Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri (31451 Views)

Thomas John Appointed As Chairman Of NNPC By President Buhari / Mele Kyari Biography, Profile, Age Of NNPC GMD / Shehui Sanni Reacts To Atiku's Plan To Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by kareemkamil(m): 10:30am On Sep 03, 2017
Hmmmmm, not everybody that wore clothe that is normal, this Omokiri or whatever they call u. I think u need sacaretrick tendencies.
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by efela: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2017
Why people always supporting Reno omokri every time since he failed elections in 2015 , you always talk bad against the president,Reno you behaves like someone who don't have a father and uncles,respect your age so that the Young ones we respect you.buhari is our president if you don't like him stay aside. Allow president buhari to stay in peace, I pray God should help buhari to change Nigeria into a united nations called Nigeria thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by captleonerd(m): 10:30am On Sep 03, 2017
Mcowubaba:

William Ekong is from Akwa Ibom not Cross River
Cross River/Calabar is different from Akwa Ibom/Uyo, 80% of Nigerians don't know this

Abdullahi Shehu no 2, is an Hausa man. He played full-time.
Elderson Echeijele no 3 is not from South East.
Odion Ighalo no 9, is not from South East
Simon Ajala Moses, who played 7/8 is a Yoruba man.
Ogenyi Onazi is not from South East

The Igbo players on the squad that played were only Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Iheanacho, Mikel Obi, Mikel Agu, Ndidi, Chidozie Awaziem

And only 4 of them started the Match
Get your facts right

saying ekong is from crs is a mistake. and I know the difference. stayed in calabar for two years and I visited uyo and nung udoe in ibesikpo from time to time

my logic is simple. federal character can't always be used.

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2017
shankara7:
That's the point reno is driving at. He is not advocating for federal character but just saying that the best hands should be giving the jobs, as it is the case of super eagles where our best legs were called upon regardless of tribe. Do you think if jobs and appointments were merit based the northerners will stand a chance? The north inserted the federal character in our constitution because they were a few of them in federal civil service prior 1980.
this fedral character of a thing is practised by even arvanced and developed countries and it purpose is to carry everyone along, they dont make noise about it because it is not abused like it happens here in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by captleonerd(m): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2017
Jolar101:

If that's true, did they performed or not?
are the NNPC executives not performing or not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by eagleeye2: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2017
Greenthumb:

We always make noise about nepotism in this country when we're not direct beneficiaries of it. I remember when Kema Chikwe was minister of aviation, her driver was igbo, her PA was igbo, she appointed a lot of Imo indigenes into service. Now I tell you my friend, if I was in a position of such influence, I'll do same for my people cos that's what I'll be remembered for. You'll do same too.

I'll only loathe it when ineffectual and incompetent people get favoured thereof.
Your last sentence is just what I have been hammering on.
The super eagles team was selected based on Merit, that's why no body shouted NEPOTISM. But when you overlook Merit to make appointment based on region, tribe, religion etc that's when people shouting Nepotism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by captleonerd(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2017
captianfreeman:

You are not getting the point at all. That ain't the issue.
I'm totally getting the point. the NNPC executives seen to be doing OK as far as I'm concerned. why must we always use federal character? if we want federal character then no region should have more than 3players in eagles starting 11.

let us embrace merit and forget federal character
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:
are the NNPC executives not performing or not?
They are performing in stealing and sharing our oil money.

Can you lists their performance and impacts?

For debates purpose.

3 Likes

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by captleonerd(m): 10:49am On Sep 03, 2017
Jolar101:

They are performing in stealing and sharing our oil money.

Can you lists their performance and impacts?

For debates purpose.
and the ibo dominated eagles that didn't qualify for the last nations cup is performing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Franchise21(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2017
Spot on grin
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by LydayBobo(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:
Mor0nkiri is just being clever by half.

in that eagles squad the only northerner is Ahmed musa.
there was a single Yoruba player, ekong from CRS and Moses from Edo state. all other 8-10 players (are from the south east). I guess we can also call them Biafran eagles.

