Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

404Dev's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 404Dev's Profile / 404Dev's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

Programming / Any Developers In Owerri? by 404Dev: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2023
Are there any developers currently in Owerri?
Business / Re: ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ by 404Dev: 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2023
HazzanTazzan:

UK paypal and US paypal accounts available...

youre recommending me to people and u still dey carry my food go outside...

WHY WHY WHY !!!

Do you sell the PayPal accounts?
Politics / Re: Arise TV And Tweeter Has Currently Been Shut Down!!! by 404Dev: 11:52am On Mar 01, 2023
Twitter is down worldwide for some users.

Can’t speak about arise as not close to a television to verify

Crime / Re: by 404Dev: 11:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
The op clearly doesn’t know or understand the meaning of the word “defraud”.

This is simply a bad business deal for the op but no one was defrauded of his money here.

What the seller did was morally and ethically wrong but again like many others have pointed out already morality is relative and what you consider ethical, another might not.

There is not wrong in the buyer sharing his ordeal here so that others can be aware of the business ethics of the seller but claiming he was defrauded by the seller is wrong and such never happened.

What the op is doing here is libel and according to our laws that is criminal.

A better title and narrative would have been “My bad business experience with …”

Wrongly claiming he was defrauded by the seller is exactly the same as the seller stole from him.

1 Share

Programming / Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by 404Dev: 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2023
Devdevdev:
I'm very very confident in my vanilla CSS skills and I want to put it to public scrutiny.

Challenge me by posting a screenshot of any UI from any website or any figma design of your choice and I will replicate that design in 30 minutes, for desktop and for mobile view. I'll post my design as well as the CSS code.

I'll use just vanilla CSS. No framework, no Javascript and no external libraries..

Can you create this for me?

I will pay for this.

I need just the CSS and HTML, don't worry about the functionality of the close button or the positioning of the toast.

Need Just the design

Programming / Re: I Need Explanation On This Code?? Php Programmers by 404Dev: 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2023
fhranchez:
thank you, not trusting the user is sanitizing the input, but guiding the user to make valid inputs is validation. So, why should i do that in the backend again, if not for time wasting

1. Javascript can be disabled and your validation rules would not even run and you would run into big problems by working with wrong input (database errors, huge logical errors).

2. Anything on the front end can y manipulated by the user. 98% of users would not know how to do this, but it can be done, so if you are using user input without validation and sanitation, you are setting yourself up for big headaches.

An example for context, let's say you are building a grants app that allows users to request grants from the government. But each user can request a maximum of NGN 500,000 only. And you create a validation function on the frontend that checks the input and ensures the value is below the limit before submitting the form.

If I decide javascript from my browser, then your validation function will never run and I successfully request for a grant of NGN 10,000,000 without any issues.

So even if you validate on the frontend, you should always always validate on the backend.

Never ever trust any input from the end user.
Gaming / Xbox One Pad Needed by 404Dev: 12:33am On Dec 16, 2022
I need xbox one pad to buy.

If you have please signify, thank you.
Webmasters / Can’t Add My Phone Number To Twitter by 404Dev: 1:09pm On Dec 14, 2022
Created a new twitter and tried adding my phone but keep getting phone number is invalid. Strange thing is this same number is added to my main twitter account. Even tried my wife’s number same invalid error.

Is this a new update that blocks Nigerian numbers?
Art, Graphics & Video / I Need A Logo Designer To Create A Logo Today by 404Dev: 3:49am On Dec 02, 2022
I need a logo designer to create a logo for me today.

Email me your sample works and your charge at egusi2020@gmail.com

I need this done today.
Crime / Re: Soldier Beats Content Creator Teaser Prank For Pranking Him (video) by 404Dev: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2022
He be wan blow, now the don use blow finish his face
Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2022
ejire042:

0802 949 8097
reach out to him. One of the best in the business
Okay thanks
Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
Anyone here into solar installation? Looking to get a quote.
Business / What Is Your Monthly Marketing Budget For Your Website? by 404Dev: 12:31am On Oct 07, 2022
I am launching a new website/business later this month.

It is a site where I would sell my WordPress plugins and other software, and I have yet to get the marketing plan nailed down.

I am budgeting $1000 - $1500 monthly for the marketing and am not really sure about it (is it too little? is it too much?)

Would like to know what folks with similar sites spend on marketing though so I can plan properly.

And what marketing channels should I focus on initially (facebook?, youtube? sponsored posts?)
Webmasters / What Is Your Monthly Marketing Budget For Your Website? by 404Dev: 12:15am On Oct 07, 2022
I am launching a new website/business later this month.

It is a site where I would sell my WordPress plugins and other software, and I have yet to get the marketing plan nailed down.

I am budgeting $1000 - $1500 monthly for the marketing and am not really sure about it (is it too little? is it too much?)

Would like to know what folks with similar sites spend on marketing though so I can plan properly.

And what marketing channels should I focus on initially (facebook?, youtube? sponsored posts?)
Webmasters / Re: References For My Domiciliary Account by 404Dev: 12:06am On Oct 07, 2022
Teenasblog:
Please, I have been trying for months to get a current account as reference in other to open a domiciliary account. But, I can't seem to find any. The one I managed to find was a salary account.

Is there anyone that can help me with a UBA current or domiciliary account as a reference? This thing has affected my business so much.

If you can help me email this address edwinjustina12345@gmail.com

Thank you❤️

Meet those marketer bankers, tell them you don't have references, and they would sort you out.

