Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads (29077 Views)

ASUU Strike: Students To Shut Down Federal Secretariats, Radio Stations / Bamidele Impeached As NANS President Over $200K Embezzlement Scandal / NANS President Reacts To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by okoyeizu: 11:01am On Sep 16, 2017
Piece of shit greater than ur dad grin
Lothario:
Buhari is a piece of Sh!t
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by visijo(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2017
funny Nigerians.
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Gamesmart: 11:03am On Sep 16, 2017
aauflash:

Are you trying to say he should not embark in it. Are you ready to stay extra year year at home. Mind you all those politicians and lecturers children are outside or Private University Thats why they are not affected

And how would blocking federal roads affect the politicians and lecturers?

Senseless students!
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by protonz(m): 11:10am On Sep 16, 2017
AK6464:
Have you heard of Python Dance? Count your cost before you start o. just a word of advice
Ode
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 16, 2017
xtivin:

You want to stop a bullion van from moving on a federal highway?, or stop an Army General from travelling like the Shi'ite?.. oga I advice you don't join them if you see them run away,Nigeria is not ripe for mass protest.Just a word
u talk tru, this won't work am afraid.
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Ipayesco(m): 11:18am On Sep 16, 2017
[quote author=aauflash post=60510894]APPARENTLY bothered by the industrial action rocking the education sector, leadership of the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, has vowed to shut down all major federal express roads next week if no resumption date is fixed. The students union came up with the decision after an emergency meeting held in the Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin. NANS laments unions strike: They decried that the Federal Government allowed the Academic Staff Union of Uni

Hope these not an empty treat
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Davemamza: 11:19am On Sep 16, 2017
please ooo dnt, cos the army will declare you terrorist organisation
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by charlesucheh(m): 11:21am On Sep 16, 2017
And later, they will shut him up with money! How many times have they agitated against ill treatments by lecturers to students in our university environment. Now, they want to form akpobi cos it democracy abi? Well, I wish them luck!
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by dabossman(m): 11:22am On Sep 16, 2017
[quote author=Reference post=60514080][/quote]

You need to calm down and stop venting. That is not how problems are solved.

First things first. Understanding the genesis of a problem is the first step to addressing it. This problem did not start today. Even this current strike is about promises the FG made to ASUU as far back as 2009. An MOU was signed then but has been poorly implemented until now.

Secondly, we can blame the executive all we want, but the real solution lies in the legislature. There is a UN stipulation on how much of a national budget that should go into education. Has NASS for once insisted that the education budget be raised to anywhere near that percentage? It's easier for them to adjust the budget to allocate more funds to their constituency projects than it is to allocate more funds to education. Also, who has oversight functions in ensuring the implementation of this budget if not NASS? If only we Nigerians understand the style of democracy we practice, we would probably have real growth. But many years under military rule has given us the mentality we have today.

We can keep venting and shouting as usual, insulting individuals rather than analysing and solving the problem with finality. Maybe 10-20 years from now, we'll still be venting, striking and blocking highways. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by otitokoroleti: 11:24am On Sep 16, 2017
ifeanyija:
Nigeria Military and FG will declare NANS terrorist organization soon
You can say that again grin
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Dare2Try(m): 11:30am On Sep 16, 2017
This guys dey make me laugh in Greek sha, watch as Dem go label u guys tout, terrorist and cult group
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by chiscodedon(m): 11:34am On Sep 16, 2017
K Try it and be termed terrorist group.. You've forgotten the tyrant on sit
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by dabossman(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2017
Originalsly:
So what do you recommend? .... everyone sit at home and do nothing?....and the next generation be a bunch of illiterates? ....or should we sit at home and ask God to resolve the matter? ...if yes, I can guarantee you God will do nothing because God help those who help themselves.

Blocking the highways will not affect those in government directly. We've been down that road before. No pun intended.

At the end of the day, the solution lies in putting pressure on those in government. And we all know the pressure nerve of the FG. It is oil. The day NUPENG, PENGASSON, and all other unions in the sector ground the country to a halt and insist on qualitative education for our children, the government may begin to listen. ASUU needs to synergize with some of these other unions. Let them know it is the future of their kids that is at stake.

Also, and most importantly, we must put press on the National Assembly to ensure a much higher budget is given to education and that budget must be properly financed in the same way their own allowances are financed.

Indeed, everyone sitting at home and doing nothing, while the economy that funds the lavish lifestyle of our political elite grinds to a halt may be the key. The only problem is we Nigerians rarely have the staying power.

