Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE (6434 Views)

CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS / Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) / APC Vice Chairman Denounce The Announcement Of The Publicity Sec On Ekiti Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

The Omoluabi concept in Yoruba philosophy is about upholding truth, justice and uprightness of conduct.

There are instances when a confrontation is self-provoked. There are other times when a confrontation is deliberate act of impunity and injustice.

If Yoruba was in power Kanu will not be going through this flagrant abuse. Kanu does not own Iboland. The indigenes own the land. Why is FG occupying and terrorizing indigenes over their land? This is sheer human right abuse, no other way to candy coat it.

Lets even assume that Kanu should be arrested to preempt trouble. Isnt that police job? Why deploy a battalion to arrest one man?

The agenda and the theater of show of force is a proactive calculation towards a much bigger goal. They are using Kanu to rehearse and polish the process. It will be the turn of another twon soon. They want to turn South into a hot zone and kill off the debate and talks on restructure.

When bullets are flying and soldiers are conducting house to house search in Ilorin, Ife, Iseyin, Ondo, Benin, Warri, Yenagoa, Asaba, Awka, Umuahia, Owerri....who will have time and mind to speak in favor of restructure? Nobody!

Silence over this matter in Iboland is totally unacceptable. It is repulsive....this is cruelty!
Not Now!

Not This... undecided undecided undecided

SMH!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by t12tosin: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
Y?
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by tobida: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
victorDanladi:

so you want to be there next wole soyinka?

They will come back here tomorrow and call you cowards,betrayals and all sort of name!

I am not a Biafran, i dont think Nigeria should split but Buhari will break this country, he lacks tact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by okway2: 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

The Omoluabi concept in Yoruba philosophy is about upholding truth, justice and uprightness of conduct.

There are instances when a confrontation is self-provoked. There are other times when a confrontation is deliberate act of impunity and injustice.

If Yoruba was in power Kanu will not be going through this flagrant abuse. Kanu does not own Iboland. The indigenes own the land. Why is FG occupying and terrorizing indigenes over their land? This is sheer human right abuse, no other way to candy coat it.

Lets even assume that Kanu should be arrested to preempt trouble. Isnt that police job? Why deploy a battalion to arrest one man?

The agenda and the theater of show of force is a proactive calculation towards a much bigger goal. They are using Kanu to rehearse and polish the process. It will be the turn of another twon soon. They want to turn South into a hot zone and kill off the debate and talks on restructure.

When bullets are flying and soldiers are conducting house to house search in Ilorin, Ife, Iseyin, Ondo, Benin, Warri, Yenagoa, Asaba, Awka, Umuahia, Owerri....who will have time and mind to speak in favor of restructure? Nobody!

Silence over this matter in Iboland is totally unacceptable. It is repulsive....this is cruelty!

Yawn.......

How hard is it to mind your own business?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by okway2: 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2017
DonVikings:
Dont mind the phooolish op trying to be politically correct.

Phuuck that shiit. Let the idiots bear the full stench of their own farts. angry

Help me ask the demon that's chasing some Yoruba people o. The thing weak me.

Which Ibo coward spoke against aboki during Abiola's era?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by babyfaceafrica: 9:41pm On Sep 12, 2017
tobida:

I am not a Biafran, i dont think Nigeria should split but Buhari will break this country, he lacks tact.
super story.. Everyone should mind their business

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by babyfaceafrica: 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

super story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by meccuno: 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
Mainstream Nigeria must stand up for self preservation against tyranny of the minority with majority rule.

The present incursion of boots, guns and machineries in Igboland is an insult and effrontery to all Southerners.

This is the same tactic of divide and eliminate we have seen with Fulani attacks. They attack Gboko today, Akure, Aba, Benin and Sapele are silent.

They attack Akure next week, Gboko, Aba, Benin and Sapele are quiet.

The week after they attack Oron, people in Asaba, Port Harcourt,Gboko and Akure and Awka keep quiet.

Gradually, fulani, a minority, has systematically enshrined itself as a parallel army and turned every part of Southern and Middlebelt Nigeria to its roaming domain to perpetuate any atrocity it deems fit whenever it suits a political agenda.

If Akure, Benin, Aba, Sapele, Oron, Awka, Asaba had all spoken up and took reprisal action in support of Gboko, fulani would have been trained to accept that Southern Nigeria will not submit to its political agenda and it will be force for force on any assault. But what we did instead is get on newspaper and condemn and warn. Even when the warning and condemnation had no effect, year after year...we still warn and condemn.

So it has come to this. Now Army is in Umuahia, Ibadan, Benin, Port Harcourt, Awka, all are silent.

Tomorrow Army will use the fulani model and move to Ibadan, the rest wil be silent.

After that Army is in Gboko, ...we are all condemning and warning still.

