Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] (9015 Views)

Wikipedia Updates Orubebe’s Profile Over Attempted Poll Disruprion / Sullivan Chime Dies In India: Rumor? / Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Borat1: 11:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
Putting this up as a front page headline in whatever form smacks of gross insensitivity
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
violent:

Welcome to Nairaland, am sure you can find your way to the joke section

Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Igwe9(m): 12:00am On Feb 26, 2010
woye77:

grin yes indeed there is a coup taking place in 9ja! read the link below

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010022518235776

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1966681,00.html

grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by blackmann(m): 12:06am On Feb 26, 2010
honestly moderators, i wonder how topics like these make the front page.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 26, 2010
Colonel since you decide to make it public can u likewise name your accomplices? And instead of outright coup cos it'l not be an acceptable option why not adopt partly jerry rawlings style and do away with naija bad guys i mean the corrupt ones giving us problems both past and present. That'l be enough for nigerians cos we dont want the military to come and milk us dry for another 50yrs
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by kayc33(m): 12:13am On Feb 26, 2010
make we dey watch
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 26, 2010
Nairaland is the becoming the fastest growing Rumour Mill of Nigeria. Congratulations Seun! tongue
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by demla: 12:24am On Feb 26, 2010
coup ke, i beg if na joke make u stop am o, make una allow goodluck to rule small
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by crown22: 12:34am On Feb 26, 2010
bloody civilian
ANY COUP PLOT WILL FAIL
ONE WOMAN,ONE STICK
ONE MAN,ONE CUTLASS
ONE BOY ,ONE STONE]
THIS HOW U WILL BE SENT BACK TO BASE
AJUWAYA? AS WE WERE
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Ikonz(m): 12:42am On Feb 26, 2010
applying coup may not be the solution to the present political quagmire, but outright annihilation of the ruling class, at least lets start from there!
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Timmi: 12:50am On Feb 26, 2010
A coup at this time will be welcome to teach those Yaradua boys that they cannot hold the Country in ransome. Essentially, that is what is going on, Jonathan is incapacitated and cannot act, the country has been sleeping and dragging backwards for the past 90+ days - stagnant.

Nigerians need to wake up, the politicians are worse administrators and are just embezzlers - with trillions spent in all the tiers of government, what has been the benefit to common people, but rather the fat lards get richer and are not satisfied stealing millions of naira anymore, but rather billions are being stolen in bright daylight.

It is time for a change, we need to design and fashion our own democracy to fit our peculiarity. The one we are practising now is not working but rather increases corruption at all levels of government.

Stop being sentimental and don't let the beneficiaries of the current political system manipulate your mind, be rational and think for yourself.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by rickie4us(m): 12:53am On Feb 26, 2010
my guess is that this person is a regular nairalander who just wants to be on the front page news ,

of course, there is very heavy military presence in the barracks, pepper soup joints and beer parlours
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by snowdrops(m): 12:53am On Feb 26, 2010
Now where has the colonel gone to

We would all look dumb and be made to eat our words if this happens to be true.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by lovemoi2(f): 1:51am On Feb 26, 2010
[size=18pt]God is in control[/size]
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by 9ijaprince(m): 2:07am On Feb 26, 2010
I dey see danger! Danger! Wahala dey ! Where is Psquare? Abeg help me finish am.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Nobody: 2:22am On Feb 26, 2010
In this mordern day Nigeria, anything can happen.
Lets wait and see, 7 days shey?
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by nethacker(m): 3:43am On Feb 26, 2010
Nigeria is Nollywood grin grin
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by PETER2020: 4:29am On Feb 26, 2010
hello bros/sis, i recommend your post but only a proper investigation or future will tell us the truth. do more and be careful with your life. those who are attacking you here are like the same group who kept Goodluck Jonathan in DARK as Yaradua were been smuggled back in to the country.

YOU DID ONLY BUT TO ALERT THE PEOPLE!
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by utotomi50(m): 4:35am On Feb 26, 2010
lol grin grin I can't top laughing at all the comments. grin cheesy
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by MsTom(f): 4:59am On Feb 26, 2010
woye77:

grin yes indeed there is a coup taking place in 9ja! read the link below

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010022518235776

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1966681,00.html

grin grin

What a terrible typo!
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by shotuns: 5:22am On Feb 26, 2010
I believe we all know what democracy stands for, Freedom of speech and expression in as much as it doesn't affect others,  We all long for information , awareness of what is going on and what may happen tomtomorrow_ There have been indications that a coup might take place before Yar'adua came back and now that he is back according to report "(though no one could actually say he's still alive or not since no physical picture of him was seen since he came back_
From the Sahara reporters,  Please read.

