Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! (7668 Views)

Can Someone Upload This Music For Me Here Or Tell Me The Name? / Tell Us Your State And The Radio Station Rocking It / Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 11:11am On Mar 04, 2010
My home studio. My pride and joy  wink

The stands that are being used to hold the two monitors cost me ₤115.

Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 11:19am On Mar 04, 2010
I use tannoy nearfield speakers that cost me ₤220 for the pair. The AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone cost me  ₤109. That thing on the mic i forgot what you call it but it cost me ₤15. My keyboard is very old cost about ₤600 when i bought it second hand. Headphones cost ₤10 i have two one for me and one for my singer.

Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 11:27am On Mar 04, 2010
I also use the yamaha MW8cx USB mixing studio. Cost price ₤269

Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 11:34am On Mar 04, 2010
I just got cubase 5 which cost ₤425 only to findout that i don't have enough GHz on windows XP to use it.

Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 11:59am On Mar 04, 2010
Thats another picture of my cubase 5 plus the Stylus RMX which is the best virtual instrument drum plugin in the market. Cost price i don't remember but think was ₤129

Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2010
Well thats it folks i still got a few more things i can post here but thats it for now.
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by ElRazur: 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2010
Good stuff. smiley

The "thing" in front of the mic is called a Popper-stopper filter. Or mic Popper. grin

A hanger bent into shape with a socks works just a effective.
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by Krayola(m): 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2010
grin grin I just move my head further away from the mic whenever I'm gonna say "p" or "b" tongue

@manmustwac Nice one. Lookin forward to hearin ur sound wink
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by tosinaded(m): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2010
guys dey vex o grin

#hustleIsTheGame
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2010
ElRazur:

Good stuff. smiley

The "thing" in front of the mic is called a Popper-stopper filter. Or mic Popper. grin

A hanger bent into shape with a socks works just a effective.
thanks i'll keep that in mind
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by ElRazur: 5:15pm On Mar 04, 2010
manmustwac:

thanks i'll keep that in mind

That tip is for those who are on a budget, not rich man like you. cheesy
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2010
ElRazur:

That tip is for those who are on a budget, not rich man like you. cheesy
u calling me rich man. i need to get a new computer coz cubase requires is 2 GHz while my old computer only has 1.6 GHz. i dey find money oh
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by ElRazur: 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2010
If you really are interested, I can tell you what to buy and have it put together for you. It is better to build your own pc yourself than to buy from a shop. How much is your budget?

Ideally, you need the following:

Case
PSU [400/450 watts]
Motherboard with processor
Ram
Sound card []
Operating system
Hard drive.

Case, are cheap and do come with PSU [Power supply Unit].

You need to look at AMD processor - Very Good and well priced. Ideally, look at a motherboard and processor bundle.

For your RAM< I will recommend 4gig or 8Gig.

I am not sure if you have an existing sound card hence the question mark.

Windows XP is really cheap these days, no need to put windows 7 as all the drivers and what not still work very well with Xp

Hard drive are cheap too, a good 250g can be aorund 25pounds or so. Or you can take the one from your existing computer.

It is just a matter of putting these together and you will be surprised how much you will end up saving. That is how I build my own. smiley

If you need any help I can point you in the right direction.
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 7:22pm On Mar 04, 2010
ElRazur:

If you really are interested, I can tell you what to buy and have it put together for you. It is better to build your own pc yourself than to buy from a shop. How much is your budget?

Ideally, you need the following:

Case
PSU [400/450 watts]
Motherboard with processor
Ram
Sound card []
Operating system
Hard drive.

Case, are cheap and do come with PSU [Power supply Unit].

You need to look at AMD processor - Very Good and well priced. Ideally, look at a motherboard and processor bundle.

For your RAM< I will recommend 4gig or 8Gig.

I am not sure if you have an existing sound card hence the question mark.

Windows XP is really cheap these days, no need to put windows 7 as all the drivers and what not still work very well with Xp

Hard drive are cheap too, a good 250g can be aorund 25pounds or so. Or you can take the one from your existing computer.

It is just a matter of putting these together and you will be surprised how much you will end up saving. That is how I build my own. smiley

If you need any help I can point you in the right direction.
Honestly i don't know much about computers and am thinking of buying a new PC for around £500 whenever i manage to raise the doh.
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by ElRazur: 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2010
Save money and build yourself one. It is however your choice. For a PC that cost 500, you can build it for about £390 or so.
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by chamotex(m): 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2010
Nice one guyz
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2010
ElRazur:

Save money and build yourself one. It is however your choice. For a PC that cost 500, you can build it for about £390 or so.
well thats gonna be towards the end of this month coz i really need to learn about RAM, CPU, Gigabites, GHz, Dual Core Processors, MB and ASIO before i think of buying or making a PC.
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by ElRazur: 8:16pm On Mar 04, 2010
RAM is where some of the processing are done along side with that on the mother board.