Pretty soon all over South is turned to occupied land. Fulani rulers in Aso will then have a easy path, with the coopt of Army to truly turn all our lands into Fulani grazing zone.

Ten years from now we will still be warning and condemning.

Has there ever been an incidence of any Southern ethnic group causing riot in North and killing people in bloodshed they way they Northerners do in South? Never!

All should rise up and troop to the street and demand immediate expulsion of all Army occupation anywhere in South. We sustain the North. The oil from South and the ports in South, without these the North will be like Chad, poor and wretched.

We are the mainstream. There is no country in world where mainstream is held hostage and battered by the minority voice. Nigerian's case is an exception and a cowardly response.

Shame to South! I do not ever want to hear another Southerner brandish his degree and phd in my face...I will curse him out.
is this the same person or am i dreaming
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
victorDanladi:

soyinka went to jail because of biafra.what did yoruba get in returns when there own achebe was no where to be found?calling us cowards and calling soyinka himself mad professor.

yorubas voted for GEJ in 2011 while soyinka and tunde bakare fought turai yaradua cabal on GEJ behalf,what did we get in returns?...Abuse and insults!

They litter ibadan and lagos making money,yet they see there host as enemies and rivals!

those guys are animals and ingrates!

My Dad is a pastor.I will never forget this:
wasn't only when gej was president that govt started giving respect to Soyinka.
Soyinka fought the northern cabals? seem you are a kid. what power does he had then. when better people dey talk you dey go call Soyinka.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by omohayek: 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

While I find your principled stance on this issue admirable, what do you do when the people on whose behalf you want to take such a stand insist on insulting you for it, just like a certain troll on this thread has done several times now? Why play the martyr for idiots who can never see anything positive in anything done by anyone Yoruba?

No matter how well-intentioned you are, you can't force help on people who don't want to be helped, and who are so eaten up by envy and hatred that they feel compelled to call you a "coward" even on a thread which is all about taking a stand on their behalf. It seems like a waste of energy to me to be sticking up for principles on behalf of those who are intent on making enemies of everyone, even those - or, rather, particularly those - who extend their hands in friendship.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
omohayek:

While I find your principled stance on this issue admirable, what do you do when the people on whose behalf you want to take such a stand insist on insulting you for it, just like a certain troll on this thread has done several times now? Why play the martyr for idiots who can never see anything positive in anything done by anyone Yoruba?

No matter how well-intentioned you are, you can't force help on people who don't want to be helped, and who are so eaten up by envy and hatred that they feel compelled to call you a "coward" even on a thread which is all about taking a stand on their behalf. It seems like a waste of energy to me to be sticking up for principles on behalf of those who are intent on making enemies of everyone, even those - or, rather, particularly those - who extend their hands in friendship.
Exactly!

You've said everything.

That's what I don't understand about such Yoruba folks: ''Voltron Complex ''

Why don't you form the Voltron concerning issues of the SW first?

Leave Biafra issue alone!

Itesiwaju Ile Yoruba lo kan wa!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by willibounce1(m): 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2017
the bravest criminal goats in the world don't need anybody to help them. They are born warriors and the strongest in the world. they can defeat any army that comes their way. they are not like the afonja cowards. Abeg OP, you can as well call your family members to go and help you fight for irresponsible,lazy, daft ipod criminals so that you get arrested with them

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
willibounce1:
the bravest criminal goats in the world don't need anybody to help them. They are born warriors and the strongest in the world. they can defeat any army that comes their way. they are not like the afonja cowards. Abeg OP, you can as well call your family members to go and help you fight for irresponsible,lazy, daft ipod criminals so that you get arrested with them
@ImperialYoruba, See this...
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Cinkq: 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
Why should yoruba and any other tribe show concern for them when their doctrine is all about standing alone and separating their tribe from other Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by rosebowl01(m): 11:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
okway2:
Wetin concern yoruba again? Please leave me alone and lemme enjoy my sleep cool

Yorubas always trying to play republican. When have diabolical Ibos spoken against Yoruba marginalization?

Wrong! I think this actuall directly concerns Yoruba more than any other group. Just like us, Igbos are a majority group in Nigeria, and southern Nigeria to be precise. A systematic attack of this type on Igbos sends a message to Yorubas that should the Fulanis decide to silence us, nobody can stop them. I know that Igbos are not our friends per se, but our mutual interests in this union is unfortunately tied to the same issue. We must rise up to fight this attack on freedom of speech and association with the same (or greater) vigor that we use to condemn Kanu's hate speech and constant insult.

Emotions aside, Op's point is quite clear and I can only but agree with it 100%

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by babyfaceafrica: 11:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
Op should lead nah..nansense..after the whole abuse Yoruba suffers online and offline..this one is talking grammar..una neverr are anything..go ask Fayose and ffk to help una na?

