Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

There Is Only ONE God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is Only ONE God (3027 Views)

Begotten Son (God) Of The One God How Possible? / Jesus himself believes in One God his God / So There Is No One God Afterall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Olabenjamen22(m): 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
Empiree:
One of the evidences of their corruption I quoted earlier was just one typical example of their corrupted Torah Deut23:19-20 , and I told you there are bunch of them. If this doesn't open your eyes I don't know what will.
Deuteronomy 23:19-20 New International Version (NIV)
19 Do not charge a fellow Israelite interest, whether on money or food or anything else that may earn interest. 20 You may charge a foreigner interest, but not a fellow Israelite, so that the Lord your God may bless you in everything you put your hand to in the land you are entering to possess.
Lol any different between this statement and your quran that claim not to take the people of the book as friend?
"O YOU who have attained to faith! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for your allies: they are but allies of one another and whoever of you allies himself with them becomes, verily, one of them; behold, God does not guide people who are unjust. (Quran 5:51)"
i ask you to provide evidence that the Torah and bible is corrupt but you quote a verse that instruct them not to collect interest from there fellow Israelites, the same may your quran instruct you not to make friend with people of the book(specify the friend you can make), the same way you quran instruct you not to marry your daughter to non-Muslim but your brothers can marry s non-Muslim, but you never claim your quran is corrupt because of it.
Lol such hypocrite being. Peace

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Empiree: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Deuteronomy 23:19-20 New International Version (NIV)
19 Do not charge a fellow Israelite interest, whether on money or food or anything else that may earn interest. 20 You may charge a foreigner interest, but not a fellow Israelite, so that the Lord your God may bless you in everything you put your hand to in the land you are entering to possess.
Lol any different between this statement and your quran that claim not to take the people of the book as friend?
"O YOU who have attained to faith! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for your allies: they are but allies of one another and whoever of you allies himself with them becomes, verily, one of them; behold, God does not guide people who are unjust. (Quran 5:51)"
i ask you to provide evidence that the Torah and bible is corrupt but you quote a verse that instruct them not to collect interest from there fellow Israelites, the same may your quran instruct you not to make friend with people of the book(specify the friend you can make), the same way you quran instruct you not to marry your daughter to non-Muslim but your brothers can marry s non-Muslim, but you never claim your quran is corrupt because of it.
Lol such hypocrite being. Peace
I need not explain the verse of Quran you quoted. All I need to do is relax and watch you defend urself. If the verse is talking about what you think it is, then, many Muslims would have been in trouble for having jews and Christians friends. Myself have plenty of them. This defeats your notion. We know too well who and what the verse of Quran is talking about.

And Quran doesn't forbids Muslims men from marrying jewish or christian women. Again, you are comparing unrelated issues with each other. If I deny your son from marrying my daughter is a personal preference. But to charge "gentiles" interest on loans and living out theirs is fraud and corruption. The reason for this is bcus they see non-jews to be less than humans. And they are God's "chosen people".
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Olabenjamen22(m): 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
Empiree:
I need not explain the verse of Quran you quoted. All I need to do is relax and watch you defend urself. If the verse is talking about what you think it is, then, many Muslims would have been in trouble for having jews and Christians friends. Myself have plenty of them. This defeats your notion. We know too well who and what the verse of Quran is talking about.

And Quran doesn't forbids Muslims men from marrying jewish or christian women. Again, you are comparing unrelated issues with each other. If I deny your son from marrying my daughter is a personal preference. But to charge "gentiles" interest on loans and living out theirs is fraud and corruption. The reason for this is bcus they see non-jews to be less than humans. And they are God's "chosen people".
"many Muslims would have been in trouble for having jews and Christians friends" if Muslim did not practice it doesn't mean is not in your Quran, so stop buffering because your quran and that verse state it clear.
"And Quran doesn't forbids Muslims men from marrying jewish or christian women"
lol, did you know what i like about you people call Muslim, you like lieing with tactics.
Well for my statement i make it clear that your quran allow Muslim men to marry non Muslim women and ban your Muslim woman from marrying non-Muslim. Which is the highest form of inhuman.
"If I deny your son from marrying my daughter is a personal preference"
common stop lieing or did i need to quote your quran for you?
"And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember.}(Quran 2:221)"
"But to charge "gentiles" interest on loans and living out theirs is fraud and corruption."
lol well the "Jizya" paid by non Muslim in Islamic country is more of fraud and corruption, or if i may ask did Muslim pay Jizya?
Lol. Peace

