Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Car Emitting Blue/white Smoke - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Emitting Blue/white Smoke (1056 Views)

My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke / My 2000 Toyota Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke And Starts When Car Is Cold / Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Emitting Blue/white Smoke by Urbino: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2017
I got a 2007 Honda tokunbo last December with any 80k miles. I always uses Forte oil and changed it every 3 months. I rarely use the car as I'm always out of town. Maybe 2 to 3 days a week.

3 weeks ago, I got back from travel only after changing the oil about a month before, undecided to check the oil gauge and the oil was really short. I quickly went to the service station and the mechanic suggested switching to Total oil.

Once he changed the oil and I started the Car, it started emitting blue smoke from the exhaust. Something inhad never done before.

After consultation with other mechanics, he drained that oil, flushed the engine, and put back Forte oil.

The smoke continued for about an hour after and stopped.

Now lithe car intermittently brings out the smoke, especially in the morning, and curiously when I engage the reverse gear.

I consulted a mechanic and he said I need to buy a new engine.

This is quite distressing as I can't afford to do that, on a car I've not used that long.

Any similar experience or suggestions on alternatives?

Currently the oil is down a bit (not short) only after 3 weeks of my last oil change.

The mechanic wants to try mobil oil now
Re: Car Emitting Blue/white Smoke by smartty68(m): 9:11am On Sep 09, 2017
Cc; Gazzuzz
Re: Car Emitting Blue/white Smoke by Urbino: 9:22am On Sep 09, 2017
smiley
smartty68:
Cc; Gazzuzz
Re: Car Emitting Blue/white Smoke by princetom1(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2017
Mayor2013, Honmusa, nurey
Re: Car Emitting Blue/white Smoke by nurey(m): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2017
Other possible causes of blue exhaust smoke include: piston wear, worn valve seals, a dirty or non-functioning PCV valve, worn piston rings, an intake manifold gasket leak, worn engine oil seals and possibly even head gasket failure. Oil leaking into the cylinders can cause a rough idle, misfire and fouled spark plugs.

Some cars are more tolerant than others, besides a 2007 with 80k miles, it's likely the odometer was rolled back may not be true sha.

Seems the seals got damaged when the wrong oil weight was used and oil is getting to the cylinders, you don't need to continously change oil damage has been done, find a good technician to determine whether
1. Engine rebuilding is needed or
2. Total engine change
Re: Car Emitting Blue/white Smoke by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36am On Sep 09, 2017
a 2007 what? Post the vin
Re: Car Emitting Blue/white Smoke by mayor2013: 11:48am On Sep 09, 2017
A 2007 Honda ? No brand. Specify brand of Honda. Why use palm oil on a ride like this.

(1) (Reply)

2017 Audi SQ7 Vs 2003 Grand Cherokee - Guess Who Won The Tug Of War? / 11 Cities In India Are Getting All-electric 390 Buses, 370 Taxis, 720 Autos / Lekki Tollgate Price Increament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.