Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals (42557 Views)

Stop Using Tissue Paper To Wipe Your Nyash After Poo, Always Use Water . / No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos) / Death In A Gin Bottle: How Nigerians Are Drinking Themselves To The Grave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by HMZi: 7:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
2shure:
U go soon die Better go load 50 litres drink Or aday 1st timer Enter swimming pool Just 5 feet And drown a bit So u can drink enuf pool water I pray make u nor drink water na just God
water is to cheap,i drink only ACE of spades,it has water inside tooo
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by emerged01(m): 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
belindar:

The water coming from borehole, was it purified b4 going to houses?
Do u think the Advanced countries are stupid when they purified their water and monitor it constantly?

I understand your point. If you go to mainland you will realize that every borehole brings out clean water without treatment while on island there are contaminated water because most parts of island are sand filled. The advanced countries you are referring maybe having the same problem those on island are having.
On lsland most rich men on island dig industrial borehole which I believe septic can't affect. Though it is not advisable to dig borehole near septic tank.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by texazzpete(m): 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
Can't take advice from someone who calls a 'soak-away' a 'sucker way'.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by solid3(m): 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
This thing is simple if I have my own house and dig my own borehole, I will simply take a sample of the water from borehole to lab for analysis from time to time. And that solves the poo ish.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by emerged01(m): 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
rozayx5:
In lekki here. If your borehole no extra deep na brown water u go see
It is because Lekki is sandfilled. If you want to enjoy water in Lekki,your borehole must be very very deep i.e industrial borehole which is very expensive.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
this is what microbiologist study in their 3rd or 4th year, then some persons will now open their mouth and say Microbiology is a useless!
only in Nigeria.

all of you here insulting the Op and trying to shut him down, i wonder if you are humans at all,
this post is very serious matter, having grave health implications, and you guys are joking about it. hmmm

kontinu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by Dubbydoo(m): 8:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
please i'll advice that you carry out a research before you poo here.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by gameboyo: 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
Tolexander:
The OP doesn't seem to know that the soil is a good filter of water going into the aquifer.

Moreover, some of these microorganisms cant survive the condition in the soil.

I may not be vast here though, but he's got a great point
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
Nonsense! Gibberish!

Our forefathers fetched water from the same stream that they washed themselves, urinate into and even poo into. The water they fetch is what they drink and use to cook food. How many cancer, typhoid, malaria did they have then?

Go to many villages today, people live in huts whose windows, doors have nothing like mosquito nets. How many malaria dey do dem?
Their pregnant women go to farm either on foot or on bicycles - them no dey create scenes like our township ladies. How many of dem need surgery (CS) for child birth? Some sef will just go to farm and return with a baby.

This upside-down oversabi knowledge of nowadays just taya me. People claiming to know stuff that they dont really know.
Leave us alone to drink our bore-hole water abeg. Thaink you. sad
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by okosunsunny: 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma 2017/2018 direct -entry , Do you Want to up-grand your scores to meet up with the UTME Cut off mark here is your chance to do so now . for more information on how to upgrand your UTME scores And get Admission in to Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma contact the school Admission Office via: 08118360644 for help and for admission assistance.

Mr Okosun
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by lereinter(m): 9:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Tolexander:
The OP doesn't seem to know that the soil is a good filter of water going into the aquifer.

a very cold bottle of what u like...
thumbs up
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by benflin(m): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
During my final year in the University, my research work was " the potential effects of sewag on ground water. Case study of Bosso around Futminna". We collected water from several bore holes and measure their distance to closest source of sewage. We took those samples to the water laboratory of Upper Niger River Basin Development Authority for water quality analysis. When the result came, most of the samples pass the test and are fit for consumption. We only dictected feacal Coliform in one sample which might not necessarily be from the sewage. So our conclusion was sewage is not yet pacolating in to the acquifers that provides bore holes with water for now but if the practice of siting bore holes close to suckaways continues it might possibly result in the Op's Opinion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by Amadaz(m): 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Comments here make me laugh so hard. Maybe because I'm sick and everything seems hilarious.
Pls can i drink your poo?
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by keypad1: 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
you people should stop making me laugh biko.
Where's this you comment comming from. grin grin grin
i love u dear but i love ur bwrests more.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by ziga: 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
Tolexander:

Soil is a good filter but to filter microorganisms, the poo has to go through so many layers of earth before it drains back into the rivers.

