Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri (31450 Views)

Thomas John Appointed As Chairman Of NNPC By President Buhari / Mele Kyari Biography, Profile, Age Of NNPC GMD / Shehui Sanni Reacts To Atiku's Plan To Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by gerg: 9:21am On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:
Mor0nkiri is just being clever by half.

in that eagles squad the only northerner is Ahmed musa.
there was a single Yoruba player, ekong from CRS and Moses from Edo state. all other 8-10 players (are from the south east). I guess we can also call them Biafran eagles.

Yes Buhari's appointments have been lopsided. But this federal character thing will only keep pulling us back.

if we want to continue using federal Character let's make sure when the eagles are playing we have

-2 sw players, 2nw players, 2 se players, 2 Ss players, 2NC players at least on the pitch at all times.
- if a player from any region gets injured or has to be substituted then someone from his region must replace him
- if there is no one from his region them let him remain on the field.

that's how dumb federal principle is
There were about 6 Igbos. two of the people labeled as Igbo are actually not Igbo. E.g. Ichigile is an Esan from Ekpon in Edo State. And you sound very foolish to compare a football team with a NNPC with a football team. If you don't see any problem with all Buhari's appointments of Ineptitude and below mediocrity, you have a big problem

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Abfinest007(m): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2017
u get sense but as for buhari I pray sense fall on him
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Greenthumb(m): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2017
eagleeye2:
There is no Nepotism in sports. But when it comes to NNPC..... DSS.....EFCC.... CUSTOM SERVICE. .....and all other Federal government jobs, Nepotism comes into play. And we believe that this country is ready to develop.

We always make noise about nepotism in this country when we're not direct beneficiaries of it. I remember when Kema Chikwe was minister of aviation, her driver was igbo, her PA was igbo, she appointed a lot of Imo indigenes into service. Now I tell you my friend, if I was in a position of such influence, I'll do same for my people cos that's what I'll be remembered for. You'll do same too.

I'll only loathe it when ineffectual and incompetent people get favoured thereof.

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by shankara7: 9:24am On Sep 03, 2017
LukeLook:
1. His post is only hilarious because he was able to point out the apparent Nepotism in appointments at the NNPC.

2. Stephen Keshi's Eagles that won the African Nations Cup was a Biafra National Team and presently if you're not a footballer from the Igbo land, Amaju's NFA will probably not see you as qualified for a call-up, and this is the carry-over into the present national team, therefore the comparisons are hypocritical.

3. Federal Character should be thrown into the dustbin If the Igbos are the most qualified 11, that's who should be called.

4. Federal Character is a negative fallout of ethnic sentiments and leads to mediocrity. Federal Character once destroyed the best national team that Nigeria ever had...

That's the point reno is driving at. He is not advocating for federal character but just saying that the best hands should be giving the jobs, as it is the case of super eagles where our best legs were called upon regardless of tribe. Do you think if jobs and appointments were merit based the northerners will stand a chance? The north inserted the federal character in our constitution because they were a few of them in federal civil service prior 1980.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by malware: 9:26am On Sep 03, 2017
GavelSlam:
When Marlyn Ogar was with the DSS it was the most transparent organisation in Nigeria.

Transparent or tyrant?
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by malware: 9:28am On Sep 03, 2017
eagleeye2:
There is no Nepotism in sports. But when it comes to NNPC..... DSS.....EFCC.... CUSTOM SERVICE. .....and all other Federal government jobs, Nepotism comes into play. And we believe that this country is ready to develop.

All those agencies have more of Southerners than Northerners.... If you disagree, go and check.
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by ehissi(m): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:
Reno is a complete id1ot

And you my friend are a "Complete idiot detector"....... tongue
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by sweetgala(m): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2017
GavelSlam:
When Marlyn Ogar was with the DSS it was the most transparent organisation in Nigeria.

