Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You (34548 Views)

Man Begs Sidechic To Take Him Back After Discovering He Just Welcomed A 2nd Chil / I Didnt Sleep With The Guy, We Just Romanced And He Just Cum Inside Me Small / Ladies, No Matter How Hot A Nigerian Guy Is, Never Ask Him Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Kimcutie: 12:34am On Sep 01, 2017
Unfortunately, there are some crappy people out there. They’ll waste your time to get what they want. Here’s how to tell if a guy is playing you.

Your time is valuable. More importantly, your love is valuable. People know this and yet, some of them still waste your time and toy with your feelings. They’re not good people but there’s no escaping that reality. Instead, you’ll just have to learn how to tell if a guy is playing you so you can avoid wasting all your time.

You hear stories about guys manipulating girls into being with them when they don’t even treat them fairly. They basically just want one thing. If you know how to tell if a guy is playing you or not, you can avoid being just another notch on their belt.

Why guys play girls from time to time

I wish I could say they don’t mean to but most of the time, guys know just what they’re doing. They know exactly what to say and what to do in order to get a girl in bed but they have no plans to make her their girlfriend.

Instead, they just do whatever they can to get exactly what they want and nothing more. The girl then falls for them and, since she cares so much about him, she does everything he wants. Guys play girls because they’re selfish.
How to tell if a guy is playing you so you can stop wasting your time

When you notice the signs of a guy playing you, you can jump ship before stuff gets too serious. And truthfully, those signs are probably a lot easier to see than you realize. Here’s what to look for so you can tell when a guy is totally playing you.

#1 He compliments you all the time.

It may seem like compliments come from a place of love but they often come from a place of wanting to make you feel good about yourself. And when you’re feeling really confident, it’s hard to see the real issues at play.

Basically, if a guy is showering you with compliments, he might be playing you. It’s okay for him to make you feel good, but when the compliments are a tad bit excessive, he could be trying to distract you from something.

#2 He only calls or texts late.

AKA, you’re a booty call. This is a really big sign a guy is playing you because if he’s only texting you late at night, how much could he really care about you? He’d be talking to you throughout the day often if he really liked you because he’d want to know how your day went.

#3 You don’t go out in public for dates.

This is an especially big sign if the reason for it is that date nights at home are “more romantic.” He’s totally trying to play you by saying this. In reality, he doesn’t want to take you out in public because he doesn’t want to risk you two running into any other girls he’s seeing. He’s just covering his own ass.

#4 You never meet his friends.

If you’re romantically involved with someone and the feelings are real, you meet each other’s friends. You get involved in one another’s lives. And if the guy you’re seeing isn’t doing that, he’s playing you.

Never meeting his friends just shows you that his friends might not even know about you. If he’s not telling his friends about you, does he truly have feelings for you? Probably not. Which means he’s just using you for something else entirely.

#5 He doesn’t talk much about himself.

How much do you know about the guy? If you don’t know anything more than the food he likes and his favorite color, he could be playing you. By not giving you too many personal details, he’s not forming a bond with you and the only reason to do that is if he plans to cut you loose soon.

#6 He’s vague about his whereabouts.

Couples usually communicate where they’ve been or what they’ve done throughout the day. If you wonder what your man has been doing and he’s super vague about it, he could be playing you. He’s probably been somewhere you wouldn’t like and doesn’t want to tell you about it.

#7 He shields his phone from you.

He has other people he’s seeing if he’s always hiding the phone from you. None of the conversations with his friends should ever be so private that he needs to stop you from seeing them all together. He hides his phone because he has something to hide and that’s the fact that he’s playing you.

#8 You only spend time together when it’s convenient for him.

Basically, you only get together when he’s free and he expects you to change your plans to accommodate that. He does this because he doesn’t have much time between all the people he’s seeing. This is also true because he doesn’t want to plan things too far in advance because he doesn’t know when he’s going to drop you.

#9 He doesn’t add you on social media.

This is one of the biggest signs that a guy is playing you. If you’ve been dating someone for a decent amount of time, you should be friends on social media. You two are involved, it only makes sense.

If he’s actively not adding you at all, it’s because he posts pictures that he doesn’t want you to see. That and he might not want other girls he is friends with to see.

#10 He makes vague excuses for his absences.

Does he go missing for hours at a time and doesn’t text or anything? If so, he’s probably playing you and one way to know for sure is how he responds to your question about his absence. If he just waves his hand and says he was “busy,” he’s probably playing you.

#11 When you get mad, his response is only compliments.

If you want to know how to tell if a guy is playing you, just see how he takes arguments. When you’re upset with him, does he try to understand where you’re coming from and fix it? Or does he just shower you with compliments? If it’s the latter, he’s playing you and trying to make you forget why you’re even mad.

