Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Christian Video Games - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Christian Video Games (2319 Views)

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? / Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Up Coming Video Games That You Won't Want To Miss (PC & Console) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Video Games by Gamine(f): 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2007
Hmm I know there arent a lot of christian video games around but I've seen quite a few like 'Ominous Horizons: A Paladins Calling'. Do you know any?
Re: Christian Video Games by texazzpete(m): 8:02am On Feb 16, 2007
Yeah, quite a few exist, but most of them are pretty crappy. problem is, most of them aren't designed by real christians with any divine calling but by greedy developers eager to tap into the niche 'christian gamer' market.

Left behind (the game) is an example of this, receiving pretty dire reviews in most gaming sites and severly lampooned by many christian bodies!

will check up on stuff 4 u. feedback will come later
Re: Christian Video Games by Gamine(f): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2007
eya christian gamer market?
God help us
Re: Christian Video Games by Chiz2(m): 9:17am On Mar 30, 2007
i'd hate 2 have 2 admit it but there's hardly anything
bible stories wise that'll appeal 2 gamers - its like we've
heard it before n' know d outcome. Also, anything remotely
adventurous will be quickly classified as a rip-off
Re: Christian Video Games by dakmanzero(m): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2007
Any religious game will degenerate to nothing more than a propaganda vehicle.

And games do not thrive on storyline alone.

The best hope for a good christian game would be some sort of MMO rpg or MMO fps, like america's army
Re: Christian Video Games by texazzpete(m): 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2007
@darkie
A christian FPS?

grin
Re: Christian Video Games by Lush: 8:20am On Apr 16, 2007
A christian first person shooter? Thats a good one, almost got me going there. I tihnk all games are christian games somewhat because you're the good guy who has to save the world. Think about it, isnt that what christian teachings try to pass across? undecided
Re: Christian Video Games by dakmanzero(m): 10:58am On Apr 16, 2007
Well, most video games have you using violence to save the world. Thats kind of un-christian

Also even though christians have been able to justify violence in the past, credibility rsted on not enjoying the violence but rather being left wioth no choice. In video games, the violence is the source of the fun.

My personal opinion is that games are good because they are harmless. Unlike slasher movies which may motivate some to go out and kill, a game actually de-motivates you from commiting whatever you commit in the game in real life. A person who plays needf for speed underground and crashes like 9 out of ten times on a hairpin bend at 120 mph is unl;ikely to do the same thing in real life, plus his need for speed is already satisfied.

As a result, you can see that a game doesnt work well as a propaganda vehicle. If you try to teach christian values through a game, they will simply not translate to real-world actions. A person may be the nicest guy on earth in your game and a total a-hole in real life- the game is seperate from real life.

A book or movie is different- those can be inspirational. Hence christian books or movies make more sense.

I mentioned MMO games because those are built around interactions with real people, and unlike other games they DO influence your real-world behaviour. A christian MMORPG is a good idea in my opinion, and a christian MMOFPS is far-fetched but possible, how you would justify shooting people as a christian is questionable though.

Personally I don't really care any which way. I just look at gameplay. If the game likes let it be about smiling mushrooms or drunken chickens or crying devils. As long as it plays well I'm on board!
Re: Christian Video Games by akara(m): 11:39am On Apr 16, 2007
@topic,

what kind of genre of games would you hope to see

action
adventure
stories
words and puzzles.

it will take a lot of originality to create something that will be classes a good a good christian game.
Re: Christian Video Games by Lush: 11:49am On Apr 16, 2007
In that case, Devil May Cry 3 is a christian game grin
Re: Christian Video Games by moondust(m): 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2007
Yeah I cant wait 2 play as an angel beating the daylights out of skulking ugly demons, hmm sounds cool. Theres a whole lot of plot to use. The idea sells
Re: Christian Video Games by dakmanzero(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2007
what about crusader:no remorse
Re: Christian Video Games by MP007(m): 6:22am On Apr 20, 2007
yes o, Yall need to have the newest christain video game in town, "left behind" , so touching , and there is this crazy one too, The battle of the GODS 2, that game is just awesome, kinda deplets what the end time will look like
Re: Christian Video Games by Glidia: 3:01pm On Jan 25, 2011
Nice game update
Re: Christian Video Games by beeyee18: 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2011
Store Games On your Ps3 Harddisk Or Buy An Already Hacked Ps3
« on: Today at 07:54:56 PM »
Modify message

dude if u wanna hack your ps3(store games in the harddisk and play them witout the cd holla at me asap)15k per ps3 plus al give u 3games inside your harddisk plus i have an already hack ps3 fat 80gig wit 2 games inside it n 1 pad(45k) call me 08080187158 email beeyee18@gmail.com

U will pick any 3 games frm the list below and al put it in your harddisk buying or hacking

army of two)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
Mortal Kombat vs DC

Super Street Fighter 4
PGA Tour 2010
Afro Samurai
Bourne Conspiracy
God Of War 3
Need for speed-pro streets
hell boy(final fantasy 13)

dark void
uncharted 2
smackdown vs raw 2010
The incredible hulk
boarderland
fifa 10

also if u wanna trade holla at me , any of the games listed above,

i also got a brand new xbox 360 S(slim) 250gig with 2 pads and headset,its brand new in the box very clean,
Re: Christian Video Games by Glidia: 8:53am On Apr 04, 2011
good update ,

(1) (Reply)

The Best Nigerian Developed Game? / Uk Used Playstation 3 For Sale / Ps3 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.