Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! (40889 Views)

Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy / Comparison Btw Abc Transport And Cross-country To Accra / My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by MARKone(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
Nten:
chairman I haven't read too far from your post.... but I guess you are a bit braggart. You budget #7k for snacks.... doesn't earn than your staff... bla bla bla... are just unnecessary for your level.

Not a bit bragat, dude was just unnecessary showing, Who gives a flying Bleep how much he budgeted for snacks. Wanting to ask the driver, how often the service their cars, is their car tyres Good, he doesn't travel unless the car has AC. Nonsense, Just wasted my time reading crap.

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by rawpadgin(m): 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
udemzyudex:

You well so? You read how many times him call? Go and take your drugs Jare.
u see how stupid & immature u are? I was quoted by 8 persons including u, non of them used abusive word except u
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by piperson(m): 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
AuroraB:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Homaikot!!!
That'd be one helluva ride sad

because typing normal is too mainstream abi undecided
AuroraB:
Homaikot!!!

AuroraB:
Homaikot!!!

AuroraB:
Homaikot!!!

because typing normal is too mainstream abi

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
Instead of u to come online com spoil business for the company while u nor just stop patronizing them?

Do u know that what you just did can make the company go extinct? ��������I wish one of your to family should experience these, if you will not go to TV or Radio station

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Iko5000: 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
He has the right to inform others of the bad service he experience .Why should that be a problem ? I tire o
rawpadgin:
Instead of u to come online com spoil business for the company while u nor just stop patronizing them?

Do u know that what you just did can make the company go extinct?

11 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Nten: 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
[quote author=MARKone post=61707592]

Not a bit bragat, dude was just unnecessary showing, Who gives a flying Bleep how much he budgeted for snacks. Wanting to ask the driver, how often the service their cars, is their car tyres Good, he doesn't travel unless the car has AC. Nonsense, Just wasted my time reading crap.[/uote]
lolz... I thought I was the Only one inundated by the barrage of unnecessary social media glitz and razzmatazz the young man was spewing. ....flying on the air ....AC on the ground

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Nten: 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2017
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by smartpyzee(m): 9:50pm On Oct 23, 2017
Baba.. You story is too long.. I taya to read slf.. undecided
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by simiolu1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
ezzylee:
Lol.... Cross Country is the worst transport company I've ever taken when travelling.

My first time going to Ghana, I went with them. They'll tell you they'll start the journey by 6am, journey won't start until 9 or 10am. You'll now enter Ghana around 1am the next day (all this delay and all happened in all the 4 times I went with them).

Had some friends that were coming back to Nigeria with cross country. As usual, cross country told them to come by 5am this time. Their bus didn't leave the park until 11am. They were still in Ghana as at 4pm. They slept at aflao border that day and got into Nigeria the next day in the morning/afternoon.

Since I noticed all these things, I vowed not to do anything with them again. Now GUO is BAE.
GUO would leave Ghana 6am and I'll be at iyana ipaja by 3pm..... My house by 4 or 5pm.

1 million likes for you. GUO beats all other transport company hands down. I served in Imo. Every time I did Iyana Ipaja - Imo, it was always with GUO. Well maintained buses and no unnecessary delay. Even during a fuel crisis, the bus I boarded did not stop to queue at a filling station for fuel. And they are cheaper than GiG and Cross Country!

The best part is that they tell you upfront the route the driver is going to take so that you'll know before hand how to plan your journey. They even gave me a Calendar. GUO is bae

6 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Martin0(m): 10:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
JaneMafrodite:
After lala dem don suck dis one toto there, dem go carry him topic dey come frontpage.