Sahara reporters has learned that a bloody coup d'etat in is progress in the Republic of Niger where the president, Mamadou Tanja, extended his tenure in office last year into a third term, in defiance of public opinion. In the past hour, reports out of Niamey indicate Tanja may have fallen into the hands of dissidents.
Predictably, the coup d'etat information is creating panic in Nigeria where a crisis resulting from the refusal to abide by the Constitution Nigeria's sickly leader, Umaru Yar'Adua. Now out of the country on a "medical emergency" for nearly three months, Yar'Adua's conduct has created a full blown political crisis instigated by his loyalists, a group led by his ambitious and greedy wife, Hajia Turai Yar'Adua.

Goodluck Jonathan, the Vice President to Yar'adua, who was made "Acting President" by a resolution of the National Assembly last week, remains under threat from "insurgents" loyal to Yar'Adua. Jonathan is currently meeting with the outgoing ECOWAS Secretary Ibn Chambas, to work out appropriate response to the Nigerian coup d'etat.

As Sahara reporters has consistently reported, the diehard cronies of Yar'Adua have already put in place military officers to strike as soon as the circumstances become viable for a military take-over.

According to military intelligence in Nigeria, the groups have tried to strike twice, first on December 31st 2009, and on January 15, 2010, but for the advice they kept getting that the Nigerian people are not going to be receptive a coup d'etat and also that a coup will inevitably lead to the break-up of Nigeria. The group has reportedly continued its search for an army general from the Niger Delta region to be the face of the putsch
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color].

Yesterday, the Federal Executive Council set a up delegation to visit Yar'Adua in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia to ascertain his state of health, but reports this morning indicate that the team may have fallen apart as one of the delegates, Rilwan Lukman, Yar'Adua's Minister of Petroleum Resources, has pulled out of the delegation after receiving threats from unnamed Yar'Adua associates. The team is billed to leave Nigeria for Saudi Arabia tomorrow.

The situation in Niger is of significant interest in Nigeria because it is both a geographical and a political neighbour. In 2006, Nigeria's present Olusegun Obasanjo tried assorted manoeuvres to try to obtain a third term in office. Many Nigerians blame him for the crisis in Nigeria saying he foisted Yar'Adua, who is viewed as "damaged goods" on the country to punish the people for objecting to his political ambitions.

On account of the involvement of the military in governance, Niger and Guinea are currently suspended from the Economic Council of West Africa States (ECOWAS), the leadership of which Goodluck Jonathan assumed a few days ago.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by nex(m): 5:25am On Feb 26, 2010
Yay! Nairaland people, join me in celebrating my first time in five years of reporting a post to the moderator.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Adegokenath(m): 7:14am On Feb 26, 2010
Hi nairaland as things are going on in aso rock it may be true.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Adegokenath(m): 7:14am On Feb 26, 2010
Hi nairaland as things are going on in aso rock it may be true.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 26, 2010
nex:

Yay! Nairaland people, join me in celebrating my first time in five years of reporting a post to the moderator.

LOL!
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by Hanoobaba(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2010
@Adegokenath: And what are the things going on in Aso rock that are so spectacular.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by heryyy(m): 8:16am On Feb 26, 2010
[size=20pt]I HAVE SAID THIS MANY TIMES AND I WILL KEEP SAYING IT, THE MILITARY ARE COMING BACK, I SWEAR THEY ARE COMING BACK !!![/size]
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by gidson12(m): 8:18am On Feb 26, 2010
I wounder hw u guys jump into making fun of some issues without trying 2 look deep into it, the current situation of things surrounding yaradua's 3 months trick could give rise 2 anything, even a coup.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by fxmaxony(m): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2010
yes, the poster made a point, the acting president has recaptured power from the kitchen cabinet, but the kitchen cabinet as at press time is still negotiating soft landing for their team,

and the turmoiling soldiers have gone back to the barracks including the poster.
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by parislomo(f): 8:26am On Feb 26, 2010
Quote from: violent on Yesterday at 08:39:50 PM
Welcome to Nairaland, am sure you can find your way to the joke section

tanx-a-bunch for making my morning!!
grin grin grin
Re: Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]] by parislomo(f): 8:31am On Feb 26, 2010
And this is to all those who keep asking how a topic makes front page. **erm. . . erm. . . really I'm just trying to believe this is why not that I know for sure. . . .**

Normal Topic
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JTF Killed 24 Boko Haram Members In Maiduguri / FG Playing Politics With Niger Delta Dialogue – MEND / Senate Re-invites Suspended SGF, Babachir Lawal For Questioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.