Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,380 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer (14802 Views)

Resident Doctors Suspend Indefinite Strike, to resume tomorrow / Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE / JOHESU Set To Embark On Indefinite Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by Abagworo(m): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
This is bad. Right now health and university education are on pause. FG needs to act fast.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by Hajardramadan(m): 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
nwagbaradav:
One problem after another...

We are looking for both medical and financial aid to assist Benue flood victims, yet the doctors believe this is the best time to go on strike...

Nigeria= Not working!!! embarassed

I don't even understand what their Hippocratic oath stands for.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by Hajardramadan(m): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
I don't even understand what their Hippocratic oath stands for
Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by Eu24(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
Quarter plot of land off the major road at pleasure b/stop on a tarred road, good for commercial purpose, Alimosho, Area lagos.

Measuring 113,740square Meter with Suvrey planning n Deed of agreement

Asking pricr,;N4.5m

Interested person can visit this place then make your offer.

For more details

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by nemynely(m): 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2017
leo2020:
Nigeria over pampered doctors spend more time on strikes than they do in the theatre. .this is the most useless and unpatriotic association in Nigeria. Average doctor earns almost 8times than his or her teacher counterparts even though they attended same universities, they both buy fuel at same pump price..

Pardon my language but the fellow that liked the comment above is a .................
The fellow who posted this misinformation above belongs to one of the following categories below:
?someone who desired to study medicine but was denied by JAMB amongst other factors
?someone who was shipped out in 1st year of med school
?someone who was advised to seek an alternative course having failed to scale through either the 1st/2nd MB exams in med school
?someone who studied a four course, couldn't get a job 2-3 yrs after, only to run into his first year med student roommate who was getting paid as an intern at the time
?someone who is totally ignorant of the rigors, challenges, sacrifices, hazards Naija Doctors face/are subjected to in the course of training and practice
?you may choose to fill in other definitions of this fellow

Like I say "naija eye go soon clear" as most, if not all, Doctors are leaving/plotting to leave the country on a daily basis.
Fast forward to just 10 years from now I.e if the govt continues to play the ostrich:
?there will be a dearth of doctors
?only established private hospitals will be well run which only the rich clients can afford - there will be no room for "doctor abeg, my money no complete"
?doctors will desert the public health institutions
?NHIS/HMO would only be available to those in paid employment as more Nigerians would continue to loose their jobs, no thanks to our unfeeling, apathetic govt
?traditional/herbal medical practice will be on an all time high with an unassailable record of end organ damage eg kidney failure etc
TO CUT THE LONG STORY SHORT, a time will come when only the rich can access quality healthcare while the poor will be abandoned to their fate for failing to speak up for doctors now while it is day and I hope the fellow who spewed the comment above doesn't find himself at the nightmarish end of the divide!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by donqx: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2017
ok
Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by duxclan: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2017
I lost my sweet and beautiful daughter yesterday. Pls NARD temper justice with mercy and call off this strike. I was having a chat with one of the team of doctors that treats my daughter yesterday and he said he has never seen in all his medical practise the inflows of patients like now, he said the hospital ( one of the biggest Teaching hospital in Africa) is fast running out of stock because of inflows of patients and honestly going by what I personally saw @ that hospital (children and the elderly persons),uhh uhhh, the kind of death that will be recorded in this period of strike will be far beyond our imagination. Anytime I hear of Docs going on strike I use to assume that this doctors are greedy, but my perception change yesterday after a team of doctors spent nearly 14hrs battling to save by sweet daughter, our doctors really really deserve better.

4 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by SycophanticGoat: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
Firefire:
Things fall apart. embarassed embarassed

Nigeria is now technically on strike, since the president has also decided to be on strike by absconding from duty at Aso-Rock.

Painfully, only average Nigerians without private medical health insurance suffers. embarassed

1. ASUU on strike
2. Resident Doctors on Strike
3. Buhary on strike

Who will deliver Nigeria?

ajepako:

Indeed, There was a Country...