1 Like

Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by xxgig(m): 11:54am On Sep 16, 2017
aauflash:

Are you trying to say he should not embark in it. Are you ready to stay extra year year at home. Mind you all those politicians and lecturers children are outside or Private University Thats why they are not affected
what ever the students are planning, if its for the now, it is ill time and not good for the country.
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Ovaiegbe(m): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2017
SEE COWARDS. ARE YOU TIRED OF COLLECTING HAND OUTS FROM POLITICIANS.

RATHER than confront ASUU and the political class that are keeping you where you are, na citizens weh de go about their business you wan disturb?
THINK! THINK!! THINK!!! Wasted generation Please THINK.
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Originalsly: 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
dabossman:

Blocking the highways will not affect those in government directly. We've been down that road before. No pun intended.

At the end of the day, the solution lies in putting pressure on those in government. And we all know the pressure nerve of the FG. It is oil. The day NUPENG, PENGASSON, and all other unions in the sector ground the country to a halt and insist on qualitative education for our children, the government may begin to listen. ASUU needs to synergize with some of these other unions. Let them know it is the future of their kids that is at stake.

Also, and most importantly, we must put press on the National Assembly to ensure a much higher budget is given to education and that budget must be properly financed in the same way their own allowances are financed.

Indeed, everyone sitting at home and doing nothing, while the economy that funds the lavish lifestyle of our political elite grinds to a halt may be the key. The only problem is we Nigerians rarely have the staying power.
Don't you think if the highways are blocked all sectors will be strangled?....including the oil industry? Do you know it's protests and marches that forced the FG of the US to give Blacks Civil Rights?.....the rights that we are bailing out of our country to enjoy but not willing or finding excuses not to fight for our own?
Now explain to me how...how do we put press on the National Assembly?
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Lothario(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
okoyeizu:
Piece of shit greater than ur dad grin
And I am greater than ur ancestors and entire generation combine don't quote me again boy am a slaver you're a slave spot the difference you mistake of creation grin
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by davillian(m): 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
Buhari will tag you guys a terrorist group.
Just wait for the gorilla dance NANS.
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Omeokachie: 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
Operation tolotolo dance coming up...

Dont mess with Hitler and Stalin combined that now occupies aso rock.
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Milestones: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2017
WHO SEND YOU??
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by dabossman(m): 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2017
Originalsly:
Don't you think if the highways are blocked all sectors will be strangled?....including the oil industry? Do you know it's protests and marches that forced the FG of the US to give Blacks Civil Rights?.....the rights that we are bailing out of our country to enjoy but not willing or finding excuses not to fight for our own?
Now explain to me how...how do we put press on the National Assembly?

There is a big difference between staging a march and blocking highways. You can march to government house in the different states, march to Aso Rock, march to NASS and camp out there for as long as it takes. People hold marches regularly for cancer awareness etc. Nothing wrong with that.

Blocking highways and preventing others from exercising their right to free movement is however, illegal and counterproductive. That is civil unrest. We all know how it ends. Mobile police, soldiers, live bullets, tear gas, vandalization of innocent people's property. Sorrow, tears and blood. I have been witnessing that since the 80's and it hasn't solved much. We need to change our strategy.

Even the US you made reference to, Civil rights legislation still ended up at Congress. We practice a similar democracy, flawed as it may be. This problem of proper funding for education can only be solved through legislation, not executive fiat. We were all in this country when the Senate cut the budget of the Ministry of PW&H, and increased the budget for their own constituency projects against the will of the executive. How about increasing the budget for education and ensuring budget implementation through their oversight functions.

How do we put pressure on NASS? Apart from cutting off the supply from the goose that laya the golden egg? How about organizing pressure groups to recall them? NANS can mobilize students nationwide to do this rather than wasting time under the sun engaging trigger happy law enforcement. We can start with members of the committees on education in both houses. How about when they come to bribe us with keke napep and grinding machines in the name of constituency projects, we say no, put that money in education. How about a peaceful one million man march to the National Assembly if NANS must hit the streets. How about sponsoring a bill for a specific percentage of national budget going annually to education to the NASS and campaigning nationwide for its swift passage.

The approach must be strategic and consistently pursued.

