Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,670 members, 7,823,895 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (29590 Views)

Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court / Biblical Quotes About Salary Payments / Share Your Opinions On These 'bizarre' Biblical Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by theosci: 6:53am On Feb 01, 2012
Nobody predicated salvation on a doctrine of the Trinity (other than DeepSight who had tried to dribble that non-starter into the thread and hang it upon my neck). That aside, there's no problem in withdrawing when you did, and I wouldn't suppose that you stayed because you wanted to argue Trinity one way or another as the foundation of salvation.

Try Ellen G. White. She predicted salvation on the doctrine of the Trinity in many of her books like The Great Controversy and Desire of Ages. Yes, I know that you are going to say that Ellen White was a false prophet. Seems to be main hangup about her by critics. Nonetheless, she was a very notable writer that published 40 books and 5,000 periodical journals rather than some lunatic writing drivel on a forum thread.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Ndipe(m): 11:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
Perhaps (and in my own opinion), the definition of begotten means He was created physically by God the Father, to come to the earth to die for our sins. That explains the meaning of begotten, meaning, he was created specifically for this purpose or it could also mean His conception defied natural laws since Mary was pregnant without the knowledge of any man. That's my own opinion. However, prior to His incarnation, Jesus Christ has always co-existed with God the Father.

http://bible.cc/hebrews/1-3.htm

viaro: ^^ I understand, and thank goodness my reply didn't come across muddled for you.

Here is something on that same question about "begotten" that I thought the deniers of Christ's Deity might consider - a few questions which I posted in another thread:

[list](a)     what is the meaning of "only begotten" in reference to Jesus Christ?

(b)     what is the meaning of "firstbegotten" in reference to Jesus Christ?

(c)     do you find anyone else described as "only begotten" in the same way as Jesus is?

(d)    do the terms "only begotten" and "firstbegotten" mean the same things to you?

(e)    when was Jesus Christ called "the only begotten" - before or after His resurrection?[/list]

Some have assumed that the term "begotten" is indicative of Christ having been "created" by God. Regardless the explanations that have been proffered, the same arguments are still advanced by the same folks. This time around, perhaps it is best to now ask them to EXPLAIN and RELATE how that affects the essence of Christ - just as you proposed. The easiest thing under the sun to do is deny and deny and keep denying a simple fact, regardless how many times answers have been proffered. So, here is a point at which we should directly ask these deniers to explicate the very term they have been forever singing about as the mainstay of their arguments. wink
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by MaziJero: 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
I wonder why ignorance holds sway in almost every sphere of life.It's indeed disheartening to still find people arguing with clear and profound truth.Jesus the person in question never in any recorded scriptures claimed to be God but instead he always said 'i was sent by my father...'

1 Like

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by CGKing(m): 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
Same Jesus said I and my Father r one. What's the point of this thread self?
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by sirkp: 7:14pm On May 20, 2013
lipsrsealed[color=#000099][/color] but U̶̲̥̅̊ be fool o, which kind childish discovery be this now.......................

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by leorayvon2k2: 7:23am On Oct 18, 2013
please remember the following undisputable facts (this does not depend on your believe or unbelieve):
*Jesus is God
*Jesus is God the Son
*Jesus is the express image of the invisible God
*Jesus is NOT God's first creation
*Jesus CANNOT BE CROWNED KING OF KINGS! WHO WILL/CAN CROWN GOD KING?!
*Jesus is the GOD KING!
*Jesus is the God of Adam!
*Jesus is The Lord of All (Christians, Muslims, Budhist, Occultic, Atheist, Fetish, etc For He shall ressurect ALL TO FACE JUDGEMENT!!
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 18, 2013
toba: Karo. Read what paul said in colossians1:19 FOR GOD WAS PLEASED TO HAVE ALL HIS FULNESS DWELL IN HIM. here paul is simply telling us to all d personalities dat makes God to be God was given to Jesus becos God wants a perfect person to redeem man.

For the Father to have the fullness dwell in him, Jesus, doesnt it mean that the Father has a greater authority than him? again, the same thing was never said of the holy spirit.

@ALL

No one is reponding to the logical questions she used in supporting her points. All you guys do is circumvent the main issue and post out of context. She is not a kid to bow to coercion.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 18, 2013
CGKing: Same Jesus said I and my Father r one. What's the point of this thread self?

That doesnt present any contradiction. He never mearnt oneness in person, but that they work for the same thing, just like you can say the same of your father.

Jesus however clearified matter in John 14:28:

You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.

