Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible (1921 Views)

Three Major Things God Wants From You / 8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe / THREE THINGS GOD CAN NOT DO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible by NigPatriot(m): 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
Okay I got this off Quora website, and I felt erudites in theology enlighten us abit.

Deuteronomy 22:28–29; God’s punishment for the raping of a virgin is to pay her father 50 shekels of silver and marry her for life. The rapist was seen as ruining someone else’s property, not ruining a young girl’s life. Forcing a girl to marry her rapist and have her father accept some money as compensation is disgusting

2 Samuel 7:11; God, through Nathan, says he is going to punish David’s affair with Bathsheba by making all of David’s wives prostitutes. God making David’s wives prostitutes, despite what His own law said, is not moral.

Leviticus 26:29; God describes how he will punish people by making them eat the flesh of their own sons and daughters. Any God threatening to force people into cannibalism on their family is not moral.

Joshua 6:20–21; God helps the Israelites destroy Jericho, killing “men, women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys”. C’mon. Ruthlessly murdering all the women and children in a city is not moral.

Deuteronomy 2:32–35; God has the Israelites kill everyone in Heshbon, including children. Later in chapter 3:3–7, God commands they do the same to the city of Bashan.

1 Numbers 31:7–18; God decides to not kill everyone this time. This time, He commands the Israelites to kill all the Midianites except the virgins, whom they will take as spoils of war. Killing everyone besides virgins and using them as sex slaves isn’t moral.

Genesis 7:21–23; God drowns the entire population of the earth (except for Noah and his family): men, women, and children, both born and unborn, because they were “evil”. I don’t know how unborn children could be evil, but whatever. Killing the entire population of earth, including innocent babies, is not moral.

Judges 11:30–39; Jephthah burns his daughter alive as a sacrificial offering for God’s favor in killing the Ammonites. Jephthah is crazy for burning his daughter alive and God is crazy for allowing it. Child sacrifice is not moral.

Deuteronomy 21:18–21; God demands we kill disobedient teenagers. Stoning disobedient children to death is not moral.

Exodus 21:20–21, Colossians 3:22–24, Ephesians 6:5, 1 Peter 2:18; God legitimizes slavery by saying it’s okay to own slaves and to beat them. Slaves are told to obey their masters just as they would obey Jesus, even if their masters are harsh. God blatantly supports slavery. Supporting slavery is not moral.

There’s plenty more, but here’s a pretty solid list to start!
Re: What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible by Tamass: 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2017
na wa oo...you own beef na with God
Re: What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible by bedspread: 8:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
KNOW THIS, IRRESPECTIVE OF WAT U SAY, GOD REMAINS GOD.
GOD IS NOT A MAN
GOD IS GOOD, KIND, GRACIOUS,LOVING, PROTECTIVE...
BUT HE HATES SIN. HE IS A JEALOUS GOD.
GOD CAN LIFT U UP, HE COULD ALSO PULL U DOWN
GOD GIVES LIFE AND ALSO TAKES LIFE

HE FORMED LIGHT AND HE CREATED DARKNESS

GOD HAS THE POWER TO DO THIS OR THAT..

YOU AND I HAVE NO RIGHT TO QUESTION HIM..

WE ARE CREATED FOR HIS PLEASURE..

YOU REGARD HIM AS YOUR KING OR U TALK ANYHOW ABOUT HIM, HE REMAINS GOD

HE IS THE ONE THAT WILL STILL JUDGE YOU WHETHER U LIKE HIM OR NOT..

ESAU WAS NOT BORN BEFORE HE SAID HE HATED HIM...

HE CREATED PHAROH IN OTHER TO DESTROY HIM

YOU ARE TOOOOOO SMALL TO SPEAK EVIL ABOUT HIM...

SUBMIT TO HIM AND PRAY TO BE IN HIS GOOD BOOK...

LORD GOD OF HEAVEN AND EARTH... MY DADDY, I FEAR YOU SIR

1 Like

Re: What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible by Karlovich: 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2017
fucking Mary, commanding bears to eat little children, sending Jews to murder so many people from neighbouring localities, murdering his son jizzus
Re: What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible by NigPatriot(m): 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2017
Tamass:
na wa oo...you own beef na with God

If you read the post punctiliously, you would see where the op stated "gotten from Quora".

And the idea behind this is not tarnish or be impertinent to God. It's to draw opinions from questions and controversial bible Verses.

If you don't question your beliefs, you might never be able to validate it.

It's alarming how we shy off religious matters, when really it's the fulcrum behind societal living.
Re: What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible by Uyi168: 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
bedspread:
KNOW THIS, IRRESPECTIVE OF WAT U SAY, GOS REMAINS GOD.
GOD IS NOT A MAN
GOD IS GOOD, KIND, GRACIOUS,LOVING, PROTECTIVE...
BUT HE HATES SIN. HE IS A JEALOUS GOD.
GOD CAN LIFT U UP, HE COULD ALSO PULL U DOWN

GOD HAS THE POWER TO DO THIS OR THAT..

