Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? (2808 Views)

What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? / Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle Against Parents / Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by gombos: 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2010
hey Ladies and Gents,What's ur take on Abortion?.Are u for it or against it?.And i will launch the first salvo by decrying and opposing it,except for a rape victim who gets impregnated in the process.put across ur opinion on the subject.Thank u all.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by googles: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2010
[size=13pt]indifferent [/size]
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by smooooooth: 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2010
abortion is murder, simple. it shld not be encouraged, not even for a despoil victim
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by MissyB1(m): 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2010
Indifferent!!!

People have different reasons for doing certain things and sometimes,
One can't help but see reasons with the Culprit.
Abortion is not Right, so is Fornication, Stealing, Fraud and
some other deeds we see as Fun.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by sistajay(f): 1:49pm On Mar 02, 2010
Abortion should not be used as a method of birth control. A ra pe victim or a pregnant woman whose life is at risk due to her pregnancy are exceptional cases that remains debatable. SMART GURLS SHOULD ALWAYS CARRY A CONDOM.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by smooooooth: 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2010
i still maintain that abortion shld be aborted!
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Freiburger(m): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2010
It will always be a controversial topic, coz the inocent kids s lives should not be taken. but what about if a girs is deployed ? what does she tells the kid ?
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by tushbobo(m): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2010
If u where aborted will u be alive?
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by hbabe(f): 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2010
Very sensitive issue! I am against abortion except it is absolutely necessary like carry a malformed foetus or one with defects and maybe girls who were raped. undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Busybody2(f): 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2010
People hide behind the claim that it is a foetus which can't leave on its own so is not a living being yet, yet it can perform all of life's 6 processes, and not everyone is born with all their organs intact yet still manage to live till old age cry

Examining two pregnant women in a Hospital, one would be in one room having a threatened miscarriage pleading with the Doctors to save the life of her unborn baby, with the Doctors doing all they can to stop the womb from rupturing and prevent the foetus from coming out, and if successful, baby is either prevented from being born, or delivered prematuredly and placed in a special intensive unit to nurture it until it can be able to survive on its own.

Whilst the other lady would be in the room next door with her legs spread wide apart, whilst the Doctor uses some suction material connected to a powerful vacuum machine to tear the foetus and placenta into shreds and then suck it out, or [/b]injects her foetus with saline poison to kill it and burn its skin and the foetus takes an hour to die, then mum has to push dead foetus out - many foetuses survive and are either left to die or adopted [b]or proceed to use forceps to snap the spine and crush its skull, yank away the baby's head away from the body or subjected to chemical abortion which violently forces the baby out of the womb, decapitating it in the process, yet again, some foetuses still survive or the foetus's umbilical cord is cut to starve the baby of oxygen or partial birth abortion from 30 weeks (rampant in US) where foetuses legs are grabbed with forceps with the entire body along the birth canal, a scissors is jammed into the baby's skull, and a suction cathether is inserted to suck the foetus's brain out . . . cry

Culled from this website: http://www.lifesitenews.com/abortiontypes/
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by bluespice(f): 3:37pm On Mar 02, 2010
I am pro choice until the first month or however long it takes for the organs to develop.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Ben13: 3:45pm On Mar 02, 2010
lol read the post above you
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by bluespice(f): 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2010
Her post is an exaggerated method at creating fear rather than tackling the issue at hand, a method favoured by pro-life advocates and anti-health care reform champions. Makes no difference to my post.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Busybody2(f): 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2010
[b]
bluespice:

Her post is an exaggerated method at creating fear rather than tackling the issue at hand, a method favoured by pro-life advocates and anti-health care reform champions. Makes no difference to my post.

It is not an exaggeration, and I ain't being a sensasionalist, FACT - those methods listed above are the process involved in aborting a foetus or whatever people like to justify calling them.

UK - the poor man of Europe -  one of the country with the highest rate of abortion despite all the millions of pounds spent on intimacy education is contemplating on introducing this method whereby the lady would be given a tablet to bring on an induced contraction, go home, then come back the next day to push out the dead baby - all done with just a Nurse in attendance because Doctors have been complaining that they did not go to medical schools for years/their job and passion is to save lives, not terminate it. And of course the Nurses are not happy too, but something's got to give. Abortion here is free on the NHS and it is uncommon to hear people saying they have had 5 or more before they are 20 years old. Even the 12 years old are at it undecided

The logic behind this is that, once women are induced into going into labour to push out the baby they voluntarily surrendered to "kill" and have to be awake the whole process, and sometimes deliver a baby which is still alive but grasping for breath and struggling to survive, instead of the usual method where they are knocked out under anaesthetics and oblivious to the whole gory detail, it would stir their conscience, and they would keep their legs closed next time, instead of using abortion as a contraceptive.  [/b]
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Busybody2(f): 4:07pm On Mar 02, 2010
This is it here again in toto

At Eight Weeks
At eight to nine weeks the eyelids have begun forming and hair appears. By the ninth and tenth weeks the preborn child sucks her thumb, turns somersaults, jumps, can squint to close out light, frown, swallow, and move her tongue.

