Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? (1468 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / He Just Discovered His Elder Brother Has Once Dated His Fiancee / I Once Dated A Jerk! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by kanmosyl(m): 5:43pm On Feb 13, 2007
Hi Room,

Can u marry someone ur friend once dated and u know about their relationship.

Waiting for comments.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by luxoire(f): 1:11pm On May 22, 2007
If u love the person enough to consider a life-long commitment, then y not?!!

dont tell me the only reason u'll reconsider the marriage is because ur friend dated the person?!, wahala
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by naughtytroll(f): 1:16pm On May 22, 2007
whats d point - why not?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by anon101(f): 1:52pm On May 22, 2007
if am feeling him , why not, after all i didn't suck the same breast with the friend so what the heck ,
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by puker(m): 11:14am On May 23, 2007
Hell no! cause his presence will always hunt me. The thought of having had affairs with my wife will be too strong to forget.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by 1forall: 2:47pm On May 23, 2007
No
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by iice(f): 3:43pm On May 23, 2007
kai walahi, i no know oooo. If am totally cool with my friend, and she, with our relationship then i guess its a go.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by kiki(f): 3:47pm On May 23, 2007
well i dont know i don't think i can do such a think dat is y i don't be dat close 2 my friendz boyfriendz or x's
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by marlet01(m): 3:56pm On May 23, 2007
I don't think i can, even if i try my mind would not be at ease if am with her and then suddenly my friend walks in.

Don't tell me u won't feel unrelaxed about that.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by Said1(m): 3:58pm On May 23, 2007
Well I can't. It's  never a good idea. I will feel am caring a second fido in the presence of my friend. But the girls no problem is still the same thing.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by Amiga(f): 4:21pm On May 23, 2007
No I cant!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by NaijaProf(m): 9:36pm On May 23, 2007
I speak from experience. I have a girl I love and would want to marry. She loves me also. Thing is, my friend went out with her first during our youth service years. This friend then was also talking about things he did with the girl with the boys. I shagged her like this and like that kind of stuff. Now after service year,I ran into her at Abuja and we became good friends and lovers. She has a very good job and is drop-dead gorgeous.  She is hoping that we will get married but thing is, I can't. She is everything I want but each time I close  my eyes, I remember everything my friend said he did with her. Note, they were actually living together then. Funny enough, we don't discuss service year for obvious reasons. I'm uncomfortable with that. I'm still very much close to my friend, her former boyfriend. Most ladies might  think it is not a problem. Let me tell you it's a huge problem for 90% of the guys. Initially, we all pretend as if we can handle it but the truth is we can't. Understand, I didnt know things will get to the level they are now. She is a nice girl but I can't marry her maybe with her former boy friend being our best man.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:39pm On May 23, 2007
Then leave her alone if you wanna continue to be childish and dont lead her on.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by NaijaProf(m): 9:50pm On May 23, 2007
Ofcourse I will leave her. I know I am not childish just that I cant handle it beyond boyfriend/ girlfriend stuff. I didnt plan to go out with her. It just happened remember.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:54pm On May 23, 2007
well you allowed it to go on long enough for her to think that marriage was in the story.

what's the reason for your friend and her not being together anymore anyway
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by NaijaProf(m): 10:00pm On May 23, 2007
Well, my friend plays around. it was just service year fun for him while it lasted
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by tony73: 5:21pm On Feb 12, 2010
shocked,no[b][/b]
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by tony73: 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
but pp do.i have wickness
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by smooooooth: 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2010
and wats wrong in that? wat if u got married to someone and somehow u end being friends with one of her exes.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by kokoye(m): 5:33pm On Feb 12, 2010
There goes the difference between the sexes. Most ladies dont care while most guys do.

While we never really talked, me and the guy used to say hi every once in a while. but he always used to tell her that he thinks I'm the ONE person that can snatch her from him.

Well, I confirmed his fears and I'm loving every minute of it. grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 5:37pm On Feb 12, 2010
Itz very ok to marry ur friends ex, it takes maturity to do it though, Personally, I think the whole "best friends code" is stupid--Itz d code where bestfriends don't date/marry their each other's exs,
One man's junk is another man's treasure.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by tbaba83(m): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2010
yep even sister seff
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? by stalliontp(m): 11:55pm On Feb 12, 2010
NaijaProf:

I speak from experience. I have a girl I love and would want to marry. She loves me also. Thing is, my friend went out with her first during our youth service years. This friend then was also talking about things he did with the girl with the boys. I shagged her like this and like that kind of stuff. Now after service year,I ran into her at Abuja and we became good friends and lovers. She has a very good job and is drop-dead gorgeous.  She is hoping that we will get married but thing is, I can't. She is everything I want but each time I close  my eyes, I remember everything my friend said he did with her. Note, they were actually living together then. Funny enough, we don't discuss service year for obvious reasons. I'm uncomfortable with that. I'm still very much close to my friend, her former boyfriend. Most ladies might  think it is not a problem. Let me tell you it's a huge problem for 90% of the guys. Initially, we all pretend as if we can handle it but the truth is we can't. Understand, I didnt know things will get to the level they are now. She is a nice girl but I can't marry her maybe with her former boy friend being our best man.
Then break up with her now instead of leading her on, how would you feel if someone is currently doing same to your sister?

(1) (Reply)

Stephen Come In Here / Relocation: Who Should Relocate Women Or Men? / I Love My Girl Friend But She Is Too Spoil By His Father,pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.