How u go dey talk like this na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by NIGHTFOX: 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
Lol.. Cross country!cross country!! I remembered 2009, when I boarded their bus from umahia to Kaduna, God really spared my life oh, I was the first to book the car, so I refused to sit at the front, I took a middle row seat instead, on getting close to Onitsha it was raining heavily, the driver tried overtaking a bus, all of a sudden I just saw a trailer @ our front(within split seconds nah so I just they think plenty, nah so I go take die! If I die now nah watin be next, abi nah this my guy way we fight because of memory card the previous night day follow me so?) The driver tried applying brake but because it rained their was no friction, that was how we rammed into the back of the heavy duty trailer(we where lucky the trailer was on motion) the front of our bus was totally damaged( doubt if the driver would ever be able to work again). The was no casualties, remember a female corp member dislocating her hand, we all came out through the window, on getting outside a pregnant woman just fainted( e be like say nah the shock of the incident) that accident has made me developed phobia for traveling .

5 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Gkemz: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
I just wasted my data and time reading a bullshit. Btw how did dis shit manage to appear on front page?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by ezzylee(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
simiolu1:

1 million likes for you. GUO beats all other transport company hands down. I served in Imo. Every time I did Iyana Ipaja - Imo, it was always with GUO. Well maintained buses and no unnecessary delay. Even during a fuel crisis, the bus I boarded did not stop to queue at a filling station for fuel. And they are cheaper than GiG and Cross Country!

The best part is that they tell you upfront the route the driver is going to take so that you'll know before hand how to plan your journey. They even gave me a Calendar. GUO is bae

Yh...forgot the route thing sef. When you're buying your ticket, they'll tell you the various final destinations within lagos (don't know about other states). So you'll choose the bus that's gonna arrive at your destination or pass through the route that'll lead to your final destination so you can easily get transportation to where you're going.

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by nathan77(m): 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
please we are very sorry for the difficulties in which any one of u may be passing through by travelling with cross country trans, cross country trans is still the best, God bless sokoto branch (BAYO the sokoto cross country branch manager) God bless Jolomi (my boss) God bless Lanre (operation manager Yaba) God blessing Bube (my Bigg Boss) God bless Alogba (head of driver C.c trans) God bless Fowobi (lafia manager) God bless Oluomo afa Gani (Kano manager) God bless Debby (Yaba) God bless Akin olabanji (baba Dominic) God bless Otawere, God bless Samuel Agu, God bless wale Ogupo, God bless Bala Pual, God bless Seye, God bless Baba Abayomi (Abuja Branch manager) God bless Toni Calabar (Kaduna branch manager) God bless unwewe, God bless makapolo, God bless Niyi Akure, God bless Obidike of ....... (awon eleyi somo), God bless Garuba, God bless Saidu Bello, in fact God bless Nigeria entirely (Amen)
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Damfostopper(m): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2017
I dey craze to use cross country and peace mass?..... I rather manage AKTC and ABC transport services
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by dabrake(m): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
If it's not ABC or GIGM, I no travel.

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by omolorlarh: 11:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
maxnedu11:
cross country ;horrible buses, God is good; carried me round Lagos before the agreed destination, young shall grow; driver was smoking and driving, peace mass ; highway to hell, ekeson and okeyson and the lower standard buses will carry Onitsha , Owerri , Aba , Ph and if possible Uyo and Calabar. me done tire pass the op
okeyson buses are fond of carrying people going to different destinations. The driver that drove the one I entered smoked and drank that day. I almost had hypertension