Yes Buhari's appointments have been lopsided. But this federal character thing will only keep pulling us back.

if we want to continue using federal Character let's make sure when the eagles are playing we have

-2 sw players, 2nw players, 2 se players, 2 Ss players, 2NC players at least on the pitch at all times.
- if a player from any region gets injured or has to be substituted then someone from his region must replace him
- if there is no one from his region them let him remain on the field.

that's how dumb federal principle is
May God continue to bless you and grant you divine wisdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by EmekaMD(m): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:

there was a single Yoruba player, ekong from CRS and Moses from Edo state. all other 8-10 players (are from the south east). I guess we can also call them Biafran eagles.

Yes Buhari's appointments have been lopsided. But this federal character thing will only keep pulling us back.

if we want to continue using federal Character let's make sure when the eagles are playing we have

-2 sw players, 2nw players, 2 se players, 2 Ss players, 2NC players at least on the pitch at all times.
- if a player from any region gets injured or has to be substituted then someone from his region must replace him

that's not the point u brainless child!!

The point here is that Buhari is known to favor his people even though most of his appointments have proven to be unqualified.

The case of super eagles is this , yes I agree most of them are from the SE but are they the most qualified (at least by the judgement of the coach and the Nigerian people)?. The answer is yes!!

So u see.. people like me do not blame Buhari because his appointments are from the North, I blame him cos it's obvious those people he chose are the least qualified (it's evident in the performances of his administration).

Then why can't he give the chance to the people who can deliver? Is he sacrificing merit on the altar of nepotism? The answer is yes!!

If President Buharis Northern filled administration can do half of what the super eagles southeasteners filled has done then I'd not be here arguing with u.

I'm very much against the federal character thing (or call it quota system) but you have to vindicate ur choices with ur performances.

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by captleonerd(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2017
EmekaMD:
that's not the point u brainless child!!

The point here is that Buhari is known to favor his people even though most of his appointments have proven to be unqualified.

The case of super eagles is this , yes I agree most of them are from the SE but are they the most qualified (at least by the judgement of the coach and the Nigerian people)?. The answer is yes!!

So u see.. people like me do not blame Buhari because his appointments are from the North, I blame him cos it's obvious those people he chose are the least qualified (it's evident in the performances of his administration).

Then why can't he give the chance to the people who can deliver? Is he sacrificing merit on the altar of nepotism? The answer is yes!!

If President Buharis Northern filled administration can do half of what the super eagles southeasteners filled has done then I'd not be here arguing with u.

I'm very much against the federal character thing (or call it quota system) but you have to vindicate ur choices with ur performances.

you are the brainless child. must insult before you pass your points across? the eagles were selected based on merit and they performed. at least 5 of the starting 11 are from the SE and only 1 is from the north. why can't the same principle be applied to NNPC? the NNPC is doing OK without the federal character principle. if you believe keshi and the foreign coach selected the ibo dominated eagles based on merit without federal character why can't the same logic be applied to NNPC and DSS?

get a life please and don't insult before you spew your jaundiced opinion next time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by markfemisgay: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2017
Truth.
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by nazzy1908: 11:29am On Sep 03, 2017
This Reno guy is an slowpoke

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by talk2emma: 11:29am On Sep 03, 2017
Buhari is a gaot (ewu)

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by gaffyGIFT: 11:31am On Sep 03, 2017
Reno is mad....... he should just go and sit on �
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by malware: 11:35am On Sep 03, 2017
eagleeye2:

I do not disagree. But how many of those southerners eventually make it to the TOP job. Did I hear you say Nepotism?

What do you mean by the top

Most Federal agencies/parastatals have more Southerners than Northerners.... I challenge you to prove me wrong....

You can visit any of the agencies and make enquiry on its staff list and enumerate the staffs according to states....
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Izonpikin: 11:37am On Sep 03, 2017
sarrki:

Nah lie ?

PDP is a curse to generation yet unborn
and majority of persons in the apc now were pdp faithfuls( e.g timipre sylva) ..you sarrki are rather a curse to your generation unborn for not developing sense beyond licking buharis ass..