#12 He calls you “crazy” for making assumptions.

On the flip side, if he starts calling you crazy for being upset or making assumptions that he’s playing you, then he definitely is. Basically, this is a tactic he uses to manipulate you. If you think you’re being unreasonable, you’ll drop the issue.

Source:- http://www.thearticle.com.ng/relationship/likes-12-signs-doesnt/

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Queerworld(m): 12:40am On Sep 01, 2017
I do most of this.............. But m not using her

I compliment her all the time coz her happiness z all I want

I call or text late coz I dnt have the time to call often. I only do after light out since a kibosh z laid on phone

I dnt go out in date in public.... Where is the time for such am busy serving or doing job somewhere. Tradoc is the motto

You never meet his friend...... Dz not a good reason of u been used

He doesn't talk about himself..... Probably am the quiet one and she's the outspoken and apart the best conversationist are those who urge others to talk abt themself. I realise pple loves to use the I or ME word than YOU

I shield my phone from You coz I dnt wanna break your hrt...... Knowing fully well of some messages etc. The best I can do z to keep u off my mobile so u won't turn emotional. And apart the best way to HV joy and peace in ur relationship. Is to avoid ur partners messages etc

I spend time when z convenient. Sure so the little time I spend can be worth it. Its not abt how often we meet, its about how memorable the meeting is

He doesn't add u on social media.... Probably am helping u by not doing that nd shielding u from external aggression. U shud thank me for that though

When she gets mad I compliment...... N how ridiculous z dz point u mean I shud start arguing or making reasons. No the best thing z to compliment how beautiful she looks with the grin

He calls u crazy for making assumptions. Like am about calking OP crazy for making dz thread and the mod Crazy if this hit front page.

Peace

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 01, 2017
pure bullshit
what hurts me most is some girls will actually believe this poo
thereby feeling insecure about their relationship while the guy meant no harm

ladies, believe at your own peril,
don't go about feeling insecure of your union cos of this damned write up.

#peace
FTC

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Kimcutie: 12:58am On Sep 01, 2017
CoolSmithz:
pure bullshit
Lol one of them sir! Though this thread isn't for you, can't understand the reason why you commented thrash sir?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Kimcutie: 1:02am On Sep 01, 2017
Queerworld:

I call or text late coz I dnt have the time to call often. I only do after light out since a kibosh z laid on phone

I dnt go out in date in public.... Where is the time for such am busy serving or doing job somewhere. Tradoc is the motto

He doesn't talk about himself..... Probably am the quiet one and she's the outspoken and apart the best conversationist are those who urge others to talk be a use pple loves to use the I or ME word than YOU

I shield my phone from You coz I dnt wanna break your hrt...... Knowing fully well of some messages etc. The best I can do z to keep u off my mobile so u won't turn emotional. And apart the best way to HV joy and peace in ur relationship. Is to avoid ur partners messages etc

I spend time when z convenient. Sure so the little time I spend can be worth it. Its not abt his often we meet, its about how memorable the meeting is

He doesn't add u on social media.... Probably am help I g u by not doing that nd shielding u from external aggression. U shud thank me for that though

When she gets mad I compliment...... Nhow ridiculous z dz point u mean I shud start arguing or making reasons. No the best thing z to compliment her beautiful she looks with the grin

He calls u crazy for making assumptions. Like am about calking OP crazy for making dz thread and the mod Crazy if this hit front page.

Peace

Sir what you just said here is your own lifestyle, which other people may use to manipulate others, what I listed there 60% of guys are guilty of it!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Queerworld(m): 1:06am On Sep 01, 2017
Kimcutie:

Sir what you just said here is your own lifestyle, which other people may use to manipulate others, what I listed there 60% of guys are guilty of it!

U did great brother 60 percent like u said. And fine wrirte up if u put that together. U r a terrific writer

Be good

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Kimcutie: 1:08am On Sep 01, 2017
Queerworld:

U did great brother 60 percent like u said. And fine wrirte up if u put that together. U r a terrific writer

Be good
Thanks I appreciate it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by madone: 1:17am On Sep 01, 2017
All this na lie. People should understand that all relationship is not same.what is applicable in A maybe different from B.

13 Likes

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Nobody: 2:06am On Sep 01, 2017
There are some people you wouldn't mind using you.

just being with them makes you happy whether they are using you or not you really wouldn't care.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by BlackDBagba: 4:48am On Sep 01, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by mofeoluwadassah: 6:21am On Sep 01, 2017
Evaberry:
There are some people you wouldn't mind using you.

just being with them makes you happy whether they are using you or not
true talk

1 Like

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by PatriotTemidayo: 6:35am On Sep 01, 2017
OP, do you really understand what relationship is all about?