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Cinkq: 11:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
They've said they have nothing in common with us so why should we now be fighting their battles

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Cinkq: 11:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
Recently ipob and massob ordered their members and other igbos to stop patronizing whatever business established by a yoruba man. Who condemned them for that statement? Ageg make everybody fight hin battle jare. Afterall that is what they meant by we have nothing in common with the yorubas. People you believe you share nothing in common with should now be fighting for you? He no make sense rara.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Gayigaskia(m): 11:59pm On Sep 12, 2017
I tot they said they don't need anyone, they have air defence system����

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by IgboSubmarine: 12:00am On Sep 13, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

rosebowl01

You are smart to see that the real motive is to kill off the agitation for Restructuring

Kanu has finally awoken the urge for Restructuring in the minds of every freedom loving Yoruba which has sent fear into the hearts of Hausa Fulani people that the South is uniting in their demand for Restructuring

They believe if they kill Kanu, that Yorubas will keep quiet

Unfortunately for them, this crisis will escalate to a full blown war which will stir up every ethnic group to demand Restructuring or Disintegration

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Cinkq: 12:06am On Sep 13, 2017
This op just vex me with this article. You remember they threatened pastor kumuyi not to enter igbo land? Which igbo man condemned them. Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Cinkq: 12:16am On Sep 13, 2017
We have nothing in common with yorubas is a verry deep word that i will never forget. Meaning even when you fight for them they'll still be seeing you as their enemy.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:18am On Sep 13, 2017
omohayek:

Deeply felt principles are above such pettiness. You either have the integrity to stand up for what you believe or you don't. The infantile posts of internet keyboard warriors should hardly be the basis on which you build your opinions. Your post encapsulates the problems of the Nigerian South and why despite all the worthless Phd's, those Northern "illiterates" show the political savvy that eludes us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Deedeedee0: 12:18am On Sep 13, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
[s]Mainstream Nigeria must stand up for self preservation against tyranny of the minority with majority rule.

The present incursion of boots, guns and machineries in Igboland is an insult and effrontery to all Southerners.

This is the same tactic of divide and eliminate we have seen with Fulani attacks. They attack Gboko today, Akure, Aba, Benin and Sapele are silent.

They attack Akure next week, Gboko, Aba, Benin and Sapele are quiet.

The week after they attack Oron, people in Asaba, Port Harcourt,Gboko and Akure and Awka keep quiet.

Gradually, fulani, a minority, has systematically enshrined itself as a parallel army and turned every part of Southern and Middlebelt Nigeria to its roaming domain to perpetuate any atrocity it deems fit whenever it suits a political agenda.

If Akure, Benin, Aba, Sapele, Oron, Awka, Asaba had all spoken up and took reprisal action in support of Gboko, fulani would have been trained to accept that Southern Nigeria will not submit to its political agenda and it will be force for force on any assault. But what we did instead is get on newspaper and condemn and warn. Even when the warning and condemnation had no effect, year after year...we still warn and condemn.

So it has come to this. Now Army is in Umuahia, Ibadan, Benin, Port Harcourt, Awka, all are silent.

Tomorrow Army will use the fulani model and move to Ibadan, the rest wil be silent.

After that Army is in Gboko, ...we are all condemning and warning still.

Pretty soon all over South is turned to occupied land. Fulani rulers in Aso will then have a easy path, with the coopt of Army to truly turn all our lands into Fulani grazing zone.

Ten years from now we will still be warning and condemning.

Has there ever been an incidence of any Southern ethnic group causing riot in North and killing people in bloodshed they way they Northerners do in South? Never!

All should rise up and troop to the street and demand immediate expulsion of all Army occupation anywhere in South. We sustain the North. The oil from South and the ports in South, without these the North will be like Chad, poor and wretched.

We are the mainstream. There is no country in world where mainstream is held hostage and battered by the minority voice. Nigerian's case is an exception and a cowardly response.

Shame to South! I do not ever want to hear another Southerner brandish his degree and phd in my face...I will curse him out. [/s]
Ogbeni, if you have nothing sensible to say, just keep shut. Whatever happens to Igbos does not concern Yoruba people. If the Army had invaded Yoruba land, you would see these Igbos mocking us and calling us cowards. They will even celebrate it and blame Yoruba people for voting Buhari in 2 years ago.
Ebos are not to be trusted!
We dont give a fucckk about them!
Let them carry their cross alone

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Saintsquare(m): 12:27am On Sep 13, 2017
Viergeachar:

Relax bro...

United the South stands, divided it falls.