In most states in the south of Nigeria, our water level is too low for this type of filtration to happen.

Also, there are rules regarding how close a well should be to a soak away pit. Houses are so crowded together in Lagos and these rules are not obeyed.

Knowledge is supposed to be power to demand change.

Let us stop taking pride in our own poo.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by ziga: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
CHeapTins:
Nonsense! Gibberish!

Our forefathers fetched water from the same stream that they washed themselves, urinate into and even poo into. The water they fetch is what they drink and use to cook food. How many cancer, typhoid, malaria did they have then?

Go to many villages today, people live in huts whose windows, doors have nothing like mosquito nets. How many malaria dey do dem?
Their pregnant women go to farm either on foot or on bicycles - them no dey create scenes like our township ladies. How many of dem need surgery (CS) for child birth? Some sef will just go to farm and return with a baby.

This upside-down oversabi knowledge of nowadays just taya me. People claiming to know stuff that they dont really know.
Leave us alone to drink our bore-hole water abeg. Thaink you. sad

Lol. You are really funny.

I am sure you are sending this message from one of those huts that your ancestors built. Does it have wifi also? Android or windows?

And you also piss and sh!t in the same stream that you drink from.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by itsRhamzy: 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
texazzpete:
Can't take advice from someone who calls a 'soak-away' a 'sucker way'.
comments here are so funny.. Laughed so hard.. grin

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by PETUK(m): 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
ThisTrend:
I came to check names, but unfortunately...

I am dissapointed sad
and you were looking for your Governor's name
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by maxnedu11(m): 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
true talk, most people feel ground water purification makes ground water safe for drinking some microbes , ions and salts forming material will survive it, the solution is easy since this same water is 40percent of the world source of drinking water, bore hole water should be properly tested and treated to the WHO standard for PURE water.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by SmartyPants(m): 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sucker way grin

This guy must be high on poo!
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by mecussey(m): 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
HMZi:
Thats why i dont drink water
My bruuuda...beer sure pass. At least its purified.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2017

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by mecussey(m): 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
2shure:
God knw y we never sick Nawa o
the way this op explain God matter here...the thing tire me.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by DIKEnaWAR: 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
Tolexander:

I liked your comment because it gives us hope. If not nke anyi ekpome in this matter.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
Fantastic piece. Absolutely illuminating. At least once in a while nairaland can be useful for something. Hats off to the OP.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by Blue3k(m): 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
This post assumes everyone is terrible at building septic tank and eually bad at water purification. Other than that conjecture it's an OK piece.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by slimhomiequan(m): 11:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
And some people will still say "Dirty no dey kill African man"

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 11:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:

I liked your comment because it gives us hope. If not nke anyi ekpome in this matter.

But the soil can't filter everything especially chemicals especially since those are not biodegradable. The chemicals from pesticides and fertilizers get into the ground and poison people who live far off. Do you know how many lawsuits the United States govt has won against companies because of this?
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 11:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
Tolexander:

Times you are right up to a point but the soil cannot filter a lot of chemicals so they sip into the soil and can cause damage several miles away.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 11:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
ferhyntorlah:
This article got me to confused.com

I thought the rocks beneath the earth are natural purifiers.

Geologists and soil scientists please helep me.

Yes but they can't filter everything like the chemicals from your fertilizer and all.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 11:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
12inches1:
OP is quite confused. The borehole (in concept) is a deep well and not a shallow well. The soakaway that seeps into the ground often only contaminates the shallow well. The deep aquifer (or well) is often free from contamination because it is formed through years of filtering (hence purification) from water from the low level water table. The problems from soakaway pits only often arise when water is sourced from a shallow well and the soakaway sewage or leechate contaminates it.

No he is not confused, the soil is not going to filter the chemicals from your herbicides and pesticides.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iyienu Mission Hospital, Anambra: Oldest Mission Hospital In Igboland (Photos) / Sorrow As Gallant Mopol Who Survived Many Battles, Dies Suddenly. Photos / Photos From General Hospital Otukpo, Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.