Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu (33607 Views)

Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast / Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do / Atiku vs Buhari: What happened in court on Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by tsdarkside(m): 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
are this people stvpid..??...for what..??.....

did other freedom fighters threatend nigeria.......no.....cownunu did...if we talk to cownunu,we should talk to shekau too,likewise....

how about asari,tompolo??....

you dont talk with criminals,you lock them up and throw away the keys...!!!.... angry

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by tsdarkside(m): 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
this igbo patrioticm must stop,you can not await from us to go easy on criminals because they are igbo.....

am not talking about good igbos...am talking about igbos that commit crimes and then run and hide behind good igbos...

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by greatnow: 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
paiz:
The major problem with the easterners is division among themselves.
If all Igbos can come together without hating each other they will make progress

Don't worry yourself. They are already together and they are making progress.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Terkimbi01: 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
Almaiga:

Which middle belt, dont they want Biafra again? I thought they were suppose to move down to the East? It seems this agitation has another motive which differ from Biafra. Or is the Middle Belt part of Biafra? Why not tell your People to leave the North and move back to the East.

And your point is?
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Dee60: 5:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
zionmade1:
Dialogue will not help matters
For every igbo that grew up in igboland,.this might be their experience too
as little kids we were meant to see massob members and people shouting biafra as miscreants, we were taught to believe in one nigeria
we held this belief until we came of age.
discrimination stared boldly at us
I was signing the NYSC book of life wen i noticed that most corpers there were born in that region and schooled in that state, something that is hardly seen in the south
I came to discover that the tune for 9 o clock news sounded like an hausa or fulani song
I came to discover that south has the least number of senators and House of reps members there
I came to discover that most of our soldiers are hausas
i came to discover that most of our leaders and politicians were of northern extraction
As an Igbo i found that i will never be the president of nigeria
During NYSC i found out that Hausa corpers were treated with respect while we were treated as rags
I might not support ipob and kanu because of their strategies
Outwardly am called a nigerian, but inside i know i am not just part of this country.
Almost all the major roads in the north are in good condition but i spend up to one hour from oyigbo to eleme
Change my mindset (which is ultimately very difficult) and i will drop biafra

The man who who said there is a Biafra in all of us is probably correct.

We all are on the receiving end.

PMB made a mistake by raising the volume of an unwanted song. It was a mistake to have adopted the winner must take all attitude.

OPC, IPOB, Arewa are not the answers. They are however good instruments to use to push for proper -restructuring based on equity, fairness and justice.

If there is Arewa, Biafra or Odua Republics today, the same promoters of wicked politics will take advantage and spread the evil of marginalization. Have you started to see the 'emperor tendency' in Kanu?

No one should be fooled. We just want equity and fairness. Let us all have equal opportunities.

Nigeria does not need to break but Nigeria should not continue to live a lie!
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Stingman: 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
Dee60:

The man who who said there is a Biafra in all of us is probably correct.

We all are on the receiving end.

PMB made a mistake by raising the volume of an unwanted song. It was a mistake to have adopted the winner must take all attitude.

OPC, IPOB, Arewa are not the answers. They are however good instruments to use to push for proper -restructuring based on equity, fairness and justice.

If there is Arewa, Biafra or Odua Republics today, the same promoters of wicked politics will take advantage and spread the evil of marginalization. Have you started to see the 'emperor tendency' in Kanu?

No one should be fooled. We just want equity and fairness. Let us all have equal opportunities.

Nigeria does not need to break but Nigeria should not continue to live a lie!

Nigeria will never progress so long as we are living together...The misstrust and division is so deep that no amount of political fussion can cement the unity. It is only oil that is binding the union together...Once oil is gone, the north would be the first to want to leave...the north refer to the southerners as kafirs...Is that the best word to use for your country man...?
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by bibe(m): 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2017
PHILipu1:

what funding?
Do you know that it was mostly agricultural produce from the north then when we even had groudnut pyramid in kanu that was used to explore the oil we Niger delta and shouting about?

Do you know that all our refineries were also built from agricultural funds mostly from the north then?

Do you know that the first Niger bride was also built from such funds?

Do you know that most of the dams were built with such funds?

There was time when Nigeria depended on agricultural produce,coal and cotton mostly from the north before we discover oil.
There was a time when one of our major source of income was from textiles factory scathered all over the north.
Oil was discovered and all zones now abandon every other things.

Most of our southern leaders will not tell you guys all this things.

We southerners should not be selfish,there was a time when the north carried this nation on it's shoulder too before oil was discovered.

Can i ask you for a favour? Please ignore whatever you may have read on social media or remarks from some individuals, kindly do a research on the reason for the amalgamation of Northern and Southern Nigeria.

There was never a time past or present"the North" ever carried anything, rather proceeds from the South (Western and Eastern regions) was used to subsidize the North which wasn't economically self sufficient/viable.

The two reason for amalgamation was
-to allow for direct subsidy of the Northern region from the southern region
-to help reduce administrative costs (the two regions were administered separately)

PS: Don't just take my word for it, research colonial Nigeria (look out for commerce) or I can furnish you with official documented reports to the British crown from late 1800 to early 1900.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
most of these things you claim to discover,, do you have any credible sources of research and data you would like to share as evidence to support your claims or did you dream it all?