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
nathan77:
please we are very sorry for the difficulties in which any one of u may be passing through by travelling with cross country trans, cross country trans is still the best, God bless sokoto branch (BAYO the sokoto cross country branch manager) God bless Jolomi (my boss) God bless Lanre (operation manager Yaba) God blessing Bube (my Bigg Boss) God bless Alogba (head of driver C.c trans) God bless Fowobi (lafia manager) God bless Oluomo afa Gani (Kano manager) God bless Debby (Yaba) God bless Akin olabanji (baba Dominic) God bless Otawere, God bless Samuel Agu, God bless wale Ogupo, God bless Bala Pual, God bless Seye, God bless Baba Abayomi (Abuja Branch manager) God bless Toni Calabar (Kaduna branch manager) God bless unwewe, God bless makapolo, God bless Niyi Akure, God bless Obidike of ....... (awon eleyi somo), God bless Garuba, God bless Saidu Bello, in fact God bless Nigeria entirely (Amen)
This Oga still hyping his team,instead of taking the drivers for retraining make their over speeding brain reformat small.After all their is one transport company I took from warri to port Harcourt,the instructions was that they shouldn't drive beyond 100km/hr else we the passenger are at liberty to report the driver,the bus spoilt on the way though,but it is not as bad as driving with a driver who has lost his mind,driving on the lane of incoming vehicle assuming the driver would leave the road for him.

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by ruggedtimi(m): 12:01am On Oct 24, 2017
emailaddy:
We boarded the vehicle my people this vehicle was smoking, tattered and messed up, the driver announced to us that if we are expecting AC den we are jonzing. The Vehicle started jerking as we got to Lagos Ibadan express way, the driver made a call that he needs to change the vehicle and they asked him to chill at Sagamu, first Vehicle change. I didn't take a pix of this cuz I was excited expecting a better bus.

The second bus was not any better.. in fact the first had a better exterior.. the second bus broke down at Ibadan, we spent 4hrs at Ibadan waiting for a replacement.. I swear on my life 3 other Cross Country buses were also change at that same spot, I will attach a pic of this.

We took off from Ibadan and on getting to somewhere around Edo that links to Lokoja route the bus broke down and we had to push it.

I even thought that we will sleep at that village only for the driver to say that he will manage it to Lokoja. I was scared cuz it was already bloody late and I was scared of robbers.

When we got to Lokoja he got someone to fix the over heating. I wanted to pick something from my box only to discover that a box that contained my suit for the event which I was the best man for was already missing.. I told the driver and he assured me that the Ibadan manager will send it to Jos the next day...

As soon as we got to Abuja, the bus broke down for the 4th time and this time it wouldn't start at all. We dey Abj enterance ohhh not the town but d place very close to Kogi where no soul existed.. attached also is a pix of a rescue bus they sent after waiting for 1hr.

We were attacked, yes we were by robbers... we luckily chased them away as we had more guyz in the vehicle than women. Luckily the Fulani dudes were with only knife and no gun..

The driver brought out his jazz, while we all held sticks, wheel spanner, stones etc.

We got to their park in Abj, and without apology they abandoned us in the bus. We had to find a way to help ourselves.

By 5am about 3 more peeps discovered that their boxes were missing.. attached will be a video of one of the person complaining.

I was tweeting it all through... it was a terrible experience and I don't wish my enemy even a condemned terrorist experiences something like that.

Till date they are yet to find my box, the driver stopped picking my calls: Driver Segun Cross Country:

Ibadan manager: Stopped picking as well

The only person that acted nice was the new driver that took us from Abj to Jos : Moses
the first time i used cross country from port harcourt to lagos, one of the front tires pulled out along elele road na God save us that day, the driver wasnt on high speed because the bus was already shaking before the tire pulled out. That same day after the mechanic fixed the bus on our way we saw armed robbers along benin express way and that was my first and only time i have encountered armed robbers on highway, luckily the driver did a sharp U turn before we approached the robbers and that was after the guy sitting in the front seat gave the driver a hot slap. The second time i used cross country from ghana to nigeria, bro fire started from the engine due to illegal passenger picked along the road at tema and their cloths were kept inside the engine compartment. All the passengers ran out and a girl's bag that contained her original school credentials was stolen by locals due to the stampede in the bus ....this happened in togo so we had to wait for another bus they sent from ghana and is a 3hrs journey accra to lome. That same bus broke down close to winners chapel canaan land around 3am. we arrived at yaba lagos 8am. literally i spent 24hrs by road from ghana to nigeria.
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by teelaw4life(m): 12:22am On Oct 24, 2017
TemmyTee82:

Op did not type "fiance". He typed "fiancé". He probably omitted the other "e" (an understandable error).

