Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem (7980 Views)

Government College Umuahia Old Boys Visit Senator Kalu In Abuja (photos) / Sing National Anthem In Yoruba Daily, Gov. Ambode Tells Lagos Principals, Teache / Governor Masari Serving Himself Food In The Kitchen Of Government Girls School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by solaugo1: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2017

Information reaching Newsnow Nigeria has it that the Federal Government Girls College refuses to sing the Nigeria National Anthem during the morning assembly today. The FGGC Umuahia shares compound with Afarkwu, the home town of the IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu.

When contacted, staff of the college confirm the incident but refuses to talk to our correspondence on the issue or the reason why the college decided to suspend the recitation of the Nigeria National Anthem.

It was discovered that the principal of the college, Mrs. Giginna was away on official assignment while the College VP Academic 1 Mrs. Onyebuchi conducted the college assembly this morning. Effort to contact the principal of the college of this development prove abortive.

There have been clashes between the army and members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in Abia since Monday. Members of the group razed a police station and burnt vehicles in protest against the army crackdown in the state.

Some witnesses told Newsnow Nigeria on Thursday that the army killed two members of the group and took away their bodies.

https://news.assure.ng/ipob-federal-government-girls-college-umuahia-refuses-sing-nigeria-national-anthem/
Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
what haven't we seen in this country
Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Amarabae(f): 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
Irrelevent, whether they sing it or not, next please

16 Likes

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by deepwater(f): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2017
promiseolaoye:
what haven't we seen in this country

Wat to go

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by attackgat: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nice one!

You invade their peaceful community with your barbaric Nigerian Army, shoot several unarmed people dead, and you expect them to sing the national anthem of the country that oppresses them.

I think it would be a great idea for IPOB to instruct our people never to sing the Nigerian national anthem again.

Parents should be told to get their kids not to sing it again

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Kalapizim(m): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
what ! the principal and staffs should be flogged
Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by babyfaceafrica: 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
Who that one EPP?..if they like they should sing Ukraine national anthem..by the time fg sacks all their teachers,their head will be straight

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Tyche(m): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
The rise of irrelevant unscrupulous blogs with penchant for propaganda and dissemination of false news

6 Likes

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by IgboSubmarine: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
You killed their love ones and expect them to sing the National Anthem

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by perez100: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
Buhari has radicalized IPOB. Ideology! Who can defeat it? The mother of all unending war. I tell you, Nigeria will get what she want. They want faceless groups operating in every part of Nigeria singing more peaceful boko haram songs without traceable base and you will only read General Peace Elude-Killer claiming responsibility for no group. Then Nigerians will be begging 'pls let them come out and tell us what is their problem. They should watch it but I feel for some well meaning Nigerians from all tribes that may be affected.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Ajisebioyolaari: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
They no flog nonsense and bästard comot 4 their body? Already sowing seeds of discords in the mind of those little kids. Chai, where Mr Okpanachi, my primary school headmaster? If that man flog you for nyash, you go recite 1st and 2nd stanza of Nigerian anthem with national pledge in 30 seconds. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by zionmde: 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
The last time i sang the anthem was in nysc camp, after seeing wat one nigeria meant i vowed never to sing the anthem again. my kids will never learn the lyrics. we will keep suing for peace because its priceless but one nigeria? never

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
zionmde:
The last time i sang the anthem was in nysc camp, after seeing wat one nigeria meant i vowed never to sing the anthem again. my kids will never learn the lyrics. we will keep suing for peace because its priceless but one nigeria? never

Words of a sensible man. A man who avoids war is wiser than a leader of any nation who uses war and violence as dialogue. What Buhari is doing is War against Citiziens of Nigeria. As long as Biafra hasn't been actualise, Easterners are still Nigerians and they have rights!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by AWOisaCOWARD: 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
They call it one Nigeria but they wrote the constitution and remove Christianity, add Sharia law and courts, moved the capital to their region, splits their villages into states and their kitchens into LGAS just to loot from the south. Yeye dey smell.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by slivertongue: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
the anthem is a facade
Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Igboesika: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
Amarabae:
Irrelevent,
whether they sing it or not,
next please
Same way you are irrelevant, confused and unstable in Ipob affairs.
Get lost because their actions speaks a lot.
Mumu.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by devindevin2000: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nigeria is a sick country also inhabited by sick citizens. How in the hell do you expect them to sing National Anthem after killing them? Even me I would be scared to be around IPOB anywhere knowing how they view Nigeria and Nigerians who support their massacre. They are no longer interested in this country, let them go...simple

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by cstr1000: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
Interesting.
Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Omololu007(m): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
FGC umuahia is not an IBO school,they have student from all over Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by cstr1000: 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2017

6 Likes

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Osu175(m): 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
I believe they fear for attack from IPOB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by cstr1000: 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2017

6 Likes

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by MrKong: 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2017
IgboSubmarine:
You killed their love ones and expect them to sing the National Anthem

The loved ones wey dey throw petrol bomb and matchet Hausas?...they deserve the death

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Osu175(m): 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
cstr1000:

Ofcourse, that is what you learnt from your brown-roof hut in sango-ota.
Lol.
Oga I am just saying what i think cud be the cause. Mind you, am a full blood nwa ohafia (abia), the land of the warriors
Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by cstr1000: 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2017

4 Likes

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by mazimee(m): 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
Amarabae:
Irrelevent,
whether they sing it or not,
next please

Are you this dull?
Kids who has been singing " I pledge to Nigeria my country" out of the blue stopped, and you said it is irrelevant

Most of you are really poor in analytical thinking.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by simultaneousboi(m): 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
wait 1st.....!
Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
Sing no Anthem of a Country who makes you an enemy.

I support that. No allegiance to a country who makes you less than other tribes.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Kenistry(m): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
welcome development. l stopped longtime ago cid l don't pay lips service, my words & integrity must be intact. there's nothing worth singing in the nigerian national anthem.
those we thought were heroes, sew deze seeds of discord, peace & unity gone and other ills.
there is absolute nothing is worth singing in dat anthem.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
mazimee:

Are you this dull?
Kids who has been singing " I pledge to Nigeria my country" out of the blue stopped, and you said it is irrelevant

Wonders wonders

Her ignorance of civics is exposed for the world to see.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
deepwater:

Wat to go

what are you saying
Re: IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
Now Buhari and Burutai must combat an ideology sown in the minds of the people right down to the suckling children. Lets see how they intend to do that with their Python and whatever dance.
By God who made me this is the worst government currently in power in Africa and in the history of Nigeria.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Will NDA Blow Up A Pipeline In Southeast? / Buhari Is Clinically Dead, Says CIA Agent / Adamu Garba: Why Northern Nigeria Supports Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.