Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation (8142 Views)

President Buhari Fulfils His Promise To Igbo Traders In Aba (photos, Videos) / The Igbo Nation Should Forget The Politics Of Nigeria And Focus On Independence / Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by 989900: 9:28am On Sep 06, 2017
PentiumPro:
The so called Lagosian igbos have heard the different sides of the stories about Nigeria and have had long contact with other Nigerians to under the different shades and nuances that make up this awesome and complex country, and that we all have common enemies that are majorly the elites from all Nigeria tribes without exception

On the other the igbotic home grown and based igbos have not been able to understand Nigeria above what they are told by their parents and uncles. They see an average other Nigerian as part of their own problem and a reason why he or she is still a failure at over 30 yrs without anyyhing tangible to point to as achievement outside the igbotic achieved Bsc grin

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAMEST!!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by Develpeast: 9:29am On Sep 06, 2017
You are being emotional, so as other people too. I have said times without number, if they are not seeing a better or atleast the same alternative, they will not support biafra. This is a very strong problem you will get from diaspora igbos staying and making money in different parts of the country apart from igboland. These guys have grown comfortable and are making so much money. You want someone to leave his comfort zone to start all over? You have an advantage in them, that is, eat their monies. They are willing to donate millions of money to the development of igboland which will in turn look sexier for them to move. I am not just talking about lagos igbos, i am talking about the general diaspora igbos who do not live or do business in the east.

From my estimated calculation, we can generate as high as 2 trillion naira yearly if we engage these diaspora igbos in the development process of the igboland. It is when you look at the economic aspect of biafra, that many businessmen and professionals will answer you. the rest will just look at you and laugh. I am very serious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by 989900: 9:33am On Sep 06, 2017
prodigy24:

[s]First of all I want to thank you for your sincere opinion.
However, I was very careful that is why I did not generalise. I used the word
"Some" so you are out of the list.
I grew up in Lagos with my parents, though I was not born there. I have many cousin who grew up there too, and when you hear them talk,You spit. Honestly its disheartening, the Igbo Americans are very Igbo to the core, you need to see igbofest and some other programs being organized by young people of Igbo extraction in American. They pride themselves as Igbo America. They wear it like crown. Example Jidenna, look at that young man, he carries Igbo on head like gala. Compare him with Lagos born artists like Gideon okeke, samklef and DJ zeez. These three persons s are Igbo born with no respect for Igbo culture. They are very despicable.

Then, to those points you raised.
1. Yes Igbo people are very Republican in nature.

2. There are divergent opinions in the East. It is very healthy if you ask me. I don't really like the herds mentality. It encourages incompetence.
3. Yes, very true, it is very healthy. But you will agree with me that,these people may differ but only on methodology of Nnamdi KANU. They will never insult the
Igbo people and its culture in any way..

But I don't want to centre this discussion on nnamdi KANU. Let us focus on the topic.
4. Lagos is, but it doesn't explain why they chose to be ignorant and silly. I went to secondary school in Lagos, and university in the East. I have the first hand information on what I'm saying. I met these so called lasgidis in school, their reasoning was very uncultured and annoying. They prefer speaking Yoruba to Igbo. I picked a fight with them occasionally. I exposed and shredded them. That they became very ashamed of themselves. They would think they are better than Eastern Igbo, they will be quick to label someone igbotic. In fact I took it very personal if I hear someone say igbotic in derogatory way back then in school.
5. No, their own divergent opinion is always laced with staggering ignorance! They don't know what Nigeria is. To them they are being carried away with what they see on the screen.
6. We may have not had the kind of leadership we deserve, but remember. Most of our leaders are suffering from defeatism. They were humiliated during the war. So I'm not counting on them again.

We are the one that will produce the renowned leader we are seeking for, and that's why Nnamdi a British Igbo had to step up. Many will follow too.

However, What I am saying has nothing to do with leadership. It is the attitude of some of our people born and brought up in Lagos. How about Igbo Americans that have been very formidable? Who is mentoring them?
Yes, you have actually given me the excuses, on why they are very problematic and ignorant.
Igbo lagosians like you need to do more to save this trend. It is becoming embarrassing.
They have this fantasy that's beclouding their reasoning, maybe because of what they see on the screen.I just don't know[/s].