At this early stage of development, suction abortions are performed using a smaller tube, requiring little dilation of the cervix. This is called "menstrual extraction." However, if all the fetal remains are not removed, infection results, requiring full dilation of the cervix and a scraping out of the womb.

Suction Aspiration
This is the most common method of abortion during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. General or local anaesthesia is given to the mother and her cervix is quickly dilated. A suction curette (hollow tube with a knife-edged tip) is inserted into the womb. This instrument is then connected to a vacuum machine by a transparent tube. The vacuum suction, 29 times more powerful than a household vacuum cleaner, tears the fetus and placenta into small pieces which are sucked through the tube into a bottle and discarded.

Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
This method is similar to the suction method with the added insertion of a hook shaped knife (curette) which cuts the baby into pieces. The pieces are scraped out through the cervix and discarded [Note: This abortion method should not be confused with a therapeutic D&C done for reasons other than pregancy.]
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Busybody2(f): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2010
At Twelve Weeks
By the end of the third month all arteries are present, including the coronary vessels of the heart. Blood is circulating through these vessels to all body parts.

The heart beat ranges during this fetal period from 110 to 160 beats per minute. All blood cells are produced by the liver and spleen, a job soon taken over by the bone marrow. White blood cells, important for immunity, are formed in the lymph nodes and thymus.

Vocal chords are complete, and the child can and does sometimes cry (silently). The brain is fully formed, and the child can feel pain. The fetus may even suck his thumb. The eyelids now cover the eyes, and will remain shut until the seventh month to protect the delicate optical nerve fibers.
14 weeks: Muscles lenghten and become organized. The mother will soon start feeling the first flutters of the baby kicking and moving inside.

15 weeks: The fetus has an adult's taste buds and may be able to savor the mother's meals.

16 weeks: Five and a half inches tall and only six ounces in weight, eyebrows, eyelashes and fine hair appear. The child can grasp with his hands, kick, or even somersault.

At Eighteen Weeks
The fetus is now about 5 inches long. The child blinks, grasps, and moves her mouth. Hair grows on the head and body.

20 weeks: The child can hear and recognize mother's voice. Though still small and fragile, the baby is growing rapidly and could possibly survive if born at this stage. Fingernails and fingerprints appear. Sex organs are visible. Using an ultrasound device, the doctor can tell if the child is a girl or a boy. The one on the left is a baby girl.

Dilation and Evacuation (D&E)
This method is used up to 18 weeks' gestation. Instead of the loop-shaped knife used in D&C abortions, a pair of forceps is inserted into the womb to grasp part of the fetus. The teeth of the forceps twist and tear the bones of the unborn child. This process is repeated until the fetus is totally dismembered and removed. Usually the spine must be snapped and the skull crushed in order to remove them.

Salt Poisoning (Saline Injection):
Used after 16 weeks (four months) when enough fluid has accumulated. A long needle injects a strong salt solution through the mother's abdomen into the baby's sac. The baby swallows this fluid and is poisoned by it. It also acts as a corrosive, burning off the outer layer of skin. It normally takes somewhat over an hour for the baby to die from this. Within 24 hours, labor will usually set in and the mother will give birth to a dead or dying baby. (There have been many cases of these babies being born alive. They are usually left unattended to die. However, a few have survived and later been adopted.)
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Busybody2(f): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2010
At Six Months
Seen here at six months, the unborn child is covered with a fine, downy hair called lanugo. Its tender skin is protected by a waxy substance called vernix. Some of this substance may still be on the child's skin at birth at which time it will be quickly absorbed. The child practices breathing by inhaling amnionic fluid into developing lungs.

Prostaglandin Chemical Abortion
[/b]This form of abortion uses chemicals developed by the Upjohn Pharmaceutical Co. which cause the uterus to contract intensely, pushing out the developing baby. The contractions are more violent than normal, natural contractions, so the unborn baby is frequently killed by them -- some have even been decapitated. Many, however, have also been born alive.

[b]Hysterotomy or Caesarean Section

Used mainly in the last three months of pregnancy, the womb is entered by surgery through the wall of the abdomen. The technique is similar to a Caesarean delivery, except that the umbilical cord is usually cut while the baby is still in the womb, thus cutting off his oxygen supply and causing him to suffocate. Sometimes the baby is removed alive and simply left in a corner to die of neglect or exposure.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Busybody2(f): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2010
At 30 Weeks
For several months, the umbilical cord has been the baby's lifeline to the mother. Nourishment is transferred from the mother's blood, through the placenta, and into the umbilical cord to the fetus. If the mother ingests any toxic substances, such as drugs or alcohol, the baby receives these as well.

32 weeks: The fetus sleeps 90-95% of the day, and sometimes experiences REM sleep, an indication of dreaming.

Partial-Birth Abortion
Five steps to a partial birth abortion:

Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby's legs with forceps.

The baby's leg is pulled out into the birth canal.

The abortionist delivers the baby's entire body, except for the head.