Even the devil is taking notes on this your lie
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 03, 2017
GavelSlam:
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 03, 2017
Redoil:
Let us put the popularity of reno omokri and pat buhari to test.
If you are for buhari and his minions of dss click like
If you are reno omokri click share
And the shares have it!
Sombori pls help me with the pinshure of that hammer whe uncle Saraki dey use nack that stubborn nail for him table every time.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by malware: 9:33am On Sep 03, 2017
It is quite unfortunate that PDP's mode of opposition is tilted towards ethnic/religious sentiment....

When PDP was in power, churches send buses full of people to my agency on frequent basis and were given employment by the then Head..... And up till now, the agency's staff are about 75% Christians....

The last person I expected to play ethnic/religious card is a political figure.

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Oblang(m): 9:34am On Sep 03, 2017
Since time immemorial, Igbos have bin dominating the super eagles and I ve not had other regions whine abt that. When they were enjoying appointment during gej, no complain. U better all wait till 2019 if u think u have the number to vote out buhari...
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by GavelSlam: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2017
sweetgala:

Even the devil is taking notes on this your lie

Sarcasm my brother.
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by ehissi(m): 9:35am On Sep 03, 2017
lekahm:

Ogar that was used by the Jonathan govt to cause mayhem.

Cause mayhem ke? undecided

How? Is not only mayhem, its junehem! Be talking off key there..... angry
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by 1wolex85: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:

there was a single Yoruba player, ekong from CRS and Moses from Edo state. all other 8-10 players (are from the south east). I guess we can also call them Biafran eagles.

Yes Buhari's appointments have been lopsided. But this federal character thing will only keep pulling us back.

if we want to continue using federal Character let's make sure when the eagles are playing we have

-2 sw players, 2nw players, 2 se players, 2 Ss players, 2NC players at least on the pitch at all times.
- if a player from any region gets injured or has to be substituted then someone from his region must replace him

God bless you! I just hate the hypocrisy in these beings. If it favours their tribe , it is merit, if it doesn't, IT is tribalism, just imagine! Nigerians must decide what they want, Merit or federal character, Merit will always be lopsided as some tribes are better at some things than others, you can't eat your cake and have it.
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by cr7lomo: 10:06am On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:

Everything u typed up there is absolutely rubbish and shows how myopic ur reasoning is...
1. The coach is not Nigerian...he is a white man
2. Name 5 super eagles recognized stars in Europe that are not from the south south, south east
3. Talking about appointments, are u saying that only the north are more qualified than the south( the north that are mostly uneducated)

Guy , if u dont hv any reasonable thing to say...abeg close mouth

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by BlackMbakara1(m): 10:08am On Sep 03, 2017
This man is so pained and the hatred he has for Buhari has no match.

The squad that played that game was mostly the SE and heaven did not fall, what is the point making all the noise?

The NNPC appointments where mixed from NW, NE and NC...abi these three zones na fulani tribes dey there?

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Deeldorado: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:

I understand your argument but we must also ensure inclusiveness and take into account the sensitivity of our federation. We have to find that right balance between inclusiveness and meritocracy. The NNPC appointments did not take any of these into account especially with respect to the current mood of the nation.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Nairaboi(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2017
All these people making analysis on how the National teams should be dominated by Hausas will still be the same people that will start shouting that the Super Eagles is dominated by northerners if what the wish for come to play.
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by LukeLook: 10:11am On Sep 03, 2017
shankara7:
That's the point reno is driving at. He is not advocating for federal character but just saying that the best hands should be giving the jobs, as it is the case of super eagles where our best legs were called upon regardless of tribe. Do you think if jobs and appointments were merit based the northerners will stand a chance? The north inserted the federal character in our constitution because they were a few of them in federal civil service prior 1980.
But the problem is that whether this government has competent hands or not, is just a question of opinion.
To some this government is far better than the last administration and to others this government is a disaster.
If the primary agenda of this government is to stem corruption and the best hands in terms of policing, are from Edo state, so be it?
Reno has to balance the sentiments. Just as there was a majority Igbo squad in the national team and the other tribes did not complain (even when they lost scandalously in some events) so it may turn out out that there will be majority ethnic tribe in a different sector.