Crapola.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by onyegwu(m): 9:33am On Sep 06, 2017
What is the ideology of the Eastern base Igbo that's where u should start from and not the other way round. I schooled in the east and I also witness the way they behave and carry them selves. The eastern brought ups are filled with so much hate wap ideas. They have refuse to liberate them selves with the ideas and stories handed down to them with liberality but instead they took it hook, line and sinker all at once. They want u to hate like them follow traditions that are not progressive be hostile follow the syndrome of u should make it whether hook or crook. What is the complain the Op is even making so that we can tackle it head on with him because he could not point exactly what the Lagos Igbo's have done wrong. What is wrong in speaking the Language u understand with another person that understands it too? Your Governors and traditional rulers who are Igbo custodians what have they been able to do in the east with all their Igbo wholesomeness. Lagos is progressive because of the liberality so if an Igbo Lagos brought up has caught into it leave them and face your wholesomeness as an Igbo eastern brought up. Nobody cares about that it doesn't put food on the table.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by Develpeast: 9:35am On Sep 06, 2017
What some people here are saying is pure false. Many people do not want identify with biafra because it is based utopia. A country where everything becomes wonderful and freedom is 100%. Many of these diaspora igbos are well schooled and you need a better argument than that. What I am saying is through critical research on the minds of the educated elites who are still watching from the sidelines. Igbos need to try as much as possible to engage the igbos who do not live in igboland. The present economic situation of the east doesnt look smart or nice for someone to move just like that. You will need to start telling yourselves the truth.

Like I said before now, biafra will be better if you start building it now because the vote in referendum might not really favour you if the diasporans decide to come vote against it for the fear of losing much of their assets. You need to start saying what they want to hear. engage them in the developmental process of the east, so that they can first expand their base to the east before moving fully to the east. You should not force them, it should be a natural process.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by Develpeast: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2017
We need to critically look at the young igbos who were not born in the east. They are getting their first cultural influence from the state they live. Some are becoming very loud and unintelligent as you can see in nairaland. Some do not understand the language not to talk of speaking it. Some are been brainwashed that the village is a very dangerous place. I tell you the later is rife in different diaspora families. You need to understand that the igbo problem is 70% our fault and we need to start working to kill this acculturation killing the next generation of igbos.

I have been to many geopolitical zones, I mean all the geopolitical zones, our cultural influence on these boys is diminishing very fast. We must develop a robust educational system which will make all igbo kids to have their secondary education in the east. They need to be instilled our values because, if our present fathers die now, we will be nearing extinction.

Igbos should fight the right fight and the right time.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by Develpeast: 9:44am On Sep 06, 2017
I wanted to create a thread where every igbo will raise the igbo challenge and we will find solutions to it together. I will gather every problem and solution and send it to WIC, ohaneze ndigbo, many senators, governors and as much emails I can get. We love to walk on high heels not knowing that the ground is wet.

The igbo problem is real, and in the next 20years, we might have people who identify with the igbo race.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 9:44am On Sep 06, 2017
Freemancipation:
Here is my opinion. There are igbos who have made it big in Nigeria. They have attained great successes inspite of the dysfunctional system Nigeria has. Some of them have gotten comfortable in that system because they made it. A lot of these igbos live in Lagos and some of them see Biafra agitation as the excuse Nigerian people and government will use to steal and destroy their hard earn wealth; their sweat and blood. So these people understandably are against Biafra even though they know that what Nnamdi Kanu is saying is true.

The goal for IPOB is to get the the international community involved through sanctioning Nigeria if they try to plunder people's wealth after Biafra referendum. IPOB still has a lot of work to do.

What you said is true, but what my post is saying is quite different. Look most successful Igbo people are not lagosians infact. If you list top 20 successful Igbo man, no lagosian will be on the list.
The point I'm making, is comparing Igbo lagosians Igbo northerners and Igbo Americans. You will understand where I'm coming from.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

They have sold their rights of ancestry to Oduduwa, they are currently pseudo-Yorubas, they have to prove their unalloyed loyalty to Oduduwa in order to be accepted as proto-Yoruba. They can never be Yoruba in full.

