Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] (9004 Views)

Wikipedia Updates Orubebe’s Profile Over Attempted Poll Disruprion / Sullivan Chime Dies In India: Rumor? / Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Colonela: 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2010
This is my very first post on nairaland.
I am still trying to figure things out but i would go straight to the point.

A military coup is being plotted right now.
I cannot disclose my real identity becos i fear for my safety.
I was trying to create a blog site but i came across this website and i registered.
There has been heavy military presence in places that we presume might give us problems. I pity Mr. jonathan.

The return of yaradua has created confusion and chaos and the next 7 days is crucial if democracy is to be sustained because we are plotting and scheming.
Colonel A+
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by violent(m): 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2010
Welcome to Nairaland, am sure you can find your way to the joke section
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
Colonel_a+:

sharrap, you are nothing. just another clone.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by blacksta(m): 8:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
Colonel_a+:

I was trying to create a blog site but i came across this website and i registered.
There has been heavy military presence in places that we presume might give us problems. I pity Mr. jonathan.

The return of yaradua has created confusion and chaos and the next 7 days is crucial if democracy is to be sustained because we are plotting and scheming.
Colonel A+

You must be a very daft intelligence officer  - broadcasting your plan - Anyway i refuse to believe a daft person grin
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by pcicero(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
babaearly:

sharrap, you are nothing. just another clone.

likes this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Fhemmmy: 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
Lol . . .Nice one but in a wrong section
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by oderemo(m): 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
I cannot disclose my real identity becos i fear for my safety

well i am sorry to disclose your identity   ,is, Machiavelli, abacha.
you get the point@?
you are a ghost .
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by bawomolo(m): 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2010
Colonel_a+:

Colonel A+

yeah heavy military presence at mama put and pepper soup joints.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Ibime(m): 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2010
By "we", the poster may be referring to his army and not himself.

I wouldnt really rule this out because the presence of military men in Abuja is disturbing.

Lets give the poster 7 days and see if this is true.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by 9ja4eva: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2010
LWKM for thread
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Hanoobaba(m): 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Op: How the hell the i'm I supposed to react to your post? Go inside my fathers wardrobe and carry is 12 guage remmington. Even if you are telling the truth there is nothing we can do. I dey fear for my head.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Ibime(m): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2010
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/no-to-military-intervention-no-to-illegal-exercise-of-presidential-power.html

No To ‘illegal’ Exercise Of Presidential Power
By Good Governance group

No to Military Intervention; No to ‘Illegal’ Exercise of Presidential Power

The Good Governance Group (3G) feels compelled to sound a note of warning on the gathering threat to democracy and stability in Nigeria. We are worried that the political class, especially those in the Executive and the National Assembly and the ruling PDP, have failed to rise up to the most basic statesmanship required to steer the country away from constitutional crisis. They are gradually nudging the country towards breakdown of security.

As a group committed to good governance and democratic accountability we are worried at the worsening security situation in the country on account of the determination of a few persons, the so-called kitchen cabinet, to neglect the constitutionally established line of succession and hold political power, contrary to Section 1 of the Constitution. The manner in which they brought President Yaradua in the country without proper clearance with the Acting President, who, as at today, is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces; and the various reported acts of intimidation against him in the Villa, pose serious threat to stability and national unity. These acts of dare-devilry and recklessness are open affront to the sovereignty of the Nigerian people and the integrity of the Nigerian state. This is unacceptable.

Our fears of possible breach of security in the Nigeria are raised by reported movement of troops from Kaduna to Abuja. Even the statement credited to the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Dambassa Btsau that he answers only to the Commander-In-Chief who is President Yaradua if true show a dangerous disregard for the Constitution. We want to warn members of the Kitchen Cabinet and their military and political loyalists that the Good Governance Groups, working together with other civil society and pro-democracy groups, will mobilize Nigerians to stop any form of military intervention in the politics of Nigeria. Nigerian people will not accept any military solution to a crisis contrived by those who do not want to lose power because they are afraid of being made to account for their misdeeds. We will continue to mobilize Nigerians to insist on respect for the constitution, especially Section 1 of the Constitution.

This crisis is needless. The Constitution has provided clear guidance on presidential succession. When the President cannot act the Vice President takes over. Those resisting the Acting President from exercising the powers of a Commander-in-Chief are instigating breakdown of security. Those who are impeding the effective exercise of executive power by the Acting President are violating the constitution and will be made to answer to their treasonable acts. On his part, the Acting President Goodluck Jonathan will be held responsible if his failure to exercise leadership as Commander-in-Chief plunges Nigeria into military coup.

