grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2007
Oh faze alone sold 1.5
thats nice. You sure do you know that face2face sold above that 1.5. right?
Independent no reach 2m ok. what i heard of independent was just 1m but am sure he should sell above that, maybe 1.3 or 1. 4

But you know Grass2garce is doing far better than that
No need to give you figures ok
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2007
@ pheesayor,
if you dont know, baro,jaybaby,zigbo etc were once in ur position but they were a little bit faster in observing the truth and now the are a too invicible to be seen and too faintsounded to be heard.i dont have to blame u because just as we have innovator that innovate we also have laggards that accept and learn last.2FACE AND D'BANJ just got nominated for MOBO AWARD,i'm sure the organisers know that face is alive and kicking with kolomenta.
he was nominated for the BEST NEWCOMER category in CHANNEL-O award that 2face had received FIVE of.it's a shame not only on face but you the fans.
well the guy try because this is the first time he will be recognise outside nigeria!.i just hate the attitude of p'ple comparing mosquitoe to an elepahant!
2BABA 4 LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2007
@ PHEESAYOR,
4 D STATISTIC, 2FACE FACE2FACE SOLD 6 MILLION COPIES WITH VIDEOS.FAZE ALONE SOLD 1.5 MILLION COPIES.
4 THEIR NEW ALBUMS GRASS2GRACE IS DOUBLEPLATINUM AND STILL COUNTING!
INDEPENDENT TOO IS PLATINUM AND STILL COUNTING.
CAN YOU PLEASE ANSWER THESE ?.
(1) B4 2FACE JOINED KENNIS MUSIC,DO THEY HAVE ANY ARTIST UNDER THEIR LABEL THAT GOT NOMINATED 4 AN AWARD OUTSIDE AFRICA DESPIT THEIR HYPE?
(2) IS THEIR ANY ARTIST UNDER KENNIS THAT WON KORA AWARD B4 2FACE?
(3) KENNY AND D1 HAVE THEY EVER GET TO ENTER THE HALL OF STAPLE CENTER THE VENUE OF GRAMMY AWARD B4 2FACE WON THE MTV AWARD?
(4)WHY DID P'BOIZ BROKE UP WHEN 2FACE LEFT THE GROUP?COZ THEY PROMISED 2 CONTINUE WITHOUT HIM.
(5).WHY IS FAZE STILL A TENANT DESPITE ALL THE MONEY HE GOT FROM HIS BESTSELLER ALBUM? AND WHERE DID 2FACE GET THE MONEY 2 BUY 25 MILLION NAIRA DUPLEX DESPITE THE MILKING DRY NATURE OF KENNIS?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2007
Baro is back, through with my bar exams, had enough rest. Missed this thread, BUT NOW AM BACK
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Miscreant: 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2007
4 D STATISTIC, 2FACE FACE2FACE SOLD 6 MILLION COPIES WITH VIDEOS.FAZE ALONE SOLD 1.5 MILLION COPIES.
4  THEIR NEW ALBUMS GRASS2GRACE IS DOUBLEPLATINUM AND STILL COUNTING!
(1) B4 2FACE JOINED KENNIS MUSIC,DO THEY HAVE ANY ARTIST UNDER THEIR LABEL THAT GOT NOMINATED 4 AN AWARD OUTSIDE AFRICA DESPIT THEIR HYPE?
(3) KENNY AND D1 HAVE THEY EVER GET TO ENTER THE HALL OF STAPLE CENTER THE VENUE OF GRAMMY AWARD B4 2FACE WON THE MTV AWARD?
(4)WHY DID P'BOIZ BROKE UP WHEN 2FACE LEFT THE GROUP?COZ THEY PROMISED 2 CONTINUE WITHOUT HIM.
(5).WHY IS FAZE STILL A TENANT DESPITE ALL THE MONEY HE GOT FROM HIS BESTSELLER ALBUM? AND WHERE DID 2FACE GET THE MONEY 2 BUY 25 MILLION NAIRA DUPLEX DESPITE THE MILKING DRY NATURE OF KENNIS?

