Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional (46602 Views)

Open Letter To IPOB By Charles Ogbu / Most APC Governors Is Afraid Of Direct Primaries Says Sen Shehu Sani / 2019: Endorsement Of Buhari By APC Governors Is Corruption – Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by bedspread: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is a well Articulated summation from Senator Saraki....

After all we still have some sane Leaders

SHAME TO THE GOVERNORS OF THE EAST WHO KEPT QUIET DESPITE BEING TERMED TERRORIST

SHAME TO PMB ADVISERS ESPECIALLY THE POLITICAL ADVISERS. Cos this is were his ideas were needed

SHAME TO NIGERIAN ARMY

SHAME TO C-in-C

Nnamdi Kanu no doubt has a huge blame on some of his actions also but PMB , The Eastern Governors, and the Nigerian Army has made The Federal Republic of Nigeria a Laughing stock...

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Touchey: 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrokenTV:
I will start my own boycott of elections with anambra state governorship election. the south eastern governors has shown that they do not have the interest of their people at heart, but only serve their own interest, especially when they felt threatened. they forgot that they are serving their people there, that is their people that put them in that position to the present them.
Lol �� you think your vote counts??
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by dometome: 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin

Nigeria military is confused like Buhari

Who gave Nigerian Military the constitutional power to declare IPOB a terrorist group
-
gospel preachers
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by breakeven: 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
giftq:

Saraki is funding IPOB
This is typical of APC and their collaborators. Mumu people!
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Kazim88: 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
bedspread:
This is a well Articulated summation from Senator Saraki....

After all we still have some sane Leaders

SHAME TO THE GOVERNORS OF THE EAST WHO KEPT QUIET

A big relief that we still have a sane leader...

Imagine if Saraki had cower and remain silent.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by dozymars(m): 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2017
Please tell them.
Did they carry guns ?
Were they violent ?
Did they declare war on Nigeria ?

May God bless us with good leaders in this country.

All we need is a good leader and Nigeria will be transformed.

And everyone will be proud to be called Nigerian.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by prodigy24: 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2017
Right step in right direction. Haters go and hate and quench
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Jones4190(m): 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
the military is very right. THE SIMILARITY: SHEKAU & KANU:

1. Shekau curved an area in the North east and called it Boko haram country, Kanu curved South east and called Biafra his country

2. Shekau formed his military, Kanu formed his military

3. Shekau declare to bring the head Nigeria's president to his acclaimed country, Kanu did same

4. Shekau boast to kill and destroy Nigerian military, Kanu brag the same

5. Shekau banned his followers from attending mosques where boko haram member is not the Imam and Kanu also banned Igbos from attending a church where yoruba is the pastor.

6. Shekau calls Nigeria a country of hypocrites and infidels, Kanu calls Nigeria a country of animals (zoo)

Shekau has his own National flag and cabinet, Kanu also has his own

Let the tribesmen of Nnamdi Kanu spot the differences

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Xisnin(m): 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
Saraki has obviously re-energised Ipob members, I can see many of them who went into
hiding have suddenly resurfaced.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by ikennahillary: 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
It is right for them to be banned...how man death has that idiot caused because of is uselessness ..ask yourself why was massob not banned ? Obviously because they are strictly on violent.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by 1nigeriamyfoot: 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
Override what.
Saraki is on his own, northern senator cannot agree with him.
What else did you want before it can be declared a terrorist group.
A group that is violent and has their own secret security service, has drone to monitor Nigeria security outfits.
So the army has plenty right
Watch this video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1Zpk4DrlA

Below is the excerpts of interview between Sardauna & the white man(a journalist)

White man : One thing I have noticed while I have been here is that northerners seem to have an obsession about the Igbos. Could you explain that to me?