For the avoidance of doubt, let us state clearly that Nigerians will never accept any military intervention on this crisis. Nigerians will no longer accept the attempt by persons not designated by the Constitution to exercise executive illegally in the guise of the sick and indisposed President Yaradua. We will defend our constitution because only persons elected by the people will exercise political power not the wife or political associates of an indisposed President.

On this we Stand: no to military coup.

Salihu Lukman
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by oderemo(m): 9:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
Nigerian people will not accept any military solution to a crisis contrived by those who do not want to lose power because they are afraid of being made to account for their misdeeds. We will continue to mobilize Nigerians to insist on respect for the constitution, especially Section 1 of the Constitution.

i laugh in ijebu. Nigerians have been accepting and tolerating this Poo for long time and until we all rise up to our democratic expectations and fight with blood for what is rightfully ours, until then we will continue to wallow in penury.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by mimiiii: 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
ok make we face dey coup nw ,na today , angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Pharoh: 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
There is definitely a military cup going on right now only that it is different from the normal ones we have been seeing.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by ElRazur: 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2010
Since this thread is rubbish, please pardon me as I steal the limelight. Here is a beat I made, please download listen and give comments. Thanks.

Free Download from here,

http://www.plunder.com/Westcoast-download-76a1fb05b0.htm

Post comments here please - Good or bad:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-404378.0.html
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by oderemo(m): 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
Since this thread is rubbish, please pardon me as I steal the limelight. Here is a beat I made, please download listen and give comments. Thanks.
why do you want to steal the limelight,? why.
listening to that tune l drive me to sleep, its like dan maria in jos singing with his mouth taped up . pls don't give up your day job. ahhhh. its torture.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by ElRazur: 11:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
ode remo:

why do you want to steal the limelight,? why.
listening to that tune l drive me to sleep, its like dan maria in jos singing with his mouth taped up . pls don't give up your day job. ahhhh. its torture.

grin

Thanks.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Sauron1: 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2010
Colonel_a+:

Colonel A+

Just make it count. . . . . .
I don't wanna see pictures of you and your cohorts begging like bitches if you screw this up.
Orkar coup was useless, Diya's coup was moronic so make this COUNT!!! cool
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by snowdrops(m): 11:29pm On Feb 25, 2010
Why is this on the front page?

If it turns out to be false will  NL  not be complicit in spreading anarchy and fear
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Sauron1: 11:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
snowdrops:

Why is this on the front page?

If it turns out to be false will  NL  not be complicit in spreading anarchy and fear

All the posters in this section(except me) will be charged for treason and shot via firing squad in Lekki Beach. grin
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by otawa: 11:33pm On Feb 25, 2010

stop writing jargon.

Military rule in Nigeria is no longer fashionable.

You dont know Nigerians or Nigeria at all!
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by snowdrops(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2010
~Sauron~:

All the posters in this section(except me) will be charged for treason and shot via firing squad in Lekki Beach. grin
On a more serious note it should not be on the front page. Allegation of a coup being plotted as we speak is potentially explosive and can cause panic out there. Nothing wrong is pppl posting whatever comes to their mind, but making it front page shocked shocked shocked
Googles 3 chief executives in Italy were recently jailed for not removing an offensive video on their website on time.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by aieromon(m): 11:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
You must be a m0r0n to reveal plans of a coup d'etat you plan to participate in.
This shouldn't have made the front page.
Seun,remember what happened to Channels Television!!!
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by blacksta(m): 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Elzaur

Omo that beat is banging - Joking - stick to your scientist job-- That beat took me back 30 years
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by tunnytox(m): 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
Military coup ko military coup ni,  ku ku ku ku enue  grin grin
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by snowdrops(m): 11:39pm On Feb 25, 2010
Thank you guys. Changing the headline on the home page is less hypertensive tongue
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by MrCrackles(m): 11:42pm On Feb 25, 2010
Colonel_a+:

Colonel A+

Get lost in the garrison!
raasclat!!!
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by peruso: 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2010
colonel were u dey now pple don finish ur thread oooooo

abi u go just sit (abi salute) dey look them  OPEN FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by woye77: 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
grin yes indeed there is a coup taking place in 9ja! read the link below

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010022518235776

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1966681,00.html

grin grin
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by peruso: 11:49pm On Feb 25, 2010
bawomolo:

yeah heavy military presence at mama put and pepper soup joints.

GUD ONE , LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Correct History Of Edo? / JTF Killed 24 Boko Haram Members In Maiduguri / APC To Fayose: You Can’t Escape Scrutiny In Bailout Disbursement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.