Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? (2814 Views)

What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? / Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle Against Parents / Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by minute(f): 2:26pm On Mar 03, 2010
I can understand the desperation that might lead a young girl to believe

she has no other choice.That doesnt mean I think its right when its used as a form

of birth control.If I were to do it,I dont think I could ever live with myself.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Olayinkaoj(m): 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
There are some circumstances that may desperately need abortion but I wont want to encourage it, I have done it for gf b4, but I really dont like it, but it has to be
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by tayoast(m): 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2010
i dont c any big issue wit abortion.

if d lady doesn't want it, then out it goes.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Ivoltage: 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2010
To me, its a very dangerous thing. Let not even mention either its spiritually wrong or not, We all know the effect of it and what it can lead to, So for him, I will never buy such ideal.
Thanks.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by MyJoe: 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2010
Missy B:

Indifferent!!!

People have different reasons for doing certain things and sometimes,
One can't help but see reasons with the Culprit.
Abortion is not Right, so is Fornication, Stealing, Fraud and
some other deeds we see as Fun.

I do not see stealing and fraud as fun, and my whole point of making this post is that you should not. "Fornication" you would have to define.

RichyBlacK:

I'm liberal, actually I'm left of David Kucinich, however, I'm completely against abortion!

ALL the women I know who have committed the terrible sin of murder abortion:

* did not do it because of any complication to their health or that of the child;
* did not do it because they were ra.ped;
* did not do it because the doctor suggested it;
* did not do it because they were incapable of taking care of the child;

they did to:

* continue their whoring ways;
* get rid of the "loser" boyfriend - the same "loser" they stu.pidly opened their legs for, without a condom!
* deceive a future mugu who may be later labeled a "loser";
* appease the real loser boyfriend who never uses a condom and is okay to use abortion as a form of birth-control;

In my world, abortion will be free, legal and available, however, each case will be investigated as a possible murder. If the investigation reveals that the abortion was carried out for reasons beyond safety and health, the woman will be jailed for murder and the child sent to responsible relatives or a foster home. I will not deny any woman abortion, but they must be ready to see the judge after seeing the doctor!

Superlative, Doctorate, A++, Summa Cum Laude, First Class Honours. Thank you.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by lawO1(m): 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
abortion is murder,it should be aborted from d society.if u were aborted will u be alive,so lets wage war against abortion.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by highland(m): 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2010
Condemnable and destructive act of murdering the unborn soul.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by cescjay(m): 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2010
against it,killing is a big sin.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by morpheus24: 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2010
cescjay:

against it,killing is a big sin.

But you murder cows, goats and chickens to eat everyday don't ya,

if our lunacy is going this far we should stop the murder of any living thing on earth, period,
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by rubi(f): 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
Is spilling of sperm not abortion?
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Q12(m): 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2010
Abortion maybe bad but,
1. that fetus less than 20wks cant survive without the umbilical cord, independent living thing?
2. can u withstand having a very malformed baby?
3. what of rape_pregnant cases?
4. Birth control, unwanted pregnancies?
5. There is also a natural vs. artificial abortion
6. If u legalize it people will abuse it, religion will destroy u, culture will abandon.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by mbulela: 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2010
RichyBlacK:

I'm liberal, actually I'm left of David Kucinich, however, I'm completely against abortion!

ALL the women I know who have committed the terrible sin of murder abortion:

* did not do it because of any complication to their health or that of the child;
* did not do it because they were ra.ped;
* did not do it because the doctor suggested it;
* did not do it because they were incapable of taking care of the child;

they did to:

* continue their whoring ways;
* get rid of the "loser" boyfriend - the same "loser" they stu.pidly opened their legs for, without a condom!
* deceive a future mugu who may be later labeled a "loser";
* appease the real loser boyfriend who never uses a condom and is okay to use abortion as a form of birth-control;

In my world, abortion will be free, legal and available, however, each case will be investigated as a possible murder. If the investigation reveals that the abortion was carried out for reasons beyond safety and health, the woman will be jailed for murder and the child sent to responsible relatives or a foster home. I will not deny any woman abortion, but they must be ready to see the judge after seeing the doctor!

posts like this refresh the soul.
There is nothing more to add.
If you are old and intelligent enough to have intimacy without a condom wilfully, be intelligent enough to have the baby if you take in.
My only problem with some pro life folks is that they refuse abortion and in the same breath preach abstainence.
That is hypocricy of the highest level.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by mbulela: 12:01am On Mar 04, 2010
tayo_ast:

i dont c any big issue wit abortion.

if d lady doesn't want it, then out it goes.