You tried from your perspective and exposures but this is Thrash!

There are no global signs of USE&DUMP, players got many indistinguishable ways.

4 Likes

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 01, 2017
When someone is playing me I know, I just play along till I decide to dump his sorry ass.

4 Likes

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by muller101(m): 8:20am On Sep 01, 2017
Op stop exposing our strategy here. Mind ur business grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Kimcutie: 10:24am On Sep 01, 2017
muller101:
Op stop exposing our strategy here. Mind ur business grin
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by youngfocus(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2017
Kimcutie:
Unfortunately, there are some crappy people out there. They’ll waste your time to get what they want. Here’s how to tell if a guy is playing you.

Your time is valuable. More importantly, your love is valuable. People know this and yet, some of them still waste your time and toy with your feelings. They’re not good people but there’s no escaping that reality. Instead, you’ll just have to learn how to tell if a guy is playing you so you can avoid wasting all your time.

You hear stories about guys manipulating girls into being with them when they don’t even treat them fairly. They basically just want one thing. If you know how to tell if a guy is playing you or not, you can avoid being just another notch on their belt.

Why guys play girls from time to time

I wish I could say they don’t mean to but most of the time, guys know just what they’re doing. They know exactly what to say and what to do in order to get a girl in bed but they have no plans to make her their girlfriend.

Instead, they just do whatever they can to get exactly what they want and nothing more. The girl then falls for them and, since she cares so much about him, she does everything he wants. Guys play girls because they’re selfish.
How to tell if a guy is playing you so you can stop wasting your time

When you notice the signs of a guy playing you, you can jump ship before stuff gets too serious. And truthfully, those signs are probably a lot easier to see than you realize. Here’s what to look for so you can tell when a guy is totally playing you.

It may seem like compliments come from a place of love but they often come from a place of wanting to make you feel good about yourself. And when you’re feeling really confident, it’s hard to see the real issues at play.

Basically, if a guy is showering you with compliments, he might be playing you. It’s okay for him to make you feel good, but when the compliments are a tad bit excessive, he could be trying to distract you from something.

#2 He only calls or texts late.

AKA, you’re a booty call. This is a really big sign a guy is playing you because if he’s only texting you late at night, how much could he really care about you? He’d be talking to you throughout the day often if he really liked you because he’d want to know how your day went.

#3 You don’t go out in public for dates.

This is an especially big sign if the reason for it is that date nights at home are “more romantic.” He’s totally trying to play you by saying this. In reality, he doesn’t want to take you out in public because he doesn’t want to risk you two running into any other girls he’s seeing. He’s just covering his own ass.

#4 You never meet his friends.

If you’re romantically involved with someone and the feelings are real, you meet each other’s friends. You get involved in one another’s lives. And if the guy you’re seeing isn’t doing that, he’s playing you.

Never meeting his friends just shows you that his friends might not even know about you. If he’s not telling his friends about you, does he truly have feelings for you? Probably not. Which means he’s just using you for something else entirely.

#5 He doesn’t talk much about himself.

How much do you know about the guy? If you don’t know anything more than the food he likes and his favorite color, he could be playing you. By not giving you too many personal details, he’s not forming a bond with you and the only reason to do that is if he plans to cut you loose soon.

#6 He’s vague about his whereabouts.

Couples usually communicate where they’ve been or what they’ve done throughout the day. If you wonder what your man has been doing and he’s super vague about it, he could be playing you. He’s probably been somewhere you wouldn’t like and doesn’t want to tell you about it.

He has other people he’s seeing if he’s always hiding the phone from you. None of the conversations with his friends should ever be so private that he needs to stop you from seeing them all together. He hides his phone because he has something to hide and that’s the fact that he’s playing you.

#8 You only spend time together when it’s convenient for him.

Basically, you only get together when he’s free and he expects you to change your plans to accommodate that. He does this because he doesn’t have much time between all the people he’s seeing. This is also true because he doesn’t want to plan things too far in advance because he doesn’t know when he’s going to drop you.

This is one of the biggest signs that a guy is playing you. If you’ve been dating someone for a decent amount of time, you should be friends on social media. You two are involved, it only makes sense.

If he’s actively not adding you at all, it’s because he posts pictures that he doesn’t want you to see. That and he might not want other girls he is friends with to see.

#10 He makes vague excuses for his absences.

Does he go missing for hours at a time and doesn’t text or anything? If so, he’s probably playing you and one way to know for sure is how he responds to your question about his absence. If he just waves his hand and says he was “busy,” he’s probably playing you.

#11 When you get mad, his response is only compliments.

