Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

There Is Only ONE God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is Only ONE God (2963 Views)

Begotten Son (God) Of The One God How Possible? / Jesus himself believes in One God his God / So There Is No One God Afterall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
There is only ONE GOD who ALONE deserves worship, any other worship is IDOLATRY.

Only the creator of heaven and earth deserves Man's dedicated, undiluted and complete worship.

All other gods are FAKE.

Church members who keep singing praises to Jesus instead of God are committing an abomination because Jesus said that ONLY God deserves worship. We have replaced the one and true God with Jesus and Mohammed, no wonder there is so much confusion all over the place.

3 Likes

Re: There Is Only ONE God by ichuka(m): 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
frosbel2:
There is only ONE GOD who ALONE deserves worship, any other worship is IDOLATRY.

Only the creator of heaven and earth deserves Man's dedicated, undiluted and complete worship.

All other gods are FAKE.

Church members who keep singing praises to Jesus instead of God are committing an abomination because Jesus said that ONLY God deserves worship. We have replaced the one and true God with Jesus and Mohammed, no wonder there is so much confusion all over the place.
Funny but the same Jesus Christ created the heaven and the earth.
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
ichuka:

Funny but the same Jesus Christ created the heaven and the earth.

Nope.

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by ichuka(m): 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
frosbel2:

Nope.

So who created the heaven and earth?

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
ichuka:

So who created the heaven and earth?

Isaiah 45:18
For the LORD is God, and he created the heavens and earth and put everything in place. He made the world to be lived in, not to be a place of empty chaos. "I am the LORD," he says, "and there is no other.

Note the bolded ( ONE Person not TWO )

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by sonofluc1fer: 11:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
Confused people

The lies begin in the classrooms - Oluwa is the Yoruba name for God, Chineke is the Igbo name for God, all tribes have their own names for God.

Growing up south, you are exposed to a Jewish version of God - all Gods are the same but the one that died for you is special. And yeah, he died in Israel thinking about poor you in Africa. Your ancestors - those who knew God but not as Yahweh - were foolish, demonic and evil. You, yes poor child, you have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus.

Drum this enough into his ears, surround him with enough Churches, pollute the media with Apostles, Prophets, and General Overseers. Let that be his reality. And soon that he will be all he knows.

Train up a child in the way he should go, and he would not depart from it. ah, he's grown now and still parrots the nonsense he was conditioned to do while little. He knows of Jericho, Jerusalem and other strange places he may never see. Owerri, Ogbomoso, Quagadugou have no place in his heart. He waits, and prays daily for a new Jerusalem. What miraculous stupidity.

Up north, it's a different story. or so we are told. Those people don't believe in God like we do. They worship the god of Ishmael, we worship the God of Isaac. They are mistaken. They must be mistaken. Only Jesus can save them.

We are told to trust our parents, to never question their wisdom. They say what the young can't see standing up, the old see sitting down. I ask, what if the old is looking at my arse? Staring at shit and talking shit their parents told them. Legacies centuries old, when colonization invaded our continent and made it desolate? Took our brothers away and made them slaves?

Is the African identity merely a genetic one? If God is one, why are his books in foreign languages?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Is Only ONE God by ichuka(m): 12:02am On Sep 19, 2017
frosbel2:

Isaiah 45:18
For the LORD is God, and he created the heavens and earth and put everything in place. He made the world to be lived in, not to be a place of empty chaos. "I am the LORD," he says, "and there is no other.

Note the bolded ( ONE Person not TWO )
Hmmm
Ofcourse God is one.
As stated also in 1Timoty3:16.."And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was MANIFEST in the FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
Do you concur with this verse?

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 19, 2017
It appears frosbel is only one step away from becoming a muslim.

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Empiree: 4:52am On Sep 19, 2017
careytommy7:
And he will eventually cheesy
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Empiree: 5:08am On Sep 19, 2017
frosbel2:

All other gods are FAKE.

As the man rightly said up there, may Allah open your chest to islam. Ameena. However, may i correct you @bold, only christians got it confused. Ask any muslim who nabi Muhammad(SAW) is, he will tell you he is a prophet and messenger not God or son of God. But ask christian who nabi Isa(Jesus -P) is, he/she will tell you confused story that he is God, he is son of God, he is God and man a the same time. Thats messed up. You can see that up there.

