Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task (29938 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 08, 2017
I would fire him too if I were his superior. If left unchecked, he could have my Job someday. Go outshine someone else, some place else. Lol.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Doncharis(m): 8:57am On Sep 08, 2017
This is absolutely,the 'You know too much syndrome'.The guy was fired because he solved an impossible task.Then, 'Why should we hire you question' during interview,I wonder d essence of it.When you bring out ur best they'll bent on firing you.WHAT A WORLD,WE LIVE IN!!

1 Like

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by infofta(m): 8:58am On Sep 08, 2017
Only in Nigeria you can be fired without reason.
Tell your friend to go to court for re-reinstatement or compensation if what he did was genuine
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Rajosh(m): 9:02am On Sep 08, 2017
his competence has made him a threat to someone "up there". He's a "Harvey Specter" kind of guy. He'll definitely go places.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:04am On Sep 08, 2017
Nutase:
Bribe. He must have used bribe to get the registration and they found out.

worse, he must have chopped inside the bribe grin
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Cuteogbus: 9:05am On Sep 08, 2017
talk2riel:
All the people saying the guy did something shoddy to get the certificate, don't you think someone higher than him has being deliberately sabotaging the registration and guyman has become a threat to him?
Another Angle Too Oh

2 Likes

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by theophorus(m): 9:10am On Sep 08, 2017
..All I have to say is "When you get to a new place watch before you leap"

Think deeply why are things the way they are?
Forget all you use to know, understand why they are where they are and GRADUALLY introduce the Change.

Welcome to the Real-World.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by ashjay001(m): 9:11am On Sep 08, 2017
The US prosecutes bribery! No matter where the country its company operates from. Haliburton comes easily to mind.

He couldnt have gotten it, in such a short time, without having resorted to bribery. The initial delay in obtaining it, was probably due to their refusal to pay bribe.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by jonadaft: 9:16am On Sep 08, 2017
LoudNdclear:
That is God speaking...... God is telling him to start his own company, sometimes when God want us to grow he makes us uncomfortable.
Lol!

1 Like

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Omooniya1: 9:19am On Sep 08, 2017
I think the success of the guy as serious implications on the OGAs at the top, he as succeeded in blocking the avenue where dey use in draining d company's money....only God knows the amount dey have been voting for such unending problem.

1 Like

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 08, 2017
Sniper12:
he most likely bribed to get the certificate which is against anti bribery and corruptions laws in the USA which the MD probably upholds.

Did u miss the part where it was stated on how much money the company had expended to no avail?
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by AreaFada2: 9:28am On Sep 08, 2017
ikbnice:
Some top people in that company were making some dough out of that project your friend completed. They never want it completed. He didn't look well before proving smart. He didn't do anything extraordinary, he just wasn't smart enough. One has to be very careful especially when still new in an establishment.

Logical thinker.

Somebody powerful (or several) stood to gain from the delay in getting the registration through. They had probably opened a "workshop" on top the never ending process. Then one young upstart "busybody" just came from nowhere and poured san san for their garri. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Corruption just fought back mercilessly.

Assuming the guy did the registration legit, then he needs not fear for the future. He's got the determination & tenacity to get things done. The Sky is no limit for him.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by vic155: 9:29am On Sep 08, 2017
pimper24:
A friend of mine was fired this morning after carrying out a duty that ordinary would attract commendation. The company desperately needed a certain registration from a regulatory body which process has lingered long before now and has cost the company so much money without reasonable progress even before he was employed.

He told the MD (AMERICAN) that it could be done if given the opportunity. He was given a go ahead. In less than one week he brought the certificate from the
regulatory body.

He was commended and promoted. This is the second week after the promotion.

He saw a termination letter on his table with undisclosed reason. Access to all network and email was blocked. In fact security men were waiting to ease him out. He was given just 30mins to tack his personal items shocked shocked

May be u got them the registration in a wrong way...
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by bunmiano: 9:39am On Sep 08, 2017
BrigadeApproach:
I have the following web applications for sale which you can use to kick-start your online business

1. School Management Information System

2. Sales and Inventory Management System

3. MLM Application

4. Peer to Peer Application.

5. Ecurrency Buy and Sell Application

6. Online Gas Sales Web Application

7. MultiVendor Eccomerce Application.

If you need any of the following you can Call/Whats App: O 9 O 59866289

Talk to me on whatsapp
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by GEJPosterity: 9:40am On Sep 08, 2017
pedrilo:
u r very experienced in workplace politicking and shenanigans.
This is also happening in my office.
I have come to bliv that Naija's epileptic electricity situation is man made. some persons benefit from our current woes.
Welcome to the club.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by esere826: 9:45am On Sep 08, 2017
pimper24:
A friend of mine was fired this morning after carrying out a duty that ordinary would attract commendation. The company desperately needed a certain registration from a regulatory body which process has lingered long before now and has cost the company so much money without reasonable progress even before he was employed.