2 Likes

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Empiree: 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

"many Muslims would have been in trouble for having jews and Christians friends" if Muslim did not practice it doesn't mean is not in your Quran, so stop buffering because your quran and that verse state it clear.
you don't get it, do you? . Islam does not forbid common friendship with non Muslims. Thats not what the verse means. The verse is talking about ALLIANCE. If you read the whole context you would have grasped the message

And Quran doesn't forbids Muslims men from marrying jewish or christian women"
lol, did you know what i like about you people call Muslim, you like lieing with tactics.
Well for my statement i make it clear that your quran allow Muslim men to marry non Muslim women and ban your Muslim woman from marrying non-Muslim. Which is the highest form of inhuman.
all you had to do was to tell us how it is "inhuman". Yes, Islam does not allow Muslim women to marry non-Muslim men for obvious reasons. This still doesn't compared to discrimination of gentiles by jews.

lol well the "Jizya" paid by non Muslim in Islamic country is more of fraud and corruption, or if i may ask did Muslim pay Jizya?
Lol. Peace
Muslims pay zakat(mandatory annual tax) too and it is mandatory tenet of Islam. Where does is it say Muslims are exempted?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Olabenjamen22(m): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
Empiree:
you don't get it, do you? . Islam does not forbid common friendship with non Muslims. Thats not what the verse means. The verse is talking about ALLIANCE. If you read the whole context you would have grasped the message

all you had to do was to tell us how it is "inhuman". Yes, Islam does not allow Muslim women to marry non-Muslim men for obvious reasons. This still doesn't compared to discrimination of gentiles by jews.

Muslims pay zakat(mandatory annual tax) too and it is mandatory tenet of Islam. Where does is it say Muslims are exempted?
LOL.
"you don't get it, do you? . Islam does not forbid common friendship with non Muslims. Thats not what the verse means. The verse is talking about ALLIANCE. If you read the whole context you would have grasped the message"
well let look at dictionary.
alliance
[uh-lahy-uhns]
"to associate or connect by some mutual relationship, as resemblance or friendship."
lol so you see yourself, even some translation of that verse call it "friend"
"all you had to do was to tell us how it is "inhuman". Yes, Islam does not allow Muslim women to marry non-Muslim men for obvious reasons. This still doesn't compared to discrimination of gentiles by jews"
Lol obvious reason which is only selfish reason.
Really? Even God himself discriminate the Jew from the gentile, and mind you no discrimination is small, discrimination is discrimination. And thank God you agree that it is inhuman, which make your quran corrupt because God almighty cannot create inhuman behaviour for the human he created.
"Muslims pay zakat(mandatory annual tax) too and it is mandatory tenet of Islam. Where does is it say Muslims are exempted"
lol zakat is like an offering that we Christian pay. So it cannot be compare to a tax enforce on non Muslim because of there religious Different. Another inhuman act of discrimination.

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Empiree: 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

LOL.
"you don't get it, do you? . Islam does not forbid common friendship with non Muslims. Thats not what the verse means. The verse is talking about ALLIANCE. If you read the whole context you would have grasped the message"
well let look at dictionary.
alliance
[uh-lahy-uhns]
"to associate or connect by some mutual relationship, as resemblance or friendship."
lol so you see yourself, even some translation of that verse call it "friend"
difficult to read you bcus u dont quote me properly. Pls try to do so next time.

Back to topic, i am telling u again that the verse is not talking about common friendship. prophet Muhammad(saw) and his companion(ra) had jew and Christian friends. Remember the prophet(saw) sent some of his companions to Ethiopia to seek refuge with their christian king. Isnt that some sort of friendship?. Bcus you are lazy or adamant or bigot is the reason you dont get it. Now read this verse.

As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: for, verily, God loves those who act equitably. ( Quran 60:8 )

These are the types of Jews and christian is talking about in the verse (5:51) you quote earier. Read this

God only forbids you to turn in friendship towards such as fight against you because of [your] faith, and drive you forth from your homelands, or aid [others] in driving you forth: and as for those [from among you] who turn towards them in friendship; it is they, they who are truly wrongdoers! (Quran 60:9)

You got it or still want to rant?