Silly and irrelevant questions
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by zigbo(f): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2007
Miscreant:

lmfao cheesy . . . .
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2007
Miscreant:

WELCOME BACNK BARO
THOSE QUESTIONS SEEMS IRRELEVANT TO YOU MISCREANT TO BECOS YOU JUST CANNOT PROVIDE AN ANSWER TO THEM
GUESS YOU WERE AMONGS THOSE THAT ATTRIBUTED TUFACE'S SUCCESS TO KENNIS MUSIC. YEAH KENNIS IS A LABEL THAT SIGNED TUFACE AND THEY PLAYED THE ROLE OF A LABEL BY GIVING HIM ALL THE OPPORTUNINTY THEY GOT,

AM NOT BEEFING FAZE OH, BUT LETS H=JUST ONE THING CLEAR 2 FACE IS ON TOP OF HE'S GAME , EVEN THE KNVICT SIGNING CANNOT BRING HIM DOWN.AND AS FOR ZIGBO ANYWAY NA SHE SABI
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2007
@effa
These are answers to ur irrelevant questions
1. Beforetuface joined kennis, the Nigerian music industry wasn't as interesting and creative as it is now so no Nigerian hip hop artiste deserved an award
2. The Kora award doesn't belong to tuface, it belongs to sasha, for those who watched the preliminaries, sasha was the one picked winner but we were all surprised when tuface was presented the award (Big bros influence)
3. Kenny and D1 have entered the hall several times, they've been broadcasting the grammy before tuface (where were u )
4. All p'boys members all agreed to go solo after their second album (sold out) but after tuface took the risk of signing to kennis without telling them, they had no choice than to go solo. THEY NEVER PROMISED TO CONTINUE WOTHOUT HIM.
5. Faze is not a tenant, he is living in his own house and is currently building another one. 2face is living in a detached duplex and is not worth 25 million.

All the awards tuface have been receiving is due to the influence of his label.They are paying him back for the risk he took cos he broke up the group even when the second album was yet to be released.
Guess ur questions are answered, any more
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2007
Iron lan

when did sasha overhead tuface in any competition, Hope you not talking abt the old compettion that was held in ghana. and it featured artist from ghana,nigeria and some other africa countries? if thats the one you talking abt, then you don lose oh

Oh boy pheesayor i dey feel your lies on here be small oh
your so called faze would be happy to get the big bros influence . guess he now has it with Konvict and i can only pray it works out for him.

anyway i have to step out now. waiting on your reply.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2007
@effa, what did kora award tuface for Reply me before i continue cos it seems u forgot something, holla!!!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2007
Guy i no fit remember, But you and i know say them award am
if i remember the award i go let you know ok
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2007
4  THEIR NEW ALBUMS GRASS2GRACE IS DOUBLEPLATINUM AND STILL COUNTING!

Alot to respond to, and alot to clarify, but let me start here

Firstly FAZE ALONE sold over 1.5 Million copies, and INDEPENDENT has already sold more than Double platinum,still counting

Now to the questions

(1)Just like Fiso said,the Nigerian music industry;Kennis inclusive was still fledgling and at it's infancy then, As at that time Keke was satisfied with his quests for just African based Awards, remember there was a time too when winning Nigerian Awards was Keke's dream,so its simply just a case of "There is time for everything",So never u try to make it sound like 2face would have gotten an international award or nomination if he was with Kennis in the Era of Tetuila & Eedris;no,never,impossible,cos the major international award then was the GRAMMY'S, & it(award not nomination) still eludes any Nigerian artiste till date, and dont forget that the MTV Award category won by 2FACE was inexistent then(and the fact that another Naija artiste; Psquare got a nomination last year should also tell you that it's not a 2face thing, it's as a result of how far the industry has grown),so which international nomination im for get that time, Grammy? why e never get am now just wondering,  tongue
Let me quickly chip in that before 2face joined Kennis,Eedris had already carried an Olympic touch, that's international atleast for that age, So get it into your head Keke didnt need your 2face to win that MTV plaque;2 should count himself lucky,Kennis have always won whatever Award(s) they desired at any particular time and they did so with whichever Artiste they had in their label at the extant time; instances abound, ok

(2)It's very simple, KORA was the in thing then, Kennis desperately wanted it in their kitty, so they collected it from Sasha, lol,  Anyway no big deal here, Tetuila already won Channel O video award then

(3)They did when Femi Kuti was nominated for the Grammy's, can still remember their interview of the group B2K in that hall

(4)Blackface wanted to sing revolutionary and dancehall songs while Faze wanted the P.boiz flavour to subsist, the disagreement ensued, no compromise was reached, so solo they went

