Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) (11197 Views)

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by illusion2: 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2010
Does any one know where can I get the clips ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 04, 2010
yesterdays friendlies:
Argentina has stepped up their games, 9ja better follow suit?!
France was poor, need to step up their game BIG TIME but there is still some hope before the WC!!!!!
South Africa confirmed that they are way over their head on this one.
Italy wont win that world cup for sure as Cameroon show them that they meant BUSINESS
Ghana lost against a strong team so there is hope too.
Ivory Coast poor poor poor but hey Korea is a strong team and 9ja better watch out for them .
SPAIN, ENGLAND, HOLLAND showed they mean business!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Iyineda(m): 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2010
SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THE SE NOT HAVING WC JERSEYS SO WHAT DID THEY WEAR IN ANGOLA ANKARA?

Err, a training kit? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2010
Johnnny:

Guys, can you believe this,

I was at football.co.uk to check on the results of all yesterday's matches only to find the Nigeria/Congo matche update missing from the results

Na wa o, Nigeria no even command any respect from anybody anymore.  Its a shame o

Did you check soccernet.com? The results are there. Just because it is missing from one football.co.uk means nothing.

galatico:

Our mates where playing against world cup bound sides, we where busy playing against Congo DR, Cameroon played against Italy, so did Egypy play against England, Ivory Coast played against South Korea, cuz they are familair opponents they'll face at the world cup, we choose to play against a side they didn't qualify for the world cup instead of testing our strenght against European and Asian Countries . Pathetic!!!
Brazil also played Ireland. . .they (Ireland) aint going to the WC.
Portugal played China. .
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by honeric01(m): 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2010
@fbs
nice response to both questions
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by honeric01(m): 1:19pm On Mar 04, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Obinoscopy(m): 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2010
FBS:

Did you check soccernet.com? The results are there. Just because it is missing from one football.co.uk means nothing.

soccernet.com is not an official site for FIFA. Go and check fifa.com and tell me if u saw the result of the Nigeria vs Congo fixture

FBS:

Brazil also played Ireland. . .they (Ireland) aint going to the WC.
Portugal played China. .

Brazil is in the same group with Portugal thus they decided to play Ireland since Ireland is an European country just like Portugal. Also Portugal played China becos they will meet Korea in the world Cup. Korea and China are both Asian teams. But we played Congo. . . I still don't understand the benefit of that match in this oncoming world cup. I thought we were initially fixed to play Paraguay. . . It shows the ineffectiveness of NFF. And as a consequence of playing a low team like Congo, we have gone down the ranking from 15 to 21!

honeric01:

@fbs
 nice response to both questions

If his response is nice then what do have to say about mine. I think his response is wrong!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2010
Obinoscopy:

soccernet.com is not an official site for FIFA. Go and check fifa.com and tell me if u saw the result of the Nigeria vs Congo fixture
I don't know why people just like to jump into arguments blindly?
Is football.co.uk the official site for FIFA?   undecided

Obinoscopy:

Brazil is in the same group with Portugal thus they decided to play Ireland since Ireland is an European country just like Portugal. Also Portugal played China becos they will meet Korea in the world Cup. Korea and China are both Asian teams. But we played Congo. . . I still don't understand the benefit of that match in this oncoming world cup. I thought we were initially fixed to play Paraguay. . . It shows the ineffectiveness of NFF. And as a consequence of playing a low team like Congo, we have gone down the ranking from 15 to 21!

Again you jumped the gun.I replied specifically to his post (which, if you can read well was highlighted by moi). He said our mates were playing (note) WORLD CUP BOUND countries and I pointed to him he was WRONG on that. China is not world cup bound, neither is Ireland.
We were meant to play Portugal but it did not work out.
Against Paraguay. . .NFF said the contract did not favor them.
What were they supposed to do? Yeah, your guess is as good as mine.
It is on record that we played Congo on March 03 2010 and beat them 5-2 on home soil. Yes?

Obinoscopy:

If his response is nice then what do have to say about mine. I think his response is wrong!
Your response is OFF the mark. I think you should read well before posting.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by honeric01(m): 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2010
Obinoscopy:

See, it wasn't because of the opposition we played that made us drop, FIFA should be asked why Algeria only dropped 1 point after losing 3 0 to their opponent, Imagine Greece that lost 0 2 to Senegal (a non world cup team and they didn't even qualify for the last nations cup), yet Greece didn't lose any point and they are still rated as the 10th best club on fifa, can you justify that?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2010
^^^ I've told you that FIFA ranking system is nothing but empty air.
Really, I don't take them serious.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by naijaswag1: 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2010
why play congo when they we could have faced stronger opponents?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Obinoscopy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2010
FBS:

I don't know why people just like to jump into arguments blindly?
Is football.co.uk the official site for FIFA?   undecided

Again you jumped the gun.I replied specifically to his post (which, if you can read well was highlighted by moi). He said our mates were playing (note) WORLD CUP BOUND countries and I pointed to him he was WRONG on that. China is not world cup bound, neither is Ireland.
We were meant to play Portugal but it did not work out.
Against Paraguay. . .NFF said the contract did not favor them.
What were they supposed to do? Yeah, your guess is as good as mine.
It is on record that we played Congo on March 03 2010 and beat them 5-2 on home soil. Yes?
Your response is OFF the mark. I think you should read well before posting.