Nigeria can't continue like this. I salute the Igbos for taking the bull by the horn. We Yorubas too must not rest until the nation is restructured.
The north is holding everybody down... sad
Yorubas are eating ofe nsala lol

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by crownprince102: 12:30am On Sep 13, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

I've replied your mail since and we are now connected. Send your mobile number please
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by MasterChen: 12:36am On Sep 13, 2017
Cinkq:
Recently ipob and massob ordered their members and other igbos to stop patronizing whatever business established by a yoruba man. Who condemned them for that statement? Ageg make everybody fight hin battle jare. Afterall that is what they meant by we have nothing in common with the yorubas. People you believe you share nothing in common with should now be fighting for you? He no make sense rara.

Abeg swing me a link to the emboldened.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by 7lives: 12:37am On Sep 13, 2017
I'm sorry to say this but any Yoruba that carry Igbo matter for head is on his own.
The last time I checked, Yorubas have played the role of opposition since the creation of this country.
Our noisy neighbors have not even played up to three years and it's been shedding of crocodile tears all the way.
What is good for the goose is equally good for the gander, let them go and play opposition and stop crying.
Igbos are on their own, playing their own kind of opposition, what ever happen to them is not Yorubas business.
Any Yoruba who chooses to stick his or her nose into Igbo business, deserves to have both the nose and the head smashed into pieces.
Ire o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by ElsonMorali: 12:45am On Sep 13, 2017
Drogbs:

Clown, you didn't fight for Abiola when a fulani government poisoned him to death
You didn't fight when They killed his wife
You didn't fight when fulani's occupied Ilorin and installed an Emir
You didn't fight when your June 12 Nadeco heroes were hunted down like flies and killed or imprisoned
I could go on and on...
Na Igbos you wan come fight for? of course Soyinka and Fawehimi of blessed memory are the few cream of the civilized Yoruba intelligentsia that knew injustice by it's true colors and stood against it...the generality of yorubas are just docile sitting ducks of divided interest who can't even fight their own battles, yet want to play hero for people who took bullets for 3 years for a cause...don't ever disrespect the Igbos with those impetuous lies, never ever again

See mumu talk o. Ok fine. At least you mentioned two Yoruba men who you called "cream of the civilized blah blah blah" Because they fought the cause of the Igbos, now mention just one Igbo that fought for the cause of any other tribe in Nigeria, not even for the Yorubas.

I see you're beating that torn drum of "Yorubas are cowards" that your parents told you. Do yourself a favour, go and meet your elders in the village and ask them to list the names of political and human rights activists this country has ever produced since independence and then ask yourself where are the Igbo names.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by laudate: 12:48am On Sep 13, 2017
omohayek:

Gbam!! sad When some of us from minority groups were begging them back then to stop the hate speech, and build bridges across the ethnic divide, they insulted us and our ancestors. sad When they were drawing their Biafran map, and annexing some of our homelands into their enclave by subterfuge, we protested and they lampooned us calling us unprintable names. undecided Bros, no vex. Your people can help if they want to do so, but I trust my own people, we shall siddon dey look and mind our own business, jejely! Many of our kinsmen learnt huge lessons, from what happened in 1967. Even till now, we are still fighting different skirmishes within our territories, and no other ethnic group has stepped in to help us.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by MasterChen: 12:56am On Sep 13, 2017
You folks forget things easily on this forum lol.

Have we forgotten how these clowns were twerking when some ND thugs said Yorubas must leave ND before October 1?

Have we forgotten how they used to call us Unity-begging Afon-jas everytime we told them this method is ineffective?

Have we forgotten how they used to call us environmentalists everytime Avengers burst pipeline?

Have we forgotten the Yoruba-Hausa Mile 2 clashes?

Have we forgotten how the same idiots were rejoicing when militants killed people at Ishawo

Man, I can go on and on

Una like to dey tie Gele go party wey dem no invite una.

I think what the NA did is wrong, BUT it's none of our business. The same way it wasn't their business when Yoruba leaders were being hunted for standing up against Abacha

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by MasterChen: 1:00am On Sep 13, 2017
Leave potor alone

Let's talk about

Erunmu dry port
Dangote refinery
Lekki FTZ
Olokola FTZ
Badagry seaport project
Seaport in Ilaje
Lagos-Ibadan rail
Pacesetter FTZ
What SW states need to do to attract investments.

These are the issues that matter. Issues that have to do with the reduction of unemployment in the SW. Issues that have to do with development. Issues that have to do with making the SW the number 1 investment destination. When all these are set, If Nigeria breaks up or is restructured, we will still be alright. We move on from there. What's my business with what's happening in Umuahia or Onitsha? Wetin concern bicycle with petrol station?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igini Didn’t Ask Me To Cancel Election Results In E'udim - INEC Returning Office / Osinbajo: Healthcare May Become Fastest Growing Sector In Nigerian Economy / El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.