Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? (8836 Views)

Photos Of The Explosive Found In The Toilet Of An Air France Flight / Air France Flight Forced To Land In Kenya After Bomb Was Found In Toilet / 10 Things Nigerian Customs Must Not Find In Your Baggage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by sisisisi(f): 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2010
Hello people. I need some help. I will be going home soon and I am still searching for the best  and cheapest airlines. I have come across Air France and it seems alright.

My question is,does anyone have any idea what the baggage allowance is? I have searched and haven't found what I'm looking for. On their site, they wrote that every flier is allowed to carry 2 baggage weighing no more than 23 kgs is. Does it mean for my two bags,I will be allowed to carry 46 kgs or just 23?

Help needed.
Thanks.
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2010
each bag can be 23 kgs (50 lbs) max. (well at least that were the rules the last time i traveled and i havent heard of any recent changes. so it should be pretty accurate)
enjoy your flight, Air France is a good airline, i really enjoyed them.
  smiley
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by Nixnugo(f): 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2010
hey pls check out this blog about nollywood and feel free to comment!!! Thanks darlings! http://nollyholic..com/
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:03pm On Feb 27, 2010
^^^
stop spamming the board with your crap!!!
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by phuckNL: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
THE AMAKA:

each bag can be 23 kgs (50 lbs) max. (well at least that were the rules the last time i traveled and i havent heard of any recent changes. so it should be pretty accurate)
enjoy your flight, Air France is a good airline, i really enjoyed them.
  smiley

Unless ur flying business class and above!
They pack you like sardines in economy. 18hrs flight time plus 3-4hr layover. Not worth it.
Fly to JFK and take arik or just go with Delta
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by noblegas2(m): 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2010
phuck_NL:

Unless your flying business class and above!
[size=15pt]They pack you like sardines in economy[/size]. 18hrs flight time plus 3-4hr layover. Not worth it.
Fly to JFK and take arik or just go with Delta

not so true, i have flown it b4 from dakar to Sao paolo and we were not packed like sardines.Furthermore, my Cousin Bought a Delta ticket from Lagos to New Jersey and was Endorsed on Air France, the dude also confirmed how nice the airline was, plus he was also carrying 2 pieces.So even if you buy Delta, Chances are that they endorse you also.

@ Topic, yes, you will be allowed to carry 2 bags not weighing not more than 46kg, anything above that wuld be regarded as excess.

[size=13pt]N.B- Airline baggage restrictions do change from time to time!!![/size]
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by phuckNL: 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2010
noble_gas1:

not so true, i have flown it b4 from dakar to Sao paolo and we were not packed like sardines.Furthermore, my Cousin Bought a Delta ticket from Lagos to New Jersey and was Endorsed on Air France, the dude also confirmed how nice the airline was, plus he was also carrying 2 pieces.So even if you buy Delta, Chances are that they endorse you also.

@ Topic, yes, you will be allowed to carry 2 bags not weighing not more than 46kg, anything above that wuld be regarded as excess.

[size=13pt]N.B- Airline baggage restrictions do change from time to time!!![/size]

They have a partner share agreement. If you choose a direct delta flight from LOS to ATL, they will not put you on the Air france flight.

Trust me, they will pack you like SARDINES. The seats are small and most naija flights are always full.
It's not worth it if you have to fly for 18hrs
I'd rather be packed like sardines in delta and fly for for just 12hrs.
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by noblegas2(m): 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2010
@ phuck nl, am very aware of D CODESHARE AGREEMENT which Includes Air France & KLM.But abt d small seats, hmmm, well, since i have nt used it 4rm Lagos(ONLY DAKAR), i dnt knw how D aircraft dats coming 4rm Paree 2 Lagos lnteriors wuld luk lyk!
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:19am On Feb 28, 2010
NOT TRUE!!!
thats your own experience so speak for yourself. 18hr flights? since when?
usually flying to Nigeria the plane is always half full. well at least from my experience and probably the time of year i decided to travel.
not a lot of people are flying to naija, so the plane was like half empty/half full.
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by joxiri: 1:30am On Feb 28, 2010
air france is a decent airline
good food surplus crossiants will defo advice anyone to fly them
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by phuckNL: 6:06am On Feb 28, 2010
THE AMAKA:

NOT TRUE!!!
thats your own experience so speak for yourself. 18hr flights? since when?
usually flying to Nigeria the plane is always half full. well at least from my experience and probably the time of year i decided to travel.
not a lot of people are flying to naija, so the plane was like half empty/half full.

