Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers (17881 Views)

Cheap Bought Brand New 2013 Range Rover Hse Vogue / Tokunbo 2006 Range Rover HSE Vogue / Registered 2004 Range Rover HSE Vogue (SOLD)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Onwan,

Like i promised you yesterday, this is why i gave the advise that i gave you. It really doesn't make me a whole lotta difference in the vehicle that you ended up with but at least you will have all the info of what you are getting into.

The RR HSE in my opinion is probably the most graceful and elegant Jeep out there. It commands the respect that other jeeps can only dream of.

Last year, a friend of mine was looking into getting the RR HSE. I have read a lot of negative things about the car online in terms of reliability so i advised him against it. But nonetheless, i set out to do my own investigation.

I believe that as a dealer, you should know enough about the car you are trying to sell as much as the buyer (If not more). At least you can advise in the potential pitfalls the client's choice(s) may bring.

My investigation led me to a small independent RR repair shop near my house here in California called "INLAND ROVERS". I spoke with the owner of the place who has owned the business for about 15years. The shop has since moved to a bigger location but the picture is the former location i went to. What i heard is too long to explain here. In short summary, i won't personally buy the car myself. I will rent one if i want to drive one.   grin

Even though the owner's wife's vehicle doesn't have any problem, not all owners are that lucky. I chose to speak with people like that cos they don't have anything at stake in whether or not i buy the car (i informed him that the car is for export).

However, if i buy the car and send it to my friend and he start having problems, it will reflect bad on me cos he will think i bought a bad vehicle. All they will be saying is that "Kunle bought the car". Forgetting that i didn't make it.

The above are just my opinion which might or might not translate to yours. At least i can share it with you.

Good luck in your choices.

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
^^ Gbam, Kunle, you have said enuff, I second you cool Now Onwan continue calling my precious SUV 6 seater Bus, You can go for the problematic Range, tongue grin Onwan can just make you hate your car angry sad But hell no, I am even loving my SUV better, a car that makes you feel like you are on top of the world,what else? Perfermonce,reliability is the best, Only few Nissan users complain of wiring problem, I drive several Nissan products and I am loving it. Before I bought my 2006 Nissan Maxima SE 3 years ago, people were saying this and that; they were discouraging me, I am telling you today that apart from the Servicing and Oil change, I haven't replaced anything on it, even your foreseen-problematic 'range' shocks tongue.And anytime I am going on a long trip, I jump on my Maxima, my Pathfinder always rest at home, only on special occassion, it drives me out. I reject Range in Jesus Name
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Kunle-A (I'm sorry I put the wrong name earlier)
Thanks for your input as always, I really appreciate your concern. The thing for me is that apart from the Range, G Wagon (that's about it), the closest to it is the Hummer H2 - which from what I found out (I actually approached someone who has one at Cool Cafe the other day - black lovely thing) is a guzzler. The fuel seems to be the only down-side of the hummer H2.

Except someone in the house has a different view - especially regarding the day-to-day use.

The guy I approached actually told me the Hummer H2 is simply a drive off vehicle BUT has a minus of fuel consumption. For me its a professional vehicle. He also said he rarely drives it due to the fuel thing BUT again, the Range/Sport/LR3 and the G Wagon are gradually looking like THE options.

@Freshmoney
Maxima?, pathfinder? - Im trying to place you Bre but its hard; why are you doing this to yourself? Im not trying to say Nissan is just for losers BUT I mean check it generally;

An 06 Maxima wears out within 6 months of use (It depreciates terribly) with those funny china looking torch light things at the rear - at Tokumbo, they look ok but 6 months into use they look like the bumpers are walking away from the lights.

They dont make good bodies for Nissan; how long have you used your Maxima?, state how much you bought it, AND check nairaland for how much its going for right now.

Not to brag BUT i have a 2000 Nissan/infiniti QX4 in my garage since December - Ive only driven it about twice to VI and that's it - I'm even desperate to trade if off for even a used CLK or something.

Nissan is very far from it - It deprecates terribly (see people selling off their 99 pathfinders for 750k - stuff was 1.5 like 6 months ago)

Well, you have to console yourself though - I respect that.

Did you know that the Range Rover is rust-free?
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by damola1: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2010
Onwan:

@Fhemmmy
Thanks for your input as always, I really appreciate your concern. The thing for me is that apart from the Range, G Wagon (thats about it), the closest to it is the Hummer H2 - which from what I found out (I actually approached someone who has one at Cool Cafe the other day - black lovely thing) is a guzzler. The fuel seems to be the only down-side of the hummer H2.

Except someone in the house has a different view - especially regarding the day-to-day use.

The guy I approached actually told me the Hummer H2 is simply a drive off vehicle BUT has a minus of fuel consumption. For me its a professional vehicle. He also said he rarely drives it due to the fuel thing BUT again, the Range/Sport/LR3 and the G Wagon are gradually looking like THE options.

