Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown (21841 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Captain Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by DoubleN(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2010
Baba Go Slow is back?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by watchnta: 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
The weekly Federal Executive Council meeting scheduled to start at 10 AM is yet to begin even at 11am.

Fresh/Live updates @:

http://www.watchnta.com
http://www.watchait.com
http://www.nigerianewspapersonline.net
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Akaraiwe(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2010
I hope Yaradua knows he is human,he can fall sick and shouldnt be ashamed of letting the country know,he is now a National property and not just Turai's husband alone. Why everyone feels so bad is the way issues concerning his health were handled with extreme secrecy, haba its tax payers money na!. I wish him quick recovery so he can come and serve his remaining term and then like Ben Bruce said "We will kick him out of office with our votes". angry
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Pennywise(m): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2010
Now that our president is back. Its about time we start shopping for another country should his condition show signs of worsening. The Saudis have certainly had enough of us.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by GNBohr: 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2010
Deadi bodi, deadi bodi get accident, Yee paa
Na double wahala for deadi bodi and the owner of deadi bodi. (FELA ANIKULAPO THE GREAT)

The theatrics of the parties in Yar Adua saga will definitely come to an end very soon. Theories abound why Yar Adua was quickly packaged for a return journey home. Whatever the theories and reasons, one thing is very clear, his days in power are almost over like the passing moon. With the stunts pulled by those close to him in denying Nigerians access to him, Yar Adua has lost political support and his power base strongly eroded locally and in the comity of nations.

The changes that took place in Nigeria while he was away is so enormous that it would take a stouter and stronger Yar Adua to stop. The core of politicians that would have hitherto defer to him has realigned and positioned themselves for a post Yar Adua politics. In his medically and physically unfit condition, politics have left him behind.

Many have just realised that Yar Adua was never in power but rules through the eyes, voices and hands of those who has no constitutional right to do so. This reality has recalibrated the equation in a manner not favourable to Yar Adua's presidency. The fact has emerged that he will not be fit to continue particularly at a time crucial to 2011 election.

His arrival is to put nails into his political coffin. The entire political class is not happy with Turai's disregard and disdain for the enitre political leadership and structure while she was in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

I have no pity or advice for Yar Adua and his bunch except that he will definitely get the treatment that he deserves - that is - political oblivion.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by biozy(m): 12:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
and the drama keeps unfolding with my popcorn and zobo still watching the unending episodes of season 2 of ,
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Pennywise(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2010
Akaraiwe:

I hope Yaradua knows he is human,he can fall sick and shouldnt be ashamed of letting the country know,he is now a National property and not just Turai's husband alone.  Why everyone feels so bad is the way issues concerning his health were handled with extreme secrecy, haba its tax payers money na!. I wish him quick recovery so he can come and serve his remaining term and then like Ben Bruce said "We will kick him out of office with our votes".    angry

Yaradua strike me as a humble man with little ambition. If he is well enough to speak or decide he will simply resign and go take care of his health. Unfortunately he is not.

His handlers and Turai are the enemies. They were not voted by the Nigerian people but they want to keep ruling like they have done for three months by manipulating information regarding a president's health.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Gbawe: 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2010
FBS:

Will this ever end?

It won't end as long as cowardly Jonathan , plus the compromised NASS , continue to give Yar Adua's ungodly and wicked kitchen cabinet windows of opportunity. These people are inhumanly wicked in their quest to retain power and authority through the Presidency of their comatose deity. They do not care that their nefarious ambition is damaging Nigeria and making us look like a ridiculous Banana republic to the rest of the civilised World !!!!They will not be stopped with 'diplomacy' or "doctrine of neccessity" because they are shamelessly brazen and entirely unreasonable.

Anyway, let us not get ahead of ourselves. Yar Adua may have actually been kicked out by the fed-up Saudi Arabians rather than the notion that he is being brougth back by his kitchen cabinet so that he can regain his position.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Pk001(m): 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2010
annyplenty:

why is BBC always the first to announce Yar'Adua reports? I begin to suspect some foul play.
No Aljazeera Reported first. I watched the anouncement live around 2.am and it only aljazeera that was reporting the proceedings at that time. CNN and BBC where showing someting else.
But wonders shall never end. Why he decide to sneak into the country while the ministers were enroute Jeddah to see him. Infact this man or the people putting this play are jokers. We want you to be health, but please[b] Yaradua quit playing games with your live[/b].
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by violent(m): 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2010
This reminds me of a song we sing during Nursery school days.