why did she not use a condom?
abortion is the result of the highest form of irresponsibility.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Stevo30: 8:09am On Mar 04, 2010
I dont support abortion. I once worked on unwanted pregnancy and abortion for over 4 years. Say what you want when a woman or a girl doesnt want a preganancy, she will do anything to terminate the pregnancy even including killing herself. Its a societal thing iku ya ju esin lo ( death is better than shame. Really the solution is if you dont want to get pregnant there are number of contraceptives available for you. Even if you are raped dont wait for the pregnancy go to hospital immediately or buy a post coital contraceptive pill.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by biina: 8:48am On Mar 04, 2010
For those that are against abortion, I hope you have plans for preventing bad habits by the mother during pregnancy, and for the unwanted babies when they are born.
You can only lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by ndubest(m): 9:24am On Mar 04, 2010
I am against abortion.
Any living human being should be because if you were aborted you wouldnt have been alive
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by MrCrackles(m): 9:25am On Mar 04, 2010
Abortion is not right at all. . . .
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by mbulela: 9:27am On Mar 04, 2010
biina:

For those that are against abortion, I hope you have plans for preventing bad habits by the mother during pregnancy, and for the unwanted babies when they are born.
You can only lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink undecided

guy please explain.
i don't get you.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by biina: 11:15am On Mar 04, 2010
mbulela:

guy please explain.
i don't get you.
what is there not to get? undecided
pro-lifers that want a woman to keep a pregnancy against her wish need to provide contingencies for the woman acting inimically towards the baby e.g. smoking, and also make provisions for after the baby is born (or will you force her to raise the child as well undecided). Also who will take responsibility if a woman denied abortion is permanently impaired or dies from child birth complications?
You cannot jeopardize the interests of one to save another.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by ITbomb(m): 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2010
i read wide
i believe in the spirituality of man ie man is a spirit which means it is only the killing of man that is considered MURDER much unlike rat, chicken turkey etc
although the foetus has all the funtionality of life (much like a fish) it can not be call a human being untill when spirituality is infused in it which occurs during the middle of pregnancy. THAT IS WHY WE ARE CALLED HUMAN BEINGS MADE AFTER THE IMAGE OF GOD AND ABOVE ANIMALS
termination of pregnancy in the first two month is not murder but if you do it for fun you bear the repercussions
for more visit my blog www.hillsview..com or call me tonite 07063677310
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by EmmaSun1(m): 1:42pm On Mar 04, 2010
sad Abortion is bad whether you have a purpose of doing it or not, Abortion is like Strangling someone to death & you watch him/her die in your own eyes. Whatsoever you do in this life you must reap it. the voice of the dead person will be carrying to God day & night, and God will hear. ABORTION IS KILLING!!! period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by morpheus24: 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2010
ITbomb:

i read wide
i[b] believe in the spirituality of man ie man is a spirit which means it is only the killing of man that is considered MURDER much unlike rat, chicken turkey etc[/b]
although the foetus has all the funtionality of life (much like a fish) it can not be call a human being untill when spirituality is infused in it which occurs during the middle of pregnancy. THAT IS WHY WE ARE CALLED HUMAN BEINGS MADE AFTER THE IMAGE OF GOD AND ABOVE ANIMALS
termination of pregnancy in the first two month is not murder but if you do it for fun you bear the repercussions
for more visit my blog www.hillsview..com or call me tonite 07063677310

Because you believe man is a spiritual being(superstition)  doesn't mean its true. What evidence do you have that animals don't have spirits as well.

I mean isn't it a concensus that Dogs have much more heightened senses than humans and even see spirits at night(superstition)

When superstition outweighs logic you have people makingup all kinds of weird assumptions, my dear
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2010
mbulela:

posts like this refresh the soul.
There is nothing more to add.
If you are old and intelligent enough to have intimacy without a condom wilfully, be intelligent enough to have the baby if you take in.
[b]My only problem with pro life folks is that they refuse abortion and in the same breath preach abstainence.[/b]That is hypocricy of the highest level.

Can you explain this further?
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by mbulela: 7:14am On Mar 05, 2010
stillwater:

Can you explain this further?

i have corrected the original post.
i meant some pro life folks.
obviously common in the bible belt in the US and the catholic church
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by mbulela: 7:17am On Mar 05, 2010
biina:

what is there not to get? undecided
pro-lifers that want a woman to keep a pregnancy against her wish need to provide contingencies for the woman acting inimically towards the baby e.g. smoking, and also make provisions for after the baby is born (or will you force her to raise the child as well undecided). Also who will take responsibility if a woman denied abortion is permanently impaired or dies from child birth complications?
You cannot jeopardize the interests of one to save another. 
all this grammar
guy, the woman should use a condom.
It is very simple and last time i checked it is not a very difficult task.
if you are intelligent enough to have intimacy,then you should be intelligent enough to use a condom.
you can't have one without the other.
if you are intelligent enough to do so without a CD, then carry the pregnancy and stop whining and being selfish.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by sizzlers(m): 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2010
THE SORROWFUL VERSES OF THE UNBORN cry cry cry

1 Before ever the ages began
And anything of time conceived
In God’s mind an eternal plan
Was formed to make me be

2. when the time came
For my history to unfold
Breath of life to the ancestors he gave
But far was I from my being.

