Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,029 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai (26629 Views)

Mohammed Nasiru Sani Is Winners Chapel Suicide Bomber's Name, Not Nathaniel- FFK / Moment Nasiru Gawuna Was Taken By Police For Disrupting Collation Of Results / What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 10, 2017
Oil does not need to dry up

It is already becoming a useless commodity

Electric cars are coming

Solar energy is here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Kazim88: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2017
omohayek:

Yours is the first sensible comment on this thread! The unanimous condemnation in all the others only goes to show that El-Rufai was telling the truth: Nigerians have become so addicted to (and dependent on) "free" oil money that they can't even conceive of another way of life other than scrambling by any and every means to maximize their share of the fixed "national cake" derived from oil rents. How much oil, gas, gold or other mineral resources do the likes of Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Switzerland or Austria have? Can anyone say they are worse off than resource rich countries like Congo, Nigeria or even South Africa?

The parasitical mindset which oil money has bred in Nigerians is at the root of so many of the country's problems, but the allure of eating without working is so strong that most Nigerians can't even see the problem.

The sad part is I see Nigeria Fighting another unnecessary and suicidal civil war because of Oil.

They are foreign backers that are really waiting for that war... to use the opportunity to have a stake in Nigeria Oil.

For as long as they is oil in Niger Delta local and international vultures would always prowl Nigeria... Intellects and enterprise and civil service would not be valued because afterall the government dont need it, nor the tax.. Infact the people would be a burden and liability to the government.

They would rather even wish every nigerian in the Niger Delta to die for them to have simple and unrestricted and liability free access to oil
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Donpresh95(m): 9:30am On Sep 10, 2017
Even If it dries up, we the Children of light will always be at the top.Hausa Fulani man, Ask your grandparents they will tell you how Palm Oil and Farm produce from Biafra Land saved them from Starving.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by NothingDoMe: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2017
Short devil. Your father.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by nNEOo(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2017
mazimee:
After enjoying the Oil money and building empires from it you want it to dry up? The oil in your brain will dry up.

lol badt gaiyi grin
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by NothingDoMe: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2017
DonVikings:
I pray so too. It is only when that happens that we would know who the real parasites with barren lands are. grin
Hey that's Enugu-Onitsha Expressway! angry
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by 2lateBiafra: 9:57am On Sep 10, 2017
I too pray may SOUTHERN NIGERIAN OIL DRY UP.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2017
Very simple. Stop collecting allocations from Crude Revenue. Tara Oil well has dried up for you and your state.

4 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by OsazeAghedo(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2017
Zeze06:
cry
Prayer of a heartless and wicked "dwarf" witch...
hmmm

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by sheubaba2013: 9:58am On Sep 10, 2017
Internet data has already replaced the Nigeria oil. So no point for that prayer sir.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by ProDNA: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2017
The most reliable paternity DNA testing services available at an affordable price.

Check my signature.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 9:59am On Sep 10, 2017
If this midget need a nation without crude oil before he can think, then why not push for Northern Nigerian Republic? It is obvious this dwarf and his likes can' t survive without Niger-Delta oil.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by fk001(m): 10:00am On Sep 10, 2017
sarrki:
When generation fro your axis have milked and still milking it

When you yourself have been a beneficiary

People like you makes me believe what some people say about your type up North

We don't care what other people think about us.

What is wrong in what he said? he only state the obvious.

We are lazy because of oil
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by yanjutomi(m): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2017
after your region benefited from oil deratives so when the table turns u will tell oil producing region dat ur region is generating revenue 4 d goverment and u will give them very little percentage or tell us to go back to regional system...... God SOUTH - SOUTH don suffer

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by ivolt: 10:02am On Sep 10, 2017
Headlaw:
This is just the bitter truth. I'm living in the oil city of Port Harcourt. I have seen deeply into the oil sector, what is solely keeping all of us here in Port Harcourt is oil. Take away oil and Nigeria economy will collapse. Nigerians are lacking in creativity thinking. I'm looking forward in having my family abroad because the future of this country is heading to the rock. People that are seeing the future has started planning.

How about prayers
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by mailingdgreat: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2017
This is broad day light bad-belle being exemplified. Why didn't he wish such when he was DG of Bureau of Public Enterprise or when he was Minister of FCT? Because he is seeing what oil producing states are receiving every month and comparing it to what Kaduna state is receiving, he is feeling downcast and dejected. If not for the revenue from oil which is being shared among the states that he gets as monthly allocation, how much does his state generate internally? Do not bite the finger that is feeding you!
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Daxyd4realzy(m): 10:03am On Sep 10, 2017
mazimee:
After enjoying the Oil money and building empires from it you want it to dry up? The oil in your brain will dry up.
grin
mazimee:
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2017

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 10, 2017
ok.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by abbeyty(m): 10:05am On Sep 10, 2017
And you return all you have made from the oil to its base.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Paperwhite(m): 10:05am On Sep 10, 2017
Sadistic ekwensu! Yet these ungrateful leeches are frantically exploring for same oil in Borno and other accursed areas.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by blackbeau1(f): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2017
It will only dry up after I've enjoyed my own share. Final answer
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2017
Kazim88:
El Rufai is just being Brutally honest.

Nigeria is obviously suffering from "Dutch Disease "

Ironically, If Nigeria divide the part without Oil would develop 3x faster than those that have plans.

Only someone with a deep understanding would see through of our oil curse.

