Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! (4239 Views)

Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far / Worst Airlines In Nigeria For Year 2018 / Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 5:03pm On May 09, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

Ok, lets talk best and worst airlines. Which airlines will you never fly again and which airlines are your absolute favorite? I’ll go first!

A few of my favorites are Emirates, Delta Airlines, Singapore airlines, Alaska airlines, Lufthansa airlines, JetBlue airlines and Southwest airlines. I like each of these airlines because they offer comfortable cabin space in economy class, newer planes, and a overall great flight experience.

My least favorites are British Airways, American Airlines, United airlines, Canada airlines. They are just okay for me, not the worst but certainly not the best.

Travel tip: Pay attention to how the airlines handle problems, cancellations, flight delays, etc. As a paying customer, you should be treated as such and not like a number. Customer service is king when you’re spending your hard earned money, and you have the right to not patronize businesses that don’t treat you well. I payed close attention throughout this pandemic with the airlines, looking at how flexible they were with cancellations, refunds and rescheduling and took lots of notes!

As for low-cost carriers: I do like China Air (business class), Ryanair, Transavia, TAP Portugal, Frontier and Norwegian air as a low-cost carriers. These airlines are no-frills but will get you to your destination. Please note: When I travel with low-cost carriers I typically only have a carry-on bag (no check bags), it’s a short flight (under 2 hours), and I don’t care what seat I get assigned. Baggage and seat charges can add up quickly so always remember to read the fine print before booking your flights. You might find that it’s cheaper to simply book your flight on a larger/major carrier when you add up all the hidden fees.

The airlines that I absolutely will not fly is, Spirit Airlines, period! They have very poor customer service and as such, I opt not to fly them.

Share your experiences and insights as well. Let me know who’s on your lists.

Safe travels and be well!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by benzene00: 5:19pm On May 09, 2021
Na only molue experience I get undecided

7 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
O GA o, na only u Don get all these experiences?
The only thing that has ever took me up like a plane was lift

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by LMS1(m): 5:48pm On May 09, 2021
-Arik People Flight Nor Dey Hard Dem Cancel.
-As For Edo Airways They Are Cheap But They Dont Have Basic Airport For Landing.
They Can Drop You Anywhere And They Dont Do Int'nl Flight,
They Only Operate Community Flights.
-As For Sosoliso We Have Banned Them From Flight Operation In Our Airspace.
-Dana Airline Always Have roof Leakage.
Infact I Was Given Free Umberalla The Last Time I Boarded.!
-Ethiopian Airways Pilot Are Racist,
They Rejected My Passport Because They Saw Picture Of A White Guy Instead Of Black.
-As For British Airways I Promised Not To Travel Wit Them Again,
Can U Believe The Hostess Didnt Wear Hand Gloves While Serving Me Juice.!
-Ethaid Airways Always Have Issues With Their Passangers Airbag.
They Keep Tieing Them With Rubberband.
-Qatar Airline Always Have Trust Issues, They Will Scan You So That You Dont Steal Their Inflight Magazines And D Pilots Will Shout On You To Fasten Your Seatbelt.

Op The Only Airline I Enjoy Flying With Is FLIGHT SIMULATOR.
I Love That Game! grin
Na Joke o! D

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Muyiwaipere(m): 6:03pm On May 09, 2021
Domestic line...you see Arik is Jargons na so the Engine noise no go let you rest

International...Kenya Airways oh God ....just let me keep quiet

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 6:12pm On May 09, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
Domestic line...you see Arik is Jargons na so the Engine noise no go let you rest

International...Kenya Airways oh God ....just let me keep quiet

Regarding Arik, very good to know, thank you for sharing!

Enlighten me a little regarding Kenya Airways, do you consider them good or not so good? There’s a lot of competition in the market, so it’s always good to know where we should spend our money and who values our business.
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by CandyOps(m): 7:07pm On May 09, 2021
OP shey u be flight hostess ni?

5 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 8:31pm On May 09, 2021
LMS1:
-As For Edo Airways They Are Cheap But They Dont Have Basic Airport For Landing.
They Rejected My Passport Because They Saw Picture Of A White Guy Instead Of Black.
-Qatar Airline Always Have Trust Issues, They Will Scan You So That You Dont Steal Their Inflight Magazines And D Pilots Will Shout On You To Fasten Your Seatbelt.