"all you had to do was to tell us how it is "inhuman". Yes, Islam does not allow Muslim women to marry non-Muslim men for obvious reasons. This still doesn't compared to discrimination of gentiles by jews"
Lol obvious reason which is only selfish reason.
Really? Even God himself discriminate the Jew from the gentile, and mind you no discrimination is small, discrimination is discrimination. And thank God you agree that it is inhuman, which make your quran corrupt because God almighty cannot create inhuman behaviour for the human he created.
i have no idea with this ur jargons. Looks like u got it mixed up undecided

"Muslims pay zakat(mandatory annual tax) too and it is mandatory tenet of Islam. Where does is it say Muslims are exempted"
lol zakat is like an offering that we Christian pay. So it cannot be compared to a tax enforce on non Muslim because of their religious Different. Another inhuman act of discrimination.
your opinion. Our zakat is enforced on every qualified muslim. Jizya is not binding on weak non-muslims Which bible verse instructs christians to pay offering or tithe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Mujtahida: 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Confused people

The lies begin in the classrooms - Oluwa is the Yoruba name for God, Chineke is the Igbo name for God, all tribes have their own names for God.

Growing up south, you are exposed to a Jewish version of God - all Gods are the same but the one that died for you is special. And yeah, he died in Israel thinking about poor you in Africa. Your ancestors - those who knew God but not as Yahweh - were foolish, demonic and evil. You, yes poor child, you have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus.

Drum this enough into his ears, surround him with enough Churches, pollute the media with Apostles, Prophets, and General Overseers. Let that be his reality. And soon that he will be all he knows.

Train up a child in the way he should go, and he would not depart from it. ah, he's grown now and still parrots the nonsense he was conditioned to do while little. He knows of Jericho, Jerusalem and other strange places he may never see. Owerri, Ogbomoso, Quagadugou have no place in his heart. He waits, and prays daily for a new Jerusalem. What miraculous stupidity.

Up north, it's a different story. or so we are told. Those people don't believe in God like we do. They worship the god of Ishmael, we worship the God of Isaac. They are mistaken. They must be mistaken. Only Jesus can save them.

We are told to trust our parents, to never question their wisdom. They say what the young can't see standing up, the old see sitting down. I ask, what if the old is looking at my arse? Staring at shit and talking shit their parents told them. Legacies centuries old, when colonization invaded our continent and made it desolate? Took our brothers away and made them slaves?

Is the African identity merely a genetic one? If God is one, why are his books in foreign languages?
What you just wrote is how religious indoctrination takes hold of people's mind and becomes their reality. The gods of religion are fictions including the christian and the Muslim gods. Anyone who can write can create them gods.
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Peacefullove: 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

lol but you neglect the statement the word was GOD right,

I didn't , same way I didn't neglect the statement that humans are Gods in the same Bible .

So the question remains: In what sense is the Word addressed as " GOD" ? Also in what sense are others also addressed as God ?

Supreme being ?

so if i said my soul is with me, mean i separate my body from why soul?

Wrong , "With " is used to join two different things together .

so in that context, the Word was with someone NOT himself .

The same way your word cannot be separated from you.
because the word is part of GOD, not an entity on his own before he separated(verse) which bring about is transformation to flesh.

Baseless assertion sir.

So when Jesus died and come to earth , God couldn't speak a word ?
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
Islam is obsessed with destruction. For example, Muslim forces lead by Ahmed Gragn tried to erase the great Christian civilization of Ethiopia in the 16th century AD.

They should either be Atheismized or Christianized.
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Empiree: 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hati13:
Islam is obsessed with destruction.

and then you said this v V v v Vv

They should either be Atheismized or Christianized.

are u any different now?
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
Empiree:

and then you said this v V v v Vv

are u any different now?
lol
Re: There Is Only ONE God by sonofluc1fer: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

What you just wrote is how religious indoctrination takes hold of people's mind and becomes their reality. The gods of religion are fictions including the christian and the Muslim gods. Anyone who can write can create them gods.
It's sad. Grown ass men quoting copiously from books that have nothing to do with them.
Re: There Is Only ONE God by MuttleyLaff: 8:35am On Sep 23, 2017
frosbel2:
You are quoting from a book which was handed down to you by the WHITE MAN
A true racist speaks

Yeah I know, it is the same book handed down by the WHITE MAN, you earlier quoted from
besides, its just like history proves that the white man is a devil.