Are you seeing the development in Dubai, Doha and Abu Dhabi? Do you even have an idea the power of well-utilized Crude Oil revenue?

Instead of praying we utilize our resources well, you guys are praying for drying up.

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2017
Praying cannot make the crude oil reserves finish so we are safe.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Are you seeing the development in Dubai, Doha and Abu Dhabi? Do you even have an idea the power of well-utilized Crude Oil revenue?

Instead of praying we utilize our resources well, you guys are praying for drying up.
Oil drilling will cause pollution, hurricanes and tornadoes plus earthquakes

To blazes with crude oil

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Mune: 10:10am On Sep 10, 2017
Even if it doesn't dry up, this is surely bound to happen whether we like it or not:

Electric Vehicles and the Future of Crude Oil
Electric Vehicles and the Future of Crude Oil

I don't think there is any resource in Nigeria that can compete with the almighty Crude oil in terms of anything. Oil is an invaluable resource second to none, and an important political bargaining tool for our brothers on the other side of the divide.

Why is oil so valuable?

Transportation, petrochemicals, industrialization and a host of so many human energy needs rely on oil. Transportation(land, air and sea) alone account for more than 50% of global oil demand.
By 2020-2028, crude oil demand will reach its peak and then steadily will begin to decline. It is forecasted that by 2034, natural gas will overtake oil as the main source of energy and by 2050, the single largest globally satisfying 27% of global demand according to Energy Transition Outlook by DNV GL, an assurance and risk management provider for the oil and gas industries.

Note:
Crude Oil is used to produce a number of fossil fuels i.e petrol, kerosene, aviation fuel, diesel, lubricants and so on. These energy sources produce a chunk of CO2 when burnt, so effort to phase them out is in top gear across the developed and some developing worlds.
Why the above forecast ?
Electric Vehicles(EV) have been around since 1960s. The biggest enemy of oil will be Electric Vehicles( EVs). Electric Vehicles(EVs) are easy to maintain than the Internal Combustion Engine Vehicles( ICEVs). There is an improved battery technology to make EVs drive same kilometers as ICEVs with a little amount of charge. The biggest problem of EVs is the cost of acquiring, a difference of like about N 3, 650, 000 to an ICEVs of same model, specification and year. This problem is now being rectified, and by 2020, this cost parity will be bridge.
By 2035, half passenger vehicles sold globally will be electric thus electrifying the world further. Britain pledge to place a ban on new diesel and petrol cars by 2040! These growing electrification will mean higher demand for energy( clean) to generate electricity from clean sources such as gas and renewable energy.

Why is gas sort after?
Because burning gas produce less amount of CO2 compared to other fossil fuel sources; is a clean energy source.., before finally renewables takeover nailing the oil and gas industries even further. Renewable energy will account for 85% of global electricity production by 2050 according DNV GL forecast.

Where Nigeria Stands?
Nigeria has proven reserves of 192 trillion cubic feet of gas; 7th in the world and 1st in Africa. Potential for expansion to 600 trillion cubic feet is forecasted to be achieved, if the following blocks are further explored according to NNPC
Chad basin 40 blocks
Benue trough 41 blocks
Anambra basin 12 blocks
Sokoto basin 28 blocks
Bida 17 blocks
Dahomey 37 blocks
Niger delta 17 blocks

192 tcf according to NNPC will only last between 36- 65 years depending on the consumption rate and demand and comes from the Niger delta blocks.
For my brothers in the North, renewable energy takeover is inevitable, so it will be very nice for our governments to invest in wind and solar, because we have the land and abundant sunshine considering the forecast above of 85% by 2050. Similarly, as listed above, the natural gas reserves spread across the whole country, so the wealth spread can be balanced out to avoid one calling other parasite.

https://abbasgarba..com.ng/2017/09/electric-vehicles-and-future-of-crude.html?m=1

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2017
fk001:

We don't care what other people think about us.

What is wrong in what he said? he only state the obvious.

We are lazy because of oil

We are not lazy because of Oil. We are lazy because of the cycle of massive looting going on in the country. If the resources of Crude Oil are channeled into Education, technology, infrastructure and Agriculture, the country will fly. Unfortunately, people like El-Rufai and Co will eat everything. Not invest for growth of the nation and pray for the resources dry.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by 1metre: 10:10am On Sep 10, 2017
mazimee:
imagine..prayer of a saddist.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by BanevsJoker(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2017
iamchily:
prayer of the dishearten and saddest.
No, youareenglish.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by buJu234: 10:10am On Sep 10, 2017
Oil may not dry up but in 20-40yrs time will becom irrelevant because of electrical cars and more fuel-efficient societies in western world.

Some people in their 20s-40s may find it hard to get their pension in the future, just like the today Nigerian railway corporation staffs because then Nigeria maybe a in deep recession if we don't developing other sectors

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Pesuzok(m): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2017
Oil to dry up, that will be the end of Nigeria.

The price of oil dropped by 50% and the country went into recession immediately, foreign reserve depleted very fast, unemployment, inflation e.t.c.

Not to talk of when the oil dries. Nobody is talking about diversification again, the new song now is restructuring. At the end nothing will happen.

The masses make up 70% of Nigeria's problem while I would give leadership 30%. Why? Because we dont ask questions and hold our leaders accountable.

How many people here have seen their individual state budget? I guess very few and nobody is asking questions, rather we engage in tribal wars.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Voters' Registration Per Region And States / Peter Esele: I Will Not Follow Obaseki To PDP / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.