Why are you jealous of their achievements?

I kinda believe you though. You people can do anything. I don't trust you.
It is not achievement in any way, the Igbo Americans and Igbo northerners are not doing badly.
Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 9:48am On Sep 06, 2017
SlayerForever:
I meet Lagos born Igbo very well here in the east(I'm Lagos born myself but currently in the east) and I must tell you when they talk you will shake your head in pity. They are so so ignorant,so silly and so lost. I must be very plain,many of them are just sheep. They have no regard for the culture,they have no regard for the language...Nothing. Growing up outside Igboland has taken it's toll negatively on many of them. They denigrate the Igbo Nation with reckless abandon It is a pity they're foolishly echoing sentiments they absolve from Igbophobic nonentities in Lagos. I must tell you the truth,it is the dust Nnamdi Kanu is raising with the secessionist movement that has made some of them start asking pertinent questions.

Nwanne chukwu gozie GI. I remember my first time I'm the east as a teenager, when I was looking for admission. I have never looked down on anybody, but some of these lasgidi guys are very uncultivated, loud and empty. They would talk about things in Lagos as if they live with it. As if they amount to something. I laugh.
You ask them where are they staying in Lagos. They would start lying. Trust me, I know every nook and cranny of Lagos.
These people know nothing. They will be forming classless swag, with nothing to show for it.

I have been very worried about the development. They don't know what they are doing to themselves.
Check all the artist of Igbo extraction from the east, north and compare it with those from Lagos.

Check out the entrepreneur from these zones too. I have come to feel that there is something wrong somewhere. I may be wrong but it is very very serious. They're not the only people born outside the Igbo land.

Northern born are very Igbo to the core at least majority of them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 9:48am On Sep 06, 2017
ehinmowo:
Money on their minds bro. No time to say no time

By d way, if Nairaland ban you, cawid.com will welcome without restriction
Listen, its not all about the money. They don't make more money than Igbo from other places..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by Develpeast: 9:49am On Sep 06, 2017
onyegwu:
What is the ideology of the Eastern base Igbo that's where u should start from and not the other way round. I schooled in the east and I also witness the way they behave and carry them selves. The eastern brought ups are filled with so much hate wap ideas. They have refuse to liberate them selves with the ideas and stories handed down to them with liberality but instead they took it hook, line and sinker all at once. They want u to hate like them follow traditions that are not progressive be hostile follow the syndrome of u should make it whether hook or crook. What is the complain the Op is even making so that we can tackle it head on with him because he could not point exactly what the Lagos Igbo's have done wrong. What is wrong in speaking the Language u understand with another person that understands it too? Your Governors and traditional rulers who are Igbo custodians what have they been able to do in the east with all their Igbo wholesomeness. Lagos is progressive because of the liberality so if an Igbo Lagos brought up has caught into it leave them and face your wholesomeness as an Igbo eastern brought up. Nobody cares about that it doesn't put food on the table.

I am not hating on the eastern igbo but to say the truth, we need radical rebranding of the entire eastern region. These people need to understand there is need for forward thinking. The economic plan of the east is one of the wackest. Seriously, no real economic plan in the east. Everything happening haphazardly. For there to be meaningful development in the east, we need to really work hard to bring it home or else, biafra or not, we will remain where we are today.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 9:52am On Sep 06, 2017
PentiumPro:
The so called Lagosian igbos have heard the different sides of the stories about Nigeria and have had long contact with other Nigerians to under the different shades and nuances that make up this awesome and complex country, and that we all have common enemies that are majorly the elites from all Nigeria tribes without exception