That's how I did mine.

1 Like

Programming / Re: My Wordpress Website Has Issuess by 404Dev: 12:02am On Oct 07, 2022
And you didn't share the error?

1 Like

Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2022
odimbannamdi:

The currency thread is replete with offers from sellers who can help people checkout payments on various websites. I do same thing for even my professional exams, certificates and memberships. So, it is very common.

On eBay, there is what is a guest checkout (that's what you are referring to, you can give an item link with your email and address and I can guest checkout for you without needing your login details.) and that is not what he is proposing.

Adding any sort of payment method into someone else's logged-in account or purchasing with someone else's account is a big-time security risk, there is absolutely no other way to see it for me.

3 Likes

Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2022
Biggyz:

Typical submissions of people who do not understand the context of a post before jumping into the discussion. Run back to your holes, o ye kerfuffle agent.

So sorry I never stoop to the level of trading insults.

So we ain’t doing this bro.

Again this deal doesn’t make sense, it’s just 500k, you’ve won the bid already so just pay up, take delivery of the item, confirm the condition and state of the item and then you can advertise for sale.

Else you can still keep on “looking for the buyer” you said is the only hindrance to you actually paying and taking delivery of the item.

Shalom

7 Likes

Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2022
Biggyz:

For God's sake! And the one you posted is brand new abi? Dey calm down before you argue.

I dare you to chat the seller to request the cosmetic of the one you just posted.
Oga rest o.

This your deal no make sense at all.

3 Likes

Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2022
Biggyz:

Again, reread my previous post, like ABC and not 2x1 2. I won the offer, so how would the person with the new account be able to access the sales..something already marked Sold by eBay?

Then forget about it cos it’s a security breach for someone to add his payment method to your eBay account or don’t you think so?

Or better pay for it, take delivery of the item and then you can sell it

3 Likes

Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2022
Biggyz:

Hehehehe...again, I never said anyone should pay me in advance for anything. The major idea was to check out the item; will provide the person my login details for eBay sef to have a direct chat with the seller. Item will be shipped to the person's preferred US address (for pickup), not mine! So, you may want to go back to my previous post and read it gently like you will read ABC before you start talking from the problematic part of your brain.
The buyer can just use his own eBay account or create one within minutes if he does not have one right?

Or is the seller exclusive to just your eBay account?

Why add his payment method to your own eBay account?

1 Like

Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
Biggyz:

Who is this one again toriolohun! Check the said technology section for Microsoft Surface Book 2, then come back to comment. At least you might have been better educated.

By the way, Jiji and Jumia is your friend. Amazon is not far off too.

Insulting everybody who questions this your deal is really daft o. Seriously.

You are yet to give any valid justification as to why someone would pay you in advance for a laptop even you the seller has not even seen physically?

That’s the point of concern and not whether your prospective buyer spent 10 years working for the 500k or not.

Someone asked why you can’t purchase the laptop, take delivery of it before advertising it you and you replied that you didn’t have the time to look for buyers and I ask again, isn’t that what you are doing here?

5 Likes

Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
Biggyz:

Nah! I can't go through the stress of finding a buyer for such. I usually see how many times CV guys hawk their items on this platform before finally getting a buyer. Plus, I just processed payment for a similar item myself, also on eBay -- ditched this for it because it is Microsoft Surface Book 3 while this is Book 2.

I actually posted in case someone might be in search of such a premium Laptop/Netbook and would like to take advantage of the offer.

Isn’t that still what you’re doing - looking for a buyer or am I missing something

1 Like

Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
Always remember this golden rule.

If it looks like a scam
Smells like a scam
Talks like a scam

Then it is definitely a scam!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Webmasters / Email Sales Copywriter Needed by 404Dev: 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2022
Good and experienced email sales copywriter urgently needed.

Monthly pay—long-term work.

Job description: You will mainly be given a product sales page and have to write emails promoting the product.

Email at egusi2020@gmail.com if interested

2 Likes

Literature / Email Sales Copywriter Needed by 404Dev: 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2022
Good and experienced email sales copywriter urgently needed.

Monthly pay—long-term work.

Job description: You will mainly be given a product sales page and have to write emails promoting the product.

Email at egusi2020@gmail.com if interested

2 Likes

Autos / Re: I Buy House Hold Items (japa Related) by 404Dev: 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2022
You can check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3589456/house-clearance-sales-come-here and make your announcement there. Folk always flock there to post their household items for sale

1 Like

Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
GloriousGbola:

your guy said he has G1 oled na

and i did a quick look see through his profile to see if he is the kind of person who can drop 1.5m on a an OLED

or are all of you in this gang barely literate? tongue

like i said, i have over 200 posts here.feel free to post about how you have your own rtx 3090 laptop to counter me in a differnt argument tongue tongue

LOL

This is the post you quoted and I simply asked how your answer relates to what your quoted and you come again with this, really?

You don’t have to be always right, just like the guy said anyone who is barely literate would know that, wouldn’t he?

LOL again

3 Likes

Family / Re: House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! by 404Dev: 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2022
GloriousGbola:

$2,199.99 is N1,320,000 without allowing for shipping, profit etc.

there is a difference between debate and mindless trolling

i have over 200 posts here.

feel free to contradict every one of them with your different stories if that will make your willy stand tongue

you can tell me about how you have all of them as well tongue

LOL.

Do you even read before you quote?

What does this have to do with anything you quoted even in the slightest way, seriously?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.