Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,741 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds (56998 Views)

Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? / Ekuke Lovers Trend / All About The Nigerian Shepherd Dog (Ekuke, Nkita) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by hardywaltz(m): 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by jeeqaa7(m): 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by Kimcutie: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
soberdrunk:
Op i agree with your points except "No.4", we had an Ekuke' many years ago and when armed robbers visited, the dog did not make a single sound and we didnt see the dog for 'two days' angry

Ps-The dog had an unusual appetite for licking engine oil and destroying slippers and shoes........
Jesu!!!! Laf haff killed me grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by Everythinggoes: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2017
Thanks
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by six1996(m): 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
see this man.. na dog come be next for me... mtcheew
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by Sammyprinceson(f): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2017
With local dogs you have no reason for shitting inside toilet, alwaz preserve the shit for them and you are good to go. No need of spending money to buy food for them.

4 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by drealcivilceno(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

2. Feeding

Some people spend 10k+ every month just to feed their GSD. Some spend 15k+ just to feed their caucasian. With your local breed, why should you spend that much when all you have to do is feed it the remains of last night's food. They'll eat anything, they don't complain. Give them eba, they'll eat. If you want to treat them well, give them spoilt beans, they'll love you for ever.

Omo this particular post is very funny....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by ONeMAnMOPOL: 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2017
lafflaff123:
And they taste good too.
Especially with fresh palmwine.
Na xo my paddy, na calabar u be? 😀

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2017
This local breed od snake saved my life from being bitten by a cobra. The snake passed behnd me whilst sitting on a chair and i never knew.
it was the dog's consistent barking that got me curious. i went to have a look at what it was barking at and lo and behold i saw a snake, hoods up and ready to strike. na so i pick race run for my life.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by MisterGrace: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2017
soberdrunk:
Op i agree with your points except "No.4", we had an Ekuke' many years ago and when armed robbers visited, the dog did not make a single sound and we didnt see the dog for 'two days' angry

Ps-The dog had an unusual appetite for licking engine oil and destroying slippers and shoes........

grin grin grin Echo no.... Atooooogbo leoooo
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by Maximus85(m): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2017
lafflaff123:
And they taste good too.

Especially with fresh palmwine.

See your life outside? Chai

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by goldenarrow: 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
youngreva:
E get one ekuke for ma area,this thing specializes in eating poo from baby diapers near the dustbin.the dog will open the diapers carefully like a pro and then consume the shit,you will not even see any trace left.

The dog just died recently,ithink its as a result of eating too much infested shit.........say no to ekuke the shit chopper.

;DE

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by thundafire: 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
The raunchy males have puppies around the whole street in the neighbourhood

10 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by goldenarrow: 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2017
RSVP:
And let's talk about d Gucci boi grin grin

Is it '--ush somethin'?

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by FTrebirth(m): 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2017
what most people don't know is that ekuke is soooo underrated.

asides their slower growth and uglier appearance, these dogs learn faster than their foreign counterparts.

there's one way to find out...train an ekuke and a german shepherd together from their puppy-hood and see who outsmarts the other as they grow older.

22 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by zoedew: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2017
soberdrunk:

When you left it uncared for. It got back at you!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
I am getting a boerbull next month
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
decatalyst:

Who should come and die, biko?

Haha. Funniest one liner ever!

With the pix that is

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by cosmos1440: 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2017
6. Great Hunters
They are very good hunters. Even without a
any form of training, they are superb
hunters . I am yet to see a hunter or group
of hunters in Nigeria hunt with foreign
dogs.

11 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by lollarj(f): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2017
Well my akwa ibom man friend says theyre quite tasty.

3 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2017
Oh boy le,so local content don reach dog side too.Ok na.
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by RSVP: 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
goldenarrow:

Is it '--ush somethin'?

Lolz.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by KingTom(m): 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
Nutase:
all dogs eat poo. Opportunity is the difference. Foreign dogs are confined and lack that opportunity.
don't mind him I remember one Rottweiler that escaped from his owner's house come see as the dog siddon dey chow shìt and used pads embarassed

11 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by magzey: 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
soberdrunk:

you no dey give am correct Balance diet. grin grin
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by colossus91(m): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2017
my ekuke is crazily aggressive and doesn't eat poo,its all abt training,my dog fetches,and listens to me anytime if i tell her no she stops doing watever she's doing.......i love her so much she's the first dog i av ever had!! Thats my baby maxine

25 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by drehdinho(m): 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2017
soberdrunk:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by Michael2017: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2017
soberdrunk:

cheesy
Hilarious......."unusual appetite for licking engine oil..."
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by disandat(m): 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2017
I think you should add the poo-eating prowess as no 6. Saves you money on sewage disposal and you recycle the damn poo with palm wine years later.
Ekuke 2019 jor!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by brain54(m): 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2017
Adaowerri111:

A whole 2 days?
That dog is street wise...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by NevetsIbot(m): 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2017
even my German Shepard ate poo from the WC when shit refused to flush...... any dog will eat poo so forget.

I love these dogs. always very active and alert. one used to terrorize me as a kid.

grandpa takes his local dog on hunts.... those dogs are very skillful if you train them well

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by brain54(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2017
Sammyprinceson:
With local dogs you have no reason for shitting inside toilet, alwaz preserve the shit for them and you are good to go. No need of spending money to buy food for them.
puke. ...
Re: Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds by solomto(f): 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ekuke is good when trained well, the issue of security depends on how you trained it. If you want it to be aggressive like your foreign dog don't allow her to be close to people and also to be moving around the street. If you feed him well and keep her confined to your compound,you will love it.
The only difference comparing it wt some foreign dogs is size and their fur.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ikorodu Dog Walk Was A Success! .... / Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) / The Smart And Trained Snake We Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.