Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia (24594 Views)

The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria / List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup / List Of 8 Countries That Have Qualified For World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Jacktheripper: 11:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
Are u guys speaking Chinese coz I can't understand anything ckick like if you are with me

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Thiago888: 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2017
My brother i wish u all d best..make us pround...
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Martinez19(m): 11:54pm On Sep 02, 2017
ishowdotgmail:
Lemme remind u all, he's Yoruba. They can think sharply enh! grin
the masters of the human skull are sharp indeed grin
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by uscofield: 12:12am On Sep 03, 2017
nymphomaniac:
Carlsen Is a demon but I wish our guy goodluck. If he plays white, he should use the stonewall attack. Definite win! As black, he should use the sicilia defence jare.

He can also use the queen-pawn move for the white

I rep FUTO chess club

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by BalogunIdowu(m): 12:15am On Sep 03, 2017
Secure our king well...
Win or learn not lose
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 03, 2017
nymphomaniac:
This femi guy dun beat Anand? Well, I am team Nigeria all the way sha. God help him. Chess folks in Abeokuta, quote me. If u wanna learn in ABK quote m too.

Boss Boss I'm I'm in Abeokuta and I want want to to play play chess
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by sunnedee2: 12:22am On Sep 03, 2017
Martinez19:
the masters of the human skull are sharp indeed grin
Both of you clowns should be flogged for derailing this beautiful thread...

2 Likes

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by ybalogs(m): 12:24am On Sep 03, 2017
Tolexander:
Nigeria has been winning every game since the beginning of this week (D'Tigress and Super Eagles), may the success continue tomorrow in Georgia chess match!

But we should have got an animal name for this chess player (probably A'Lion) like the female BB and football teams. Seems that is the secret behind our successes.
Baba, Femi sef know he won't get a draw in the bout. It's just two round and it's quite historic but the winner is known even before the pairing. It's a win-win for Femi and Nigeria all the same.

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by eagledan: 12:29am On Sep 03, 2017
Is there any station on cable where one can watch it or site to download it
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Martinez19(m): 12:41am On Sep 03, 2017
sunnedee2:

Both of you clowns should be flogged for derailing this beautiful thread...
forgive my childishness.
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by petishegzy(m): 12:50am On Sep 03, 2017
nymphomaniac:
This femi guy dun beat Anand? Well, I am team Nigeria all the way sha. God help him. Chess folks in Abeokuta, quote me. If u wanna learn in ABK quote m too.
I'm interested bro
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by akigbemaru: 12:50am On Sep 03, 2017
manitoba:
By 12 Noon tomorrow, September 3rd , 2017 1in Tbilisi, Georgia, Nigeria Chess International Master(IM) Elect Oluwafemi Balogun will be doing the battle of wits with the Reigning World Chess Champion Grand Master(GM) Magnus Carlsen at the World Chess Cup. He will be the first African to play a reigning world Chess Champion. This is history in the making. We wish him the best.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_World_Cup_2017

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oluwafemi_Balogun

Lalasticlala, Seun, let's support our own.
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Vainglory: 12:54am On Sep 03, 2017
cochtrane:

African champion? Abeg easy o. He's a CM. There are GMs in Egypt o.
African champion indeed. Egypt alone has about 12 Grandmasters and Nigeria has none.

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 03, 2017
He's already lost but he should have fun. The chance of an upset happening is like 0.0001%. Carlsen doesn't take his games lightly at all. If it were a sim then maybe he could manage to squeeze a draw but as it stands he should just think about enjoying himself and learning from the game.

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by sunnedee2: 1:58am On Sep 03, 2017
Martinez19:
forgive my childishness.
Your sins are forgiven bro... Have a happy Sunday
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 03, 2017
nymphomaniac:
Carlsen Is a demon but I wish our guy goodluck. If he plays white, he should use the stonewall attack. Definite win! As black, he should use the sicilia defence jare.
The stonewall attack is only good for intermediate players. I can't remember the last time I saw a grandmaster use it. If black defends successfully in the beginning white is finished. Because it leaves white with a lot of 'trapped' pieces and a very vulnerable kingside. And grandmasters will defend successfully. There are thousands of games in the database of important chess games for them to know how to block it and conclude that its not the best opening.

