Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb (14693 Views)

Poll: Which side will win this 1st leg encounter?

Inter: 61% (42 votes)
Chelsea: 32% (22 votes)
goal less draw?: 1% (1 vote)
Score draw?: 4% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 / AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / UCL: AC Milan Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 15th February 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 25, 2010
I give up on the Mikel issue.
Best without pin pointing any substantive reason.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by wormedup(m): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2010
watch the match again.
i guess the pressure was too much, u didn't notice the works going on.
maybe u were just interested on ivanovic ! tongue
the last time mikel played this well was in 2005 ! i personally think he was better last night.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by FBS: 10:06am On Feb 25, 2010
@BlueDiva, you probably missed all the "dirty" work he did yesterday. He was simply HOT!
I agree with you though that Inter did not come rushing at us like Barca or Real would have done. Well, you know, they are all different teams with different styles of play.

Now, tell us what Ivanovic did aside the assist? Yes I can tell you, nothing. Except you can prove to us otherwise.

Its 6-1 against you B-Diva.  cheesy

@wormedup,
JM is a controversial figure and he does that so well. Some say he does that to take the pressure off his players.
But this one wey him talk say he doesn't lose at the bridge? he just shot himself.  grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Nescoemmy(m): 10:13am On Feb 25, 2010
no matter what chelsea will still qualify 4 da next round
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by chelseabmw(m): 10:53am On Feb 25, 2010
yes of course, we are already at the next round
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by seunspice(m): 11:27am On Feb 25, 2010
I've got to keep my fingers crossed on this one, pity UEFA has ensure the fingers would be crossed for another 3 weeks. I however do believe that all Inter has to do is get a goal at the bridge, but Chelsea as always has a very good chance of going through.
Is it just me or does anyone agree with me that Lampard was not worth his salt last nite?
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by wormedup(m): 11:45am On Feb 25, 2010
@ FBS:
if i read very well, he's actually hinting that his team's being favored ! no
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Sauron1: 12:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Wormy,

In all honesty, Mikel Obi was Chelsea's best player last night which says a lot about the other big players.
Drogba was useless. His first touch and his knack of losing possession is a disgrace.
Anelka and Lampard disappointed too. I have never seen Lampard so ineffective in a big match - He was gash last night.
Ivanovic was immense, Malouda was superb and KALOU was top draw. . . .

The tie is in Chelsea's hands. . . . .
I expect y'all to do the business at the Bridge. It is not possible for Inter to keep Drogba quiet over 2 legs so i am backing him to punish Mourinho.
Inter just took their chances very well but on the balance of play, Chelsea were the better team.
The 2nd leg should be a cracker.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by FBS: 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
@wormedup
Yeah. Even though he said he did not "see" the penalty (a-la Wenger who normally doesn't see anything any time it favors his team) he did admit that Chelsea deserved a point last night.
Not only was it a penalty to Chelsea, Samuel, should have been red carded and with 10 v 11? Who knows what might have happened.

But really, I wasn't even referring to that article. I was just talking on general terms. Heck I admire JM a lot.

People get irritated when he talks, but I just love it. Besides, most of the stuff you even read on papers are all cooked up stories by lazy journalists.

If I want authentic info on his comments, I go straight to inter.it  cheesy
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by lawrence83: 12:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
illusion2:

balotelli is a goon. . . he can't run,can't mark. . . he just bounces arund like he owns the world.

Inter should have scored more if this lad had been more enterprising.

I don't think he'll ever make the Italian senior team.

He lacks the passion necessary to succeed at this level .
That guy just was too arrogant
I really dont know what he was feeling like
but he had a nice game all in all.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by lawrence83: 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2010
I realy cant wait for the second leg
JM might just throw in 9 defenders behind the ball
That guy could do anything to win that match
Sentiment apart. i really dont see chelsea winning that match, may be a draw
and now that cech is out . . . . .psssf!
That hilario guy could be hilarious in goal.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
@FBS,

Funny enough, people in the office have been praising Mikel too. grin

JM can talk all he likes, that's what makes him JM.
I know we will qualify.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by chrisical(m): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
We are still very much in this tie.The overall display was good yesterday but i think Stamford bridge is where we have delivered our best performances this season so come around INTER.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by FBS: 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
BlueDiva:

@FBS,

Funny enough, people in the office have been praising Mikel too. grin

JM can talk all he likes, that's what makes him JM.
I know we will qualify.
@BlueDiva. hehehe. That makes it 60 - 1 against you. Surely you cannot come back from this.  grin
Mikel was the "engine" room yesterday.

You are spot on the rest.  cheesy
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by switch47(m): 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2010
INTER MILAN!!   for eternity!! grin grin grin Chelsea will not qualify. inter is capable of doing their thing even at stamford. watch out!!
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by jalether(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
switch47:

INTER MILAN!! for eternity!! grin grin grin Chelsea will not qualify. inter is capable of doing their thing even at stamford. watch out!!

Switch is back cheesy, guy how far
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Pharoh: 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2010
switch47:

INTER MILAN!!   for eternity!! grin grin grin     Chelsea will not qualify. inter is capable of doing their thing even at stamford. watch out!!

Forza Inter  grin grin Milan
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by chidyke77(m): 7:10pm On Feb 25, 2010
Mikel was outstanding last nite bt d bridge must fall in 3wks time.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by stede(m): 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2010
mourinho was just fortunate to get chelsea down, chelsea really dominated the game and this speks au the game is going to go at Stamford bridge,
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by naso2(m): 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
I think Chelsea played well. The penalty and the DD freekick were simply painful.

I respect Ancelotti's approach of keeping Maicon busy on how to manage KALOU , thereby making it difficult for him to exploit the weakness in a makeshift LB.

Anelka and Lampard were just poor.

I cant see that inter defence holding DD in the second leg.
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by atiku07(m): 9:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
all i know is dat inter are comming to stamford bridge to meet their waterloo.

case closed

moreover mikel is mom
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by switch47(m): 10:33pm On Feb 25, 2010
atiku07:

all i know is dat inter are comming to stamford bridge to meet their waterloo.

case closed

moreover mikel is mom
case is not closed until the final blow in the second leg. and if Inter milan can overcome chelsea initial gra gra. it is all over!! Inter will do wonders !! cool
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by dyabman(m): 11:28pm On Feb 25, 2010
Inter will wonder off!
Re: Champions League: Inter Milan Vs Chelsea [2 - 1] On Wed, 24 Feb by Daboncrush(m): 1:01am On Mar 05, 2010
Inter will demolish chelsea in the next match.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Eden Hazard To Chelsea FC? / Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 21st April 2012 / Arsenal Vs QPR (2 - 1) On 26th December 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.