I Love That Game! grin
Na Joke o! D

Keep it coming, and thank you for the laughs, this is good info! Lol grin A leaky roof on Dana Airlines, oh my, that’s awful! They would be on my no fly as well.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 8:33pm On May 09, 2021
CandyOps:

Hi friend, No I’m not a flight attendant or hostess, I just enjoy to travel.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by RedChiefPriest: 8:34pm On May 09, 2021
Edo air ways
The mama no get respect for the passenger at all
I nearly fall from sky if no be God

3 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 8:47pm On May 09, 2021
RedChiefPriest:
Edo air ways
The mama no get respect for the passenger at all
I nearly fall from sky if no be God

Oh wow, it’s that bad huh! Good to know and thank you for sharing!
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Futureukstudent: 9:07pm On May 09, 2021
Do you have a travel vlog?

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 9:26pm On May 09, 2021
Futureukstudent:
Do you have a travel vlog?

Yes I do!

I’m on Instagram: MsTravelinDiva_

YouTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCAYIVz9SCrNeWWDC-X5YB9A

And I just dropped a video regarding this very topic here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlqrx9itZS4

If you’re on TikTok you can follow there as well, @MsTravelinDiva_

I share a lot of travel tips and travel information on these three platforms.

Thank you for asking, and happy travels friend!

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by waploger(m): 9:38pm On May 09, 2021
Do you travel for business or you just travel for pleasure?

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 9:46pm On May 09, 2021
waploger:
Do you travel for business or you just travel for pleasure?

Great question, I travel for pleasure and fund 100% of my travels myself. My reviews (and opinions) are unbiased, so I’m giving you my perspective as a regular paying consumer.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by waploger(m): 9:50pm On May 09, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Great question, I travel for pleasure and fund 100% of my travels myself. My reviews (and opinions) are unbiased, so I’m given you my perspective as a regular paying consumer.

Wow!! thats great... i would like to listen to your reviews obe day. what are your social media handles?

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 10:01pm On May 09, 2021
waploger:

Wow!! thats great... i would like to listen to your reviews obe day. what are your social media handles?

I’m on Instagram: MsTravelinDiva_

YouTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCAYIVz9SCrNeWWDC-X5YB9A

If you’re on TikTok you can follow there as well, @MsTravelinDiva_

I share a lot of travel tips and travel information on these three platforms.

Thank you for asking, and happy travels friend!

5 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by egharevba72047: 10:10pm On May 09, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mhimi007(m): 10:20pm On May 09, 2021
my own be say WHERE UNA DEY SEE THIS MONEY NAAA
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 11:47pm On May 09, 2021
egharevba72047:

Hi friend, No I’m not a flight attendant or hostess, I just enjoy to travel.
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Muyiwaipere(m): 12:19am On May 10, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Enlighten me a little regarding Kenya Airways, do you consider them good or not so good? There’s a lot of competition in the market, so it’s always good to know where we should spend our money and who values our business.

Them try sha....just there transit issues and there plane too get noise

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by BigDawsNet: 8:33am On May 10, 2021
Non.....

I wondered why air maroc is so cheap...i will like to experience the reason one day.

I flew Delta airlines, France and Lufthansa...they are the best so far...

3 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by lavylilly: 8:53am On May 13, 2021
Arik and Peace air zero

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by lavylilly: 8:55am On May 13, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Run fr Kenya airways, Ethiopia airways the best in Africa

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 6:57pm On May 21, 2021
lavylilly:
Run fr Kenya airways, Ethiopia airways the best in Africa
Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Samnigazz: 1:29am On May 22, 2021
Egypt air is terrible. Bad customer service from LOS to CAI. Terrible experience

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by SportsHD: 4:56am On May 22, 2021
LMS1:

I Love That Game! grin
Na Joke o! D
You listen to ERIGGA?
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by lavylilly: 6:49am On May 22, 2021
wink
Mstravelindiva:

Thank you for sharing!
Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by LMS1(m): 5:12pm On May 22, 2021
SportsHD:
You listen to ERIGGA?
Yea, Am paper Boy Gang cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by travelwaka: 12:34am On May 23, 2021
This is why you should take time to research about flight And different airlines Before booking.
First visit www.Travelstart.com.ng/discount
Search for your flight, compare prices
Choose the best offer

Check for the cheapest flight rates here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Mstravelindiva: 5:20pm On May 27, 2021
travelwaka:
This is why you should take time to research about flight And different airlines Before booking.
First visit www.Travelstart.com.ng/discount
Search for your flight, compare prices
Choose the best offer

Check for the cheapest flight rates here

Thanks friend, they can also use Google Flights! In fact, I made a video on how to book the cheapest flights right here (I even shared an example coming out of Lagos):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7eVUIMtXd0

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Best|Worst Airlines - Share Your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 27, 2021
Can you share why British Airlines is your least favourite?
I was gonna book it for my trip to the uk but now you've discouraged me

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adorable Photos Of Airplane Shape Restaurant In Turkey. / What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) / Nigerians In Prince Edward Island Lets Talk Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.