Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? (1639 Views)

Between Buying A new Car And Getting Married / 27-Year-Old Man Batters Lover For Denying Him Sex After Buying A Phone For Her / What Qualities Do You Look Out For Before Agreeing On A Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Gbemiie: 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
I created this thread here because this is where i can get quick response. Please I need this information to avoid making mistakes and wasting my money on undurable laptop computer.

I want to know what best laptop brands available and the best prices one can get them.

I heard a UK used laptop computer is more cheap and durable please how true is this? How much can one get such and is it really wise for me to purchase a UK used laptop computer?

What should i look out for before purchasing a particular laptop computer? Thanks alot as I patiently await your helping answers
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Laryne(m): 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
When you have money you don't need to look out for anything. Just go to their verified shopping outlet and your money will do the rest.

1 Like

Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Gbemiie: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
Laryne:
When you have money you don't need to look out for anything. Just go to their verified shopping outlet and your money will do the rest.

I mean, the best brands that can be durable, long battery life and all that.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by HausaOverlord: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ram,
HDD space
Processor speed
Screen size Nd resolution
It still depends on what u wanna use the pc for

1 Like

Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Hashimyussufamao(m): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
op emi tun fo fun wo o ...laptop 4romance forum! chai devil is a liar
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Gbemiie: 12:33pm On Sep 05, 2017
HausaOverlord:
Ram,
HDD space
Processor speed
Screen size Nd resolution
It still depends on what u wanna use the pc for

Thanks for attempting to help. But please explain further. What's HDD space? And do you have any specific brand you can approve me to buy? I want to do online business with it; blogging, freelancing.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Gbemiie: 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
op emi tun fo fun wo o ...laptop 4romance forum! chai devil is a liar

Read the OP again. I stated my reason and appologized.

Please help me with more audience
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Laryne(m): 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gbemiie:

I mean, the best brands that can be durable, long battery life and all that.

Brotherly HP anytime. .. I've been using it since 2012 yet no complain. ..
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Gbemiie: 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
Laryne:

Wow. Thank you. How much are we talking about? And can i get a UK used one?

I'm not 'brother'.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by HausaOverlord: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gbemiie:

Thanks for attempting to help. But please explain further. What's HDD space? And do you have any specific brand you can approve me to buy? I want to do online business with it; blogging, freelancing.
the HDD is the systems internal memory, wic usaully ranges from 250, 500 and 1 terabyte.
Depending on how much space u need for the one that suits u, most hp and dell laptops are cheap and durable. What do u exactly need the pc for as that will determine what's best for u.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Hashimyussufamao(m): 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gbemiie:

Read the OP again. I stated my reason and appologized.
Please help me with more audience Cc Lalasticlala
#tor!
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Laryne(m): 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gbemiie:

I'm not 'brother'.

Sorry sisterly! I didn't check.

When I got mine it was 70k, yet it could be cheaper now with more models out. I really don't know how you can get a london use...
I'll advice you try and get a new one cause all those London use... except the person is reliable, I don't trust them.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Laryne(m): 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
HausaOverlord:
Ram, HDD space Processor speed Screen size Nd resolution It still depends on what u wanna use the pc for
True.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Gbemiie: 1:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
HausaOverlord:
the HDD is the systems internal memory, wic usaully ranges from 250, 500 and 1 terabyte.
Depending on how much space u need for the one that suits u, most hp and dell laptops are cheap and durable. What do u exactly need the pc for as that will determine what's best for u.

I want to use the pc for blogging. What are the cheapest prices available right now? Someone said HP is perfect, agree?
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by HausaOverlord: 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gbemiie:

I want to use the pc for blogging. What are the cheapest prices available right now? Someone said HP is perfect, agree?
since it's for blogging u can get a cheap low end of for 40 - 50 grand
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by rose54321: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
- RAM: though depending on what you do, I'll recommend 4gb.
- Processor: for Africa particularly hotter regions Intel is preferred to AMD.
- Model: I would recommend HP or dell. Dell seem to have a wider spec variety.

For all gadgets except phones I always recommend getting a new product, i.e. not used. Though most times our budget cannot support that, so you can get a UK used but get a popular model that has lots of reviews; use sites like CNET, techradar, etc.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Gbemiie: 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
rose54321:
- RAM: though depending on what you do, I'll recommend 4gb.
- Processor: for Africa particularly hotter regions Intel is preferred to AMD.
- Model: I would recommend HP or dell. Dell seem to have a wider spec variety.

For all gadgets except phones I always recommend getting a new product, i.e. not used. Though most times our budget cannot support that, so you can get a UK used but get a popular model that has lots of reviews; use sites like CNET, techradar, etc.

Thank you alot. Doesn't HP have good processor? 'Intel'? Nobody is talking about battery life. Is it something to bother myself over?
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by rose54321: 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gbemiie:

Thank you alot. Doesn't HP have good processor? 'Intel'? Nobody is talking about battery life. Is it something to bother myself over?