Ol' Umaru is dead and gone to his grave
hmnn. . .ahhh. . gone to his grave.

they planted "Nigeria" tree over his head
hmnn. . .ahh. . over his head

The citizens got angry and ready to burst
hmnn. . .ahhh ready to burst

A whirl wind came by and blew them all off
hmnn. . . ahh blew them all off

Then Jonathan cam by to pick em all up
hmnn. . . ahh pick em all up

and Ol'Umaru sneaked in and gave him a knock
hmnn. . . ahh gave him a knock! cool
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Kx: 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2010
watchnta:

The weekly Federal Executive Council meeting scheduled to start at 10 AM is yet to begin even at 11am.

It is so disgusting that the little sigh of relief that Goodluck brought to the nation
would be derailed.

now dat yaradull is back,
-7point agenda 7 times 7 backwardness is back.
-PHCN will now comfortably distribute 700 megawatts for the whole nation.
-FEC meeting will now be resuming by 1.30pm instead of 10.00am.

Its a shame and so so annoying.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by harmeenut: 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2010
Posted by: t.truth

@post:

We don't want all these deluded slaves of allah governing our dear country because all these i-d-i-o-t have destroyed the country.

While appreciating your contribution and not trying to make this thread a divisive one, I think the expression in bold is sentimental and should not have been introduced as it is a clear generalization statement that has no reason coming up into this. We are all victims of a group of cabals that pursue personal interests against the entire nation. I will assume this wasn't intentional but a verbal outburst based on your level of anger (just like mine & millions of Nigerians) as a result of political situation in country.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by oscartawn1: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
Just waiting for the national TV/Radio broadcast,
Waiting patiently. No further comments for now.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by richard69(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
Naija comedy season 1
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by 2sleek2NV(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
Live updates - Yar'Adua's return
By Elizabeth Archibong
February 24, 2010 12:28PM
print   email    

Updates as they happen

1220 - Secretary to Federal government, Yayale Ahmed announces that FEC meeting has been postponed. Private meeting to hold between Jonathan and Ministers by 1400. so that they can cook d lie properly before we are served

1153 - Senate goes ahead to conclude debate amending section 145 of the constitution without any mention of President Yar’Adua’s return.

1135 - Jonathan is waiting, trying to avoid embarrassment by staying away and waiting for the president who is taking eternity to come out

1134 - Senate makes no reference to the president's return and continues session on amendment of Section 145 of the Nigerian constitution. However various groups are seen fervently huddling together during recess.

1131 - A security detail is guarding the president’s chair to ensure Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan does not sit on the chair. na wa o. c plan

♦One hour after the weekly cabinet meeting of ministers was supposed to have commenced, there is no sign that it would hold, as all the ministers have stayed away.

Neither the Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan nor his aides have also turned up. This is very unusual, as they (the Acting President and his aides) always keep to time in past meetings. Mr Jonathan had locked out some ministers from past meeting for lateness.

However, aides to the ailing President, Umaru Yar'Adua who returned to the country, early this morning were seen at the chambers. Mr Yar Adua's (Aide-de-Camp) ADC, Mustapha Onoedieva
and Chief security Officer Yusufu Tilde were seen at the council chambers for a while earlier today, but they also left.

No presidency official is willing to talk yet.

President Umaru Yar'Adua returned to Nigeria early this morning, and was carried from the airport in an ambulance. A terse report on Nigerian Television Authority this morning said he has been taken to a ‘clinic.'