1 Like

Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by izmercy(m): 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2017
gadgetsngs:
What are u saying? Who told you our leaders do not know the solution to problems on ground? So becos it will have negative impact on the common Man , we should then keep mute abi?
Oga, please no transfer aggression to me. Read my post again. if you can't comprehend, then ask for help. Cheers!
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by okoyeizu: 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2017
U gat nothing bro..i will feed u and ur entire generation. What do u do for a living? U just come here and insult ur leaders n fathers thinking u are catching fun..I'm gainfully employed n doing quite well..quote author=Lothario post=60516542]And I am greater than ur ancestors and entire generation combine don't quote me again boy am a slaver you're a slave spot the difference you mistake of creation grin[/quote]
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Lothario(m): 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
okoyeizu:
U gat nothing bro..i will feed u and ur entire generation. What do u do for a living? U just come here and insult ur leaders n fathers thinking u are catching fun..I'm gainfully employed n doing quite well..quote author=Lothario post=60516542]And I am greater than ur ancestors and entire generation combine don't quote me again boy am a slaver you're a slave spot the difference you mistake of creation grin
Motherfucker am a trained hematologist am more gainfully employed than you and your ancestors and generation will ever be and I will soon be going into private practice you can go Bleep a puppy fool grin
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by DrHighchief(m): 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2017
Nans fighting for their pocket...
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by okoyeizu: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
U are a poor fool..I will feed u for d rest of ur life.I've trained people far educated than you.I will employ u and feed u for d rest of ur life.Go n learn how to talk n stop boasting of what u don't av..I've bin working in a federal University for abt 10yrs n av rose 2 d rank of an assistant registrar..Check me up on fbk
Lothario:
Motherfucker am a trained hematologist am more gainfully employed than you and your ancestors and generation will ever be and I will soon be going into private practice you can go Bleep a puppy fool grin
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Lothario(m): 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2017
okoyeizu:
U are a poor fool..I will feed u for d rest of ur life.I've trained people far educated than you.I will employ u and feed u for d rest of ur life.Go n learn how to talk n stop boasting of what u don't av..I've bin working in a federal University for abt 10yrs n av rose 2 d rank of an assistant registrar..Check me up on fbk
grin grin grin grin so you're one of those lecturers that take advantage of female students you wretched bastard if you can feed you won't need to take bribe from student to pass them you pauper shut up and bow to me assistant registrar my foot my past am sure is brighter than ur future boy cook up a better lie prick grin
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by okoyeizu: 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2017
I don't take bribe and will never do..i'm happily married n contented with my wife n lovely kids.U are still a kid n will never get a brighter future I bet u.U don't respect ur parents n leaders.U nid 2 grow up. We are having issues with d govt but I can't insult d president.I've achieved evrytn I nid in life..i've got my own house,cars n feed well and have a big GOD...U are still dreaming of a future u don't know about...hehe...get a life n get out!!
Lothario:
grin grin grin grin so you're one of those lecturers that take advantage of female students you wretched bastard if you can feed you won't need to take bribe from student to pass them you pauper shut up and bow to me assistant registrar my foot my past am sure is brighter than ur future boy cook up a better lie prick grin
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Lothario(m): 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2017
okoyeizu:
I don't take bribe and will never do..i'm happily married n contented with my wife n lovely kids.U are still a kid n will never get a brighter future I bet u.U don't respect ur parents n leaders.U nid 2 grow up. We are having issues with d govt but I can't insult d president.I've achieved evrytn I nid in life..i've got my own house,cars n feed well and have a big GOD...U are still dreaming of a future u don't know about...hehe...get a life n get out!!
Lol am living my dream am a doctor practicing in Michigan I've achieved some of my goals and still have some am gunning for I can see I've gotten the better of you telling you my past is brighter than your future now boy that's the simple truth bow to me kiss my feet if that is difficult for you can have a rain check on me and kiss my a$$ fool now get of my mention before I go all django on you Stup!d
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2017
Mikeal09:
That bae is funny abi? grin That bae is funny abi?
Yes she is.
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2017
okoyeizu:
You are a non-academic staff if really you are an assistant registrar not a lecturer.
Re: Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads by okoyeizu: 5:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
U should be telling those that have not travelled abroad...I have my masters degree n PhD in d Uk and U.S...Look for some cheap people n tell ur achievement..U've got nothing..Take it!
Lothario:
Lol u am living my dream am a doctor practicing in Michigan I've achieved some of my goals and still have some am gunning for I can see I've gotten the better of you telling you my past is brighter than your future now boy that's the simple truth bow to me kiss my feet if that is difficult for you can have a rain check on me and kiss my a$$ fool now get of my mention before I go all django on you Stup!d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Study Microbiology In The University. / UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH / Who Else Did This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.