Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional (46616 Views)

Open Letter To IPOB By Charles Ogbu / Most APC Governors Is Afraid Of Direct Primaries Says Sen Shehu Sani / 2019: Endorsement Of Buhari By APC Governors Is Corruption – Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by lanrecisse30(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
giftq:

Saraki is funding IPOB
false acquisitions, by the way he didn't say declaring IPOB terrorist is unconstitutional but the process is unconstitutional. Please try to assimilate what you read.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by emmy4life02(m): 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
nnabyke042:
I have nothing to say,pending when kanu will come out his hiding place.
so u can kill him abi.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
willibounce1:

Leave yoruba people alone. They are the least of your problems. Igbos are living peacefully everywhere in the SW. Nobody is killing anybody or making any trouble. Go to churches all over the SW, you see igbo and yoruba people worshipping together, yorubas , igbos, hausas and many other tribes are doing busisness peacefully in SW. No yoruba man is giving you any problem. Even in your SE, yorubas don't make any trouble with you, but instead of you to face your problems or make use of your head to avoid creating any problems at all, you create problems for yourselves and when the result comes out, you blame yorubas. Ya'll need to grow up and stop creating unnecessary enemies for the responsible igbos living peacefully outside the SE. You ipods are so full of senseless envy and hatred.
How does a seccesionist movement equates looking for trouble ?

You can marry as many wives and divorce them at will and yet see it as trouble making when one wants to secede from a country, isn't that hypocricy ?

I am from Rivers state and i totally condem the operation python dance on an unarmed secessionist group. Try to do the same, it won't make you less a human being but a human being with conscience.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Blue3k(m): 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
marv1:
Saraki wants to be relevant. When IPOB was asking for referedum where was Saraki. Useless Senate president. He should give them referedum now instead of playing politics. is he not the senate president ? Let him initiate a referendum if he is really sincere. Yeye senator deceiving himself.

Why exactly would he initiate referendum when none of the elected senators asked him to. Which SE senator brought this up on floor or expressed this sentiment. The deputy Senate President from SE hasn't brought this up. Your governors tell you they want one Nigeria. Elect people that agree with your sentiment that aren't useless cowards if they exist in the region.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Pasidon(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
PointB:

I've always maintained that Nnamdi Kanu was wrong to call Nigeria a Zoo, the proper classification is Jungle. At least a Zoo has some semblance of order. In Nigeria nothing is done orderly.

In the first place, the Military (reduced to merely doing police work) overreached their mandate by declaring IPOB a terrorist organisation. Secondly, the clueless South-East governor tried to capitalised on this by proscribing the group and announcing ban on rallies and protests, directing aggrieved citizen to channel grievances through Ohaneze. And there is the question of Ohaneze. In which way is Ohaneze more representative of Igbos than say IPOB or even MASSOB? Where do they derive their mandate from?

And as if the litany of clueless act was not enough, a police commissioner criminalizes the possession of Biafra paraphernalia.

One recurring decimal in all these is that the elites are trying to suppress freedom through exercise of power they do not possess. This is characteristic of jungle behaviour. This qualifies Nigeria as a Jungle!

For the avoidance of doubt only the Judiciary has the right to pronounce IPOB as terror organisation. Yet I doubt if the same judiciary has the power to ban protest or agitation. That's where the South East governors got it wrong.
I love this guy

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by OKorowanta: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
Override what.
Saraki is on his own, northern senator cannot agree with him.
What else did you want before it can be declared a terrorist group.
A group that is violent and has their own secret security service, has drone to monitor Nigeria security outfits.
So the army has plenty right

You just wake up dey yarn puan!
undecided
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by pasol4real(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
IkpuMmiri:
Saraki Is A Comedian! grin
N u are à What ?
Dunce i guess ?
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by nku5: 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Buhari just dey embarass himself upandan grin

Shame to bad belle people that celebrated the illegal "terrorist" tag. Be very careful of the seeds you sow ...
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Duru009(m): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
Saraki is very ambitious.....

2019 here I come !
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by willibounce1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
wizzyrich:
How does a seccesionist movement equates looking for trouble ?

You can marry as many wives and divorce them at will and yet see it as trouble making when one wants to secede from a country, isn't that hypocricy ?

I am from Rivers state and i totally condem the operation python dance on an unarmed secessionist group. Try to do the same, it won't make you less a human being but a human being with conscience.

Just read through your comment and see if you are making any sense. That is the real problem you people have. Common sense! What rubbish did you just type. You can do whatever you like without blaming the yorubas. That is what I am trying to put in your head. You need to relax and understand that message. You guys can be so phucking annoying at times. And you don't need to tell me where you are from. I did not ask you. Stop denying your tribe..you are one of the hateful ipod touts.