YOU AND I HAVE NO RIGHT TO QUESTION HIM..

WE ARE CREATED FOR HIS PLEASURE..

YOU REGARD HIM AS YOUR KING OR U TALK ANYHOW ABOUT HIM, HE REMAINS GOD

HE IS THE ONE THAT WILL STILL JUDGE YOU WHETHER U LIKE HIM OR NOT..

ESAU WAS NOT BORN BEFORE HE SAID HE HATED HIM...

HE CREATED PHAROH IN OTHER TO DESTROY HIM

YOU ARE TOOOOOO SMALL TO SPEAK EVIL ABOUT HIM...

SUBMIT TO HIM AND PRAY TO BE IN HIS GOOD BOOK...

.Is this ur take on the points raised in the op?
Re: What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible by NigPatriot(m): 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2017
bedspread:
KNOW THIS, IRRESPECTIVE OF WAT U SAY, GOS REMAINS GOD.

[b]
[b]YOU AND I HAVE NO RIGHT TO QUESTION HIM
..[/b]
... [/b]

I'm rather unsure you have acumen about the Bible, who says you can't question God? Infact most of the patriachs of the Bible did. Abraham did, when he was pleading on behalf of S&G. Moses did on several occasions when bargaining on the Exodus of the Israelites, David did also amongst many others.

You just misdirected the topic with your response. Yes you Love your God but seek to understand first before responding..
Re: What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible by PianoWizard: 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
NigPatriot:
Okay I got this off Quora website, and I felt erudites in theology enlighten us abit.

Deuteronomy 22:28–29; God’s punishment for the raping of a virgin is to pay her father 50 shekels of silver and marry her for life. The rapist was seen as ruining someone else’s property, not ruining a young girl’s life. Forcing a girl to marry her rapist and have her father accept some money as compensation is disgusting

2 Samuel 7:11; God, through Nathan, says he is going to punish David’s affair with Bathsheba by making all of David’s wives prostitutes. God making David’s wives prostitutes, despite what His own law said, is not moral.

Leviticus 26:29; God describes how he will punish people by making them eat the flesh of their own sons and daughters. Any God threatening to force people into cannibalism on their family is not moral.

Joshua 6:20–21; God helps the Israelites destroy Jericho, killing “men, women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys”. C’mon. Ruthlessly murdering all the women and children in a city is not moral.

Deuteronomy 2:32–35; God has the Israelites kill everyone in Heshbon, including children. Later in chapter 3:3–7, God commands they do the same to the city of Bashan.

1 Numbers 31:7–18; God decides to not kill everyone this time. This time, He commands the Israelites to kill all the Midianites except the virgins, whom they will take as spoils of war. Killing everyone besides virgins and using them as sex slaves isn’t moral.

Genesis 7:21–23; God drowns the entire population of the earth (except for Noah and his family): men, women, and children, both born and unborn, because they were “evil”. I don’t know how unborn children could be evil, but whatever. Killing the entire population of earth, including innocent babies, is not moral.

Judges 11:30–39; Jephthah burns his daughter alive as a sacrificial offering for God’s favor in killing the Ammonites. Jephthah is crazy for burning his daughter alive and God is crazy for allowing it. Child sacrifice is not moral.

Deuteronomy 21:18–21; God demands we kill disobedient teenagers. Stoning disobedient children to death is not moral.

Exodus 21:20–21, Colossians 3:22–24, Ephesians 6:5, 1 Peter 2:18; God legitimizes slavery by saying it’s okay to own slaves and to beat them. Slaves are told to obey their masters just as they would obey Jesus, even if their masters are harsh. God blatantly supports slavery. Supporting slavery is not moral.

There’s plenty more, but here’s a pretty solid list to start!
Abeg be quiet,, who are you to tell what is moral and what is not moral ?Who are you to judge the actions of God ? The law was not given to guide the actions of God but to guide the conduct of men. So just shut up.
Re: What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible by PianoWizard: 9:33pm On Sep 16, 2017
NigPatriot:

I'm rather unsure you have acumen about the Bible, who says you can't question God? Infact most of the patriachs of the Bible did. Abraham did, when he was pleading on behalf of S&G. Moses did on several occasions when bargaining on the Exodus of the Israelites, David did also amongst many others.

You just misdirected the topic with your response. Yes you Love your God but seek to understand first before responding..
when they did, did they him what he did or what he was going to do was not moral. They layer their request in a subtle manner.
Re: What Are The Examples Of The Most Horrible Things God Did In The Bible by CAPSLOCKED: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
EVERYTHING IN THAT BOOK IS "A HORRIBLE THING", MY DEAR.

(1) (Reply)

Are Agnostics Also Atheists? An Interesting Discussion! / Resurrection Accounts In The Gospel: Reconciliation Wanted / What Is Wrong With Reason ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.