If Pharaoh was used to hide the Israelites until they became a nation to posseess Canaan
If the devil is used to bring out the worst of sin
then what's the fuss about a book which was handed down by the WHITE MAN

I dont care whether the book was handed down by a white man
I dont care whether the book was handed down by a black man

All I care is, it's a book authored by God
and dont care whichever ghostwriter, God used to hand down the book by
Re: There Is Only ONE God by MuttleyLaff: 8:35am On Sep 23, 2017
Peacefullove:
and here they arrive, I don't blame you.
I blame those translating ur bible with biased mind.
Since worship makes a person God
Blame yourself, for not recognising, that worshipping an ordinary man or human being, as a god or God, is an aberrant behaviour

Peacefullove:
do you accept Daniel is God since Babylonian King worshipped him according to ur bible?
46Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel,
and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.
47The king answered unto Daniel, and said,
Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods,
and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets,
seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.

- Daniel 2:46-47

King Nebuchadnezzar worshipped Daniel as a god
and didnt, like you've intrepreted, worshipped Daniel, as God

Now, if you believed and accepted that Daniel is God, because King Nebuchadnezzar worshipped him
then you've basically demonstrated a lazy understanding of what transpired in Daniel 2:46-47

Re-read Daniel 2:46-47 again, and you'll find out that the Daniel 2:46b part wasnt even carried out.
Why? How?
How do we know Daniel 2:46b was not carried out?

25When Peter entered, Cornelius met him, fell at his feet, and worshiped him.
26But Peter helped him up and said, "Stand up! I myself am also a man."

- Acts 10:25-26

Daniel is always behaving in the same way
Always put God first, and never himself first
and would never allow himself to be worshipped as a god or God

Well, between Daniel 2:46 and Daniel 2:47, just like Peter in Acts 10:26 did to Cornelius,
Daniel, helped the King up, deflected himself from being worshipped as a god or God
and said other things not recorded, to the king,
all which the king agreed with, this judging by the king's response, recorded in Daniel 2:47

King Nebuchadnezzar before getting back his senses, was a pathological worshipper of idols
and suffered from a short memory span because soon after,
he is, in Daniel 3:4-5, decreeing that all should worship as God, a golden image he set up
Re: There Is Only ONE God by udatso: 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2017
Empiree:
Wikipedia you quoted refutes you cheesy grin
I wonder if he read iWhat he was posting at all before he did

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by udatso: 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
Empiree:
Believing in prophet muhammad (p) is believing ALL prophets and messengers of God. Rejecting prophet Muhammad(p) is rejecting ALL prophets of God.

I still don't get why you are getting clear text you quoted wrong
Perhaps Holy Spirit is involved

2 Likes

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
A true racist speaks

Yeah I know, it is the same book handed down by the WHITE MAN, you earlier quoted from
besides, its just like history proves that the white man is a devil.

If Pharaoh was used to hide the Israelites until they became a nation to posseess Canaan
If the devil is used to bring out the worst of sin
then what's the fuss about a book which was handed down by the WHITE MAN

I dont care whether the book was handed down by a white man
I dont care whether the book was handed down by a black man

All I care is, it's a book authored by God
and dont care whichever ghostwriter, God used to hand down the book by

Racist ?

A book was given to you and you just accepted it without question ? That's what I call deluded.

In essence you are saying our forefathers for thousands and thousands of years did not know the one and true God till the white man came ? No wonder Nigeria and the rest of Africa is under their feet.
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Peacefullove: 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
You just confirmed you people are extremely confused hypocritical beings .

MuttleyLaff:
Blame yourself, for not recognising, that worshipping an ordinary man or human being, as a god or God, is an aberrant behaviour

Those who worshipped the human Jesus according to you have committed d aberrant Behaviour right ?

46Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel,
and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.
47The king answered unto Daniel, and said,
seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.

- Daniel 2:46-47

King Nebuchadnezzar worshipped Daniel as a god

and didnt, like you've intrepreted, worshipped Daniel, as God

Now, if you believed and accepted that Daniel is God, because King Nebuchadnezzar worshipped him
then you've basically demonstrated a lazy understanding of what transpired in Daniel 2:46-47

Now u are getting the point.

Apply the bolded to Jesus too, was worshipped as a god NOT God as you interpreted in your first post .

grin grin

Re-read Daniel 2:46-47 again, and you'll find out that the Daniel 2:46b part wasnt even carried out.
Why? How?
How do we know Daniel 2:46b was not carried out?

25When Peter entered, Cornelius met him, fell at his feet, and worshiped him.
26But Peter helped him up and said, "Stand up! I myself am also a man."