If you like defend yourself for making such arguments (which are baseless), the fact remains that our match against Congo was not the right match 4 us. The baseline of the guy's (galatico) argument was that NFF were wrong in fixing a match with Congo "instead of testing our strenght against European and Asian Countries . Pathetic!!!". And if you ask me it is really pathetic.

What you just did was to look 4 the semantic loopholes in his argument instead of considering his arguments holistically
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2010
Obinoscopy:

If you like defend yourself for making such arguments (which are baseless), the fact remains that our match against Congo was not the right match 4 us. The baseline of the guy's (galatico) argument was that NFF were wrong in fixing a match with Congo "instead of testing our strenght against European and Asian Countries . Pathetic!!!". And if you ask me it is really pathetic.

What you just did was to look 4 the semantic loopholes in his argument instead of considering his arguments holistically
Easy. . .take a deep breath! relax!
I am not defending anything. FACT is there is NOTHING to defend.
What you have clearly missed was that the two matches that could have made "sense" for The SE did not go through and NFF gave the reasons. . . and so I asked you, what were they supposed to do?
It's a pity you missed the point in my post which was to tell the guy that a certain football.co.uk is not the HQ for footie results.
I also made him realise that we are not the only country who played non-world cup bound countries. These 2 points you cannot even contest them. I was right.
Now if you say was it the right match for us? It's a different talk all together. Geddit?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by honeric01(m): 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2010
Obinoscopy:

Guy, stop all these, weren't you aware that we were suppose to play Paraguay? both of them didn't agree on time, the friendly had to be closed, because NFF didn't want the free day wasted, they decided to play an available country (CONGO) or would you have preferred we never played anyone? Paraguay didn't play any country either after the disagreement with NFF
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Obinoscopy(m): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2010
honeric01:

Guy, stop all these, weren't you aware that we were suppose to play Paraguay? both of them didn't agree on time, the friendly had to be closed, because NFF didn't want the free day wasted, they decided to play an available country (CONGO) or would you have preferred we never played anyone? Paraguay didn't play any country either after the disagreement with NFF

The fault is still NFF's. The signal has been there long ago that the Nigeria vs Paraguay fixture might not work (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-399154.0.html), what the NFF should have done on seeing the signal was to look 4 a plan B but they didn't. All they did was to fix an impromptu match against Congo, becos of the nature of d impromptu match, we couldn't even invite many players
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by honeric01(m): 2:31pm On Mar 04, 2010
Obinoscopy:

The fault is still NFF's. The signal has been there long ago that the Nigeria vs Paraguay fixture might not work (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-399154.0.html), what the NFF should have done on seeing the signal was to look 4 a plan B but they didn't. All they did was to fix an impromptu match against Congo, becos of the nature of d impromptu match, we couldn't even invite many players

Stop flogging a dead horse, we have 2 more friendlies to play, it wasn't even our new coach that supervised the friendly, so you don't have to purge now, wait until he has unveiled his own squad or players he wants to use as his own main squad, those ones that played yesterday were selected by Amokachi and co.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by sley4life(m): 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2010
Amodu wherever he is should be ashamed of himself. The home base players u called training materials have disgraced u. They have shown you that they are up to the task. It even shows that Amokachi is a better coach compared to Amodu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by illusion2: 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

yesterdays friendlies:
Argentina has stepped up their games, 9ja better follow suit?!
France was poor, need to step up their game BIG TIME but there is still some hope before the WC!!!!!
South Africa confirmed that they are way over their head on this one.
Italy wont win that world cup for sure as Cameroon show them that they meant BUSINESS
[s]Ghana lost against a strong team so there is hope too.[/s]Ivory Coast poor poor poor but hey Korea is a strong team and 9ja better watch out for them .
SPAIN, ENGLAND, HOLLAND showed they mean business!!!!

Except your Ghana analysis,every other thing was spot on. Bosnia isn't a 'strong team' in the mould of Brazil,Spain etc

I watched the whole game,Ghana was poor(prob trying new players) & the pitch was absolutely horrendous !
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by honeric01(m): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2010
sley4life:

Amodu wherever he is should be ashamed of himself. The home base players u called training materials have disgraced u. They have shown you that they are up to the task. It even shows that Amokachi is a better coach compared to Amodu.