But praising them within their limits is allowed. Quran specifically orders muslims to praise and send blessings on nabi Muhammad(p). Allah ta’ala describes this bounty that He gave to the Prophet Muhammad sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam in the Qur’an,

وَرَفَعْنَا لَكَ ذِكْرَكَ translated and We have raised for you your mention. (94:4)

Also, Allah azza wa jal says,

إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا

Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O you that believe! Send your blessings on him, and salute him with all respect. (33:56)

Also, the prophet Muhammad(SAW) said in famous ahadith that "The angel Gabriel (Jibril), peace be upon him, said to me, "There is a curse of Allah upon the one who hears your name and does not say, "Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam " (Peace and blessings be upon him), and I said, 'Ameen'..."

Sending blessings on prophet muhammad one time attracts times 10 rewards. Prophet muhammad was reported to have said “Whoever supplicates Allah to exalt for me, Allah would exalt him ten times.” [Muslim]

One of the names of prophet MUhammad is Ahmad which translates (the one praised exceedingly) See attachment.

But a muslim would never say Muhammad is God or son of God. See the difference?

3 Likes

Re: There Is Only ONE God by An2elect2(f): 5:55am On Sep 19, 2017
Lol obviously you are not a Christian, never been if you can deny the deity of Christ. I remember questioning your Christianity one time and you took offense. People don't just get born again and die again, God cannot fall His own hands. God secures our salvation and leads us into all truth for His glory. He can't fail in this.

The scripture agree that Jesus is God in bodily form. Just too many. And if you can't submit to its authority, then you have a very big problem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Only ONE God by MuttleyLaff: 6:56am On Sep 19, 2017
frosbel2:
All other gods are FAKE.
Church members who keep singing praises to Jesus instead of God are committing an abomination
because Jesus said that ONLY God deserves worship.
We have replaced the one and true God with Jesus and Mohammed,
no wonder there is so much confusion all over the place.

frosbel2:
"You must not have any other god but me"
- Exodus 20:3

Christians might be committing idolatry by worshipping the same Jesus WHO said;
"It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only"
Luke 4:8

It is scary, but Christians could actually be displeasing God by their worship of a MAN,
which may be why churches are full of madness and confusion.
1After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea,
during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem,
2asking, “Where is the One who has been born King of the Jews?
We saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”

- Matthew 2:1-2

8So they hurried away from the tomb in fear and great joy, and ran to tell His disciples.
9Suddenly Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!”
They came to Him, grasped His feet, and worshiped Him.
10“Do not be afraid,” said Jesus.
“Go, tell My brothers to go to Galilee. There they will see Me.”…

- Matthew 28:8-10

The man saw Jesus at a distance.
So he ran [to Jesus], bowed down in front of Him, (i.e. worshipped Him)

- Mark 5:6

When you're idle in Jesus Christ's work, you sooner or later become active in the devil's work

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Wilgrea7(m): 7:11am On Sep 19, 2017
careytommy7:

i highly doubt it.. he is no closer to becoming a muslim than a jew is closer to becoming a muslim.. he seems to have embraced some sort of Judaism

5 Likes

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Humanistme: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2017
Empiree:
Muslims are not the only ones who believe God is one.

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

8So they hurried away from the tomb in fear and great joy, and ran to tell His disciples.

When you're idle in Jesus Christ's work, you sooner or later become active in the devil's work

You are quoting from a book which was handed down to you by the WHITE MAN grin

3 Likes

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Humanistme: 9:44am On Sep 19, 2017
frosbel2:

You are quoting from a book which was handed down to you by the WHITE MAN grin
you quoted the same book.
are you still a Christian?

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 19, 2017
Empiree:

Will do what ? Join Islam ? Looooooooooooooool cheesy
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 19, 2017
Humanistme:

you quoted the same book.

are you still a Christian?

Yes I did
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 19, 2017
Can someone tell me why God abandoned Black Africa in superstition and darkness for thousands of years and then sent the white man to give us a book and submit to his version of religion ? This book totally destroyed all our own concept of God and we abandoned our culture to follow western civilization which has Pagan Romanism as its foundation block.

Mind you I have nothing wrong with the scriptures , but I have a big problem with the way the bible was packaged , many books were left out and even the ones that remain contain a lot of contradictions, myths and in some cases outright fraudulent interpolations.

Generally it is a good guide into morality and contains an overall knowledge of God and his will.

God is ONE I like

Trinity and the God man is a MYTH.

1 Like

Re: There Is Only ONE God by twosquare(m): 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
frosbel2:

All other gods are FAKE.

