Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Toyota Camry Gear Doesn't Select - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Gear Doesn't Select (1653 Views)

My Gear Doesn't Engage When Placed On Drive (D) / Pls Help, My Toyota Camry Gear Is Giving Me Issue / My Car Doesn't Select 'D' Gear Unless When Fired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry Gear Doesn't Select by Fairboy(m): 11:10am On Sep 05, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,
Please advice me, l have a 1999 Toyota Camry (Pencil Light) that the automatic gear does not select to a higher gear while in motion. Trying to accelerate the car, the speedometer needle will be slow but the RPM needle will shoot up immediately thereby making a huge uncomfortable noise. The gear oil level is on gauge and still the noise is still be persistent. Please what can be the cause and how can it be resolved?
Re: Toyota Camry Gear Doesn't Select by honmusa(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
Fairboy:
Hello Nairalanders,
Please advice me, l have a 1999 Toyota Camry (Pencil Light) that the automatic gear does not select to a higher gear while in motion. Trying to accelerate the car, the speedometer needle will be slow but the RPM needle will shoot up immediately thereby making a huge uncomfortable noise. The gear oil level is on gauge and still the noise is still be persistent. Please what can be the cause and how can it be resolved?
You need to data stream the status of shift solenoid 1 and 2 while the car is on motion with a professional scan tool .And you need to confirm all the status of all input signals .
i can help with the diagnosis if you can locate my workshop this week.

Re: Toyota Camry Gear Doesn't Select by Fairboy(m): 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Please where is your workshop
You need to data stream the status of shift solenoid 1 and 2 while the car is on motion with a professional scan tool .And you need to confirm all the status of all input signals .

[/quote]
Re: Toyota Camry Gear Doesn't Select by Fairboy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
[quote author=honmusa post=60153141]

Please where is your workshop located?
Re: Toyota Camry Gear Doesn't Select by honmusa(m): 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
Charlie boy bus stop along Gbagada oshodi expressway

(1) (Reply)

Price Of Alloy Rim For Honda Pilot 2005 Model / Your Take On 2010 Passat Cc / Mercedes Benz C180 Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.