Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,832 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

An Open Letter To Lars Lagerback - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Open Letter To Lars Lagerback (4600 Views)

Lars Lagerback Knows 80% Of World Cup Squad / New Eagle's Technical Adviser Lars Largerback To Earn Over N190m In 5months / Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Lars Lagerback by honeric01(m): 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2010
mikelagos:

Guys dont expect miracles from this guy.
The time is too short.

No one should give excuses for him, he knew the time was short before taking the job, i don't want to hear the silly "time was short" again.

Siasia did the same and most Nigerians insulted him, so if lager beer fails with the SE, no one should make excuses for him at all.
Re: An Open Letter To Lars Lagerback by ow11(m): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2010
semid4lyfe:

You guys don't get the point. . .My issue(s) with Mikel
is not just a one-off or as a result of the Chelsea vs Man-C game. . .I have always felt this way about Mikel

FACT. . .Mikel is not effective as a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER. . . He is not a GOOD MARKER, BALL WINNER, DOESN'T BREAK UP OPPOSING ATTACKS AND SHIELD THE BACK FOUR like a good DM should. . . . As an ATTACKING MIDFIELDER. . .I won't even mention his Deficiencies. . . .His only asset is his ability to hold on to the ball (which he does for too long most times when it should be released) and PASS (which he does backwards a lot). . . Essien does a better job as a DM and also as an AM. . .Mikel is simply a jack of Attacking Midfield & Defensive Midfield  and a master of none of the two positions. Prolific DM's and AM's like Gattuso, Sunday Oliseh & Zidane, Jay-Jay were/are masters of their primary positions. 

Mikel is not effective when he plays in either positions like you say but i think he would be very effective as a deep lying midfielder if we decide to adopt the Italian system of slow tempo build up play. Kind of what Andrea Pirlo does for Milan. Not quick, but can place some decent passes.

He would need to play alongside a destroyer like Kaita (Gattuso) and a good offensive midfielder (Nsofor, Ibrahim, Maduabuchi, Haruna or whoever Lagerback unearths).

I think he is useful in that sort of dull formation otherwise, he has to make way if we would play wing footie or high tempo- counter attacking footie.
Re: An Open Letter To Lars Lagerback by FBS: 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2010
ow11:

Mikel is not effective when he plays in either positions like you say but i think he would be very effective as a deep lying midfielder if we decide to adopt the Italian system of slow tempo build up play. Kind of what Andrea Pirlo does for Milan. Not quick, but can place some decent passes.

He would need to play alongside a destroyer like Kaita (Gattuso) and a good offensive midfielder (Nsofor, Ibrahim, Maduabuchi, Haruna or whoever Lagerback unearths).

I think he is useful in that sort of dull formation otherwise, he has to make way if we would play wing footie or high tempo- counter attacking footie.
Haru-who?
Re: An Open Letter To Lars Lagerback by semid4lyfe(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2010
Lol. . .FBS still hasn't forgiven Haruna for his mistake in Egypt 2009. . .I think Haruna is actually a very good player who can play effectively as a 1O. We could even play Nsofor as our creative midfielder.

@ ow11
I agree with you. . . .Mikel will only be effective in such a formation but that means a player upfront would have to be sacrificed to accomodate his inclusion.
Re: An Open Letter To Lars Lagerback by Daboncrush(m): 3:00am On Mar 04, 2010
I like the letter. Hmmm,
Re: An Open Letter To Lars Lagerback by meexteriox(m): 4:49pm On Mar 04, 2010
How i wish Lagerback could read this letter, it would do him a lot of good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INCREDIBLE: Heavily Pregnant Woman Playing Basketbal, Lead Team To Victory (phot / NFF-Aiteo Nigerian Football Awards Holds Today At 7:30pm / Best Midfielder In The Epl? Opta Stats From 2008/2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.