Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read (1383 Views)

I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. / 5G IS NOT ANTICHRIST I'm Ashamed At some Pastors -Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2017
My brother is autistic
My mother died recently after suffering and dying of Cancer
My family is not close how I want it to be
I'm 24 whilst my mates are doing masters I am doing a course that is designed for 16-19 year olds, I have no degree or qualification past secondary school
Very insecure about my appearance and life
Jobless
Poor (on government welfare)
Had issues with emotional and mental health all my life and more

When I left school people thought I would be a big ahog as I was so hard working and determined but then my life went downhill from there.

Where has God got me? I'm a virgin age 24 yet my mum will never see my kids whilst my friend is 24 had a baby out of wedlock living with boyfriend their mother is alive and healthy. My bullies bullied me to the point of me being depressed in school, yet they are all succeeding etc and my life is a mess.

Help me, don't tell me about God because he isn't real I have realised that, I used to be such a strong christian but my life has crashed before my eyes.

I only see very few people with a life worse than mine, God has truly put shame on my face as my enemies are laughing at me, people now can use me as an example point "it could be worse, I could be Francesca"
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by boxymccoy(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2017
Repent and go back to God, all that He purposed in His heart for you will come to pass if you do not derail from the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2017
cry .... It is never easy in this life... Just keep struggling... you can get there.

Na so e be everywhere.
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by obisco4u: 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
Purplewildflow:
My brother is autistic
I'm 24 whilst my mates are doing masters I am doing a course that is designed for 16-19 year olds, I have no degree or qualification past secondary school
Jobless

When I left school people thought I would be a big ahog as I was so hard working and determined but then my life went downhill from there.

Where has God got me? I'm a virgin age 24 yet my mum will never see my kids whilst my friend is 24 had a baby out of wedlock living with boyfriend their mother is alive and healthy. My bullies bullied me to the point of me being depressed in school, yet they are all succeeding etc and my life is a mess.

Help me, don't tell me about God because he isn't real I have realised that, I used to be such a strong christian but my life has crashed before my eyes.

I only see very few people with a life worse than mine, God has truly put shame on my face as my enemies are laughing at me, people now can use me as an example point "it could be worse, I could be Francesca"

Bro your are not alone. Am also 24 and am passing through almost the same thing you are facing. I stopped believing in God when I saw that believing in superstitions like Christianity lead me to a depressed life. They always told me that God has a great destiny for me, and this made my parents not to make any future plans for my university education. Their mistake lead to waste 3 years in a certificate program and landed me on a degree program that gave me no joy. I dropped out of the university, lost out on one of my life's biggest projects all while still believing in God.

But slowly I am picking myself back up by pursuing something that gives me joy which is computers and graphic design. Slowly am building my skills to make myself more useful. Being fully aware that God is imaginary, I have decided to take full control of my destiny by learning, reading and focusing on how I can improve my skills and relationship with people to build a suitable career. I also took UTME again to go back to the university while my mates are graduating

You are not alone bro. Seeing your post made me feel that way. Just try and pick yourself up and don't let life give excuses.
PS
Has Jesus ever approached you since you started getting depressed? Did reading the Bible make any sense. I guess the answer is NO.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2017
U r better than me

At least your parent r still alive
obisco4u:

Bro your are not alone. Am also 24 and am passing through almost the same thing you are facing. I stopped believing in God when I saw that believing in superstitions like Christianity lead me to a depressed life. They always told me that God has a great destiny for me, and this made my parents not to make any future plans for my university education. Their mistake lead to waste 3 years in a certificate program and landed me on a degree program that gave me no joy. I dropped out of the university, lost out on one of my life's biggest projects all while still believing in God.

But slowly I am picking myself back up by pursuing something that gives me joy which is computers and graphic design. Slowly am building my skills to make myself more useful. Being fully aware that God is imaginary, I have decided to take full control of my destiny by learning, reading and focusing on how I can improve my skills and relationship with people to build a suitable career. I also took UTME again to go back to the university while my mates are graduating

You are not alone bro. Seeing your post made me feel that way. Just try and pick yourself up and don't let life give excuses.
PS
Has Jesus ever approached you since you started getting depressed? Did reading the Bible make any sense. I guess the answer is NO.
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Ranchhoddas: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2017
Government welfare in which country?