@Freshmoney
Maxima?, pathfinder? - Im trying to place you Bre but its hard; why are you doing this to yourself? Im not trying to say Nissan is just for losers BUT I mean check it generally;

An 06 Maxima wears out within 6 months of use (It depreciates terribly) with those funny china looking torch light things at the rear - at Tokumbo, they look ok but 6 months into use they look like the bumpers are walking away from the lights.

They dont make good bodies for Nissan; how long have you used your Maxima?, state how much you bought it, AND check nairaland for how much its going for right now.

Not to brag BUT i have a 2000 Nissan/infiniti QX4 in my garage since December - Ive only driven it about twice to VI and that's it - I'm even desperate to trade if off for even a used CLK or something.

Nissan is very far from it - It deprecates terribly (see people selling off their 99 pathfinders for 750k - stuff was 1.5 like 6 months ago)

grin grin grin grin grin

olenu bi ketu,
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Fhemmmy: 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
I love this thread, very educational
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
Onwan:

[size=14pt]Nissan is very far from it - It deprecates terribly (see people selling off their 99 pathfinders for 750k - stuff was 1.5 like 6 months ago)[/size]

Are you kidding me?  You sure you wanna talk about depreciation? You are planning to spend N5m for a ride that cost over N15m few years ago 

I hope you buy the car and see how much you will get for it after 2 years of driving it. You will have to pay me to take it from you
grin
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 6:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Kunle-A
I'm sorry I had the wrong name in my response to your earlier post before the last. I really appreciate your comments on this one.

Reliability is very key. As a brand, European vehicles are my picks, but some Japanese also have few rugged models.

If you look at some brands and models; they retain a particular shape and parts for 5 years upwards before major changes - Those are reliable models and brands, some keep changing shapes and parts from year to year - That's Cloning right there
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 6:42pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Kunle-A
Now for my response to your last post:

You dont want to talk to me about re-sale values of range rovers compared to most other brands; bear in mind that the Range Rover HSE/Vogue is way more expensive than the Sport.

I do not look at the values of vehicles in Nigeria to judge their current values (There are lots of arrangements). Go online on ebay and show me a 2007 Range Rover HSE or Vogue or Sport that cost ANYTHING close or less than 5Million. Please do that and let the house confirm. Range Rovers are expensive; used, new or even accident (Go to Owode Onirin and check - IF YOU SEE)

Now go to eBay and show me any of these crap Nissan 06/07 that costs over 5Million. I cant even believe I'm talking about Nissan here; I should be talking or arguing about RR, Mercedes, BMW or even the lame Lexus, not some imitation that is confused if it should be called Infiniti or Nissan.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2010
[b]Onwan, I went through your input. Your bought your 2000 Nissan/infiniti QX4 in December for 1.5 and you are selling it off for 750k, are you that desperate for cash? If you are selling it,please let me know, I am buying one for one of my folks! 750k,that is unpredictable! Anyway, talking about depreciation in value, every car depreciates in value each year, if you like buy a Range for 7 million this year, and sell it off next February, you will be lucky to sell it off for 4 million! Every reliable car is rust-free not only Range! My maxima still looks like new and I have been using it for more than 3 years, Your liking for a particular car does not permit you to rubbish other car models, A lot of reasonable people drive the Nissan,the Toyota, the Camry, and they are loving them, My next car is definitely Nissan,so dig it! Don't come here next year and tell us your Range is giving you glitch cool You want to grab more gist? A neighbour of mine has been driving his Nissan for 8 years now, 2000 Nissan Altima, and my brother, you will mistake it for a just bought car!! Drive Range for a few years, it will def mess you up,

If you dislike Japanese Cars, and you sceptical about Range,why dont you go for 07/08 ml500, I think it's around 5.8 ,within your budget! wink[/b]
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
I bought my '06 Nissan(toks) for 3.5 mil at early 2007 ,check its price now, it will not go for anything less than 2.6 or 2.7, '04 Nissan Maxima even goes for 2.4,2.5 let alone of 2006! One man is interested in my ride anyway, he's still try to persuade me for 2.5mil,but I'm like 'hey,I ain't selling this stuff,forget it!'
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 8:33pm On Feb 25, 2010
;d ;d
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Freshmoney
Actually I wont sell a ride I drive - I can only trade in for a better one (better in the sense of what I can drive). The Infiniti/Nissan I have is for trade NOT for sale - That's what my auto-consultant is working at. Its actually better to trade-in than outright sales.

I see adverts online where people price Pathfinder for peanuts, and these days you see them almost on every corner they are selling cars/used vehicles at ridiculous prices.

I refuse to talk about Nissan in the context of what I can or will consider to drive. Its like me admitting defeat in life, that's the only thing Nissan hits me as. So please dont make that reference anymore.