Apart from Osas Ideyen, who else performed excellently yesterday? (home based)
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by sley4life(m): 3:04pm On Mar 04, 2010
Amodu nid 100 stoke of the cane for him yansh
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Kx: 3:04pm On Mar 04, 2010
Amodu should be banned from Nigreian football.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by morpheus24: 3:09pm On Mar 04, 2010
All the games yesterday regardless of if the opposing team were WC bound were Strategic matches except the Super eagles game.

Only if you want to argue that they used this opportunity to try out Home based players will I accept, othersied why does Nigeria event always have to have K leg in it. Every other team WC boudn tema organized themselves qute well.

PS I repead Nigeria are the only African team again with no Official Jersey to the WC and we have less than 100 days to go.

Shame Shame!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by dfanthom(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2010
after pummelling congo, i hope they don't start believing they have arrived! otherwise, their doubts will be cleared in WOZA 2010!!
shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by semid4lyfe(m): 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2010
honeric01:

Apart from Osas Ideyen, who else performed excellently yesterday? (home based)
True that! Osas Idehen was the stand-out player amongst the home-based. Even Chibuzor Okonkwo with all his olympic experience was just okay IMO.
To say I was disappointed in the performance of the home-based lads yesterday will be an understatement. Still wondering why some of the U-17 players (Ajagun, Azeez, Emmanuel & Chukwudi) were not selected or aren't they homebased? or is it becos they (with the exception of Ajagun) play for amateur/non-premier league clubs? They're certainly fitter, more skillful and better than the bunch of old home-based league players that were paraded yesterday.
undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by honeric01(m): 6:18pm On Mar 04, 2010
semid4lyfe:

True that! Osas Idehen was the stand-out player amongst the home-based. Even Chibuzor Okonkwo with all his olympic experience was just okay IMO.
To say I was disappointed in the performance of the home-based lads yesterday will be an understatement. Still wondering why some of the U-17 players (Ajagun, Azeez, Emmanuel & Chukwudi) were not selected or aren't they homebased? or is it becos they (with the exception of Ajagun) play for amateur/non-premier league clubs? They're certainly fitter, more skillful and better than the bunch of old home-based league players that were paraded yesterday.
undecided

They were all trying to fight for shirt yesterday lol even that fat one too grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by kabarka(m): 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2010
the only good thing about this match is the
inclusion of local players.nothing else!

let NFF go for quality experience by arranging
for friendlys with a respected nation in the game of football
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by sley4life(m): 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2010
i blv Lars would utilize our home base players. We will rule africa in SA
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by morpheus24: 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2010
sley4life:

i blv Lars would utilize our home base players. We will rule africa in SA

come to think of it the Ivorians are way down on my list of African teams that may surprise at the world cup. The have a tough group and don't seem to be exhibiting any cohesion that is needed against the other group members.

If the Nigeirans buckle up and are disciplined they really do stand a chance.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by blacksta(m): 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2010
I am having problems with watchait online as it is constantly freezing - to fix i have to continually hit the refresh button for it to work

Any solutions would help - The thing dey drive me crazy.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by mojojojo(m): 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2010
[size=15pt]Anyone know where I can watch highlights of the game?[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 8:05am On Mar 05, 2010
^^^ That will be very hard. Have you tried youtube?

AMODU TAKES COMPASSIONATE LEAVE
Redeployed Nigeria coach Shuaibu Amodu missed Wednesday's 5-2 friendly win over Democratic Republic of Congo because he applied for, and was granted compassionate leave by the NFF.

NFF Executive Committee member Taiwo Ogunjobi told KickoffNigeria.com that Amodu asked for time to take care of 'family matters'.

"We met some days ago with him when he returned from South Africa, and he asked to be granted leave to attend to his family.

"His request was considered and granted, and so he is away with the knowledge and permission of the federation," Ogunjobi said.

In his absence, Daniel Amokachi took charge of the team and masterminded a comfortable win over the Congolese in front of new Technical Adviser Lars Lagerback.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=14204
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by toosoon(m): 8:44am On Mar 05, 2010
honeric01:

See, it wasn't because of the opposition we played that made us drop, FIFA should be asked why Algeria only dropped 1 point after losing 3 0 to their opponent, Imagine Greece that lost 0 2 to Senegal (a non world cup team and they didn't even qualify for the last nations cup), yet Greece didn't lose any point and they are still rated as the 10th best club on fifa, can you justify that?

2011 European Championship qualifying match

England Under-21s v Greece Under-21s

Greece won an away game against England by 2 goals to 1.
This is the reason they retain 10th position.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oshoala Returns From 2 Months Injury By Scoring In Barca's 7-0 Win / Onazi Ogenyi Welcomes Second Daughter Zara Agbenu Onazi / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Will Be Shown On SuperSport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.