He told the MD (AMERICAN) that it could be done if given the opportunity. He was given a go ahead. In less than one week he brought the certificate from the regulatory body.

He saw a termination letter on his table with undisclosed reason. Access to all network and email was blocked. In fact security men were waiting to ease him out. He was given just 30mins to tack his personal items shocked shocked

All your friend needs to do is to contact the MD and ask if he is aware that he's been fired and no reason given to him.
No need to beg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by loomer: 9:50am On Sep 08, 2017
Next time him go do the one wey concern am, leave the rest for company
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by bluecircle470: 10:23am On Sep 08, 2017
If nah oluwole certificate mk him dey thank him God say dem no jail am o. Mk him just pik race.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by encrypt(m): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2017
LoudNdclear:
That is God speaking...... God is telling him to start his own company, sometimes when God want us to grow he makes us uncomfortable.
Seems your brain is paining you.
A company isn't a kiosk you can just set up in front of your house
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 08, 2017
pimper24:

He told the MD (AMERICAN) that it could be done if given the opportunity. He was given a go ahead. In less than one week he brought the certificate from the regulatory body.

Simply Sue dem.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Kobicove(m): 10:44am On Sep 08, 2017
Did he give a bribe to secure the registration?

I feel your friend has not told you the whole story undecided
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Kobicove(m): 10:56am On Sep 08, 2017
infofta:
Only in Nigeria you can be fired without reason.
Tell your friend to go to court for re-reinstatement or compensation if what he did was genuine

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands...the friend has not yet made full disclosure of the actual deal that took place
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by atitipoyoyo: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2017
ShyCypher:
What's wrong with y'all?

If he used any illegal means to acquire the certificate, the firm would have made it VERY CLEAR in his termination letter. They don't hide things like that.

You guys have obviously never worked in an office before.

If the firm is being shady about the termination details then its something that they cannot justify - like a higher up not comfortable with your friend's promotion or someone feels threatened by him.

I suggest your friend sues the firm and collect his entire salary for the years he signed with them since they breached the contract or they'll be forced to reveal the real reason behind his sack.

Either way, he wins.

Honestly, people typing these things have never worked before not to talk of working with the whites. My elder brother works for an organistation where they also have whites. We blacks are wicked and that was the reason slave trade was successful. We pull ourselves down. I can relate to this post. In a company where u have whites and of course it is only very top management that have access to the md. When people see that the a white md knows you as a junior person. You become their enemy.
If my brother's md was not smart the same fate would have befallen my elder bro. The md is an American but has stayed in africa for long he knows what we are capable of doing.

1 Like

Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by lonelydora: 11:03am On Sep 08, 2017
pimper24:

Did he cut corners in getting the certificate? There's a full story behind his firing. He is shielding info from you.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by lonelydora: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2017
LoudNdclear:

Gbam. I'm in some kind of uncomfortable situation in my coy which hastened my opening of a new coy.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Hectarus(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2017
walexicant:
I Think You Should Give Us the Full Details of What Your Friend did to win the contract
Very unfair statement coming!! Why didn"t you ask who was in charge of the registration prior to that time? My guy so many people have been feeding fat on the American and our innocent friend ddnt know there was an "oga" in charge who has likely seen the new man as a big threat to his "chop chop" way of life.... So many thoughts
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Niyinficient(m): 11:24am On Sep 08, 2017
pimper24:

Your friend don hammer! aswear......litigations....labour law...labour courts....tell ur friend to contact relevant authorities...and SUEEEEEE!
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by sorepco(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2017
Yeah man...as soon as i saw md anerican i knew he will not condone corrupt practices. If he does and the american govt get to hear about...hevwill go to jail.

Just ask house rep member in washinto who is in jail for corruption with atiku while atiku want be president for 2019!!

walexicant:
I Think You Should Give Us the Full Details of What Your Friend did to win the contract
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by deeone10: 11:48am On Sep 08, 2017
talk2riel:
All the people saying the guy did something shoddy to get the certificate, don't you think someone higher than him has being deliberately sabotaging the registration and guyman has become a threat to him?
assumption...the story is not complete
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by Bigsteveg(m): 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
talk2riel:
I don't think that's the case, he has the support of the MD before starting the task, sacking him a week after involves the MD himself. And am sure as the MD, he won't want to sack his best staff because someone said so or someone is annoyed. There must have being something the guy did.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by babadee1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
pimper24:

Tell your friend, next time before he decides to shine at a place of work he needs to have a mentor or godfather. You cannot knowingly or unknowingly be stepping on some toes without having someone to speak up on your behalf.
Re: He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task by imma2(m): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
It's only the company's way of claiming ignorance and litigation of loss when the bribery allegations gets back to them. If the scandal gets back to them that they bribed. Ooh well, I might know him but he only walked himself into a trap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / Tell Us About Your Experience As A Contract Staff Member (Outsourcing)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.