The abortionist jams scissors into the baby's skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the skull.

The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child's brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Freiburger(m): 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2010
Whether 4wks or 24wks abortion without a concret reason is murder.Some girls do abort just b-cos they are not seeing a future btw then and the child's father.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Busybody2(f): 4:16pm On Mar 02, 2010
I have never really paid attention to how the abortion process is carried out before but just stumbled across that website today, and if anyone is still in doubt, all you have to do is just google other websites for definition of these with pictures and videos showing the procedures, warning not for the faint-hearted or for those who have just had lunch though cry

* Suction Aspiration

* Dilation and Curettage (D&C)

* Dilation and Evacuation (D&E)

* Salt Poisoning (Saline Injection)

* Prostaglandin Chemical Abortion

* Hysterotomy or Caesarean Section

* Partial-Birth Abortion
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by nnemak(m): 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2010
I used to believe we can give flimsy excuses for abortion: like am not in love, we are not ready, we cant afford a baby, bla bla bal bal,
But I have grown to understand that as much as possible let that life live and give it its own chance….
No room for abortion unless the Doc demands it based on complications, that’s my current stand
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Enockia(m): 12:23am On Mar 03, 2010
it is evilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Girl846(f): 4:11am On Mar 03, 2010
With the exception of rape victims and complicated health issues of the fetus or mother. I DO NOT believe in abortion. I do not believe in pre-martial intimacy either. So in the first place, a pregnancy out of wedlock will not happen and hopefully there will never be a need for abortion! cool
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Akinagirl(f): 4:52am On Mar 03, 2010
Its not a black and white issue. So, I wont even treat it like one. There is always an exception to every rule.

However, it should not be used as a method of birth control. I really dont understand the whole multiple abortion phenomenon
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by coolier(f): 9:47am On Mar 03, 2010
I believe in prevention rather than the cure itself.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by biina: 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
Legal in the first trimester, and only on medical grounds beyond that.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Pantsi(m): 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2010
Its illegal,brutal,evil. Its murder,imagine the process. Unless its d life threatning n other severe cases on the mother and recomended by d gynae as remedy. Apart from that its evil period.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by bee444: 2:05pm On Mar 03, 2010
My opinion is kinda compromising. My cousin's girlfriend is about going to the abortion rally. She's still at college and just 17.
Although my cousin wants her to keep the baby, but she's not just ready for it because of her education and considering her age.

I feel for this girl and totally agree with her opinion, but on the other side, I kinda know the implication and complication of abortion and the biblical consequence.

Don't just know what to do. Tried talking to her but it seem she's already made up her mind.

However, she's not scared of the operation because of the success rate attributed to the clinic.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Olayinkaoj(m): 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2010
Abortion is bad, but there are some pressing reasons that could warrant such. We all know what I mean
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2010
I'm liberal, actually I'm left of David Kucinich, however, I'm completely against abortion!

ALL the women I know who have committed the terrible sin of murder abortion:

* did not do it because of any complication to their health or that of the child;
* did not do it because they were ra.ped;
* did not do it because the doctor suggested it;
* did not do it because they were incapable of taking care of the child;

they did to:

* continue their whoring ways;
* get rid of the "loser" boyfriend - the same "loser" they stu.pidly opened their legs for, without a condom!
* deceive a future mugu who may be later labeled a "loser";
* appease the real loser boyfriend who never uses a condom and is okay to use abortion as a form of birth-control;

In my world, abortion will be free, legal and available, however, each case will be investigated as a possible murder. If the investigation reveals that the abortion was carried out for reasons beyond safety and health, the woman will be jailed for murder and the child sent to responsible relatives or a foster home. I will not deny any woman abortion, but they must be ready to see the judge after seeing the doctor!
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by ibileye(f): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2010
If u r not ready to be a mother, then close ur leg or use protection. Abortion is wrong. There is nothing called unwanted pregnancy expect if u r raped, u hv the fun, u get the baby.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
bee444:

My opinion is kinda compromising. My cousin's girlfriend is about going to the abortion rally. She's still at college and just 17.
Although my cousin wants her to keep the baby, but she's not just ready for it because of her education and considering her age.

I feel for this girl and totally agree with her opinion, but on the other side, I kinda know the implication and complication of abortion and the biblical consequence.

Don't just know what to do. Tried talking to her but it seem she's already made up her mind.

However, she's not scared of the operation because of the success rate attributed to the clinic.

Your cousin is one of the many whores nice single ladies who will come out tomorrow and tell us abortion is only necessary for ra.pe victims - was she ra.ped? No.

What age? If she can enjoy .s.ex at 17 (she probably started doing it at 15), be bold enough to do it without a condom (for maximum pleasure grin) and be "smart" enough to avoid all the horrible side-effects of contraceptives, why would her life crumble after delivering a baby? After all, she'll take care of the baby with the loser guy who always whispers "I love you baby and will do anything to make you happy and will always stand by you sweetheart" as he puts that cock right where it belongs!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heartless And Adulterous Husband, Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! / The Real Housewives Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.