Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,578 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley (17865 Views)

Is Once Saved Always Saved A Fake Gospel? Lets See - Jack Kelley / Seeing Visions Of Believers In Hell - Prince Gabriel Okocha / Once Saved Always Saved And Suicide - Jack Kelley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 12:20am On Aug 08, 2021
No..
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2021
Yes Lord
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
Really?
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:20am On Oct 01, 2021
Morning
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2021
None
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2021
Nooo
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2021
Loooo
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
Loook
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2021
Aight
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2021
Yes Lord......
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 11:37am On Nov 02, 2021
Now....
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
Naaaahhhh
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
Now
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 7:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Loook
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
None.....
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nowwwwwwwww
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2022
Lord Jesus
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2022
Greatest God
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
Noo
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by Appleyard(m): 12:15am On Apr 19, 2022
efficiencie:
Eternal security...once saved always saved, instantaneous salvation stuff...but this doctrine does not explain or agree with the verses: Matthew 25:1-11; Matthew 7: 22-23; I Corinthians 10:12; I Corinthians 9:27; Romans 8:24-25; 2 Timothy 2:10 and the prime of them all, by my opinion though;

Revelations 3:1-5 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

The doctrine of eternal security a.k.a once saved always saved is not biblically correct.

First, we have to understand what salvation means. He that hears the gospel and accept Jesus as Lord and savior by taking His name in baptism (Acts 2:37-41) has started the salvation process as envisaged in Mark 16:15-16. But merely doing this is not what really makes one a true believer. The Bible defines who a true believer is: those who know Christ by living his words, keeping to His commandments (1John 2:3-6. John 14:15). Those who keep His commandments are those that are truly born in the spirit as stated in verse 6 of John 3. These are those who are born of God and as such cannot sin (1John 3:9), that is, such do not practice sin nor delight in it. And even when such by error or overwhelming provocation falls into a sinful act, they immediately rise out of it, become even more sober and sorry for their mistake, taking all possible precaution to make sure they don't fall into it again (Proverb 24:16); Because their soul and spirit is converted.

But those so-called believers who as the OP said ends up in hell due to unforgiveness or some other sins did so because they were not true believers to begin with. That is, they were merely believers by words of mouth and association as christians; they were never converted at heart nor transformed in the spirit by the renewness of their mind. The old nature in them never died. Such can never make it to heaven no matter how much they claim to believe.

Thus, the doctrine of once save or always saved is not absolute. If it were so, the Bible would not have said we should work out our salvation with fear and trembling (Philippines 2:12) because we can fall when we least expect it (1 Corinthians 10:12). The flesh is not guaranteed tomorrow, and those who chose to walk in the flesh will lose their righteousness, which is the salvation spirit that dwells in them since you can't be light and darkness at the same time. The Holy Spirit of God left Saul when he sinned and an evil spirit took over (1 Samuel 16:14). That pretty sums it up. If you don't keep to the commandments of God, you are going nowhere and your previous righteous acts won't suffice (Ezekiel 18:24); such shall face the ultimate penalty for sin unless they repent quickly and go back to their first love (stage of obedience) Revelation 2:5.
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2022
Morning
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 11:09am On Apr 20, 2022
No oooo
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2022
jiggaz:
QUESTION
Please can you explain why, according to those who have had visions of Hell and Heaven or near death experience, they saw men and women of GOD in Hell because of one sin or the other. On the other hand, some of them told of people were refused entrance to Heaven because of the sin of unforgiveness not minding the fact that they are believers.

ANSWER
As I’ve said before, people who make these claims are either seriously mistaken or else they are consciously promoting a false doctrine.

The Bible is clear that Jesus died to pay for our sins so we can have eternal life with him (John 3:16). All who believe in Him are forgiven for all the sins of their life (Colossians 2:13-15) and cannot be sent to Hell for any reason. Our inheritance was made certain when we believed the gospel of our salvation and the Holy Spirit was sealed within us as a deposit guaranteeing it (Ephes. 1:13-14). Nothing can change that. Jesus said that no one can take us out of his or His Father’s hands (John 10:27-30). And 2 Cor. 1:21 tells us it is God Himself who makes us stand firm in Christ.

For someone to promote the idea that some believers will go to hell means they are asking us to believe these promises are not true, that Jesus did not die for all our sins, that our inheritance is not guaranteed, that someone can take us out of the Lord’s hands, and God cannot make us stand firm in Christ. That means no one can ever be sure of his or her eternal destiny regardless of what the Bible has promised us.

I’ve read some of the books people who make these claims have written, but I have also read the Bible. I choose to believe the Bible. After all these books are the words of fallible man, but the Bible is the Word of an infallible God.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/more-on-believers-in-hell/

Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Mat 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
Mat 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Mat 10:32 "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
Mat 10:33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Tit 1:16 Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are despicable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.