(5)Faze doesnt need to announce his mansions to you; f*ck off
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Christino(m): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2007
Na real wah o cheesy
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2007
O boy no be small things oh
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ Baro, thanks for the clarification, at least effa didn't have anything to say this time.
@effa, its only a matter of time before u realise that faze is the real thing.

on the beef song wakawiki mc's by eedris, he claimed that tuface was the plantashun and the rest were the boys but from what we have all seen, it's only faze that retained the plantashun flavour, compare his songs with their old hits and see what I mean.

forever faze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Mindless(m): 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2007
Yeah faze forever,
Watched tha video for Kpo kpo di Kpo on MTV today, so tight, FAZE AM PROUD OF YOU, AM PROUD TO BE A FAN grin cool kiss  KEEP REPPING
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tundewoods(m): 5:32am On Sep 18, 2007
Personally I prefer Faze to Tuface,
However i must quickly point out here that both artist are talented and have different styles.

Faze has more of a foreign appeal with lyrics that the average nigerian may want to ignore but is damn good while Tuface has created a niche for himself with the Nigerian audience.His fine boy looks and humility are also helping him push up his sales.

But in all,you guys don't need to get worked up on who's this and that.Even the Black Face is silently making his money in his own way after all heard the dude just got himself a clean NIssan SUV costing over 3 Mills.

So the point is that in the entertainment industry everybody's a winner.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Davesky: 5:44am On Sep 18, 2007
Yeah they are winners.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 7:23pm On Sep 18, 2007
I aint silent pheesayor and Baro
Still got more to download for you guys ok
relax,just pull a cushion and listen to my words ok

I dey come
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2007
I still maintain my stand,all u faze fans shld wait 4 him2 make it like 2face,cos its obvious that 4 now 2face is way way an artist than faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2007
I still maintain my stand,
I smell some doubts in this line, especially with that phrase "still maintain".(hints that you are trying hard against your new perception)    Anyway i aint surprised, and it isn't your conscious fault either, maybe you are getting to know facts you didnt know before you made your "choice". Please dont try to be rigid, free your mind, be a progressive; support talent, support standard, support discipline, support vision, support determination, support taste; support style, support class, support excellence

FAZE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 1:22am On Sep 19, 2007
Alright Baro, thanks for your explanation. The MTV awards doesn't obviously belong to 2face alone, i mean how can it? That'll be a mockery of the category. But do you agree that category was created for the incredible performance of artists like Tuface & Keysha. That by itself is an achievement worth mentioning. The success of African Queen and his first album paved the way for other artists like p-square to even have the opportunity to be nominated. Deny it all you want, you know its the truth. The fact is the stamp tuface has left in the Nigerian music scene in recent yrs CANNOT be compared to any other naija artist for now, maybe later but not now. You know thats the truth!!!

P.S.- Baro y do u lift few words from people's sentences to make your case Its not fair sometimes!!!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by concrete: 4:56am On Sep 19, 2007
^^^^

b/c that ALL baro CAN do to make an atttempt at a case

pulling things out of context is a sign of desperation
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2007
Baro knows that. He cant deny that
Tuface has a big impact in the Nigerian musci of today
Brought fame and also paved way for so many artist.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2007
@effa,mrmeetoo
u said the success of african queen forgetting that it was written by black face. Tuface just an opportunist but i won't touch much of that now and tuface didn't pave way for psquare and the rest. Remember psquare's first album was a success but they were limited cos they were under another label. get squared on their label did well cos they promoted it to their taste so don't start saying what makes little or no sense here cos it's irrelevant. Anybody else?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2007
I hate putting people on blast on the internet because I prefer face-to-face (no pun intended) arguments but did any of the stuff u just wrote down make any sense. Read people's arguments properly before u respond. Here we go again with the song writing by black face, its song writing pls get that theres a lot that goes into making a song than just writing. Artists great and small have songs written for them all the time. Its time to stop arguments like that its ignorant. Whats your point with P-Square's album being successful but limited. What does that even mean? Tuface is an opportunist? Call him what u want he knows how to take advantage of an opportunity through hard work, in my book thats smart. Thats part of Life 101, "Make Hay while the sun shines" and other similar sayings maybe ur boy faze needs to learn a thing or two from that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (72) (Reply)

Music: Download Travis Scott – Sicko Mode Ft. Drake / Shakira's New Video: Hips Don't Lie / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.