But think it, how many naija babes fit dey book money for "snacks" when travelling with boo? And financing the entire trip herself?

You know absolutely well that i meant the same thing except that i didn't put the accent on the 'e' because i don't know how to with my phone. Anyway, it's not right to assume that OP made an error by typing 'fiance' instead of 'fiancee'. Until OP confirms that it's 'fiancee' and not 'fiance', let's work with the available fact instead of an assumption. OP is a lady. grin grin grin

Ou don't know though. Enough naija babes dey wey be say dem dey capable to take care of themselves and their partner. E no good to generalise.
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Just30: 12:24am On Oct 24, 2017
ezzylee:

Very true. Even thought this their GH EXPRESS (THE BIG RED LUXURIOUS BUSES) go to Nigeria. But I was wrong. Definitely there will be a reason for them not transporting people to and from Nigeria.
They do go to Abidjan, Lome, Monrovia, Burkina Faso
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by nini007(m): 12:31am On Oct 24, 2017
emailaddy:
We boarded the vehicle my people this vehicle was smoking, tattered and messed up, the driver announced to us that if we are expecting AC den we are jonzing. The Vehicle started jerking as we got to Lagos Ibadan express way, the driver made a call that he needs to change the vehicle and they asked him to chill at Sagamu, first Vehicle change. I didn't take a pix of this cuz I was excited expecting a better bus.

The second bus was not any better.. in fact the first had a better exterior.. the second bus broke down at Ibadan, we spent 4hrs at Ibadan waiting for a replacement.. I swear on my life 3 other Cross Country buses were also change at that same spot, I will attach a pic of this.

We took off from Ibadan and on getting to somewhere around Edo that links to Lokoja route the bus broke down and we had to push it.

I even thought that we will sleep at that village only for the driver to say that he will manage it to Lokoja. I was scared cuz it was already bloody late and I was scared of robbers.

When we got to Lokoja he got someone to fix the over heating. I wanted to pick something from my box only to discover that a box that contained my suit for the event which I was the best man for was already missing.. I told the driver and he assured me that the Ibadan manager will send it to Jos the next day...

As soon as we got to Abuja, the bus broke down for the 4th time and this time it wouldn't start at all. We dey Abj enterance ohhh not the town but d place very close to Kogi where no soul existed.. attached also is a pix of a rescue bus they sent after waiting for 1hr.

We were attacked, yes we were by robbers... we luckily chased them away as we had more guyz in the vehicle than women. Luckily the Fulani dudes were with only knife and no gun..

The driver brought out his jazz, while we all held sticks, wheel spanner, stones etc.

We got to their park in Abj, and without apology they abandoned us in the bus. We had to find a way to help ourselves.

By 5am about 3 more peeps discovered that their boxes were missing.. attached will be a video of one of the person complaining.

I was tweeting it all through... it was a terrible experience and I don't wish my enemy even a condemned terrorist experiences something like that.

Till date they are yet to find my box, the driver stopped picking my calls: Driver Segun Cross Country:

Ibadan manager: Stopped picking as well

The only person that acted nice was the new driver that took us from Abj to Jos : Moses
OP u need not say too much. I experience this every time I travel with them. there is this short black boy in that their ib office, he is so rude ehhnn. I think CC is an overrated mass transit line. I was coming from Sokoto can u believe that they did not manage to put on the AC? The drivers believe they are God once the bus leaves the park. And for ur missing properties i think u have to Sue them. ahhhh, CC show me pepper ooo. I wish their Chairman can read this.

3 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by vikendios(m): 1:53am On Oct 24, 2017
It's good abeg.
The others will sit up and realize nothing beats good customer service.