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5531463-146/live_updates_-_yaraduas_return_.csp
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Febcom(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2010
This will be the last chance for nigerians to prove that we will defend this country with our lives, if some cabal thinks the president coming back will make them stay in power till the end of life, we are to prepare for war,
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Lotuken(m): 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
The best thing for him to do is to broadcast thru media (not NTA) but AIT that he resigns his position and need to rest, He should shun Turai completely cos afterall if he died in power,Turai will still have small boy that'd be attending to her , ? Selfish woman.cry:-P:@
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Lotuken(m): 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
The best thing for him to do is to broadcast thru media (not NTA) but AIT that he resigns his position and need to rest, He should shun Turai completely cos afterall if he died in power,Turai will still have small boy that'd be attending to her , ? Selfish woman.cry:-P:@
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by violent(m): 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
****Grabs Popcorn, still whistling "Ol Umaru is dead and gone to his grave" *****

Get your shorts ready buddies, we might be heading towards the greatest mass Protest ever
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by bjcisse: 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
God dey,
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by supereagle(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
There was a report in NL on prophesy by someone that his health will get worse by March. Lets test the prophesy, march is near. Saudi must have bundled him back because of no hope again.If there is hope they will keep him there.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by tunde1200(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
alare is back abi even if we have no light in this country is not there problem.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Pennywise(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2010
Yaradua has arrived but taken to a Clinic!! Is this a prelude to declaring the man dead?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by khanye(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2010
this guy is dead, they should stop wasting our TIME

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=wGv1cI6zr5NDrvT7JqyBGy6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxSSsT8KSBT_nZmAvLgdH$POnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by guente02(m): 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2010
Wat is an ambulance waiting at the airport for {r we sure he is not dead}? Does it mean that our national centurion could not be treated by the experts in Saudi Arabia or what. I'm sure his stay wont be long here in the country coz i dnt believe dat after 120days he is still not ready to carry out his legal duties. Im wishing him a speedy recover oh but lets just keep our fingers cross because the worse is yet to happen in the legislative arm of our government.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Parnassuss(m): 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2010
This is just too good. shocked
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by mcbunde(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2010
The South have ruled for EIGHT years let the North rule for eight years too even if the agreement is a gentleman's agreement, how soon does my Southern brothers forget? Besides what has Obasanjo's 8 years change my life for? What is Yar A'Dua's 4 or 8 years going to add to or take from my life? Think of what you can do for your life and not North or South regional and tribalistic sentiments. Even if Nigeria divide today all of us are going to find a way of surviving. Or are you guys telling me that we cannot survive without Nigeria? Ukraine, Georgia, Lithuania and Russia are marching on without that conglomerate once called U.S.S.R. Let us watch and see what happened with the Maradonaic appearance of Yar A'Dua this early hours of today.
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Integrity7: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2010
Wow, do you believe it? Maybe its OSAMA? We may need to inform the FBI. I need proof. This hide and seek game am putting question mark all over it. Go figure!!
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2010
I can smell a civil war brewing and this time, it will be bloodly,
wher's the guy selling guguru and zobo, abeg bring come? lemme watch naija home video, smchew!
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by ayettymama(f): 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
eeeeya

they brought back his corpse??

whens the funeral?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by Bolarge(m): 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2010
mcbunde:

The South have ruled for EIGHT years let the North rule for eight years too even if the agreement is a gentleman's agreement, how soon does my Southern brothers forget? Besides what has Obasanjo's 8 years change my life for? What is Yar A'Dua's 4 or 8 years going to add to or take from my life? Think of what you can do for your life and not North or South regional and tribalistic sentiments. Even if Nigeria divide today all of us are going to find a way of surviving. Or are you guys telling me that we cannot survive without Nigeria? Ukraine, Georgia, Lithuania and Russia are marching on without that conglomerate once called U.S.S.R. Let us watch and see what happened with the Maradonaic appearance of Yar A'Dua this early hours of today.

What bizzarre cocktail of juxtaposed contradictions have u just penned in this ludicrous write-up?
Re: Yar'adua Returns To Nigeria: Condition Unknown by ohisng(m): 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
No matter what they try, the man has become a vegetable and should be allowed to die with the little honor he has left!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ibrahim Shekarau Welcomes Baby Girl. Photos / BREAKING: Atiku’s Witness Admits Paying N10,000 To Soldiers During Election / Buhari Congratulates Goodluck Jonathan On 62nd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.