Yes oo. It depends on your destination. My initial destination was houston after which i left for Newark.

Paris to Houston was 11hours, Lagos to Paris was ~7hours. I waited in Paris for 3 hours.!!
And yeah, i travelled during the peak period.
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2010
phuck_NL:

Yes oo. It depends on your destination. My initial destination was houston after which i left for Newark.

Paris to Houston was 11hours, Lagos to Paris was ~7hours. I waited in Paris for 3 hours.!!
And yeah, i travelled during the peak period.
grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by noblegas2(m): 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ theamaka, hmmm. Dis ur Signature is,
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2010
^^^yes lol

@ phuck_nl
oh yeah, that's the bad part. but that's pretty much the case with any airline if you're flying economy class. unless you were flying emirates, or qatar, or malaysia, or singapore. their economy class' are like really cool. cheesy
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by noblegas2(m): 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2010
Yup! Emirates & Qatar airline economy class is superb.i av bought a business class ticket once n twas Turkish Airline! Jeez! I wuldnt 4get d experience cuz it was a Lie flat in Bed ish & enough everytin!
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2010
true.
even their economy class is pricy on singapore, emirates,qatar, ect. . .
i heard Turkish was good too.
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by noblegas2(m): 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2010
yea, it is,
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by asiwaju: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2010
@poster,

My experience with Air france is excellent,i fly with them more than 5 times from Vienna to Nigeria and believe me i enjoy my flight,from Europe you are allowed 2 baggage of 23 kilo each and 7kilo hand luggage,i can recommend Air France und Lufthansa to you,i never regret flying with them.

cheers,

Asiwaju.
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by THEAMAKA(f): 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2010
^^^
thanks for the reminder.
Lufthansa is awesome also! lol
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by suxes2005(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2010
asiwaju:

@poster,

My experience with Air france is excellent,i fly with them more than 5 times from Vienna to Nigeria and believe me i enjoy my flight,from Europe you are allowed 2 baggage of 23 kilo each and 7kilo hand luggage,i can recommend Air France und Lufthansa to you,i never regret flying with them.

cheers,

Asiwaju.

Egbon, longest time. How are you doing?

Been waitin for u to come online since,

SHALOM
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by kadman(m): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2010
Baggage allowance is 23kg X 2 Bags, and 12KG hand luggage (The land luggage comes in very hand,always pack mine to the brim)

Air France is the best airline I've ever flown. . . and I've used loads of airlines.
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2010
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2010
, Cheapo!!!!
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by Bossman(m): 12:13am On Mar 02, 2010
I have used AF from Chicago to Lagos 3 times. I was quite satisfied on all occasions. In my opinion, I put the service I got from them in the same category as what I get from KLM, BA, Lufthansa, etc.

1 Like

Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:07am On Mar 02, 2010
Bossman:

I have used AF from Chicago to Lagos 3 times. I was quite satisfied on all occasions. In my opinion, I put the service I got from them in the same category as what I get from KLM, BA, Lufthansa, etc.
GBAM!!! just awesome. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by kadman(m): 11:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
chaircover:

In my opinion, AirFrance isnt bad at all. I find that they leave and arrive on time.

Flights from London to Lagos are almost always only half full. baggage allowance is 2 of 23KG plus 1 hand luggage. The key is to check in as late as possible and they just rush you through.

Excess luggage is expensive though at £91 to make up your suitcase to 32kg

Seat size is average and customer service and inflight entertainement is OK

Ive flown most of the airlines on the London -Lagos route and to be honest they are almost all the same; It just takes one cocky cabin crew to ruin a flight.

Very true talk !
Re: Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? by jimrollo: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
Be careful with Air France if you have a connection, especially in Paris, because they have a terrible record for not getting your baggage to the connecting flight. It's well known within the industry that they offer unrealistic connection times that they are aware make it problematic to get your bags to the connecting flight. The extra business outweighs the compensation claims (most people don't bother with the hassle of chasing it). They also have a culture of overbooking flights to the extent they often don't check you in until the last possible moment (in case they should have to disappoint a regular customer later). So if you are lucky to get on they'll process you at the last minute, but too late to board your case. You'll find out at the other end from the poor guy who is paid to apologise. Be warned!

(1) (Reply)

Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month / St.kitts And Nevis (visa Free) / Singapore Work Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.