I am Igbo and a proud DANite
zionmade1dan:
During NYSC i found out that Hausa corpers were treated with respect while we were treated as rags

DANites are duty bound to
a) Make posts to challenge tribal bigotry,

b) Make posts to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,

c) Like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .

d) Add to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps.

e) Follow all listed Danites by clicking "follow" link on their profile page. You get to profile page go to url: Nairaland.com/moniker e.g. Nairaland.com/genbuhari or simply click on GenBuhari moniker
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongrea, winterfell007, afobear, nukualofa, quotasystem, nabiz, deleyi20, mujtahida, stagger, menxer, Horllamideh, jnrremedy, litmus
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Please copy this block of text and save it on your PC and then paste it to bottom of your posts.
Join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com as soon as possible .
If you want to become a Danite, indicate your interest and you would be added to list by an active established member.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by okenwaa(m): 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
zionmade1:
as little kids we were meant to see massob members and people shouting biafra as miscreants, we were taught to believe in one nigeria
I was signing the NYSC book of life wen i noticed that most corpers there were born in that region and schooled in that state, something that is hardly seen in the south
I came to discover that the tune for 9 o clock news sounded like an hausa or fulani song
I came to discover that south has the least number of senators and House of reps members there
i came to discover that most of our leaders and politicians were of northern extraction
Outwardly am called a nigerian, but inside i know i am not just part of this country.
Almost all the major roads in the north are in good condition but i spend up to one hour from oyigbo to eleme

True d@ bro....

NYSC opened my eyes to the rubbish calle one Nigeria..
Did my orientation in Jigawa and I can attest to d@ of "book of life"

*Most of them never slept in the hostels
*Came into camp with their cars
*Went to the store to change their khaki with them shouting @ the P.O oooo......and we with all our abeg who wan change ur own kwanu
*They get more foodd than anybody in camp
*Nobody disturbs them about parade
*They are always seen in their mosque with no soldier disturbing them

The list is very long...........this country is a big joke.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by bibe(m): 8:48am On Sep 02, 2017
PHILipu1:

what funding?
Do you know that it was mostly agricultural produce from the north then when we even had groudnut pyramid in kanu that was used to explore the oil we Niger delta and shouting about?

Do you know that all our refineries were also built from agricultural funds mostly from the north then?

Do you know that the first Niger bride was also built from such funds?

Do you know that most of the dams were built with such funds?

There was time when Nigeria depended on agricultural produce,coal and cotton mostly from the north before we discover oil.
There was a time when one of our major source of income was from textiles factory scathered all over the north.
Oil was discovered and all zones now abandon every other things.

Most of our southern leaders will not tell you guys all this things.

We southerners should not be selfish,there was a time when the north carried this nation on it's shoulder too before oil was discovered.

Related to my initial question, here's an extract;

Regardless of the merit which Sir F.D Lugard saw in his financial amalgamation of the South and the North, the prevalence of bitter criticism in the South shows the unpopularity of the amalgamation. At that time, the export from the South stood at five million, one hundred and twenty-two thousand Pounds (£5,232,000) while the export from the North stood at two hundred thousand Pounds (£200,000) in 1910. This was very discouraging to the colonial system and called for urgent remedy. On Tuesday, January 31, 1911, there were attacks on the colonial secretary’s suggestion that the South should advance a loan of two hundred Thousand Pounds (£200,000) to the North for the completion of the Baro to Kano railway, in addition to the sum of one million, two hundred and thirty thousand which was required from the South.

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/opinion/open-letter-to-ango-abdullahi/

PS: My offer still stands, I can furnish you with official UK homeland colonial reports from late 1800 to early 1900 leading up to amalgamation.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by KwoiZabo(m): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2017
zionmade1:
The logo ofthe Nigerian Army and our currency has Arabic
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by njelrapheal: 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2017
Zico5:
Equitable existence in Nigeria project. Will Igbo ever be satisfied. When Gej was in government and Igbo were rewarded with juicy posts, did any of them talked about equal benefit in Nigeria project. Igbo will never be pleased even if they were given all the positions in the government. Let's them go and form their Biafra in that five states enclave. Their major problem is greed, this is obvious
Oga, check well you will see that this one is total exclusion. During GEJ's tenure, the north still held some positions.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu by unohbethel(m): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2017
njelrapheal:
Oga, check well you will see that this one is total exclusion. During GEJ's tenure, the north still held some positions.
gbam..thats wat am tryin to tel dem...

that the igbos hold positions in gej didnt mean that they exclude other tribes like the north...atleast then, all the tribes hold some positions..

but now the igbos arent holding any...just look at the recent appointments in the nnpc..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soldiers In Agatu, Benue State / FG Deploys 5 Warships, 100 Gunboats, Fighter Jets To Delta Creeks / IMF Confirms Return Of Petrol Subsidy Under Tinubu - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.