On the other the igbotic home grown and based igbos have not been able to understand Nigeria above what they are told by their parents and uncles. They see an average other Nigerian as part of their own problem and a reason why he or she is still a failure at over 30 yrs without anyyhing tangible to point to as achievement outside the igbotic achieved Bsc grin
Look, leave that side. Don't even defend these people, if they have actually seen or heard any version it would have been better, but they don't have at all. They are like lost sheep. What about Igbo diasporas, Igbo northerners, why are they not like lagosians? You are not getting my point. Its not about nnamdi KANU...it is has been there since.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 9:55am On Sep 06, 2017
SlayerForever:
Lagos is, but it doesn't explain why they chose to be ignorant and silly. I went to secondary school in Lagos, and university in the East. I have the first hand information on what I'm saying. I met these so called lasgidis in school, their reasoning was very uncultured and annoying. They prefer speaking Yoruba to Igbo. I picked a fight with them occasionally. I exposed and shredded them. That they became very ashamed of themselves. They would think they are better than Eastern Igbo, they will be quick to label someone igbotic.
This basically sums up my lasgidi coursemates in University. Stupid bunch. All of them to be honest. However,label me Igbotic and I revel in it.
You are on point you know what I'm saying.. I have MRT couple of them. It is very shameful. They don't even know anything about themselves.
They don't know their home. And they don't care. They behave like Akatas. .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 9:56am On Sep 06, 2017
walepackage:
Well,let me just chipp in.Studies has shown that behaviour,attitude,thinking or reasoning of"man" are all shape by external coersion(family,culture,religion,education,environment and peers)which they internallize and shape their personality.In an attempt to answer your question op,your "folks men",born and breed in "lagos" wil definately act,behave and reason in a different dimention compare to those at home,not that they looks diferent,but becouse of those factors mentioned aboved.Consciously or subconciously it interplay in their ways and how they perceived certain phenomena.Conclusively,these set of people born and breed outside the"igboland" mostly have wat i call "dual personality and flexible"and those at home usually "rigid and conservative".Its a natural law of "man" not applicable to "igbos"only.My take on it.
You are right, but this is not the case. They have total disregard and poor knowledge of Igbo land and culture, far less than Igbo Americans and Igbo northerners..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by EzeCanada: 9:57am On Sep 06, 2017
prodigy24:

First of all I want to thank you for your sincere opinion.
However, I was very careful that is why I did not generalise. I used the word
"Some" so you are out of the list.
I grew up in Lagos with my parents, though I was not born there. I have many cousin who grew up there too, and when you hear them talk,You spit. Honestly its disheartening, the Igbo Americans are very Igbo to the core, you need to see igbofest and some other programs being organized by young people of Igbo extraction in American. They pride themselves as Igbo America. They wear it like crown. Example Jidenna, look at that young man, he carries Igbo on head like gala. Compare him with Lagos born artists like Gideon okeke, samklef and DJ zeez. These three persons s are Igbo born with no respect for Igbo culture. They are very despicable.

Then, to those points you raised.
1. Yes Igbo people are very Republican in nature.

2. There are divergent opinions in the East. It is very healthy if you ask me. I don't really like the herds mentality. It encourages incompetence.
3. Yes, very true, it is very healthy. But you will agree with me that,these people may differ but only on methodology of Nnamdi KANU. They will never insult the
Igbo people and its culture in any way..

But I don't want to centre this discussion on nnamdi KANU. Let us focus on the topic.
4. Lagos is, but it doesn't explain why they chose to be ignorant and silly. I went to secondary school in Lagos, and university in the East. I have the first hand information on what I'm saying. I met these so called lasgidis in school, their reasoning was very uncultured and annoying. They prefer speaking Yoruba to Igbo. I picked a fight with them occasionally. I exposed and shredded them. That they became very ashamed of themselves. They would think they are better than Eastern Igbo, they will be quick to label someone igbotic. In fact I took it very personal if I hear someone say igbotic in derogatory way back then in school.
5. No, their own divergent opinion is always laced with staggering ignorance! They don't know what Nigeria is. To them they are being carried away with what they see on the screen.
6. We may have not had the kind of leadership we deserve, but remember. Most of our leaders are suffering from defeatism. They were humiliated during the war. So I'm not counting on them again.

We are the one that will produce the renowned leader we are seeking for, and that's why Nnamdi a British Igbo had to step up. Many will follow too.

However, What I am saying has nothing to do with leadership. It is the attitude of some of our people born and brought up in Lagos. How about Igbo Americans that have been very formidable? Who is mentoring them?
Yes, you have actually given me the excuses, on why they are very problematic and ignorant.
Igbo lagosians like you need to do more to save this trend. It is becoming embarrassing.
They have this fantasy that's beclouding their reasoning, maybe because of what they see on the screen.I just don't know.