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Nobody: 2:03am On Sep 03, 2017
cochtrane:
He can't win. He simply can't win. Not against Carlsen. Carlsen is not world champion undefeated for no reason. An IM elect does not win a champion who has eclipsed Kasparov's rating.
He's eclipsed Kasparov because of rating inflation- I think Kasparov at his prime with access to the same material and database of games to study from would floor Carlsen. You can even see this from how Kasparov (as old as he is) came out of retirement and is still able to compete well against todays top players. But yeah, I agree that this guy stands no chance.

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Nobody: 2:09am On Sep 03, 2017
Just to buttress my original post. . . One of Magnus Carlsen's best friends wrote a post on Quora about how Carlsen went to party once (something he doesn't usually do) and as a result, he came home drunk. This friend seized the opportunity to try to win against Magnus for bragging rights and he was recording the game. Mind you, this friend is an IM (international master). Magnus still beat him. While drunk.

Now this guy here isn't even an IM yet, he's still a CM and you expect him to have a chance against the reigning world champion since 2013? No way, José.

4 Likes

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Emeka71(m): 2:24am On Sep 03, 2017
Tolexander:
Nigeria has been winning every game since the beginning of this week (D'Tigress and Super Eagles), may the success continue tomorrow in Georgia chess match!

But we should have got an animal name for this chess player (probably A'Lion) like the female BB and football teams. Seems that is the secret behind our successes.
Exactly my thought ; maybe he should be called the tortoise.
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Kaxmytex(m): 2:34am On Sep 03, 2017
Playing against a chess oscar winner (2009-2013)

This is wickedness...

Hw dem dey do the pairing?
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by 989900: 3:27am On Sep 03, 2017
I have my unusual way of playing folks better than I am -- it works 75% of the time. I hope Femi has one too.

1 Like

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Lincolnburrows(m): 4:04am On Sep 03, 2017
FemiEddy:
The guy no go fall our hand, I sabi am, Na my guy grin

Guy leave am... . Na magnus him dey play ooo. Magnus is not human. Anyway congrats to him
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by labeerson: 4:04am On Sep 03, 2017
nymphomaniac:
where is your location sir
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Lincolnburrows(m): 4:08am On Sep 03, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
love am die.. You?....just play it doe leisure sha..not professional

Add me on chess.com. .. Lemme see how good you are. I like chess ladies. Username is Miranwa
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Lincolnburrows(m): 4:14am On Sep 03, 2017
eagledan:
Is there any station on cable where one can watch it or site to download it
Chess. Com
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by TheAlchemist: 4:34am On Sep 03, 2017
Magnus Carlsen the only GM that can beat Femi with a "Fools Mate" grin... hehehe.
I hope Carlsen does not send Femi to early retirement...
Wishing you the very best Femi... please can we bet on this game on any betting site in Nigeria.. the odds of Femi beating Magnus would be crazy! I want to be an instant millionaire my 50 kobo on Femi

2 Likes

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Origin(f): 4:40am On Sep 03, 2017
Hmmmmm...... cool

Even where he is, he has made Naija proud.
No be beans .

Good luck and Success.

All na win win. He is already a trailblazer. Can't take that from him..

2 Likes

Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Sunnybabe(m): 5:53am On Sep 03, 2017
Tolexander:

haha, make we kuku change the Name NIGERIA to KINGDOM ANIMALIA or ZOO
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by bossfeebok: 6:16am On Sep 03, 2017
Carlsen is rated over 2800 our balogun is just over 2200. May David prevail over goliath.
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by Alexk2(m): 6:27am On Sep 03, 2017
Team nigeria...i pray this guy win though
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by MistaBabz: 6:46am On Sep 03, 2017
His head dey charge be that cos dis Chess no be small logical game oo. All the best bro
Re: Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia by 6UEE: 6:48am On Sep 03, 2017
nymphomaniac:
Shut up! Just throwing around random chess lingo doesn't make us believe you know anything about chess. SMH, just trying to sound intelligent

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too / Kanu Nwankwo Appointed As Enyimba Chairman / Banker To Banker !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.