Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? (748 Views)

My Chest Is Bigger Than My Wife's Breast / Why are we afraid to Mary a Nigerian Girl ? / Man Caught Wife Being Screwed By Boyfriend: Couple Beat Bf (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by ako1tse: 6:52am On Sep 11, 2017
“As a husband, I won’t pray for my wife to be bigger than me, I am the head”
This is a global default, just a lot more emphasised in Africa. Your being a ‘man’ is heavily rested on your ability to be the head of your home by being the biggest source in the home, be it knowledge, finance or even physical strength.

Males are schooled for the first 30+ years of their lives on this being the way to be a man. “Work hard so you can take care of your family, or do you want your wife to take care of you?” to which everybody screams “NO”.
Similarly, females are brought up to accept this setting. The “go forth and be ‘acquired’ then limited for that is the way of the Lord” mentality, fully implanted by age 20.

Do I want my wife to be bigger than me?

Honestly, I don’t even know what that question means because she does not own anything, I do not own anything either. Everything is own by us, so it doesn’t really matter who is bigger, we are as big as the stronger of us is. If my maximum is 70% for example, praying for her to be bigger than that is praying for myself to be bigger than that! So yes, I pray to reach my maximum then I pray for her to top that maximum. Why be bothered? you are getting the maximum you prayed for!

You find, this is difficult to follow because couples never really start out together as a team. ‘my money’, your money’, ‘my car’, ‘your car’, ‘my house’, ‘your house’. You’d think this is common with just men till you see women with property quoting scriptures on how their things belong to them and the husband’s property belongs to all.
This, added to upbringing, is why we are where we are today.

Question: Why are we afraid of our wives being bigger than us?
Answer: So that we won’t be turned into ‘wives’ while they run us around.

This mind-set really is flawed but unfortunately, it is something that happens.

Where it starts to get confusing is how a man will become scared of being made the ‘wife’. This goes back to what a wife means to us in the first place. How bad is our definition of what a wife is that we dread the thought or anything that takes us there. As you are reading this, what’s coming to your mind? Grind pepper, wash pants, change diaper, cook….. LOL, it is enough to be scared over to be honest. If we improve the definition of what and who a wife is, we’d find, it need not be as bad as it currently is.

What, you want to protest that you treat your wife the best? Do you wish to become the wife then?
Don’t worry, you don’t need to answer that.

It is thought that women with more, are stubborn and difficult to control, and to be honest, there are examples all over the place but if attention is paid to personal leadership traits and setting the union up with an all-inclusive structure, it really wouldn’t matter who owns what or who is bigger.

Men will start a relationship with a mind-set that a woman that is bigger than you cannot be controlled, women will start the relationship with a mind-set that a man cannot be entrusted with one’s things else he squanders it or use it to marry another wife.

This is how we have been raised and unfortunately, this will continue until we decide to raise our children to better ideologies.
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by divinehand2003(m): 6:55am On Sep 11, 2017
Simply because you will inadvertently become the woman of the house while she turns to be the man. Most women lose it when they begin to earn more than the man does.
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by Lalas247(f): 6:59am On Sep 11, 2017
Interesting ..
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by KennyID17(m): 7:09am On Sep 11, 2017
Lalas247:

Interesting ..

Na here we go see u. I done seen what I came here to see, I'm sure u already know what I mean. C ya on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by Samusu(m): 7:09am On Sep 11, 2017
divinehand2003:
Simply because you will inadvertently become the woman of the house while she turns to be the man. Most women lose it when they begin to earn more than the man does.

Almost there
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by indodon(m): 7:09am On Sep 11, 2017
simple

If two women are fighting for you,, marry the looser

nobody wants may weda as a wife grin
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 11, 2017
Which kain winch make me book this yeye space now?
Mtcheewwwww
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by Lalas247(f): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2017
KennyID17:

Na here we go see u. I done seen what I came here to see, I'm sure u already know what I mean. C ya on the other side.
Jesu I got scared when I saw the mention
Aite I'm coming grin I no kuku dey hear word before tongue morning sweets
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by babyfaceafrica: 7:12am On Sep 11, 2017
Story
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 11, 2017
African mentality
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by sekxyqueen(f): 7:18am On Sep 11, 2017
Typical African mentality, ,that is why most men get upset or figdet at the mention of feminism without concrete knowledge of it...
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by Tenkobos(m): 7:28am On Sep 11, 2017
sekxyqueen:
Typical African mentality, ,that is why most men get upset or figdet at the mention of feminism without concrete knowledge of it...
Bia nwanem, there is no feminism in Nigeria so leave that talk for another. I and the rest of us on here don't kick against Nigeria feminism because feminism in its truest form is bad, we are totally against its double standards.

@op. It is ok for your woman to be richer if you're doing well yourself but it is hell on earth for you if you're broke and the woman is rich.
Your life will be cut short.
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by Emjay1310(m): 7:44am On Sep 11, 2017
Its normal that men should control all major affairs of the family. Being richer than her husband, the wife will assume front seat while the husband takes the back seat
Re: Why Are We Afraid Of Our Wife Being Bigger Than Us? by Balistic4: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2017
OP i get your point. for years now I've been the one doing almost all the financial thing and I always treat my money as our money, but now, bae has gotten job she is paid almost x3 my salary now that fear thing is trying to come in but i won't let it as i am well to do on my own. But bae is very matured sha, i believe she is different cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Go Back To Being A Witch / Which Is Better, True Love Or Good Sex? / Lady Mix Menstruation Blood With Spag To Make Her Boyfriend Propose To Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.