Lest I forget to mention that I commend your passion. Your observations as regards the attitude of Ndi Igbo resident in Lagos are valid. But then, this is also correct for all Igbos. For Igbo is Igbo and there is no such thing as Igbo Lagosian or what have you.

Just like the Igbos control the movie industry, the Yorubas on the other hand are masters of the media. You have to give it to them. They own and control influential media houses in Nigeria and use them to their astronomical advantage. Lagos is the operational base of majority of these media houses.

Therefore one could be right to say that the opinion, psychology and the thought processes -over the years- of majority of the Igbos resident in Lagos and other south west states are constantly being shaped by news/information emanating from these Yoruba owned media houses being the direct recipients.

Imagine the impact of being strategically fed with propaganda through out your life? You should then begin to see why I summerised it as a leadership failure from Igbo leaders.

Don't forget that these information from these media houses are basis for which social, political, cultural and economic debates and discussion are shaped.

Ever thought of the collosal impact the above mentioned points already fermented on the psyc of your "Igbo Logosians". What are young Igbo minds being fed daily by Yoruba controlled media, schools etc? Food for thoughts

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 9:57am On Sep 06, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Which one is Lagos Igbo?....igbo is igbo....you guys should stop sidelining some people...they are as Igbo as the ones in the SE..must everybody agree to the same thing?
That's not what I'm saying. I'm not saying we should agree, but they don't even know themselves
Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by babyfaceafrica: 9:59am On Sep 06, 2017
prodigy24:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm not saying we should agree, but they don't even know themselves
and you are the one to tell them?..they are not kids..let the do what they like!!!
Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 9:59am On Sep 06, 2017
Basic123:
this guys shouldn't be bothered that lagos is lagosizing and yorubanizing their folks na.I thought lagos is a no mans landgrin

It is sickening, I have lost so many relatives to Yoruba. They think not like Igbo man again. They have been assimilated completely that they speak ill of Igbo more than afonja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by realhumanity: 9:59am On Sep 06, 2017
Tackle the economy of the east first and watch Igbo's move enmasse back to the east.
Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 10:06am On Sep 06, 2017
onyegwu:

Chai! See the spot here...
Where did you get the version that the Igbo in the east is full of hate! This is same narrative the Yoruba and Hausa have been selling and here you are buying it..
Which story are you talking about? Before Nnamdi KANU who talks about biafra in the east? Nobody!. It was never a topic anywhere.
Ok, let me accept what you said about the se Igbo, how about northern Igbo and Igbo Americans?
Dear brethren, read this again and again, you will indeed understand where I'm coming from. This my brother has exhibited what I have been saying...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
and you are the one to tell them?..they are not kids..let the do what they like!!!
Are you Igbo? If you are not please don't bother

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2017
989900:

Crapola.
do I know you.?
Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by babyfaceafrica: 10:08am On Sep 06, 2017
prodigy24:

Are you Igbo? If you are not please don't bother
na u sabi

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2017
Develpeast:
You are being emotional, so as other people too. I have said times without number, if they are not seeing a better or atleast the same alternative, they will not support biafra. This is a very strong problem you will get from diaspora igbos staying and making money in different parts of the country apart from igboland. These guys have grown comfortable and are making so much money. You want someone to leave his comfort zone to start all over? You have an advantage in them, that is, eat their monies. They are willing to donate millions of money to the development of igboland which will in turn look sexier for them to move. I am not just talking about lagos igbos, i am talking about the general diaspora igbos who do not live or do business in the east.

From my estimated calculation, we can generate as high as 2 trillion naira yearly if we engage these diaspora igbos in the development process of the igboland. It is when you look at the economic aspect of biafra, that many businessmen and professionals will answer you. the rest will just look at you and laugh. I am very serious.
See brother, you are not getting my point read my post again ...I'm not talking about leaving Lagos or having a better Biafra.
The some Igbo lagosians have so much disregard for Igbo culture and Igbo land compare them to northern Igbo, Igbo Americans and Igbo diasporas
Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 10:11am On Sep 06, 2017
realhumanity:
Tackle the economy of the east first and watch Igbo's move enmasse back to the east.
Nwanne soup wet sweet na money make am.
However' I'm not saying anything about the economy for now.
Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by SlayerForever: 10:18am On Sep 06, 2017
prodigy24:

Nwanne chukwu gozie GI. I remember my first time I'm the east as a teenager, when I was looking for admission. I have never looked down on anybody, but some of these lasgidi guys are very uncultivated, loud and empty. They would talk about things in Lagos as if they live with it. As if they amount to something. I laugh.
You ask them where are they staying in Lagos. They would start lying. Trust me, I know every nook and cranny of Lagos.
These people know nothing. They will be forming classless swag, with nothing to show for it.