Before you tell me to condemn the NA, you should have condemned the criminal ipod touts while they were bragging about burning the country. You should have condemned them attacking the NA, throwing stones and bottles at them because they drove pass kanu's house. The NA carry out operations in other state and you don't hear them flogging or harassing people. If you don't make trouble and go about your business peacefully no Soldier will harass you. The idio.tic criminal ipods have been warned severally to go about the secession goals in the right way, but no, they chose to be violent, and when they are dealt with, some senseless animals come up here saying trash and blaming yorubas about the NA should be condemned.

kanu was bragging about burning the zoo and bringing buhari's head to abia state from abuja and nobody condemned him. Maybe you were blind or deaf to see all. Your eyes and ears were also not functioning to hear about the mosques that were burnt and hausas that were killed by the seneless ipod pigs.

Be the brave idio.ts that you ipods always claim to be and face your problems alone. Afonjas are cowards, they are scared to speak up. Is that not what you and your fellow daft ipod pigs think?
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by nnabyke042: 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
emmy4life02:
so u can kill him abi.
....but will he hide forever?
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by ukonu1995: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
saraki is playing the devil advocate, he just want to get sympathise with the Ibo's, but if he really love them he and that criminal he called his deputy should just do the needful,and try to incorporate referendum in the constitution cause last time I checked no word like that.
ike ekeremandu has been Senate deputy since 2007,also chairman Senate committee o. constitutional amendment, what has he achieved, another thief in the person of ihedioha, the criminal that want to be imo state governor was also deputy speaker and also chairman committee on constitutional amendment.
if this two Ibo's Bastard has done enough our Ibo's brothers will not had died for nothing, the truth be told IPOB is a terrorist group if Saraki like he should go and hang him self
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by ofwest47(m): 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
Those saying KANU is not a terrorist are the ones who had nothing to do with the sufferings caused by KANU and their sponsors in the South East I am sure KANU has gone into hiding and none of his children and wife or wives are in the country so also his sponsors are hundred or thousands of kilometres away from where killings and destruction of private and public properties are going on on daily basis, or where was Nigeria's P D P senate president and his PDP deputy when all these are happening. there is no doubt they are co sponsors
Recall during the Ojukwu led civil war which resulted in the death of millions of innocent Igbos and non Igbo indigenes, ask did Ojukwu ever loose any of his children rather after returning from exile he still had time to engage into married life and continue to enjoy himself until death do them path.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by FrankGiel: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
Kazim88:
Buhari government is just disgracing themselves...

Every step they take is a colossal failure...

Now that kanu has gone underground... how do you dialogue with the group...

How do you explain to Igbos, Nigeria and the world you did not attempt genocide

How would you handle the situation When North inevitably start to burn.

genocide? grin grin grin grin grin
na this small joke you call genocide
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Duru009(m): 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Saraki is very wise...

You might not know what he has done now until 2019 general election approaches!!
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Jesusloveyou: 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
CaringDad:

You should be in a position to know better sir.
The last time I checked,Jesus talked about division among nations ,where nation shall rise against nation,divisions among even family members,men shall be lover of their self than God.All the sign of end time.
I wouldn't know if Jesus support division or not ,but one thing I certain of,"It's a pointer ".
N:B; I'm not a born again Christian o.
I was only being corcerned with people you probably had preached to in nairaland,and they get to see ur recent comments on Ipob & Nigeria Military .
It's certainly gonna raise eyebrows.
Do u know if I'm one of those you had indirectly preached to ?? U never can tell sir.
I preach love, unity and justice, I hate sin and crime,
I love those that hate corruption, that is the main reason I like buhari, we maybe of different faith,
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by dizzyime: 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
Just reveal: See the main reason everybody have to support Biafra
IPOB has just reveal the main aim of his agitation for the actualization of Biafra which has gotten every body to a have a double mindset.

See the list below:

1. Resource Control’

The main objectives of the IPOB is a resource control policy whereby any state will manage and control
Read more http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/politics/just-reveal-see-main-reason-everybody-support-biafra-list-8-objectives-biafra-see-list/

Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by talk2percy(m): 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
When a mumu, in the person of Bubu is at the helm of affairs, this is the kind of unlawful and undemocratic actions we will be experiencing.. IPOB, A Terrorist group?? This is laughable. Someon should please buy sense and dash to this sickler.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by chinonye82: 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
PointB:

https://www.thecable.ng/ipob-ban-unconstitutional-says-saraki
Good move but, what happened to the already dead?.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
Viergeachar:

Even Tinubu your demigod has put the NASS elections behind him. angry
Go and sit down jor.
Saraki is right on this one. And yes he is qualified to be senate president. smiley

I don't blame you. Those alfas tried. At least, the Code of Conduct Tribunal, DSS, EFCC & Judiciary know that a living dog is better than a dead lion (Bible quotation). It was even a miracle that he came back. He fumbled greatly politically. We wasted our years of support & hope.

I am nurtured regimentally & will always be conscious of situations in the military.

Kanu gave his people false confidence that led to operation phyton dance 2. Naturally, why should a keke napep driver be flying the defunct Biafra Flag past The Nigerian Army security post. This is not done anywhere in the world.

You are throwing stones and empty cans at Nigerian Army armoured tank and personnel, fighting soldiers in Uniform.