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:

They know nigerians are gullible ,,same people that worked UNDER GEJ are the one dictating how the country shuld b run,, same post there oga fail
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by princefaculty(m): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2017
Hahaha, funny but very true talk
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by shankara7: 11:49am On Sep 03, 2017
LukeLook:
But the problem is that whether this government has competent hands or not, is just a question of opinion.
To some this government is far better than the last administration and to others this government is a disaster.
If the primary agenda of this government is to stem corruption and the best hands in terms of policing, are from Edo state, so be it?
Reno has to balance the sentiments. Just as there was a majority Igbo squad in the national team and the other tribes did not complain (even when they lost scandalously in some events) so it may turn out out that there will be majority ethnic tribe in a different sector.

While the government needs to ensure that the best hands are brought on-board that type of comparison with the super eagles may be lost in our highly polarized nation.

In oza news, there may a lot of factors why the eagles have been winning. The cerebral technical manager is one, who appears to be able to read and execute tactics and who was lucky not to have that basket goalkeeper on duty on Friday...just saying
The players invited are the best Nigeria can boast of for now. The question now is those appointed are they our best?

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by mapist(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:

It is not a dumb principle; it is only practised by dumb individuals who lack basic intelligence and are ethnic bigots.
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
Fatality

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by bluecircle470: 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
GavelSlam:
When Marlyn Ogar was with the DSS it was the most transparent organisation in Nigeria.

Lie! Great lie!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by ehissi(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2017
Deeldorado:

The DSS under GEJ was also a mess. It was not different from the mess it is now.

Which mess? Abi you dey toilet sef?
How many people do you know that DSS arrested just because Oga GEJ said so?

Mbok! Just park very well.....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:
and the ibo dominated eagles that didn't qualify for the last nations cup is performing?
Because northerners were dominated in eagles and sports minister.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by cstr1000: 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:

You are being smart by half.
The people in football are the best we have. They play at relatively highest level for Nigerians currently in football. Ignoring federal character is the obvious move here to maximize our best pool.
On the other hand,You can't tell me that the people in buhari's government are the best we have given the fact that the regions majorly represented are more or less educationally disadvantaged.
The people buhari trusts are not the most educated, the most technical or an authority in their fields.
Their only selling point is that they are northerners.
Infact, i take it back- you are not smart at all.

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by mekyno777(m): 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2017
captleonerd:

Remember the selection of players which is mostly southerns was done by a white man (even if it is a local coach) that don't know abt tribals so it is on merit and they delivered as well.
But buhari's tribalism has not delivered/helped matters. I wont mind if i am seeing result bt the whole thing/madness is going over board.
If u support buhari's appointment, then don't complain when a southern president comes in and appoints only his own people.
I knw north will not only complain, the will do unprintable things.
Time will tell

1 Like

Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Fawklicant: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
sarrki:

Nah lie ?

PDP is a curse to generation yet unborn

Says someone who is incapable of seeing anything outside the lens of pdp/apc. You need to grow up as your comments are getting more and more nauseating by the bill. The irony of it is that you are just famzing with o.menka and ngeneukwuenu/berem and co who are paid agents getting payola. You on the other hand are just working for free without much sensible arguments coming forth.
Stop wanking all over threads with pdp/apc bollocks, it is stale. Whatever hardships people are experiencing now, affects all not some. These people you come on here to defend are all friends behind closed doors. They protect their common interests(our collective till), they don't care much about you. They only use party affiliations where it serves their interest, otherwise they are best buddies. Praytell, what personal interests do your apc/pdp chants serve other than promote crass buffoonery, ignorance and mental laziness? Think bro, think!
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by cstr1000: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
For example that former BBOG advocate heading the NPA.
There is no possible way that woman is qualified enough to head a nation's port authority. It was nothing more than a compensatory move to quieten the ''Bring back our girls'' movement.
She has no degree in maritime management or relatively fields of endeavor. Same is replicated everywhere in this government.
Northern square pegs in round holes.
Re: The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
?........d pigs indirectly said they don't want those posts naw, shebi they want to go, and y would they want or appreciate anything from a zoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Winners And Losers Of Osun Guber Keenly-contested Poll / Jonathan: Vote Atiku So We Can All Have Food To Eat / Dino Melaye Conferred As Jarman Of Okuta (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.