If you want to know how to tell if a guy is playing you, just see how he takes arguments. When you’re upset with him, does he try to understand where you’re coming from and fix it? Or does he just shower you with compliments? If it’s the latter, he’s playing you and trying to make you forget why you’re even mad.

#12 He calls you “crazy” for making assumptions.

On the flip side, if he starts calling you crazy for being upset or making assumptions that he’s playing you, then he definitely is. Basically, this is a tactic he uses to manipulate you. If you think you’re b

eing unreasonable, you’ll drop the issue.

Source:- http://www.thearticle.com.ng/relationship/likes-12-signs-doesnt/
Lalasticlala
it only number 11 is correct abt gaming d rest some ppl possess DAT behavior personal.
Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by IamAirforce1: 11:42am On Sep 01, 2017
Not true

1 Like

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2017
This is for amateurs na.
If I am playing you. You wouldn't even know it.

1 Like

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by IamAirforce1: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2017
Rorachy:
When someone is playing me I know, I just play along till I decide to dump his sorry ass.

Na so una dey talk

11 Likes

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by Sirambassador(m): 11:44am On Sep 01, 2017
Am coming back to modify

Now am done reading grin

This is actually nonsense, many guys I know that are sincere, compliments most of the time, and they ain't users, users have grown passed this level

He only calls or texts late.

Guys choose the time to call, if you don't like the time he calls you simply because you read in a certain blog that a guy that calls late is a user, then buy call card and be the one calling grin .

Wtf!!!

So because he is dating you, you want him to tag you along in everything about him??
This is a relationship not marriage, a guy can put you in his social media profiles and still dump you, it doesn't makes sense.

#5 He doesn’t talk much about himself

You don’t go out in public for dates.

4 You never meet his friends

Ladies are cheaters and will always be, main reason I don't value them anyways wink

If a guy don't like you getting your self much involved in his life affairs(personal life) bleep it, he is The man in the relationship, if you get fed up, quit.

Lesson ==> You are the owner of your body, and when a guy blows you format's ,I love you this I love you that, don't move, stand your ground till the right man comes, but if you think you can outsmart guys nowadays my dear its not possible.

As you are reading this post, your guy might also be reading and you think you can Catch him with this... YOU ARE IN FOR A LONG THING

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by mathias32(m): 11:44am On Sep 01, 2017
indeed
Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by beautiful232(f): 11:44am On Sep 01, 2017
not too correct bro,cause some still call,add up on social media,text,introduce to all his friends..

But will play the hell out of your life....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by dheilaw1(m): 11:44am On Sep 01, 2017
you got some right while you got some wrong
Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by sammieguze(m): 11:44am On Sep 01, 2017
hmmmm

hmmmm
Queerworld:

He doesn't talk about himself..... Probably am the quiet one and she's the outspoken and apart the best conversationist are those who urge others to talk abt themself. I realise pple loves to use the I or ME word than YOU

I spend time when z convenient. Sure so the little time I spend can be worth it. Its not abt how often we meet, its about how memorable the meeting is

He doesn't add u on social media.... Probably am helping u by not doing that nd shielding u from external aggression. U shud thank me for that though

When she gets mad I compliment...... N how ridiculous z dz point u mean I shud start arguing or making reasons. No the best thing z to compliment how beautiful she looks with the grin

Peace

thank you jare
I am only guilty of the last
and that's coz girls are always assuming crazy shits and reading meaning to meaningless stuffs
but me doing any of these does not necessarily means am playing any games
there is always a reason for every action taken

simply ask questions about things/characters/attitudes you don't understand about your girl instead of jumping to conclusions and causing unnecessary tension

1 Like

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by ItsawrapOutfit: 11:45am On Sep 01, 2017
NOted, next?
Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by MhizzAJ(f): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2017
The most important point is that they don't talk about themselves
Some of them re just useless
Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by baike: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2017
God bless Buhari Bless Nnamdi kanu Bless Nigeria Bless Biafra Bless Baike
Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2017
Queerworld:

Peace

I guess you're just hoping your "babes" won't see this thread. You're busted!
Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by xenakanbi337: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2017
You can't tell
Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by NigerianScholar: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2017
Kimcutie:

/

Why are you exposing all of us like this...

I do number 7 all the time. Not because I am using her. But because I am a very secretive person And I want to keep some private things private. Like account balance and other things like that.

My point is. There is no particular way to know if a guy is using you. You just have to be smart and sharp. All guys have different methods

2 Likes

Re: How To Tell If A Guy Is Playing You: 12 Clues He’s Just Using You by SmartyPants(m): 11:49am On Sep 01, 2017
you need 12 clues to tell?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please I Need Advice...... She Is A Single Mum / I Find It Hard To Leave My Cheating Girlfriend, Help / Most Beautiful Ladies In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.