They should stop treating passengers like dung.

rawpadgin:

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 24, 2017
Nten:
chairman I haven't read too far from your post.... but I guess you are a bit braggart. You budget #7k for snacks.... doesn't earn than your staff... bla bla bla... are just unnecessary for your level.

I thought the same thing too. Just wrote that piece to show off his poor esteem and inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by mike4real2(m): 3:04am On Oct 24, 2017
Bauer1:

This is exactly the mentality Nigerians have.. a mentality that supports mediocrity and complacency.. so because you don't want the company to fold up, you would rather put your fellow countrymen in harm's way? what if the robbers had guns? what if they had been killed?.. I believe this "cross country " ( or one corner, call it whatever the hell you like )company must have had ample time to readjust themselves.. I will not sacrifice my safety for a company who don't give two hoots about my life.

Spot on. Preach bro, preach. This nigerian mentality don tire me.

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by thedondada(m): 3:23am On Oct 24, 2017
rawpadgin:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by thedondada(m): 3:24am On Oct 24, 2017
jamalchance:
well they are but God is good is seriously competing with them now as far as edo is concerned

That is not competition. It's complete annihilation. Who uses edegbe again?

Unrefined touts

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Caseless: 3:37am On Oct 24, 2017
rawpadgin:

that's what should happen to them, since their stupid.

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Hibiscuss(m): 4:44am On Oct 24, 2017
teelaw4life:

You know absolutely well that i meant the same thing except that i didn't put the accent on the 'e' because i don't know how to with my phone. Anyway, it's not right to assume that OP made an error by typing 'fiance' instead of 'fiancee'. Until OP confirms that it's 'fiancee' and not 'fiance', let's work with the available fact instead of an assumption. OP is a lady. grin grin grin

Ou don't know though. Enough naija babes dey wey be say dem dey capable to take care of themselves and their partner. E no good to generalise.

OP is a man. Stop assuming and read his epistle. He pointed out that he lost his bag which contains suit he's to use as best man for the event.

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by queenfav(f): 4:45am On Oct 24, 2017
Chai, Kpele @op. It was indeed a trip from hell. I am just trying to put myself in your shoes.. I for just dey cry anyhow.

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by queenfav(f): 4:57am On Oct 24, 2017
TemmyTee82:

Op did not type "fiance". He typed "fiancé". He probably omitted the other "e" (an understandable error).

But think it, how many naija babes fit dey book money for "snacks" when travelling with boo? And financing the entire trip herself?
lol.. Sharp babe. Why is boo there na? If not to pamper me throughout the journey.
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by queenfav(f): 5:11am On Oct 24, 2017
OTAIFOHJ:
Op, your experience with Cross Country or Cross Border was quite terrible.

Next time, when traveling a long distance, do well to board an airplane. It's quite cheap, safe, fast and reliable...At least 20k would have saved you from this mess.
Bros, airlines still have their own issues o. Just pray for a smooth trip.I was trying to book a flight from Abuja to Lagos sometime in June. There was one for 10 am and 3pm,something just told me to book the 3pm even though I wasn't doing anything that day. I woke up, watched movies and slept very well then left for the airport by 2.15pm.Lo and behold, people scheduled to travel with the 10 am flight were still waiting in the lounge. The flight delay cost many persons their important appointments . Guess when we left for lagos? Some minutes to 5pm.I got to Lagos and was rushing like a mad woman to get cab that would take me to ojota to board a vehicle to Ibadan. God saved me that day cos I was lucky to meet a bus that had just one seat left. My boss's wife flew from Lagos to London. They got to Heathrow and she discovered that her luggage was not airlifted from Lagos. It took the airline 4 days to get her luggage across to her from Lagos. So whether air travel or by road. You still stand to experience some hassles. In fact when some airlines show u, you will be looking at your ticket, wondering if dem jazz you to pay that much flight fee and still be getting crappy service.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World's Most Powerful Passport: Singapore Overtakes Japan, Nigeria ranks 90th / Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. / Assa community In Imo State Flooded (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.