3. I shudder at you o Cain!
You killed Abel, your brother
Had I been his seed
I would never have been

4. I shudder at you o Onan!
You hindered a generation
Had I been the seed
I would never have been

5. I shudder at you bloodthirsty men
You quit uncountable chances
Had I been within you reach
I would never have been

5. I shudder at you who commit suicide
You worth not to have been born
Had I been you seed
I would never had been

6. I shudder at you abortionist
You think of one, perhaps two or three
But your victims are in thousands
Thousands of generations!
Were it Adam in the womb
You would have murdered him!
Were it Christ in the womb
You would have murdered Him!
Yet from Adam is all generations
And from Christ is all salvation

7 if Eve had aborted Cain, Abel and Seth
Would there have been mankind on earth?
If Mary had aborted Christ
Would there have been salvation for men?
Yet there in the womb, in the child
You murdered Cain, Abel, Seth and Christ.

7. What have you shown your self to be
Than an enemy.
To human life, an enemy
To human procreation, an enemy
To human salvation, an enemy.
May you never meet my ancestors

Before ever the ages began
And anything of time conceived
In God’s mind an eternal plan
Was formed to make me be.

But I know not when it shall be
Yet a plan, sure, had been formed
In patience I will be led to see
The light of the day, my day

This is my long – longed hope
The goal of many ancestors work
Their efforts work towards my being
Though they knew it not.

If I were to be a house
He was the foundation (ADAM)
many others were built on it
So I could hope to be built

This is my long – longed hope

And I blessed the womb to hold me
Fair are you o womb!
Fairer than the fairest of wombs!

When I see my day
I will give you gifts
Gifts from my feat
Fit for queens at feast

To be continue… embarassed cry
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by biina: 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2010
mbulela:

all this grammar
guy, the woman should use a condom.
It is very simple and last time i checked it is not a very difficult task.
if you are intelligent enough to have intimacy,then you should be intelligent enough to use a condom.
you can't have one without the other.
if you are intelligent enough to do so without a CD, then carry the pregnancy and stop whining and being selfish.
So condoms and any other contraceptive are 100% effective? undecided
So if after getting pregnant, the guy denies responsibility (even if married), you want the woman to go thru pregnancy alone and raise the child as a single parent?  undecided
You cannot force someone to want a baby against their wish, whether the pregnancy was by error or forced.
All a sweeping ban on abortion will achieve is make it into a booming black market.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by SwtzMinx(f): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2010
.ab0rti0n is MURDER! Its wr0ng.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Tcrack(m): 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2010
Bleep the hypocrisyy.i am %100 insupport of it.everyone has a reason for doing what they do and if flushing out some unwanted blood from your womb is what you need to do, then, get it done.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by PupetMasta(m): 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
I am not in support of abortion, but I think it should be legalized in every country. People should have a right to keep or kill a fetus. it is a choice, we are free moral agent. Legalizing it does not mean it should be charged on tax payers as it is done in the UK. I dont like it and I will not do it so why should I pay for another person's foolishness. Non medical abortion should be paid for.

If you are old enough to have sex then you should be old enough to use contraceptives or condoms, or take care of a child if u decided not to use any of the above. This is just my own moral view.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by tayoast(m): 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2010
mbulela:

why did she not use a condom?
abortion is the result of the highest form of irresponsibility.

if my wife's pregnant (as a result of not using condom) & i dont 'want' d kid, FLUSH it!!
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Abortion? by Girl846(f): 7:12am On Mar 06, 2010
THIS IS MY PROBLEM WITH SOCIETY TODAY!!  angry
People want to have fun and 'live life', YET they will not take responsibility for their actions!
Every action has a reaction.
If you cannot handle the reaction - DON'T do the action till you are ready to handle the consequences. Simple
** yes there are exceptional cases where abortion maybe considered** <------ these cases are very few!

Please do not pretend to be ignorant!! WE ALL KNOW - most [/b]of the abortions carried out are NOT due to complications or whatever! but due to people's [b]selfish and irresponsible attitudes. They want to have their cake and eat it. nonsense!!

tayo_ast:

if my wife's pregnant (as a result of not using condom) & i dont 'want' d kid, FLUSH it!!

Any husband willing to put his wife through such a dangerous and abusive things is, I don't even have words for such a husband. I pray that i will never have a husband with that kind of silly, selfish and repulsive mentality! bye!!

I wonder IF men boys were the ones getting pregnant and having to go through abortions destroying their wombs, will change their views on abortion!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help It’s Urgent Please / Why Are Nigeria Women So Cold Hearted Towards Men? / She Asked For My Help =>senegalese Refugee {tina Abdel}..is She Lying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.