The fact is this: Jesus is the only begotten son to the father. My brother almighty God can never be begotten or son to anybody. But Jesus is. God cannot call Jesus my God or call him my Father. NEVER! But is it not revealinga that Jesus can call HIM my God and Father. Never can the almighty be subjected to Jesus but Jesus can be to the Father.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by dabayomi(m): 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
karo93:      First of all Jesus never stated that he was God and never mentioned that there was a trinity [the trinity was never mentioned in the bible] for if these were propounded by Jesus it would have been evident in the new testament-the letters of the apostles and the life of Jesus.

1. Using Jn 14:28
                 …I am going to the father; for he is greater than I.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would he say he is going to the father who is greater than him?
2. Using Jn 14:1
                 …believe in God and believe also in me.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would you need to believe in them separately
3. Using Mk 10:18
                 Why do you call me good? Jesus asked him. “No one is good except God alone.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why is he not goodI don’t think it is possible for some parts of God to be good and others are not.
4. Using Rev 5:7
                 The lamb [Jesus] went and took the scroll from the one who sits on the throne [God].
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would he take the scroll from himself? I cant take a scroll from myself.
5. Using Rev 5;13
           …To him who sits on the throne and to the lamb, be praise and honor, glory and might forever and ever.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would praises be accorded to him and God separately??
If there was a TRINITY why would praises not be accorded to the holy spirit
6. Using Rev 22:1-2
                 , sparkling like crystal and coming from the throne of God and of the lamb.
If there was a TRINITY why is there no throne for the Holy Spirit
7. Using Jn 14:31 and Jn 16:13
                 , That I love the father; that is why I do everything he commands me.
                  …He will not speak on his own authority but on what he HEARS.
If Jesus and the Holy Spirit were of one being with God why don’t they speak on their own authority
If the Holy Spirit were of one beingu with God why does he speak on what he hears and not of what he knows
8.     Using Mk 16:19
                    After the lord had talked with them ,He  was taken up to heaven and sat at the right hand of God.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would he be seated at the right side of Godi cant sit at my right side and neither can any part of me,

I can like this thread a hundred times

DEFENDING JOHN 10:30
While trying to prove that Jesus is God everyone falls onto the above verse so I decided to explain what the verse “the father and I are one.”
What Jesus meant by the above verse is that he and the father are one because they both followed the same ways and followed the same path.
Using Jn 14:20
…you will know that I am in my father and that you are in me just as I am in you.
Here you understand that Jesus is in the father ONLY because he does the father’s will and his disciples are in him because they do his will and he is in them because they all follow the same path which makes them one with God too because they all follow the same path. a=b and b=c and a=c

in conclusion, Jesus is the son of God and the father, the son,and the holy spirit all exist separately.

Acts.3.13
The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob the God of our ancestors has given us divine glory to HIS SERVANT JESUS CHRIST.
Acts.3.26
And so God chose HIS SERVANT and sent him first to you to bless you by Making everyone of you turn from his wicked ways.
Acts.4.27
and the people of Israel against Jesus YOUR HOLY SERVANT WHO YOU MADE MESSIAH.

THE SERVANT AND THE MASTER Can never BE THE SAME PERSON AND THE ONE WHO WAS MADE Cannot BE THE One WHO MADE.

1.Cor.8.6
There is ONLY one GOD, THE FATHER, who is the CREATOR OF ALL THINGS and for whom we live and there is only one LORD, JESUS CHRIST through whom all things were created and through whom we live.

The normal saying [though not in the bible] is that
Father [Yahweh] +Son [Jesus] +holy spirit=GOD [trinity]
But this verse as quoted from the BIBLE tells us that, Father [Yahweh] =GOD [1]
And Son [Jesus] =LORD [1]

As this verse shows us, we live for the father [Yahweh] our God because he is our creator and not his son.

[For those confused about how the father made all things through the son I will explain like this; If you send your driver to give some goods to your mother, can it be said that it was your driver that generously gave to your mother??]

Lastly
Jn.3.35
The father loves the son and puts everything under his power.

Jesus cannot be God because he was “empowered” by someone which means that if Jesus is to be God there will always be a higher God-the one who empowered him.