The ML you mentioned is a very good option, which I would ordinarily consider BUT it is not roomy enough for my use as a business meeting/Family ride. Its too small. Thats where the Rangers come in.

Thanks for your advise though - AND I will appreciate if you don't mention that brand or any of its models on my thread, its making me feel very cheap and unfocused. I respect its your brand of choice but its making things very unclean here.

You must be an interesting person to have that brand as your "Dream" in life grin
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 8:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
Onwan angry sad sad

You will not make me hate my cars though cool

Nissan 4 life grin grin
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
Now shut the fu/ck sad and continue your Range escapades grin smiley
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Freshmoney
Hey, I appreciate your comments.

Some guy on nairaland.com put up your stuff for sale last year May at above 2M, he is still begging till date for the thing to be bought.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-275879.0.html

I was in Ikeja where a guy brought a used 06 Range Rover sport to show a car dealer - while parked outside waiting for the dealer(It was actually around SCOA junction around Alausa/Agidingbi - Oluwalogbon side) three people met him and one left for the bank on 5.5M agreement. It happened last month. I was even to go check it out.

Its actually a matter of fact that those vehicles that cost MSRP $70k - $100k are not just expensive for nothing - there are lots of things built in there and that's what makes them expensive - the build material, engineering, options, etc. I'm not looking at something that will bore me after 2 months of use.

The Range catches my eyes and stays that way all these while - I'm just really concerned why even after all the complains from people, they still keep the damn air shocks. And it gets worse - there is no way to throw in the springs by default. Its not just them; the S Class has that air shocks problem too. I'm just trying to get a view of A Current User, a very candid view and review.

From my experience with electronics, cars, gadgets - I would rather buy a used or even faulty item that is very expensive IF brand new item than to buy a "clean" or new of a clone. I have my reasons; ranging from generators to cars.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by damola1: 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2010
Onwan:

@Freshmoney
Actually I wont sell a ride I drive - I can only trade in for a better one (better in the sense of what I can drive). The Infiniti/Nissan I have is for trade NOT for sale - That's what my auto-consultant is working at. Its actually better to trade-in than outright sales.

I see adverts online where people price Pathfinder for peanuts, and these days you see them almost on every corner they are selling cars/used vehicles at ridiculous prices.

I refuse to talk about Nissan in the context of what I can or will consider to drive. Its like me admitting defeat in life, that's the only thing Nissan hits me as. So please dont make that reference anymore.

The ML you mentioned is a very good option, which I would ordinarily consider BUT it is not roomy enough for my use as a business meeting/Family ride. Its too small. Thats where the Rangers come in.

Thanks for your advise though - AND I will appreciate if you don't mention that brand or any of its models on my thread, its making me feel very cheap and unfocused. I respect its your brand of choice but its making things very unclean here.

You must be an interesting person[b] to have that brand as your "Dream" in life[/b]  grin
grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

olenu pa, olenu be ketu,
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by komekn(m): 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
Onwan,
You are quite right, if that air suspension goes even in England it will cost you quite a bit.
point.
he Range possibly has the most compliant smooth ride particularly when on rough roads, however reliability in general is not a range rover strong point.

Options available there are a few after market kits. But if you want to know the real deal, just ask Siena, I know he has answered this question before.

Finally, the main dealers we have in Nigeria, particularly coscharis are abysmal and will give you a whole load of grief.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Onwan

Pathfinder for peanuts? C'mon man I bought my path for 4.5mil

Now enough of these gibberish! Now be a big boy, buy the Range and stop panting about the issues on it,  If you are who you prove you are, minor prob shouldn't be your nightmare! I want to check this thread tomorrow and see that you have got a 2007 Range Rov, if not, then pardon me cuz I will call you a Arrow! You have even priced registered 2003 Range Rov and yet u haven't bought it, you have negotiated on 2004 Highlander,haven't you? Now correct me if I am wrong! Why wasting your time? Yet you babble on someone that drives his 07 Path conveniently, With the 4.5 you can get a very nice used 05/06 Range Rov, so go pick something up, stop giving instances here, instances which you think will pave way for cheap popularity for you here,  Be a man,stop sagging! cool Good night!
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 10:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
Moreover, perfectbuy will give you nice quotation on 06 Range Rover, he has one going for 4.8 cool
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by damola1: 10:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
This matter no be small thing oh.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 11:03pm On Feb 25, 2010
This Onwan of a guy has been looking for ride before I even went outta the country, Imagine! If you ve got money, I mean the real package, go to the dealership and pick the stuff! cool Or do you want to use the Range for years? A ride driver for like 3 to 4 years is OK my friend, go for the real deal cool cool
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by damola1: 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2010
Onwan, na true?,

Makes sense, when you'll only use for 3-4 years not to really worry abt shocks, maybe he plans to use longer, remember his father has maintained a reliable one for close to 27yrs,

Well, I am simply after the reviews, and lets see were onwan will land.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 11:10pm On Feb 25, 2010
The Range rover is NOT the Best SUV in the WOrld.