CPU is just acronym for Central processing Unit. It is where all the "magic" takes place as the name suggest.

Gigabytes is more to do with storage - 250Gig of Hard Drive etc.

Dual core - Means there are two processing units inside the CPU [I think]. Having said that, Dual core is so a bit old now, you may want to go Quad core [4 processors in the CPU]

MB - I am guessing you mean MegaBytes. It is mostly associated with storage and I think computer memory.

Asio - It is a stadard driver that is used in your sound card. If you really wanna get technical, it stands for Audio stream input/Ouput. But you just need to know that it is a driver that works with your sound card.

There isn't much to "learn" so to speak. But It may be worth reading around it etc. If you are really keen, I can point you in places where to buy these things.
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by manmustwac(m): 11:35pm On Mar 04, 2010
ElRazur:

There isn't much to "learn" so to speak. But It may be worth reading around it etc. If you are really keen, I can point you in places where to buy these things.
go ahead
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by ElRazur: 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2010
Novatech uk.
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by wengewenge: 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2010
make una no allow this thread die o. grin
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by ElRazur: 1:04pm On Mar 05, 2010
LOl. I suppose people can ask question about studio stuff and what not. Me too I am learning, so can all learn from each other. Or better still, I steal all your production techniques. grin
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by lalaboi(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2010
Now am jealous lol. ,

I think am gona start doing this. . .
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by Krayola(m): 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2010
lalaboi:

Now am jealous lol. ,

I think am gona start doing this. . .
Abeg sharap my friend. I asked u to be my manager u dey form, all of a sudden u wan become P diddy because u see fine fine pinshure. Pscchheeww!! How peer pressure go still dey influence you? grin grin
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by lalaboi(m): 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2010
Krayola:

Abeg sharap my friend. I asked u to be my manager u dey form, all of a sudden u wan become P diddy because u see fine fine pinshure. Pscchheeww!! How peer pressure go still dey influence you? grin grin

lol. . . Na this one go better. . . I go be ur super producer! . . . u never know! grin
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by Krayola(m): 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
haha. . .wenge wenge and Elrazur don super pass u o. U go start from baby producer first. grin I go dey use ur beats practice then when I get real project I go use their own grin You gotta pay ur dues. U think say na beans? tongue
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by lalaboi(m): 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2010
Krayola:

haha. . .wenge wenge and Elrazur don super pass u o. U go start from baby producer first. grin I go dey use your beats practice then when I get real project I go use their own grin You gotta pay your dues. U think say na beans? tongue

See as i quote you so. . .

U go dey beg for my beats! lol . ,
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by Krayola(m): 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2010
haha. oya abeg no vex. grin
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by wengewenge: 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2010
i promise una say this el razur thread will never die, if el razur like make he go holiday for burundi.lol
el razur
how many times did i call u , i say u will kill person career b4 it even starts , lmfao. the way u criticise an artist the artist fit commit suicide o.  wit that your bad mouth grin
   where has jesoul been ,
jesoul u didnt make any comment about intro to GOD 101.

and one more thing b4 i go chop dinner, its not the size of ur studio and the number of things yall put on it, its the size of ur brain ! grin grin

el razur come out o. grin
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by ElRazur: 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2010
Wenge, I was just telling him what should have been told to him before it was out in the open. I mean no harm. If he is good lyrically, I came make a beat for him to use as a demo [Note I said demo].

By the way, when do you plan on uploading that DJ premier beat of yours?
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by wengewenge: 4:26pm On Mar 05, 2010
ElRazur:

Wenge, I was just telling him what should have been told to him before it was out in the open. I mean no harm. If he is good lyrically, I came make a beat for him to use as a demo [Note I said demo].

lmao, thats the mistake most people make , they just go and meet any producer who will collect money and not even care how tight the song comes out., am just feeling sorry for d guy consider the amount of money he musta given the producer, he is actually working wit some well nown names, judgeing fromwhat he mentioned, am just wondering if they didnt listen to it b4 putting it out. thats how many wack songs get out in the open and u see people from left right and center criticizing the song as wack,
.why do u think a wenge wenge for instance has put out songs. grin grin i just pity the guy cuz u almost finished the career wit a single comment . lmao grin grin

ElRazur:

By the way, when do you plan on uploading that DJ premier beat of yours?

wenge wenge is not dj premier, dj premier is dj premier, wenge wenge is wenge wenge, there is a huge difference, plus i think am sicker than dj premier. grin grin are u really itching to hear it? grin its sicker than dr dre o.
Re: Post Your Studio Or Tell Us About It! by tosinaded(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2010
bolaji upload this beat now. . . . u dey fall my hand o wink

#itsnaija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video Of Timi Dakolo: Great Nation / Video: Secondary School Students Caught In The Classroom Having S*X In Abia Stat / Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.