During GEJ one of the COAS is from Abia State. We also have retired senior officers of the Armed Forces from the states in the East. A man that attempted to fly Biafra Flag past a NA checkpoint can as well burn Nigeria Flag at the same NA checkpoint, that is what it meant. There is no way the 'Nigerian Army Act' will not revolt. NO WAY.

The driver of the keke napep is ignorant of the implication of his action so also is those people throwing stones and cans at NA armoured tank and personnel because of false confidence given to them by Kanu.

Nigerian Army is trained to protect & defend the Nigerian Flag.
Whatever you are saying here is tureci or grumbling. It is allowed.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by GoldNiagara(m): 7:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
Blue3k:
Interesting but isn't the court supposed to judge on constitutionality? I guess the lawyers against the DHQ declaration are probably right. They need to get this approved by highcourt judge If Saraki is correct.

Saraki is just fooling himself only a court of law can nullify the declaration. Besides it is a completed act only a mandatory and perpetual injunction of a court of law can nullify the declaration.

Until a court of law declares the declaration null and void, iPod remains a terrorist group.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by basadenet: 7:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nigerian Army and the South east Governors has no right to declare any group a Terrorist Organization.That is the truth and nothing but the truth.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Blue3k(m): 7:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Saraki is just fooling himself only a court of law can nullify the declaration. Besides it is a completed act only a mandatory and perpetual injunction of a court of law can nullify the declaration.

Until a court of law declares the declaration null and void, iPod remains a terrorist group.

I agree courts need to step in. Precedent says your supposed to get approval first. The last administration did in regards to Boko Haram.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by GoldNiagara(m): 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
Blue3k:

I agree courts need to step in. Precedent says your supposed to get approval first. The last administration did in regards to Boko Haram.

The president may invoke his constitutional power to protect lives and property and validly make such declaration. Any other law will bow to the constitutional supremacy.

It is a highly contentious issue that cannot be boxed like Saraki just did.

Besides sir, this may be a locus classicus first of its kind.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Blue3k(m): 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoldNiagara:

The president may invoke his constitutional power to protect lives and property and validly make such declaration. Any other law will bow to the constitutional supremacy.

It is a highly contentious issue that cannot be boxed like Saraki just did.

Besides sir, this may be a locus classicus first of its kind.

If that was case the last administration would have bothered with court order. If they are proscoring group under terror provention act 2011 they need to follow it. Protecting lives and property just refers to protecting nation in general. That power didn't extend to declaring groups illegal hence why the act was passed 2011.

I don't buy the other argument but hey the courts will decide which one of us is correct. We know they have authority to recommend. I don't think they can do it unilaterally.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by daraghdave: 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
Saraki is a law maker, he cannot interpreted the law. SS-1 Essential Govt. Textbook ( 3 Arms of Government)
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Yinkaotunba123: 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
Saraki with his presidential ambition. OK now, let's wait and see.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by LordAdam: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2017
ukonu1995:
saraki is playing the devil advocate, he just want to get sympathise with the Ibo's, but if he really love them he and that criminal he called his deputy should just do the needful,and try to incorporate referendum in the constitution cause last time I checked no word like that.
ike ekeremandu has been Senate deputy since 2007,also chairman Senate committee o. constitutional amendment, what has he achieved, another thief in the person of ihedioha, the criminal that want to be imo state governor was also deputy speaker and also chairman committee on constitutional amendment.
if this two Ibo's Bastard has done enough our Ibo's brothers will not had died for nothing, the truth be told IPOB is a terrorist group if Saraki like he should go and hang him self

Saraki is an ardent politician.

He knows if he doesn't step up to counter the military usurping the authority of a federal high court, tomorrow he may be a victim when another government arm acts unconstitutionally.

The military declaring IPOB a terrorist organization is not illegal and unconstitutional, it sets a bad precedence. Who knows what next they'd do? Revoke the immunity of a sitting governor and arrest him. Dem say na from clap dem tk dey enter dance.

-Lord
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by GoldNiagara(m): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
Blue3k:

If that was case the last administration would have bothered with court order. If they are proscoring group under terror provention act 2011 they need to follow it. Protecting lives and property just refers to protecting nation in general. That power didn't extend to declaring groups illegal hence why the act was passed 2011.

I don't buy the other argument but hey the courts will decide which one of us is correct. We know they have authority to recommend. I don't think they can do it unilaterally.

Yeah, the court should decide.
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by kolmart: 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
Lenu senathieves?
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by franudi: 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
Binta Nyako has already said that IPOB is not an illegal organization. Is that one not enough?
Re: Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional by Charly68: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
Override what.
Saraki is on his own, northern senator cannot agree with him.
What else did you want before it can be declared a terrorist group.
A group that is violent and has their own secret security service, has drone to monitor Nigeria security outfits.
So the army has plenty right
The man is an hypocrite ..such a comment from him isn't funny at all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: 'Blood Will Flow, Nigeria May Disintegrate' / Gana: Wantor Akwaza Demands 5 Billion Compensation From FG / TikTokers, Mubarak Uniquepikin & Nazifi Muhammad In Jail For Criticizing Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.