Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 12/09/2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 12/09/2017 (339 Views)

Rev. Ntia I. Ntia Of Full Life Christian Center Survives A Car Accident In Uyo / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Saturday, 14/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 12/09/2017 by niceluvsus(m): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2017
LIFEWAY CHRISTIAN CENTER:
#DAILY #DEVOTIONAL
THE WORD FOR TODAY!
TUESDAY, 12/09/2017

#TOPIC: SPIRITUAL FAMINE/DRYNESS/DRAUGHT (PT. 2)

#TEXT:
Amos 8:12 (KJV)
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

1 Samuel 28:6-7 (KJV)
6 And when Saul enquired of the LORD, the LORD answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.
7 Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at En-dor.

#MESSAGE:
Welcome to today's devotional! My prayer for you is that you will never experience spiritual draught in Jesus mighty name. Spiritual famines kills, as a matter of fact that's what killed king Saul.

# Another factor that triggers spiritual famine is disobedience and idolatry. It was the disobedience of Saul that made God to cut off all the medium of communications, and famine came in. He was hungry and thirsty for the Word, he really needed to hear God but draught has come. He now sealed his foolishness by consulting familiar spirit which is idolatry, and that made God to shut the heavens over him.

# Read this scripture that buttress what actually happened to king Saul. Amos 8:12-13 (KJV)
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.

# Friends, whatever that is making you to walk in disobedience to God is only setting you up for spiritual dryness. To some it could be an idol in their heart: something other than God which takes first place in your priorities. Listen, when God lose the throne of your heart, He is moved to jealousy. He will be compelled to withdraw so that you could be given a chance to see the futility of serving the alternative you have chosen. Some people may not live to recover from this, that is why you must ensure you set Him first in "all" things.

# Beloved, if God is not occupying the first place in your life, but you allow (even legitimate) things such as work, business ventures or academic pursuit to take the center stage of your life, God will be forced to withdraw His grace, and of course, when His grace is withdrawn, failure is inevitable!

# Dearly beloved, if you don't want to experience spiritual famine, you must walk in total obedience and dethrone whatever that has become an idol in your life.

#PRAYER:
Father Lord, whatever the idol, and however dear to me, that is making me to walk in disobedience, help me to dethrone it and obey you only in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Pray For The Peace Of Nigeria / Confessions Of A Secret Sinner (4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.