Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,487 members, 7,812,510 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo (836 Views)

A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit / The Handsome Devil I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo by inkdbetty(f): 10:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
She wore a pretty dress, it had flowers all over it. It reached down below her knees and danced around her ankles. Black velvet flats, she didn't care about her height, short hair and rough face. Soft fair skin and pink lips... Not too pink but pink enough.
I went to church to see her and to hold her hand. I didn't put in any offering because I don't care, God has enough and more in His/Her storage house. He doesn't need my N50.
I was in church so I can get a chance to hear her voice apart from phone calls. To watch her lips move, to listen to her say my name. Dirty thoughts in church. I'm surprised I'm not dead yet.
I went to church with no bible, my conscience would fight with me and win because I'll be too busy reading the patterns on her skin and not getting convicted by Paul's teachings.
She's good. She's a church girl. My church girl. My beautiful church girl. She knows all my secrets and doesn't let the aunty and uncles poison her mind. I'll go to church next Sunday, maybe I'll take her home this time.

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 08, 2017
Following keenly
Re: The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo by inkdbetty(f): 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
ayxmania:
Following keenly

That Is Actually It. There Are No Follow Up Chapters. Its Short... IUsually Do Not Write Really Long Prose. I Am Short Story Person. Sorry If You Thought Something Else Was Coming. I Will Post More Short Stories Though.
Re: The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo by kingphilip(m): 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
inkdbetty:

That Is Actually It. There Are No Follow Up Chapters. Its Short... IUsually Do Not Write Really Long Prose. I Am Short Story Person. Sorry If You Thought Something Else Was Coming. I Will Post More Short Stories Though.
you mean you're done??
Re: The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo by inkdbetty(f): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
kingphilip:
you mean you're done??
Done With This One, Yes. Like I Said, Long Prose Is Not My Calling.
Re: The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo by Creeza(m): 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
Nice flash fic... Devil in church indeed.
Re: The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
inkdbetty:

Ooopppppssss
U just made my apettite come alive ni sha.
Re: The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo by Frankenstein: 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
inkdbetty:

You are only limiting yourself. This is not even a short story. You can always broaden it. Experiment. Why would anybody want to keep reading your flash stories? It's like watching movies with only a single episode or scene.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo by inkdbetty(f): 12:21am On Sep 09, 2017
Frankenstein:
You are only limiting yourself. This is not even a short story. You can always broaden it. Experiment. Why would anybody want to keep reading your flash stories? It's like watching movies with only a single episode or scene.

I Will Take You Up On That. Broaden My Horizon Yeah?

1 Like

Re: The Devil Goes To Church(flash fiction) - Betty Udo by Frankenstein: 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
inkdbetty:

I Will Take You Up On That. Broaden My Horizon Yeah?
Yeah. You have a very good descriptive skill.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bookland....home Of Books / My Fate, My Destiny - Episode 12 / To Be Hurt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.