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2017
Purplewildflow:
U r better than me

At least your parent r still alive

You must survive despite all odds. If you believe and work hard, your life will change. It is time to soar
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by infonancialhub(f): 8:41pm On Sep 14, 2017
My beloved, I am really sorry for every thing you have gone through, yes its has not been easy with you, all that you have been through and you feel God has let you down, he has abandoned you, You say to your self oh God doesn't love me, why would he allow this to happened to me.
My beloved, I want to tell you this that despite all that you have been through, God is still God, it doesn't change what he stands for, He loves you, He loves you very much and his plans for you is beautiful
Have you read about Job? He lost all he had, if you know a man that went through all job had gone through in this present time am sure you will just be crying for him everyday, Job never gave up , he never gave up on God, he got his restoration, my Darling see don't let what you are going through take you away from God, get closer and he will give you a testimony.
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Government welfare in which country?

Nigeria
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Ranchhoddas: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2017
onyenze123:

Nigeria
I am unaware any welfare package in this country. I don't think it's Nigeria.
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Ranchhoddas: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2017
onyenze123:

Nigeria
I am unaware any welfare package in this country. I don't think it's Nigeria.
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2017
You ain't alone. I'm also suffering tha same or even worse than your suffering. I've,
- lost my loving father last year for cancer
- stopped going to university because my depression and anxiety (I've been accepted to return this year though)
- been completely destroyed internally

You, me and everyone like us have 2 options in this (either to give up or fight until we are turned off naturally). I won't advise you to choose one of the direction. Yes, suffering is suffering, but my choice can't always be the right for you and your choice can't always be the right choice for me.

I wish you success in whatever direction you choose, but I hope it's the good one just like everyone here wants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by obisco4u: 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2017
The truth is when you hit 23/24 and you are not where you wanna be or on your way there, at this point in life, things start to become clear to you. Mistakes you've made, mistakes your parents made, times you've wasted, what the future might look like. It's all your life no one ever prepared you for this.
But I discovered that 90% of it is not your fault. A lot subtle factors have led to it, most of them being beyond your control while growing up . Factors that we expected the so called God to have taken care of like environment, family socio-economic status, individual temperament, condition of you upbringing etc. But it appears that these factors are totally natural and can be controlled or tweaked but we depended on an imaginary being to do it for us.
At 24, you can start tweaking some factors that may be holding you back. It's not gonna be easy, but carefully identify them and work on yourself. You've got life and some time. Depression may feel natural but it won't get us anywhere. You notice that while you are depressed you lose sight of several opportunities to live your life to the fullest. Simply reading a book like Outliners by Malcolm Gladwell can be a life changer.
Stop comparing yourself with others, focus on the life you want and get going.
I advice you seek a mentor in the area of life that gives you joy. Read Mastery by Robert Green for more on this. You can reach on WhatsApp for pdf copies these books.
7 blessings to you and may the force be with you. Live long and prosper!
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by CAPSLOCKED: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2017
boxymccoy:
Repent and go back to God, all that He purposed in His heart for you will come to pass if you do not derail from the truth.

SEND HIM SOME MONEY FIRST, TO GET SOME FOOD AND ANTIDEPRESSANTS.

HE NEEDS TO CALM DOWN A BIT BEFORE CONSIDERING THIS YOUR ADVICE WHICH HAS NEVER PAID ANYONE IN HISTORY.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by obisco4u: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2017
boxymccoy:
R [s] epent and go back to God, all that He purposed in His heart for you will come to pass if you do not derail from the truth. [/s]

Who repentance epp?

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by pennywys(m): 11:36pm On Sep 14, 2017
My brother is autistic
Jobless

god is an imaginary product, believe in imagination earns you nothing. What sort of a god will allow his worshippers to suffer gone through serious depression? Though you pray but the prayer amount to nothing. I suffer same bother, I've made up my mind and realised there's god its just a superstition we all grew up the believe
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by pennywys(m): 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2017
boxymccoy:
take your trash into a trash bin, don't spray in here, whose God? Does it in existence? Have you ever seen it? Has it ever spoke to you? What evidence can prove that it exists? People are suffering, dying in the course of its job, those we believe that are sinners are excelling, growth from strength to strength, rejoicing, happy while those who believe in this imagination of a god are suffering casting hopes on nothing, wailing for bread at least daily bread not even asking for much. Talking to themselves everyday in believing there are praying to a supreme being. What god? What manner of God can be so cruel to his people? I challenge you to prove to me that it exists, put aside that forged book the white brought, then I'll give you a thousand reason that it's just imagination
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Martinez19(m): 12:09am On Sep 15, 2017
Christianity is a scam and sham. All religious gods don't exist. I wish you peace and happiness in all your endeavors.
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Lex11(m): 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
OP.. Please read Hebrews chapter 11, and consider the plight of Job and how God changed his circumstances because he kept the faith... "no condition is permanent"... don't lose faith that God can and will mercifully change your circumstances to His glory. Also consider life beyond being on this earth... because, if you (say, like king Solomon), had everything you could ever dream of here, it's always temporary/vanity (Ecclesiastes 2)... Job by the Holy Spirit said: "...Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." - Job 1:21

