Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble (7560 Views)

Pics: Ibadan people Puts Jonathan In A Coffin..Chanting Sai Buhari / Why Can't The Anambra State Government Build The Second River Niger Bridge??? / Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble by Beaf: 11:32am On Mar 02, 2010
nurexg:

@gunerz007,
Guy you a big fool for calling pepole from kano and kastina illitrate. Tell the person that is reforming your country banking sector if your father? or the only PhD holder in criminology in the nigerian army is your uncle? Dont be naive in passing your jugedment.

This dredging issue is a storm in a teacup.

The country faces other urgent and pressing matters that make this matter look like an attempt to sabotage Jonathan (which it is)with tribal / sectional issues.
The dredging pales in importance when compared to lack of jobs, rampant crime, health issues (malaria, polio, menigitis, river blindness. . .), poverty, kidnapping, lack of education, religious intolerance etc I could go on and on and on.
Re: River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2010
@ beaf
please help to tell them what the country is facing now. sad sad sad
Re: River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble by edoyad(m): 12:17pm On Mar 02, 2010
@nurexg you can't blame the guy for generalising katsina and kano people as illiterates. Though There're many educated people in those states but the percentage of illiterates there among adults and children is overwhelming, something like over 70%.
Re: River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2010
edoyad:

the percentage of illiterates there among adults and children is overwhelming, something like over 70%.
were did you get this statistics from?
have ever been to rivers state?
for information people from kano go to school more than that of a rivers state. but that is not the case, here in nigeria education is no more right but rathere a privillage.
Re: River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble by Gunnaz007: 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2010
@nurexg you are so feeble minded angry to be decieved by the antics of sycophants who have been beating drums of war against jonathan; funds for the niger delta shoreline protection had nothing to do with river niger dredging; and here you are crying wolf as if your father's estate was consficated by efcc; GROW UP and learn about the politics of conservative north. They have succeeded in some way to coopt some igbos against jonathan, but for selfish gains; i bet u when it is time for religious riots, they won't spare even a pregnant igbo woman or child; so, STEP UP nurexg, dont be fooled by the propaganda of the conservative north ahn.
Re: River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble by adconline(m): 4:06am On Mar 03, 2010
The dredging pales in importance when compared to lack of jobs, rampant crime, health issues (malaria, polio, menigitis, river blindness. . .), poverty, kidnapping, lack of education, religious intolerance etc I could go on and on and on.

Jonathan brought this upon himself, cos one of his aides had said something to that effect. This is a damage control gone awry. He- Jonathan should  not have let this be deli brated on in the first place. This case has  two facets- It will cause an ethnic tension and it will be illegal for him to do that i.e grounds for impeachment. You do not redraw a boundary if you have not completely defeated the enemy and claimed their territory.
Re: River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:31am On Mar 03, 2010
Ha ha ha ha. this one don beging. The fact is dredging river niger is less important in comparism with developing Niger Delta, mostly the justification for the dredging is to ease transportation from coastal areas to landlock north. In my opinion railways resurrection can solve the square, and is meaningful and can reach all cronies in the nation. Secondly, considering the amount to be use in dredging R N is too enough to rehabilited our railways. in the other hand, Niger Delta peace and Development with good leadership is the most important miracle to the progress of other sectors in Nigeria, including transportation, Agriculture and what have you. let me side an example with OIL RICH SAUDI ARABIA, Saudi Arbia is situated amid Arbian desert, places like Jeddah don't ve' much rainfall sometimes is only twice a year or nope at all, hence, farming is not a life style. But becos of oil producing regions are well developed and they are peace leaving areas, Saudi are supplying edible fruits more than enough for consumption.
In my opinion what Jonathan did is in right direction. Bring peace to Niger delta, develop Niger delta and have good governace, amid this centuary we dont need dredging river niger to boost out transportation. we are in a soft touch world now. But very unfurtunate peeps are politicising the moves. untill we change PDP and remove the bad eggs in our basket wherever they're. then this conutry will have peace. My country men my God bless Nigeria and bless you.
Re: River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble by Abagworo(m): 8:53am On Mar 03, 2010
what of the impact on the environment?did they tell us the truth about the environmental impact assesement?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massob Vows To Retaliate Killing Of Igbos! Wop Wop! Ghen Ghen! / Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency / See Latest Development @ Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.