Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) (47716 Views)

MAGNETIC CARS: Could This Be The Future To Replace Petrol/electric Cars? (Photo) / Petrol And Diesel Cars Could Be Off The Streets Sooner Than Expected-mp UK / Hurricane Harvey:Flooded Cars During Harvey Will Be Sold Out With No Flood Label (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by pawesome(m): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2017
blackbeau1:
Nigeria the Refuse ground where everyone dumps stuff they don't want
anibodi dn dump u befr? undecided
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by Viking007(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Im ready and waiting wink

We clean it up and put it back on the road.

P.s I am not the one that imported them, just helping the few that bought flooded vehicles.
cheesy
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by eluquenson(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2017
That's not far from the truth, Nigeria is a dumping ground grin

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by BCISLTD: 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Water dey affect car body?? Abi rims or tyre
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by Joseunlimited(f): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
grin hurricane world tour
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by GrandMufti: 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
G
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by bobnatlo(m): 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2017
Whaaaris dis one
Chillooo we have our own hurricane Benue/delta/lekki/island/mainland here jaree
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2017
Any submerged white g wagon wey dem fit sell for 980k i fit buy

2 Likes

Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by eyinjuege: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
The flood in Nigeria was a learner to this Houston flood.
Thank God for little mercies. I wonder how anyone would have coped if such a flood had happened in Naija
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by NCANpatroller: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
Explorers:

About 80% cant afford new cars here and that's why they go for used/tokunbo cars because they're cheaper.

Even some of these tokunbo cars we're buying if not most are salvaged vehicles, accident but with light damages(Damaged bumpers, doors, lamps, windshield, hail etc and they get them fixed easily)

But i think flooded/submerged cars comes with the most risks.

How long was the car under the water?

Those cars stayed days submerged

The longer the vehicle remained submerged, the greater the damage.

What kind of water flooded the car?

If it was salt water, the corrosion will occur much more aggressively than if it was fresh water.

True. I agree
But I can afford 20M vehicle when the car value becomes 1M

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
isnt there a science to fixing flooded cars? like seriously
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by Amberon11: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
Start earning today, check my signature.
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by wiringdpt(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
Read
HsLBroker:
Hurricane is not coming to Nigeria
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by enemyofprogress: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ori mi ko, eleda mi ko

Vickyrotex take note
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
Up NIGERIA!!
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by Ijaya123: 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
Sijo01:
Nigeria is a dumping ground! I won't be surprise is those cars finds their way here.

You can bet your ass they will.
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
Nigerians and playing victim.
Which one is every country takes Nigeria as dumping ground? Did they force you people to buy it?

Your car dealers go there to buy it, they tell them the truth _knowing the consequences of doing otherwise there.

Your dealers bring it hoe, work on it and sell to you.

Then you want to blame them?

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by luluman: 12:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
HsLBroker:
Do you want it to start in your village?
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by Skmoda360(m): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
it ain't new though...so say as it is, 'em go con dey sell am for 1.5 to 3millies for we gullible nigerians.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by RRWraith(m): 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
Explorers:
Following a flood disaster occasioned by Hurricane Harvey in Texas, United States of America, insurance companies who have taken possession of assets designated mostly as scrap will need to figure out how to get the best of whatever is left of the value of the assets.

Top on the items of assets to dispose of will be motor vehicles that have been submerged for days under devastating floods.

As was the case with Hurricane Katrina and Sandy, the route to market for these cars will be via the salvage auction.

Nigeria is said to be among the top destination for salvage cars from the US and also ranks as one of the top export destinations for used cars in the US.

In fact, another data put the value of recent used vehicle export to Nigeria at about $99 million.
How do you check the historical status of a vehicle. please i need the steps.
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by AdonaiRoofing(m): 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
As first grade tokunbo..lol

Contact us for all your roiofi g jobs and roof maintenance etc
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by Unimaginable123: 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
HsLBroker:
submerged cars, not huricane
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by logica(m): 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Every country just wants to dump their shît in Nigeria. Nigeria is now a dumping ground.
Excuse you? It's your people dumping the sh!t. It's your people who go to the auctions and purchase damaged goods and then ship them to Nigeria to sell for standard price.
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by banmee(m): 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
jessejunior:
Africa generally

they see Africa as a dumping ground.... buy from a reliable source and don't be gullible

You guys see your country as dumping ground. Is it not Nigerians who import them?
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
pawesome:
OP,is not could be on its way...its already hia

Lol..
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by laliga01: 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2017
BCISLTD:
Water dey affect car body?? Abi rims or tyre

Lolx...you didn't think of the engine and corrosion.
Boys go change engine tire.
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by symbianDON(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2017
I have already sighted one 2012 infinity fx I'm interested in that picture grin can I place a bid right away?

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by firo08(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2017
[center][/center][center][/center]
LadyGoddiva:
Every country just wants to dump their shît in Nigeria. Nigeria is now a dumping ground.
very funny bro.... I wonder where this country is heading to
.very sad.
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by DabuIIIT: 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
just imagine seeing this while am having my lunch!
angry
Re: Hurricane Harvey Submerged Cars Could Be On Their Way To Nigeria(Pics) by chronique(m): 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2017
If you can pay premium, you wouldn't be bothered about this. Those who should be bothered about this, are those who want to drive big cars with small money/tight budget. You can't always eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Used Cars Wanted / SHINING WHITE 2008 Range Rover SPORT **Collab Of Fhemmmy And Olanshi**NIJA PIX** / Vin Check...Vin Check...Car History.Know Everything About That Car..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.