- Acts 10:25-26

Daniel is always behaving in the same way
Always put God first, and never himself first
and would never allow himself to be worshipped as a god or God

Well, between Daniel 2:46 and Daniel 2:47, just like Peter in Acts 10:26 did to Cornelius,

Daniel, helped the King up, deflected himself from being worshipped as a god or God

and said other things not recorded ,
to the king,
all which the king agreed with, this judging by the king's response, recorded in Daniel 2:47

King Nebuchadnezzar before getting back his senses, was a pathological worshipper of idols
and suffered from a short memory span because soon after,
he is, in Daniel 3:4-5, decreeing that all should worship as God, a golden image he set up

Your Accumulated lies were not recorded Bro.

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by MuttleyLaff: 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
Peacefullove:
You just confirmed you people are extremely confused hypocritical beings
This your last post has just confirmed to me that, you're more confused than a chameleon in a bag of skittles

Peacefullove:
Those who worshipped the human Jesus according to you have committed d aberrant Behaviour right?
No, you are wrong
as there isnt anything abberant in worshipping God that Jesus is

Notice, I wrote, worship an ordinary human being
Is Jesus an ordinary human?

Peacefullove:
Now u are getting the point.

Apply the bolded to Jesus too, was worshipped as a god NOT God as you interpreted in your first post
27Then Jesus said to Thomas,
“Put your finger here and look at My hands.
Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”

- John 20:27-28

frosbel, the OP posted:
Christians might be committing idolatry by worshipping the same Jesus WHO said;
and used Luke 4:8 below as a reference verse:
"It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only"
- Luke 4:8

Sorry I cant say same to you that you're getting the point
but only can manage to say, shame on frosbel, the OP, and you, for staying ignorantly the same

King Nebuchadnezzar tried worshipping Daniel as a god (i.e. a deity)
but Jesus is worshipped as God (i.e. the Deity)
Stop doubting. Change, to believe, Jesus is God

Peacefullove:
Your Accumulated lies were not recorded Bro
The king answered unto Daniel, and said,
seeing thou couldest reveal this secret

- Daniel 2:47

It's a matter of, connect the dots and see the detail

Now answer this.
You agree and accept that Daniel must have done or said something for the king to have answered back in Daniel 2:47?
So what happened and/or what kind of conversation took place, prior to Daniel 2:47,
that made King Nebuchadnezzar, at Daniel 2:47, answer Daniel back, and answered him back particularly, in the manner of Daniel 2:47?
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Peacefullove: 9:53am On Sep 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
This your last post has just confirmed to me that, you're more confused than a chameleon in a bag of skittles

No, you are wrong
as there isnt anything abberant in worshipping God that Jesus is

Notice, I wrote, worship an ordinary human being
Is Jesus an ordinary human?

27Then Jesus said to Thomas,
“Put your finger here and look at My hands.
Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”

- John 20:27-28

frosbel, the OP posted:
Christians might be committing idolatry by worshipping the same Jesus WHO said;
and used Luke 4:8 below as a reference verse:
"It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only"
- Luke 4:8

don't you see it is written ?

Luke 4:8 is a reference to Yahweh, the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob and GOD of Jesus . NOT Jesus MR

grin grin

Sorry I cant say same to you that you're getting the point
but only can manage to say, shame on frosbel, the OP, and you, for staying ignorantly the same

King Nebuchadnezzar [b] tried worshipping
/b] Daniel as a god (i.e. a deity)
but Jesus is worshipped as God (i.e. the Deity)
Stop doubting. Change, to believe, Jesus is God

The king answered unto Daniel, and said,
seeing thou couldest reveal this secret

- Daniel 2:47

It's a matter of, connect the dots and see the detail

Now answer this.
You agree and accept that Daniel must have done or said something for the king to have answered back in Daniel 2:47?
So what happened and/or what kind of conversation took place, prior to Daniel 2:47,
that made King Nebuchadnezzar, at Daniel 2:47, answer Daniel back, and answered him back particularly, in the manner of Daniel 2:47?

You are worst than many I know, TRIED worshipping indeed . Your bible said he WORSHIPPED Daniel . Lying Muttelaff grin grin

Jesus is a deity NOT the deity too .

How can the Deity have a A God ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet D. A. Samuel Of Christ Worshippers Church, Warri Dead / How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) / If Jesus Is Alive Today, He Will Be A Palestinian Arab Christian (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.