Hebrews 1:1-8.
Re: There Is Only ONE God by ifenes(m): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
There only one God( yourself) worthy of appreciation. Technically we are all different versions of God experiencing itself. The Prime Radiant.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Empiree: 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
frosbel2:

Will do what ? Join Islam ? Looooooooooooooool cheesy
Eventually. You are just one step away to proclaiming shahada. But you are in the vicinity of monotheism already.
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Peacefullove: 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
ichuka:

Hmmm
Ofcourse God is one.

One in the true sense of the word " One " ?

As stated also in 1Timoty3:16.."And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was MANIFEST in the FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
Do you concur with this verse?

If God was manifest in FLESH , note that word " Flesh " , does that not make Mary who gave birth to that Flesh ( which is God) the mother of God ?
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Peacefullove: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

and here they arrive, I don't blame you. I blame those translating ur bible with biased mind . Since worship makes a person God

do you accept Daniel is God since Babylonian King worshipped him according to ur bible ?
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Humanistme: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
Peacefullove:

If God was manifest in FLESH , note that word " Flesh " , does that not make Mary who gave birth to that Flesh ( which is God) the mother of God ?

is anyone disputing this fact?
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Peacefullove: 4:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
An2elect2:
Lol obviously you are not a Christian, never been if you can deny the deity of Christ. I remember questioning your Christianity one time and you took offense. People don't just get born again and die again, God cannot fall His own hands. God secures our salvation and leads us into all truth for His glory. He can't fail in this.

The scripture agree that Jesus is God in bodily form. Just too many. And if you can't submit to its authority, then you have a very big problem.

God in what sense ? the same bible said Moses is God, Human beings are God , Satan is God .

The op is not just talking about anyone been called God. he meant who is God in truest sense of the word " Supreme Being " .

IS Jesus the supreme being ?
Re: There Is Only ONE God by ichuka(m): 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Peacefullove:

Nope!!
The Word which is God became Flesh in her
...John1:14.
Mary was a vessel/an incubator through which Christ came.there was no mixture between both.
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Olabenjamen22(m): 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Op, are you really a Christian because you sound more like unbelievers.
1. You said Christian are praising Jesus instead of God. Lol
well let look at his scripture.
John 5:22 cev,
The Father doesn’t judge anyone, but he has made his Son the judge of everyone.
23 The Father wants all people to honor the Son "as much as" they honor him. When anyone refuses to honor the Son, that is the same as refusing to honor the Father who sent him.
I guess your sure those word that i quote, it say as much as you honor the father. Which is the principles of Christianity
2. From the verse you quote
Luke 4:8 ►
Verse(Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"
the question here is who is GOD? I hope you don't forget the concept of trinity, and don't forget Jesus Christ never use the word GOD for his father unless he want to talk about the oneness of the concept of trinity(father son and holyspirt).
Peace
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Olabenjamen22(m): 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
Peacefullove:

God in what sense ? the same bible said Moses is God, Human beings are God , Satan is God .

The op is not just talking about anyone been called God. he meant who is God in truest sense of the word " Supreme Being " .

IS Jesus the supreme being ?

1 John 1:1-2:2 New International Version (NIV)
The Incarnation of the Word of Life
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched —this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.
John 1:1-2 New International Version (NIV)
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
So if i may ask, is the word not supreme being?
Re: There Is Only ONE God by Olabenjamen22(m): 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
Empiree:
Eventually. You are just one step away to proclaiming shahada. But you are in the vicinity of monotheism already.
"Shahada - Wikipedia
TheShahada is an Islamic creed declaring belief in the oneness of God (tawhid) and the acceptance of Muhammad as a prophet of Allah"
it now show that your religion principle doesn't base on oneness of Allah as you people claim but only base on accepting Muhammad as a prophet of Allah.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Only ONE God by Empiree: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

"Shahada - Wikipedia
TheShahada is an Islamic creed declaring belief in the oneness of God (tawhid) and the acceptance of Muhammad as a prophet of Allah"

it now show that your religion principle doesn't base on oneness of Allah as you people claim but only base on accepting Muhammad as a prophet of Allah.
Wikipedia you quoted refutes you cheesy grin
Re: There Is Only ONE God by hopefulLandlord: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
why are Muslims seemingly rejoicing over this thread?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How GOD Will Handle The Two Homosexuals / Share Ur Dreams 4 Interpretations / Mohammed: The ONLY Prophet ever Accused Of STEALING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.