Things fall apart, the center cannot hold..
Brainless Buhari is loosed upon the world.. grin

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by SycophanticGoat: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
nemynely:

Pardon my language but the fellow that liked the comment above is a .................
The fellow who posted this misinformation above belongs to one of the following categories below:
?someone who desired to study medicine but was denied by JAMB amongst other factors
?someone who was shipped out in 1st year of med school
?someone who was advised to seek an alternative course having failed to scale through either the 1st/2nd MB exams in med school
?someone who studied a four course, couldn't get a job 2-3 yrs after, only to run into his first year med student roommate who was getting paid as an intern at the time
?someone who is totally ignorant of the rigors, challenges, sacrifices, hazards Naija Doctors face/are subjected to in the course of training and practice
?you may choose to fill in other definitions of this fellow

Like I say "naija eye go soon clear" as most, if not all, Doctors are leaving/plotting to leave the country on a daily basis.
Fast forward to just 10 years from now I.e if the govt continues to play the ostrich:
?there will be a dearth of doctors
?only established private hospitals will be well run which only the rich clients can afford - there will be no room for "doctor abeg, my money no complete"
?doctors will desert the public health institutions
?NHIS/HMO would only be available to those in paid employment as more Nigerians would continue to loose their jobs, no thanks to our unfeeling, apathetic govt
?traditional/herbal medical practice will be on an all time high with an unassailable record of end organ damage eg kidney failure etc
TO CUT THE LONG STORY SHORT, a time will come when only the rich can access quality healthcare while the poor will be abandoned to their fate for failing to speak up for doctors now while it is day and I hope the fellow who spewed the comment above doesn't find himself at the nightmarish end of the divide!

Replying that brainless goat just put a huge pile of dirt on your beautiful post bro. I studied Engineering and even though we have never been given our due place as Engineers in this shithole of a country, I will never open my mouth to spill a full tank of watery faecal deposit like that goat you mentioned.

This is because, inasmuch as we are as important as medical practitioners to a nation, the importance of having well paid medical practitioners cannot be over elucidated. This is due to the level of risks doctors are exposed to but how will that goat (you quoted) take such into cognizance when he's probably one of the most ignorant beings the world has seen?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by SycophanticGoat: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2017
Abagworo:
This is bad. Right now health and university education are on pause. FG needs to act fast.

FG and Okorocha need not do anything
because they are the best things to happen to
Nigeria and Imo state --- Brainless APC zombies

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by yaki84: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2017
Firefire:
Things fall apart. embarassed embarassed

Nigeria is now technically on strike, since the president has also decided to be on strike by absconding from duty at Aso-Rock.

Painfully, only average Nigerians without private medical health insurance suffers. embarassed

1. ASUU on strike
2. Resident Doctors on Strike
3. Buhary on strike

Who will deliver Nigeria?
na to pray make d rats too go on strike weada baba vegetabul fit call off him own strike.

I hearsay senate dey on strike.....
Recess=strike.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by Firefire(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
yaki84:

na to pray make d rats too go on strike weada baba vegetabul fit call off him own strike.

I hearsay senate dey on strike.....
Recess=strike.

no be small matter for Nigeria ooo.

Everything now on strike... including quality leadership...

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by Faraidi(m): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
Anstalk:
ABUJA – RESIDENT Doctors this morning announced that they have commenced indefinite strike. The doctors under the umbrella of National Association of Resident Doctors, NARD who had last week met with the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige and the Minister of Health,

Prof. Isaac Adewole where government made some offers to them said they rejected the offers. A one paragraph statement signed by NARD President, Dr. Onyebueze John in Abuja read,

“Rising from our NEC meeting, which started by 7pm yesterday and ended 3am today. NARD has resolved to reject the promissory offer from Government, and proceed on total and indefinite strike action until all items in her demand list for strike action are resolved by Government.”

http://anstalk.com/breaking-resident-doctors-proceed-indefinite-strike-reject-fgs-offer/

Abegi residence doctors are not important jare. Are they not the doctors on training? Hisssss
Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by yaki84: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
Firefire:

no be small matter for Nigeria ooo.
Everything now on strike... including quality leadership...
it is wehl me bro
Re: Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer by ctex4real(m): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Replying that brainless goat just put a huge pile of dirt on your beautiful post bro. I studied Engineering and even though we have never been given our due place as Engineers in this shithole of a country, I will never open my mouth to spill a full tank of watery faecal deposit like that goat (you mentioned) did.

This is because, inasmuch as we are as important as medical practitioners to a nation, the importance of having well paid medical practitioners cannot be over elucidated. This is due to the level of risks doctors are exposed to but how will that goat (you quoted) take such into cognizance when he's probably one of the most ignorant beings the world has seen?
Lol @Huge pile of dirt! Bros you harsh o but you are right, our doctors have a cause that they strongly believe in.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev / Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight / Zobo Drink Was Brought In Instead Of Blood At Hospital? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.