It is a luxury vehicle, and if you're looking to buy a Range, the costs of fixing shouldnt even been in your mindset.
You dont buy a range because its "Safe' or Valuable.

You buy a Range Rover because you want a Range Rover.

Hummer has a higher safety rating than the Range.

But even its not the "best SUV"

Typical Range Rover buyers dont look around for "reviews" they just Buy one. undecided
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2010
platinumnk:

It is a luxury vehicle, and if you're looking to buy a Range, the costs of fixing shouldnt even been in your mindset.

Angel, you have said the best wink Can you imagine? Shocks he can even get for like 3000$, he'z bothered about it and he'z downgrading the status of Path,

I hate someone trying to bring down other people's choice, I can't go against the limo,the Escalade,the cad. just because I am a fan of Nissan, I don't do that sh/it! And the guy bargains like a hell,  He bargains different sort of cars,

He said one guy's maxima is still up for sale, what about Walla's Range , its been up for sale for close to 2 years now,imagine!

Onwan, if I were you, I would go straight to the fu/ckin dealership and pick my stuff, I pay them cash, I get them stuff! If care is not taken, I may buy the Range before you cuz I am liking it tongue
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 11:23pm On Feb 25, 2010
But wait Platinumnk, we have talked before,ain't we? You look smashing in your profile photo, You kinda my dream girl, Still in the States? I am back in my motherland anyways cool winkYour nose piercing still keeps me floating tongue tongue Wish I cld be looking at it 24-7

platinumnk:

Typical Range Rover buyers dont look around for "reviews" they just Buy one. undecided
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
freshmoney:

But wait Platinumnk, we have talked before,ain't we? You look smashing in your profile photo, You kinda my dream girl, Still in the States? I am back in my motherland anyways cool winkYour nose piercing still keeps me floating tongue tongue Wish I cld be looking at it 24-7

hehehheheh grin grin grin grin Im blushing smiley smiley
Actually Im a fan of Range rovers, but when I have one, Ill keep it or trade it for a better one.
Its resale value is not one to be desired, not that its doesnt have worth, but people who can afford a Range usually go for a new or almost brand new one.

Thanks for the compliments, abi o I dey camp here wink
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Nobody: 4:57am On Feb 26, 2010
platinumnk Said it all, Typical Range Rover buyers dont look around for "reviews" they just Buy one.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Nobody: 4:58am On Feb 26, 2010
Onwan ne ti ru oha 1 of Nairaland dont forget to post your pics when you buy the range
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 8:58am On Feb 26, 2010
I appreciate all y'all comments

@Freshmoney
I wasn't actually referring to that your school bus model of pathfinder BUT generally, they don't have good re-sale values. I dont like it because after a while like I said; the body looks too heavy for the small tyres - just like a big helmet on a child.

I have priced quite a few of them; which of course is what I can do IF I want then weigh their condition and price with what I need actually.

Remember that in as much as I appreciate y'all comments, I still want a CURRENT USER of the Range Rover to give us his/her views; NOT some Primera pushing folks P.L.E.A.S.E cheesy grin cheesy

I heard about the aftermarket shocks and read of their failures after months and Range Rover refused to support them.

I would not just buy because I have the cash (NO WAY) I would find out about what I'm buying and ASK about it; even from dealers (most have discouraged though) and nice folks like you for your views on it.

Its really nothing personal - BUT I bet you that some other people are learning from this post - but I know what I'm gaining right here too.

Once again freshmoney, its not about having the just having the cash - its about sitting with 6M and looking at planting a fenced 3 bedroom apartment for rent OR buying a that ride - I tell you, that ride better be worth it.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 9:02am On Feb 26, 2010
Someone was talking about the shocks lasting for 3 to 4 years; that would have been nice - IF NOT that I know of a 2009 Vogue with ALL flat shocks - the guy came to Owode and got replacements from an accident and guess what happened - The shocks went kind of elevated and refused to come down. It was a 2009 he brought in from Austria himself.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by jaybee3(m): 9:04am On Feb 26, 2010
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 9:11am On Feb 26, 2010
@jaybee
Thanks for the post. I appreciate it. I have also checked online and seen reviews BUT our road conditions and terrain contrasts their very seriously - hence the air shocks concerns.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Available For Pre-order **MINT With Leather 2003 Toyota Corolla**only SOLLDDDDDD / ⚅⚅ Nairaland VIN / Chassis No. Challenge!! Cash Prizes Awarded!!⚅⚅ / Used 2010 Acura TL Tech Package Drop Price N2.550

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.