2Ti 2:11 This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, We shall also live with Him.
2Ti 2:12 If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.
2Ti 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

What do you have to say about the above scriptures?
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by sonmvayina(m): 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
Becareful, those looking for the light...

You can be blinded by the light..
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Mat 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
Mat 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Mat 10:32 "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
Mat 10:33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Tit 1:16 Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are despicable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.

2Ti 2:11 This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, We shall also live with Him.
2Ti 2:12 If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.
2Ti 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

What do you have to say about the above scriptures?

Believers, in Matthew 7:21 our Lord Jesus said "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.”

But what is the will of our heavenly Father? Before the Lord opened my eyes to His salvation, I’d hear this verse read and people preaching that “You must do God’s will in order to enter His kingdom.” But the preachers never really explained what God’s will was. It was presented quite ambiguously and in the light of doing good and doing evil. With hindsight (by God's grace,) I see that this definition is death! Adam and Eve ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (a representation of the Law, including the Ten Commandments, which tells us good from evil,) and they died.

Defining what God’s will was left to my imagination back then. Like many Christians, I would think of long lists of dos and don’ts, rights and wrong, good and evil and choosing right. But do we really for one moment think that our heavenly Father would make His will that is so crucial to our salvation vague in any way? Certainly not!

So what is God's will? What are the works that God wants us to do? Some people asked our Saviour Jesus this very question in John 6. No better answer or explanation than that which comes from our Saviour Jesus Himself!

28 "Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?” 29 "Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."

Again, in the same John 6, Christ says:

3 9 "This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Our Saviour Himself is telling us what God’s will is! He is saying here that the will of God is:

1. For us to believe in our Lord Jesus (verse 29.) Even this we cannot decide to do on our own. Verse 44 of the same John 6 says “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.” And there we were thinking “I decided to follow Jesus out of my own good sense and smartssmiley

2. That Christ should lose none of us that He (our heavenly Father) has given to Him but raise us up at the last day (verse 39)

3. That all of us who see our Lord Jesus Christ and believe in Him may have everlasting life. (verse 40)

Believers, this is what God wants us to do: to believe in His Son. For the New Covenant believer, believing in our Saviour Jesus is obedience. Under the New Covenant, there only the obedience of faith, not the Law. The Law is not of faith and without faith, it is impossible to please God. When the believing is right, right living will follow.

Remember Philippians 2:13 "For it is God who works in us both to will and to do for His good pleasure." He works His will in us, makes us desire to do it; gives us the ability to do it; does it through us and for us so we please Him and then He rewards us for doing it. Yet not us doing His will but Christ in us. Nothing to do with us. All to do with our Saviour Jesus. Even our being called to believe to enjoy His grace.
That's why in heaven, we will sing "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain" and not "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain....and me, I also played my part!"

How we please Him is in His hands. It's unforced. It's grace! It's Christ in us. It's natural because when we rest in Christ's finished work (which He gives us grace to do,) we become like Him. Let's look to the Giver and the gifts, including right living, will follow. All these things shall be added unto you, including the grace to live right.

Doing the will of God is believing in His Son, our Saviour Jesus. He called us to believe and does everything else too.This is His Grace - undeserved, unmerited favour! Trust in Him, " being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" Philippians 1:6.

Believe Right and you will Live Right.

http://rightbelieving101..nl/2017/03/what-is-will-of-god.html?m=1

☝ That is the answer to the scripture you quoted.
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2022
jiggaz:

☝ That is the answer to the scripture you quoted.

Lol.. Okay let me give you my 2 cents.

Lets look at the scripture i sent to you again:

Jesus makes it clear that the reason the He would reject those people is because they practice lawlessness. And according to what you sent me these people He'll reject are believers (they had all the signs... the cast out demons, healed the sick, etc.. things that only believers can do)

And what is lawlessness?

1Jn 3:4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.

Lawlessness is sin. So these people, although they were believers, lived a lived of persistent and unrepentant sin.

At this point I would like to ask you one question.

You believe in once saved always saved. So do you believe that so long as a person has faith in Jesus, even if they live a life of continuous sin (knowing what they are doing) at the end of their lives they will go to heaven?
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:34pm On May 03, 2022
Lord Jesus
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 9:45pm On May 13, 2022
Nah
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 10:02am On May 14, 2022
No!
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:55am On May 21, 2022
Nah
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2022
None
Re: Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2022
Naaaaaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Do Miracles Still Exist?, Do Angels Still Assist Humans? / Back From The Dead: 300 Years Old Body Of A Saint Girl Opens Eyes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.