Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines (1230 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines by HokageTravels: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2017
Over the years, I have seen people ignore the cheap flight fares of a specific airline in favor of a more expensive one. After I asked some few questions, I got to understand that price is least of the factors most people consider before booking a flight. There are other factors they consider too. Quality of service, years in business, routes, a personal bond, the brand and so on...

So Guys, this thread is for you. please share your best airlines, your worst, the worst experience you ever had on a specific flight and so on

I believe it will help others make their decision in booking flights.

I have never really had a bad experience on a flight before! The worst I had was when I almost missed my flight, Etihad! And and everyone kept on threatening me on how they would leave me and go and I will be to blame! Imagine!

So guys let the tales come in
Re: Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
AEROFLOT..... was 2004-2005, the cheapest flight from Tokyo back to Europe, flight left with an hr delay so we missed the connection in Moscow, therefore me and almost 200 other passengers missed our connection, so we would have to stay the night until next day at the airport for close to 17hrs. no Russian visa so noone could leave transit. so we were all taken to an area where some Russian lady in army gear told us (in very bad English) that there is a special transit hotel at the Airport for passengers stranded in transit and that it cost about $100 for the room per night, but the catch is that there are only 50 rooms or so available, and we were 200... but then she pointed out that her salary is only 50$ a months, and then proceeded to say that they gonna have an auction to see WHO will have the chance to sleep in a bed that night, so they started... "who will pay $100 for the room?" everyone's hand was raised (including mine), "who will pay 150?" some few heads dropped, then when she announced the next price, some people were talking to one another to get a room together etc...when the price got way out of mu budget, i jejely went to look for a bench, and sat comfortably on my improvised bedroom for the next 17hrs. the silliest thing is that all the money extra went straight to that foolish woman;s pocket, and Aeroflot didnt even care to offer us common water.

the craziest thing in this whole experience was that there were African brothas stuck in transit for months (even years). these people arrive at Domodedovo airport with a one way ticket, no visa and they ask for political asylum, but until it is granted (if ever) they are stuck at the airport in that transit area. they live there, and when they are refused entry or asylum, they have to pay their own ticket back ( Russian doesnt deport them back) so, many cant pay the fare and are stuck at the transit area of Moscow international airport for months at a time, begging for change to buy overpriced food and survive, until a good Samaritan decide to help them get back to their original country.

Aeroflot and Domodedovo international airport... -10 points!!!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines by HokageTravels: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
AEROFLOT..... was 2004-2005, the cheapest flight from Tokyo back to Europe, flight left with an hr delay so we missed the connection in Moscow, therefore me and almost 200 other passengers missed our connection, so we would have to stay the night until next day at the airport for close to 17hrs. no Russian visa so noone could leave transit. so we were all taken to an area where some Russian lady in army gear told us (in very bad English) that there is a special transit hotel at the Airport for passengers stranded in transit and that it cost about $100 for the room per night, but the catch is that there are only 50 rooms or so available, and we were 200... but then she pointed out that her salary is only 50$ a months, and then proceeded to say that they gonna have an auction to see WHO will have the chance to sleep in a bed that night, so they started... "who will pay $100 for the room?" everyone's hand was raised (including mine), "who will pay 150?" some few heads dropped, then when she announced the next price, some people were talking to one another to get a room together etc...when the price got way out of mu budget, i jejely went to look for a bench, and sat comfortably on my improvised bedroom for the next 17hrs. the silliest thing is that all the money extra went straight to that foolish woman;s pocket, and Aeroflot didnt even care to offer us common water.

the craziest thing in this whole experience was that there were African brothas stuck in transit for months (even years). these people arrive at Domodedovo airport with a one way ticket, no visa and they ask for political asylum, but until it is granted (if ever) they are stuck at the airport in that transit area. they live there, and when they are refused entry or asylum, they have to pay their own ticket back ( Russian doesnt deport them back) so, many cant pay the fare and are stuck at the transit area of Moscow international airport for months at a time, begging for change to buy overpriced food and survive, until a good Samaritan decide to help them get back to their original country.

Aeroflot and Domodedovo international airport... -10 points!!!

Wow!! Just WOW!!! They sound like the senior brothers to Royal Air Maroc!!
Re: Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines by Electroweb(m): 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines by HokageTravels: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
C'mon guys! Let's share
Re: Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines by HokageTravels: 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
so?
Re: Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines by HokageTravels: 2:09pm On Feb 12, 2018
Good day guys
Re: Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines by Chuchunana: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
Etihad...gosh, I'm never gonna use them. Take off from Heathrow was delayed for over 2 hours and we missed our connecting flight to Lagos, we had to wait till next day with no arrangements made...bad, bad experience!
Re: Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines by HokageTravels: 9:40pm On Feb 12, 2018
Chuchunana:
Etihad...gosh, I'm never gonna use them. Take off from Heathrow was delayed for over 2 hours and we missed our connecting flight to Lagos, we had to wait till next day with no arrangements made...bad, bad experience!

Etihad? Wow! This is a first. May be it was an affiliated flight, like Etihad in partnership with air Seychelles. But anyways, we can't overlook the poor quality of services rendered..

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Knows What This Is?? / Please Do I Have A Chance In Nigeria Or Any Country With This 3 Things / African City Named World's Greenest!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.