Sardauna: Well, the Igbos are more or less the type of people, whose desire is mainly to dominate everybody. If they go to a village; to a town, they want to monopolise everything in that area. If you put them in a labour camp as a labourer, within a year, they’ll try to emerge as head man of that camp, and so on. Well in the past, our people were not alive to their
responsibilities; because, as you can see from our northernisation policy, that in 1952 when I came here, there weren’t 10 northerners in our civil service here…and I tried to have it northernized and now all important posts are being held by northerners.

White man: Is this policy of filling all key posts
in the north solely with northerners and not with other Nigerians a temporary or permanent one?

Sardauna: In actual fact, what it is, is a northerner first. If you can’t get a northerner, then we take an expatriate like yourself on contract. If we can’t then we can employ another Nigerian but on contract, too. This is going to be permanent, I should say, for as far
as I can foresee; because it would be rather
dangerous to see the number of boys we are now turning from all our learning institutions coming out (and) having no work to do. I’m sure that whichever government of the day might be rather embarrassed and it might even lead to bloodshed.

White man: Doesn’t this damage the idea, Sir of all people in all regions in Nigeria being co-citizens of one country?

Sardauna: Well it might but you are new to our region – how many northerners are employed in the East or in the West? The answer is (none), and if there are any, there may be 10 labourers employed only, in the two regions.

Conclusion: Let's check if the northernization is still in existence till today or not.
Check Sardauna words where he made it clear that West don't employ Northerners but how could you expect me to employ someone who can't deliver? Sardauna words is filled with lots of hate speech & its insane to think that he's right with all what he said

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by HopeAtHand: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Myndd44 Fulanmafia proudlyngwa blues3k AnonyNymous and all those who argued with me. The Senate President have attested that military erred in proscribing what they have no authority over.

IPOB is not a terrorist organization.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by bedspread: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Jones4190:
the military is very right. THE SIMILARITY: SHEKAU & KANU:

1. Shekau curved an area in the North east and called it Boko haram country, Kanu curved South east and called Biafra his country

2. Shekau formed his military, Kanu formed his military

3. Shekau declare to bring the head Nigeria's president to his acclaimed country, Kanu did same

4. Shekau boast to kill and destroy Nigerian military, Kanu brag the same

5. Shekau banned his followers from attending mosques where boko haram member is not the Imam and Kanu also banned Igbos from attending a church where yoruba is the pastor.

6. Shekau calls Nigeria a country of hypocrites and infidels, Kanu calls Nigeria a country of animals (zoo)

Shekau has his own National flag and cabinet, Kanu also has his own

Let the tribesmen of Nnamdi Kanu spot the differences
SHEKAU BOMBEB ABUJA
SHEKAU BOMBEB ADAMAWA
SHEKAU BOMBED ALMOST THE WHOLE NORTH
Nnamdi Kanu was with sticks......

Democracy is a game of Numbers...
Nnamdi Kanu felt he and his people where being made 2nd hand citizens in a country they termed theirs and he decided that it would be better to have a Nation of their own.. (This was not a bad idea)

I blame Nnamdi Kanu for not going proper procedures in issues as this...

His threatenings and all that noise for me was bad.. it's a No

Engaging the Region leaders and people and getting a Majority of the people to believe or concur on his secessionist idea would hv being a better way.

It's never a crime to seek a want away...

But Terming them terrorist because they want a walk-a-away is the highest form of MEDIOCRITY and Lack of KNOWLEDGE ON INTERNATIONAL POLITICS MATTERS..

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by charain: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Saraki for president 2019 undecided

Yeye

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Stkilda(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
Kazim88:
Nigeria Army and Government need to be sued to Court....

Nobody is above the law... they are due processes... What they did was pure criminality and rogue.

There is no need to sue the army. It only means that their declaration is null and void. It also means that the 5 Governors are not intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Deeldorado: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
First time that I'm with Saraki.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by ozoemenaca: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
They should continue to kill innocent people under disguise of labeling them terrorist. The whole world know the truth that IPOB members do not carry arms. Thank you Senate President for saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by jrusky(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
Look at some one talking about unconstitutional?