Pray, believe and work hard, refusing to give up! The alternative is a life without God... which is no good alternative, for the rest of this life and afterward. Ignore standards set by people... set goals, prioritize them, and accomplish them one by one for yourself.
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." - Romans 5:3-5

Also, 1 Peter 4:11-13

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by FellepHq(m): 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2017
I wish you peace and calm to navigate through the situation at the moment. I've been in situation similar, you just wish time could just hold on for you. Too much pressure yet nothing you can do. At least you know your stand now on superstition and how little it can help when you need it most.

But there is something you can do. Draw a map of where you want to be in the next 5 years. I believe by now you know what a realistic goal is.
Write down milestones for each year to reach the goal. Write down what you need to do each month and each week. Then narrow it down to each day.

Have handy todo list each morning and stick to it.

Work your way each day like it is your last, focused, dugged, determined and unashamed.

Exercise when you feel depressed, talk to at least one person daily. Even if it's just a compliment.

Life is not fair, sometimes bad thinks happen to good people and good things to bad people, get over it, watch Nat Geo Wild, the world it's just as wild as that, and if you don't get strong, you will just be a gazelle in the wild.

Nobody gives you anything, you take it.

Start somewhere, start now.

Think more and work less. Let every action be surgically precise and yield result.

The best is yet to come.
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by terrezo2002(m): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Since you don't want to hear about God, do you want me to introduce you to Devil? do not be deceived, God is good. He is loving and Kind. People suffer, both Christians and non Christians, but in all your suffering God is aware. Don't lose hope. You have a great gift which is life. start by appreciating God for life and appreciate God for the other blessings you have. Job in the Bible suffered a greater loss but yet he didn't deny God. His end was glorious. Go back to God in repentance and do all I asked you to do. It is well with you in Jesus name
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 18, 2017
op sounds so embittered like a friend i have, of the same age and predicaments. Hope youre not whom i think you are tho'.

Nevertheless, we must all learn to endure and have faith to finish this race. Many of you claiming christians and then later when youre faced with challenges of life, you begin to curse God and blame him bitterly.

You think when you serve God, thats when life will become bed of roses n all that garbled junk impression.. Even job was righteous and there was no one like him on earth, yet he faced challenges.

Only those that endureth to the end will be saved. It takes faith . By grace we are saved through faith and its a gift from GOD (Eph 2:8-9).

How many times have you cried to God to make you righteous?(mat 6:33) How many times have you,worshipped him in spirit and in truth? (john 4:24). How many times have you proven to love the lord by feeding his lamb and taking care of his sheep.(john21). Or have you renewed your mind and refused to conform to the world? (romans 12). How frequent do you seek him deligently? dont you know that they wait on him shall he renew their strength and they will also soar high like an eagle like isaiah 40;31 says?

Even if you claim to do this and later on you stop , theres no way you can have peace. Be steadfast in prayers and follow the principles n instructions of the Lord.

Im tired of these fake believers that claim to serve God and they claim not to see any good result. Stop being fake and serve the Lord in deligence n faith.
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by bennyann: 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
I have a lot to say here but it would be lengthy.

Hmmmm.

God please give me the grace not to talk you down because I need help from humans. cry
Re: Why Is My Life So Awful, I'm Ashamed Please Read by Emmey67: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
@op let me be Franck with you GOD IS STILL GOD you reject him or accept him.

But the only way n solution to your problems is for you to hold God Firmly like Jacob did.

PRAY TO GOD LIKE NEVER BEFORE
PRAISE HIM LIKE NEVER BEFORE
BE CLOSE TO HIM LIKE NEVER BEFORE

YOU CAN'T ACHIEVE ANYTHING WITH YOUR OWN MIGHT.

Satan doesn't care about you, his is even ready to waste you too.

DON'T GIVE-IN TO THE DEVIL, HOLD GOD VERY TIGHT AND YOU COME VICTORIOUS IN LIFE

#GOD IS NOT A MAN THAT HE SHOULD LIE NEVER A SON OF MAN THAT HE SHOULD REPENT

(1) (Reply)

How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin / Meet The Man Who Composed Most Songs Sang In Catholic Church In Nigeria / How Did You Recover From Backsliding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.