[p.s. you cannot empower yourself but someone else.]
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by ebetek: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
esus Christ Claims to be God Matt. 4:7; Luke 4:12 - Jesus tells satan, "you shall not tempt the Lord your God" in reference to Himself. Matt. 5:21-22; 27-28; 31-32; 33-34; 38-39; 43-44 - Jesus makes Himself equal to God when He declares, "You heard it said, but I say to you, " Matt. 7:21-22; Luke 6:46 - not everyone who says to Jesus, "Lord, Lord." Jesus calls Himself Lord, which is God. Matt. 9:2; Mark 2:5; Luke 5:20; 7:48 - Jesus forgives sins. Only God can forgive sins. Matt. 12:8; Mark 2:28; Luke 6:5 - Jesus says that He is "Lord of the Sabbath." He is the Lord of God's law which means He is God. Matt. 18:20 - Jesus says where two or three are gathered in His name, there He is in the midst of them. Matt. 21:3; Luke 19:31,34 - Jesus calls himself "Lord." "The Lord has need of them." Matt. 26:64; Mark 14:62; Luke 22:70 - Jesus acknowledges that He is the Son of God. Matt. 28:20 - Jesus said He is with us always, even unto the end of the world. Only God is omnipresent. Mark 14:36 - Jesus calls God "Abba," Aramaic for daddy, which was an absolutely unprecedented address to God and demonstrates Jesus' unique intimacy with the Father. Luke 8:39 - Luke reports that Jesus said "tell how much God has done for you." And the man declared how much Jesus did. Luke 17:18 - Jesus asks why the other nine lepers did not come back to give praise to Him, God, except the Samaritan leper. Luke 19:38,40 - Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. If these were silent, the very stones would cry out. John 5:18 - Jesus claimed to be God. The Jews knew this because Jesus called God His Father and made Himself equal to God. This is why Jesus was crucified. John 5:21-22 - Jesus gives life and says that all judgment has been given to Him by the Father. John 5:23 - Jesus equates Himself with the Father, "whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him." John 6:38 - Jesus says, "For I have come down from heaven." John 8:12 - Jesus says "I am the light of the world." - 1 John 1:5 - God is light and in him there is no darkness at all. John 8:19 - Jesus says, "if you knew me, you would know my Father also." John 8:23 - Jesus says that He is not of this world. Only God is not of this world. John 8:58 - Jesus says, "Before Abraham was, I AM." Exodus 3:14 - "I AM" means "Yahweh," which means God. John 10:18 - Jesus says He has the power to lay down His life and take it up again - Gal. 1:1 - God raised Jesus to life. John 10:30 - Jesus says, "I and the Father are one." They are equal. The Jews even claimed Jesus made Himself equal to God. Jesus' statement in John 14:28, "the Father is greater than I," cannot contradict John 10:30 (the Word of God is never in conflict). Jesus' statement in John 14:28 simply refers to His human messianic role as servant and slave, which He, and not the Father or the Holy Spirit, undertook in the flesh. John 10:36 - again, Jesus claims that He is "the Son of God." John 10:38; 14:10 - "the Father is in me and I am in the Father" means the Father and Son are equal. John 12:45 - Jesus says, "He who sees Me sees Him who sent Me." God the Father is equal to God the Son. John 13:13 - Jesus says, "You call me Teacher and Lord and you are right for so I AM." John 14:6 - Jesus says "I am the way, and the truth and the life." Only God is the way, the truth and the life. John 16:15 - Jesus says, "all things that the Father has are Mine." Jesus has everything God has which makes Him God. John 16:28 - Jesus says that "He came from the Father and has come into the world." John 17:5,24 - Jesus' desire is for us to behold His glory which He had before the foundation of the world. John 20:17 - Jesus distinguishes His relationship to the Father from our relationship by saying "My Father and your Father." Rev. 1:8 - God says He is the "Alpha and the Omega." In Rev. 22:13, Jesus also says He is the "Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end." The only possible conclusion one can reach is that Jesus is equal to the Lord God. Rev. 1:17 - Jesus says again, "I am the First and the Last." This is in reference to the God prophesied by Isaiah in Isaiah 44:6, 41:4, 48:12. Rev. 1:18 - Jesus, the First and the Last, also says "I died, and behold, I am alive for evermore." When did God ever die? He only did in the humanity of Jesus Christ our Lord and God. Rev. 2:8 - Jesus again says, "The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life." When did God die and come to life? In our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by ebetek: 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
Rev. 1:18 - Jesus, the First and the Last, also says "I died, and behold, I am alive for evermore." When did God ever die? He only did in the humanity of Jesus Christ our Lord and God. Rev. 2:8 - Jesus again says, "The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life." When did God die and come to life? In our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Mat 1:22 So the Lord's promise came true, just as the prophet had said, Mat 1:23 "A virgin will have a baby boy, and he will be called Immanuel," which means "God is with us." Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by jentlguy: 6:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
Y argue on what wont benefit u spiritually
Pray to God through our savior Jesus Christ to send his holy spirit to teach his word, explain and interpret them to u. Also to reveal d mystery and secret of God.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by yungpowers(m): 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
You really tried, though you weren't right in all. If I got you right, you said Jesus didn't create, rather he was created.
But remember this; In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. The word became flesh and made His dwelling among men.
through Him (the word= Jesus) all things were made. Without Him, nothing was made that has been made. John 1:1-3
The Father confirmed from the beginning that He create all with the son through this;
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image,
in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the
sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the
wild animals,[a ] and over all the creatures that move
along the ground.”
He was really referring to His son Jesus.
Thanks....
JMAN05:

That doesnt present any contradiction. He never mearnt oneness in person, but that they work for the same thing, just like you can say the same of your father.
Jesus however clearified matter in John 14:28:
You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.
The fact is this: Jesus is the only begotten son to the father. My brother almighty God can never be begotten or son to anybody. But Jesus is. God cannot call Jesus my God or call him my Father. NEVER! But is it not revealinga that Jesus can call HIM my God and Father. Never can the almighty be subjected to Jesus but Jesus can be to the Father.
You really tried, though you weren't right in all. If I got you right, you said Jesus didn't create, rather he was created.
But remember this; In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. The word became flesh and made His dwelling among men.
through Him (the word= Jesus) all things were made. Without Him, nothing was made that has been made. John 1:1-3
The Father confirmed from the beginning that He create all with the son through this;
along the ground.”
Thanks....
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by sonmvayina(m): 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
leorayvon2k2:
please remember the following undisputable facts (this does not depend on your believe or unbelieve):
*Jesus is God
*Jesus is God the Son
*Jesus is the express image of the invisible God
*Jesus is NOT God's first creation
*Jesus CANNOT BE CROWNED KING OF KINGS! WHO WILL/CAN CROWN GOD KING?!
*Jesus is the GOD KING!
*Jesus is the God of Adam!
*Jesus is The Lord of All (Christians, Muslims, Budhist, Occultic, Atheist, Fetish, etc For He shall ressurect ALL TO FACE JUDGEMENT!!

if all you posted here is true..let me ask you a question..why did the disciples abandon him on the night he was arrested? if they knew or he told them he was God. if i knew i was with GOD son and he was just about to get arrested, i will stay and be with him all through the way, even if i die i am sure of heaven. why did no body come forward to testify at his trials? he opened peoples eyes, raised the dead and fed 5000 men, not even one was there to say something good about him?? or confirm the claim?....dont you think there is more to the story than meet the eyes..

1 Like

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
yungpowers:
along the ground.”
Thanks....You really tried, though you weren't right in all. If I got you right, you said Jesus didn't create, rather he was created.
along the ground.”
Thanks....

Oga, none of the above relate to my comment.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
lol i just cant stop laughing when ants wants to perform experiments made by man pls tell me is it brain capable thats what i liken those that feel they can understand GOD completely i really didnt read the whole of the post but i saw that no 4 hahah he said you cant take something from yourself.

anyways the trinity is one GOD but each has his own personality its three in one
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]maybe some of you that says JESUS never claimed to be GOD would sue him for blasphemy or would you say he isnt the one the one talking in rev1;8
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by brocab: 5:20am On Jan 05, 2016
We just need to look up these scriptures, to prove the Trinity does exist.
John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said the them, "Destroy this temple, and in 3 day's I will raise it up.
Colossians 2:12 "Buried with Him in baptism, in which you were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
Romans 8:11 "But if the spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your moral bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
So who's telling the truth, did Christ raise Himself up, or did God raise Him up. Is the bible a miss print? Or the bible isn't a miss print, and as the bible tells us, it is true and correct, that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are One in all.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2016

Sorry madam but u dnt know what u re saying at all. God is one and has many personalities among which are the father son and the spirit. The 3 personalities are distinct but the God that created the universe is working in the three personalities.s
In Gen1 we read where the bible says 'the spirit of God was moving upon the waters'  Isaiah also said In Chapter 61 ' the spirit of God is upon me. Jesus promised to send the comforter in john14and he called him the spirit of God.

Jesus also in john 4 said God is a spirit. So both God and spirit are 1. Likewise Jesus and God are 1 see John 14 as well.

One thing that will help us is in Romans 20 vs 28b which says God purchased us with his blood. i.e the blood of jesus is the same as that of God.
I don't see "romans 20 vs 28" in my bible,the chapters are limited to 16,how do u come about the aforementioned?
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by brocab: 12:34am On Jul 16, 2016
Try Acts 20:28.
tundexweb:

I don't see "romans 20 vs 28" in my bible,the chapters are limited to 16,how do u come about the aforementioned?
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 16, 2016
brocab:
Try Acts 20:28.
ok.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Crownylord(m): 9:47am On Aug 16, 2016
O men. No be small thing. This topic gidigan. What about 1john 5:7.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? / 'Men That Wash Plate Don't Prosper' - Evangelist Ebuka Obi / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.