Wonder shall never end but it was constitutional to swept corruption charges against you under the carpet isn't?
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by xynerise: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nigeria is an insane country... Don't expect things to go well
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by AngryRebel: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
Override what.
A group that is violent and has their own secret security service, has drone to monitor Nigeria security outfits.
Shut up and eat shi*t. How can a sensible individual encourage a pronouncements made by d military in a Democratic regime? It means u idiots supporting the military are indirectly telling them to take over d affairs of d country. Stupid* imbe*ciles
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by belindar: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
paschu:
undecided

How on earth do you designate an entire PEOPLE as terrorists simply because THEY ARE DARN DETERMINED TO GET A REFERENDUM to allow everyone decide FOR THE FIRST TIME if or not they want to continue in this island of fraud and social/political/economic injustice called "One Nigeria".

You kill and maim innocent civilians in cold blood, yet you expect God, their friends, family and relatives to support your agenda. No, you've lost me already.

They are terrorist Bicos they decided to create a military outfit for themselves challenging the authorities of the state. Saraki is looking for cheap popularity. Nigeria have only one military outfit and any group of people challenging it will be dealt with. There is one commander in chief.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
Stingman:

Your born to rule era is over! Try and revive your groundut pyramid and hides and skin businesses. Leave NNPC and NPA alone.
oh...ok.. grin grin
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Amarabae(f): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
Thank you saraki, sarrki what do you have to say? Obj,ooni,saraki have all condemned the python dance killing

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by knowme(m): 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
Like honestly I have not read all the comments on here so I can't be very sure that no one has talked about this

for me though I do not see why they should be called terrorists, their activities can be banned but designating them with the terror label does not sleep well for me, and for Nnamdi Kanu I do not understand why someone who claims to be education cannot take a leave from what has been happening around him, Kanu ought to have tried out his popularity and desire to get out of Nigeria by going through due process, shey himself and the East want to leave Nigeria ? start a party with the IPOB tag, lets see who joins, then get people to run for elections into the federal legislative arms if he is so popular all his guys will get elected, when they get to Abuja they can start a constitutional amendment and in the process include BIAFA as one of the agendas, so there will be a provision for referendum incase a group is tired of being part of Nigeria, once that goes thru he will use the machinery of the constitution to get the referendum he so badly wants and if the majority of Igbo people want BIAFRA then am sure Nigeria will have no choice but to let Biafra be, so first he must become a politician
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Tchinaidi(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
Override what.
Madness and tribalistic bigotry has taken over sanity
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Stkilda(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
nnabyke042:
I have nothing to say,pending when kanu will come out his hiding place.

It doesn't make sense for Kanu to come out of hiding, knowing that Nigeria is a lawless place at the moment. He might be killed albeit unlawfully.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by lonecatt(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
IkpuMmiri:
Saraki Is A Comedian! grin
it is you that is the comedian here or you dont know how to read and understand.
he said the declaration did not follow due process which makes it technically null and void.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by greatseed: 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
This Sasaki will not shut up now.... If they didn't use that term terrorist for that goat called Kanu.... He will still be somewhere fooling himself with his goat head followers..... Making noise n disturbing innocent people's peace. Now he has gone into hiding, coward, he shld take a cue and learn about the end of Sadam hussein, Gaddafi, Osama n Co..... This Sasaki will soon be back in the dock.... If he doesn't keep his stinking mouth shut. If kanu wants a referendum, he should follow due process, not extorting the vulnerable and fooling the fools like himself... , pscheew
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Saraki sounded like a President, while Buhari sounds like an emotional toddlier all the time.

We must commend Saraki for this message and we must rally around IPOB and the rest of the Igbos against a President who lives and breath hatred for other bloodlines.

Those who disagree will not do so because Saraki is not saying the fact but because of their empty allegiance to a crop of entities who do not know them. They are the shame of the human genomes.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abdullahi Babangida Muhammed Tears PDP Membership Card OBJ Way / Buhari, Tinubu, Akande, Other APC Chieftains In Closed Door Meeting / Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.