I have been very worried about the development. They don't know what they are doing to themselves.
Check all the artist of Igbo extraction from the east, north and compare it with those from Lagos.

Check out the entrepreneur from these zones too. I have come to feel that there is something wrong somewhere. I may be wrong but it is very very serious. They're not the only people born outside the Igbo land.

Northern born are very Igbo to the core at least majority of them.

To be honest I don't know what is causing this apathy to Igbo issues on the part of those born in lagos. While in Lagos,I wasn't the overly proud Igbo type I am now but I never looked down on my people. Never. Infact,I frowned at Yoruba behaviour and lifestyle,it was mostly bullshit to me. But about these bunch we're talking about here,these ones are something else. To be honest these ones are efulefu,no other way to put it. They carry Yoruba on the head,they denigrate the Igbo Nation etc. My brother I can only point the blaming finger at the parents of these people,I think they're not doing enough to enculture the kids with necessary tidbits to ensure the kids know who they are. Chineke nyelu anyi aka.
Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by SlayerForever: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2017
prodigy24:

You are on point you know what I'm saying.. I have MRT couple of them. It is very shameful. They don't even know anything about themselves.
They don't know their home. And they don't care. They behave like Akatas. .

Akata is even a praise. They behave like mumu.
Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by prodigy24: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2017
EzeCanada:

Lest I forget to mention that I commend your passion. Your observations as regards the attitude of Ndi Igbo resident in Lagos are valid. But then, this is also correct for all Igbos. For Igbo is Igbo and there is no such thing as Igbo Lagosian or what have you.

Just like the Igbos control the movie industry, the Yorubas on the other hands are masters of the media. You have to give it to them. They own and control influential media houses in Nigeria and use them to their astronomical advantage. Lagos is the operational base of majority of these media houses.

Therefore one could be right to say that the opinion, psychology and the thought processes -over the years- of majority of the Igbos resident in Lagos and other south west states are constantly being shaped by news/information emanating from these Yoruba owned media houses being the direct recipients.

Imagine the impact of being strategically fed with propaganda through out your life? You should then begin to see why I summerised it as a leadership failure from Igbo leaders.

Don't forget that these information from these media houses are basis for which social, political, cultural and economic debates and discussion are shaped.

Ever thought of the collosal impact the above mentioned points already fermented on the psyc of your "Igbo Logosians". What are young Igbo minds being fed daily by Yoruba controlled media, schools etc? Food for thoughts

Nwanne! Nara aka ato! Nna GI muru GI!
You have made a huge point! And let me add also that these things are all deliberate.
I was told by a Yoruba friend that, they ate raising a crop of Igbo extraction in Lagos that will deal with us. I did not understand what he meant in 2010. Now in seeing it.
I don't want to blame them for this, I'm only blaming our people for falling prey. Just recently,Gideon okeke said" fvcck Biafra " I was like, even I you don't support it, someone like that should not use the word to describe our collective history another one said, who Igbo language help? These are the kind of behavior you will be getting from them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by SlayerForever: 10:21am On Sep 06, 2017
[s]
PentiumPro:

[/s]

Some yoruba people ehn. Sense...nada
Re: Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2017
prodigy24:

Listen, its not all about the money. They don't make more money than Igbo from other places..

I think you lost ur brains. Easterners make all their money outside the east. The numbers bare it all.

For the answer to your question. Watch the video where Nnamdi solicited for guns and bullets.

And that sh!t about Ibo people being "republicans". .. from the way IPOB has enslaved the masses of the east.... it is highly improbable... they are most likely socialist... at least the easterners ibos are.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Groups To Rally Against Killings, Kidnapping In Southwest / The Most Developed State In The South South Region / Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.