While the government needs to ensure that the best hands are brought on-board that type of comparison with the super eagles may be lost in our highly polarized nation.

In oza news, there may a lot of factors why the eagles have been winning. The cerebral technical manager is one, who appears to be able to read and execute tactics and who was lucky not to have that basket goalkeeper on duty on Friday...just saying
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Deeldorado: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2017
ehissi:

Cause mayhem ke? undecided

How? Is not only mayhem, its junehem! Be talking off key there..... angry

The DSS under GEJ was also a mess. It was not different from the mess it is now.
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Thisisallme(m): 10:14am On Sep 03, 2017
Na grammar you come speak

is just being clever by half.

that's how dumb federal principle is[/quote]
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by mema900: 10:15am On Sep 03, 2017
benjamin7897:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10213551205511795&id=1152008079

Please the like button is not working i too like this point
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by FearGodinall: 10:16am On Sep 03, 2017
[quote author=captleonerd post=60082151]Mor0nkiri is just being clever by half.

Do you even bother to read the post or you just run to conclusion in line with your support you had before, here we are talking about result with respect to competence, you are promoting nepotism. For instance, the efcc ,DSS nnpc CBN jobs, does it mean only people from katsina that that are more gualified to do those jobs? Is that what you mean by fairness and equity to promote unity among Nigerians, by preaching your one Nigeria. The federal character is not, and never dumd as you claim but to check the excessive of characters like buhari the cow and expose his weakness in governance.

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by captleonerd(m): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2017
cr7lomo:

Everything u typed up there is absolutely rubbish and shows how myopic ur reasoning is...
2. Name 5 super eagles recognized stars in Europe that are not from the south south, south east
3. Talking about appointments, are u saying that only the north are more qualified than the south( the north that are mostly uneducated)

we don't care. it's either federal character or merit. we can't combine both. I feel marginalised too. I'm a Yoruba man and my cousin should be allowed to play fr eagles. lol
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by captleonerd(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2017
[quote author=FearGodinall post=60085547][/quote] keep making a fool of yourself. my write up is just trying to tell you that federal character can not be applied everywhere. guess you are not smart enough to 7understand
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2017
Redoil:
Let us put the popularity of reno omokri and pa buhari to test.
Sarrki and alexistaiwo the share are winning why dont u invite ur fellow zombe on line minions to join and click like
If you are for buhari and his minions of dss click like
If you are reno omokri click share
Who told you that I am for APC.
Abi thunder wan strike them and PDP join together
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by eagleeye2: 10:26am On Sep 03, 2017
malware:

All those agencies have more of Southerners than Northerners.... If you disagree, go and check.
I do not disagree. But how many of those southerners eventually make it to the TOP job. Did I hear you say Nepotism?
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by captleonerd(m): 10:27am On Sep 03, 2017
gerg:

There were about 6 Igbos. two of the people labeled as Igbo are actually not Igbo. E.g. Ichigile is an Esan from Ekpon in Edo State. And you sound very foolish to compare a football team with a NNPC with a football team. If you don't see any problem with all Buhari's appointments of Ineptitude and below mediocrity, you have a big problem
you are the foolish one. you don't want federal character to be used in selecting eagles but you want federal character whenever it doesn't favour you. you are the one with the big problem. which is more important for merit? super eagles or nnpc that generates revenue?

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:27am On Sep 03, 2017
cr7lomo:

cr7lomo:

cr7lomo:

your point no3, i guess those who were appointed were also uneducated huh?
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 03, 2017
GavelSlam:

If this your statement is not a satire, obviously you were running around in your underwears as a toddler when Marlyn Ogar was the DSS spokesperson

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Winners And Losers Of Osun Guber Keenly-contested Poll / Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? / Jonathan: Vote Atiku So We Can All Have Food To Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.