HP, as with all other laptop brands, use both processor type, so in other words you'll find HP laptops with either an AMD or intel processor. It's then left for the buyer to choose the latter.

I'll recommend intel i7 ( that's if it's within your budget). We also have i5 and i3, older models.

Personally I don't think battery life is that important considering most laptops on average (before depreciating) can last for about 1hr 30mins.
New laptop models now have non replaceable batteries, so they are made more durable.

For me one of the most important things was portability, I needed something very light (asper a lady na). So that played a huge role in my choice.
So I guess it kinda depends on you, will you be playing games that need a higher Processor or using applications (like adobe premier Pro) that need an external graphic card.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Windflower(f): 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
Laryne:

HP is good but not the best. The laptop battery doesn't stay long,also the neck of the screen start shaking when its not stationed in a place
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Laryne(m): 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
Windflower:

HP is good but not the best. The laptop battery doesn't stay long,also the neck of the screen start shaking when its not stationed in a place

Then it depends on usage... I've never experienced my screen shaking; in regards to battery, mine used to last 5 to six hours but now it last about 2 hours. ..
I strongly believe the efficacy of all this gadget has to do with handling.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Gbemiie: 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
Windflower:

Hello ma! Please do say your reasons for the above notables. What model would you say one should get then? And please, how best can one cennect internet to the pc? A modem or can i use my phone's internet to run it just fine? Seeing what I what to use the gadget for. Thanks (I feel so much like a novice right now).

cc rose54321
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Gbemiie: 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
rose54321:

HP, as with all other laptop brands, use both processor type, so in other words you'll find HP laptops with either an AMD or intel processor. It's then left for the buyer to choose the latter.

I'll recommend intel i7 ( that's if it's within your budget). We also have i5 and i3, older models.

Personally I don't think battery life is that important considering most laptops on average (before depreciating) can last for about 1hr 30mins.
New laptop models now have non replaceable batteries, so they are made more durable.

For me one of the most important things was portability, I needed something very light (asper a lady na). So that played a huge role in my choice.
So I guess it kinda depends on you, will you be playing games that need a higher Processor or using applications (like adobe premier Pro) that need an external graphic card.

Great job! Thanks for the detailed information. For a minute you started sounding like an outlet of the commodity. Lol.

I see intel is the best processor to chose from. I15, i13, i17? I wish i knew the price of the latter but I'll make an informed choice when I do! (having gotten some insights from a savvy perhapes.)

The gadget is solely for business, I dont play games. Not even on my smart phones. But I know I'd be using heavy applications, suerly.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Windflower(f): 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2017
Gbemiie:

Hello ma! Please do say your reasons for the above notables. What model would you say one should get then? And please, how best can one cennect internet to the pc? A modem or can i use my phone's internet to run it just fine? Seeing what I what to use the gadget for. Thanks (I feel so much like a novice right now).

cc rose54321
I used a HP and noticed the above point,if it were me I would prefer dell with the following specification especially what you plan on using it for(processor frequency 2.6mghz,preferably 6 or 8gig ram,hard disc -1 terabyte) proccessor either core i3 or i5.
Its solely depends on your pocket,core i3 ranges from 149,000 above while core i5 starts from 190,000
If you can get a reliable source, you can also opt for London use. I could remember my brother priced a core i3(london use) for 100,000 last month.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
Gbemiie:
I created this thread here because this is where i can get quick response. Please I need this information to avoid making mistakes and wasting my money on undurable laptop computer.

I want to know what best laptop brands available and the best prices one can get them.

I heard a UK used laptop computer is more cheap and durable please how true is this? How much can one get such and is it really wise for me to purchase a UK used laptop computer?

What should i look out for before purchasing a particular laptop computer? Thanks alot as I patiently await your helping answers

What's the laptop for ?

If CPU intensive tasks like Compiling, Rendering , Computation get an Intel i5 upwards

If 3D Graphics and Gaming get Intel i5 upwards and a Nvidia GPU if moderate gaming get AMD laptop

Mostly I would advise from Toshiba, HP and Lenovo
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by bestlaptopss: 5:48am On May 03, 2021
Things are better when you are surfing over the internet pages. You can get the best gaming laptop under $1500 once you are starting your searches through online websites. Also check on the brand names as you can see multiple brands all over the world.
Re: What Should One Look Out For When Buying A Laptop Computer? by JoshuaAkinmi(m): 6:41am On May 03, 2021
Gbemiie:

I'm not 'brother'.

08138803091. I am a laptop sales. I will give u a very good one. Just make sure the cooling fan is Rolling and the model number Talley's with the configuration. Then U are good to go

(1) (Reply)

She Said She's Not Interested Anymore,few Hours To Her Introduction / Mum's Go Naked For Photoshoot. What Do You Think? / Helllppppp.. Am Finished ( Advice Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.