Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

I Regret Being Part Of Obasanjo's Regime—yuguda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Being Part Of Obasanjo's Regime—yuguda (655 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / Yuguda, Abubakar, Gidado In Missing Aircraft As It Lands In Nigeria (Photo) / APC's Tweets Of Obasanjo Blasting Jonathan, Endorses APC At All Levels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Being Part Of Obasanjo's Regime—yuguda by newmaster(m): 7:24am On Feb 28, 2010
I regret being part of Obasanjo's regime—Yuguda
28 February, 2010 04:41:00 Selya Yarnap, Bauchi
Font size:
Our years after he was dropped as a Minister under the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Bauchi State governor, Isa Yuguda weekend in Misau declared his regrets serving in the administration.

Yuguda also took a swipe on the eight-year administration of the immediate past governor of the state, Ahmadu Adamu Mu’azu declaring also that he regretted associating with the administration because the administration has nothing to show to the people.

Isa Yuguda who served as a two-term Minister under the Obasanjo administration, said, "I must say that I am associated with the past administration and I am also part of it but I am guilty of what happened in the administration for allowing our institutions, our hospitals, in fact all our facets of development were left to collapse."

The governor, who spoke at the commissioning of the multi-billion naira AD Rufai College of Legal and Islamic Studies further said, "I am guilty because I served in the administration as a Minister for five years under a PDP government and all of us then appointed or elected officials that served that administration either at the National Assembly or State Assembly or working in the government and were watching what was going on then stand guilty."

He added that, ‘we are guilty because we stood and watched a government to manage our state to failure and we did not have the courage to come out and challenge that government after all we voted the government into office. So, like I have said, I am guilty and all of us that served under that government were guilty".

He however took solace in destiny saying, "but we always know, when Allah destines something to happen, it must happen. It was destined that we pass through a government that will bring down the quality of education, the quality of health care delivery services, security situation in the state and several other things that I don’t have to mention here particularly youth unemployment and several others."

Yuguda then said that, what his administration has been doing since it came on board three years ago was to reshape the scheme of things and work for the good of the people of the state adding that gradually things are now taking shape for the better in all the erstwhile dilapidated sectors particularly health and education.

The governor then called on both administrators and students of state-owned tertiary institutions to return back to the culture of maintenance which he said will enable them enjoy for a very long time all facilities provided by government. "I only hope that during the coming raining season, when pass by here, I will not see teachers and students planting maize and other farm produce within this beautifully looking environment", he added.

He however gave them the permission to plant groundnuts and or beans, "so that the College environment would not be distorted and would not serve as a habitation or breeding place for mosquitoes, which will in turn, breed diseases on the students living on campus."

It would be recalled that Isa Yuguda during the first tenure of the Olusegun Obasanjo led PDP administration served as Minister of State for Transport from where he was reappointed the substantive Minister of Aviation before he was dropped then contested and won the gubernatorial seat under the then opposition ANPP when he lost the PDP ticket. He has since defected to the PDP shortly after he married one of the daughter of the First family.

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=28645
Re: I Regret Being Part Of Obasanjo's Regime—yuguda by Alxmyr(m): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2010
The opportunist waiting for presidential slot from pdp.
Re: I Regret Being Part Of Obasanjo's Regime—yuguda by donbuchi1(m): 11:53am On Feb 28, 2010
what has ur father in-law done, aboki na isa yuguda?
Re: I Regret Being Part Of Obasanjo's Regime—yuguda by SapeleGuy: 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2010
Mehn this story mek me laff no be small.

His mates are building bridges, hospitals, industrial parks etc, he is busy giving permission to plant groundnuts or beans on campus.

Is this the role of a Governor?
Re: I Regret Being Part Of Obasanjo's Regime—yuguda by formunt(m): 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2010
start your work and let us judge you by that, that is simple

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan To Start Sweeping Changes / World Is Coming To An End! Chilean Quake Shortened Earth's Day / If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.